• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Tako is an interesting character. I have a feeling she might have a DF related to laughing.

The Yakuza head is definitely going to be Franky's enemy.

Komurasaki is tall. Could she be the Kozuki daughter? Could she be related to O-Robi somehow?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- You are correct Sanji, O-Robi as a geisha is truly splendid.

- Lmao at Sanji's face when being given advice on attracting some samurai

- Whew, this is Sanji's chapter for sure. That stomp was hella nice, and I liked his interactions with Robin and especially Toko.

- Toko is so adorable, Tama has competition. Actually, it's pretty amusing that this arc has more named kids than usual, or at least it feels that way. Mighty interesting quirk of hers as well. Between that and the way she easily makes them laugh... could it be a DF ability? Or is she just that adorably funny?

- Robin's expressiveness regarding Toko as she left kind of surprised me a little. I love when we get moments like that out of her.

- Between Hancock, Shirahoshi, and now Komurasaki, we now have three characters whose beauty is painted as being damn-near mythical lol

- Robin is finally getting to meet Orochi. In hindsight, it makes sense that we only get to properly see him at the same time Robin does.

- Komurasaki is tall and fancy af, wonder how she compares to Kiku height-wise. Also jfc, she's beautiful enough to knock out people, or even blind them. I forget what Hancock's best "feat" was in this aspect, unless we count the gag of her turning people into stone without using her powers lol

- I feel like some people are going to think this, but there's no way Komurasaki is being set up to be a gag. Oda doesn't play when it comes to this kind of stuff.

- I like that Kyoshiro is turning out to be a bit more relevant than I thought he'd be. Dude has the clout to get Queen to just send some assassins Sanji's way like it's no big deal.

- So Robin will be at Orochi's banquet tonight, and will interact with both him and likely Komurasaki as well. I'm curious as to how the dynamic with the later will go.

- And lastly, a silhouette of Orochi. Dude has at least 5 heads in his Zoan form, which is very befitting of his name. Obviously looks like a very rare DF, so that's major points in terms of him being a real threat after all. Though I know some people will look at the slight goofiness of the silhouette, or even his laugh, and still be worried anyways. Then again, after the Holdem reveal, or drunk dragon Kaido, I can't blame them I suppose.

- Man, no wonder why Kin'emon hates dragons so much lmfao

------

Good chapter, I liked it better than last week's. I love, love, love seeing the crew interact again with Sanji, it's been far too long. And the setup is continuing to be quite interesting and hard to predict. And I hope we get some more chapters like this where we explore what the crew's up to while Luffy's in jail.

Oct 27, 2017
Gimme that Shogun reveal pls I wanna know, He's got a lame ass laugh tho Gufufufu-goofy ass dork

I wish Usopp got in on the beat up I was hoping he would since there were 3 thugs but who knows I guess it was so satisfying seeing Sanji stomp that asshole face into the ground tho and him giving Toko that last bowl was wholesome af

I did think Devil Fruit when they mentioned his laughing was odd and contagious but could be thinking too deep

My flame of hope that Robin will pull some sweet assassin/spy shit on the Shogun is only being fanned by all this pls Oda

Also Queen sending assassins is interesting I would have thought they'd just say ninja but I might be misunderstanding horrifically here still I wonder if that'll be significant or just setup for the Kyoshiro clan head or even Queen to meet up with Sanji/Franky/Usopp

Pretty fun chapter!

Magneton

Banned
Jul 31, 2018
With regards to the courtesans/oiran, anyone else surprised that Oda's editors let him introduce sex workers into the One Piece universe? Maybe he got a pass this time because of Wano's inspiration being feudal Japan, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With regards to the courtesans/oiran, anyone else surprised that Oda's editors let him introduce sex workers into the One Piece universe? Maybe he got a pass this time because of Wano's inspiration being feudal Japan, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Well oirans are apparently the courtesans that do not sleep with their clientele. I mean of course sex workers must be tucked away somewhere in Wano, but between Robin and Komurasaki, Oda's (wisely) intent on keeping it PG.

Toko didn't get captured a gajillion times (yet), so I'm going with her.

Lol yea tru

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Stussy's the "queen of the pleasure district".

Magneton

Banned
Jul 31, 2018
Well oirans are apparently the courtesans that do not sleep with their clientele. I mean of course sex workers must be tucked away somewhere in Wano, but between Robin and Komurasaki, Oda's (wisely) intent on keeping it PG.

The note I read said that oiran were sex workers (who could also be entertainers) while geishas were purely entertainers.

Stussy's the "queen of the pleasure district".

That's true and (arguably) more overt than "courtesan". Although oiran might have stronger connotations with prostitution in Japanese culture. I dunno.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The note I read said that oiran were sex workers (who could also be entertainers) while geishas were purely entertainers.

Upon further reading, it seems that despite the extended skillset in entertainment, they are ultimately still sex workers/prostitutes, just extremely expensive, and even then someone with Komura's staus can reject you if they want to. So basically Oda can still play it off in this arc by making Komura the type of woman that can't be bought or something along those lines. Which makes sense since the damn Shogun isn't getting anywhere.

I learned something new today.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Nice, short chapter (man, we're gonna have to wait a lot for the next one).

I missed seeing a curlyhat interacting with the others, great to see them reunited at last; I would have loved the reunion not being offscreen, but hey. I just hope Zoro and Sanji's eventual meeting isn't. That shit has to be shown, Oda.

The little "fight" was cool, what with the stomp (and the forcing the dude to eat the spilled soba lol) and the suplex. Wish Ussop had done something, tho. The laughing kid is funny and yeah, her making people laugh so easily could be a DF thing.

OROCHIIIII. He looks like he's going to be on the serious/strong side tbh, can't wait to see his design. I almost wish, however, that he'd be a total joke (at least design wise) just to spite those hating any character that isn't edgy or cool. It's as if some people don't know the kind of manga they're reading.

Oda made it a point to show them sending assassins (ninjas?) towards Sanji and company, so I wonder what's the deal with that. Interesting to see it's Queen's people they're sending, some people might be adding another "hint" that Sanji's fighting him lol.
that old VGX was great, watching him destroy the show and Keighley was very entertaining.
Community (the first three seasons at least) is my favourite show ever, so I have a sweet spot for him and yeah, that shit was hilarious. The perfect sabotage, poor 2013 Geoff lol. Dude really turned things around, happy for him.

Without spoilers, please: how was the TGA in terms of game announcements/trailers?

I won't be able to watch them until later in the afternoon.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Orochi got the orochi power NANI SHOCKED FACE ... lol :P

Community (the first three seasons at least) is my favourite show ever, so I have a sweet spot for him and yeah, that shit was hilarious. The perfect sabotage, poor 2013 Geoff lol. Dude really turned things around, happy for him.

Without spoilers, please: how was the TGA in terms of game announcements/trailers?

I won't be able to watch them until later in the afternoon.

Got no ideia, didn't watch it. That was a bad time for us europeans, im only going to see the trailers now.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So bets on the beautiful lady being someone we know? The kozuki daughter?
Toko is cute, wonder if she has a devil fruit, her making everyone laugh seems odd

Oct 25, 2017
Robin's time has come! She bout to put in work!

Frankly honoring Senor Pink with that suplex. Bless.

Orochi model fruit incoming!

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I found that kid a little creepy to be honest, i think it was because she's always smiling. The 'Kamuro' explanation didn't help either.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 927:

As a English reader, I always feel like I'm missing out with names like "Orochi" in manga/Japanese games since those words don't have any meaning to me outside of those context. I assume for their intended audience it's like calling a character Lucifer or Zeus, with the reader "expecting" some sort of connection between the character and their "legendary" namesake without having to do research/making the connection due to references in multiple forms of media.

Anyway besides the Orochi reveal, it was good to see Robin, Ussop, and Franky interacting with Sanji this chapter.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Great chapter. Loved the Sanji stuff and Toko is really fun.

I won't be able to talk in the thread for real til Saturday but I got just enough time say this.

Silfer HOLY SHIT JOKER IS IN SMASH WHAT TIME LINE ARE WE IN!
Dude it's insane!!! I could never have predicted this but it makes me so happy. Two of my all-time favorite things coming together. This is the Smash character I have been the most happy since I first got into it as a kid on Gamecube and it's one I never even dreamed of because the rational part of me wouldn't have dared suggest it. But this world stopped making sense for a while now and thankfully in Smash's case, it's a good thing.
Which kid had the better first introduction? Tama or Toko?
Intro? I liked Toko's more by a laughably wide margin. I love Tama but wasn't her intro just being saved by Luffy from bandits and collapsing from hunger? Doesn't really make her that likable, just garners sympathy and the likability came later. Whereas Toko's possibly getting the opposite.
Only 2 more chapters left in the year.
Thought the chapter said "One Piece will return in the new year"?
If Jump follows the same schedule as last year then this new issue is a "2-3" double issue, meaning no new Jump manga for a week. The blurb said One Piece comes back in the 4-5 "new year" issue but that's odd to me since One Piece coming back on issue 4-5 would be the same as every other manga, no special break aka not noteworthy, which makes me think they may have confused it with issue 6, the first one made in 2019. But issue 4-5, while not the first issue made in 2019, would be the first on shelves on Jan 1st due to the break so maybe that's what they meant (but again, that would mean no break for One Piece).

So if they follow last year's schedule then no there aren't 2 more chapters. But if they don't and this is issue #2 then the blurb makes more sense and there'll be a another issue this month, unlike last year, and One Piece will be off in #3 and back in #4-5, the final issue of the year which is also still on shelves in the new year. This makes more sense to me.
But even in this case, there's only one more chapter this year since there'd be two issues left and OP is missing one.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Chap 927 - "break next week" 😢
-hah.. nice cover, I love it and it really fits Garp's personality.
-Sanji is already famous that all the women of the capital already talk about his food.
-To a certain extent, it seems like they' re not too worried about Luffy and I think nobody's "really" concerned.
-Robin elegant as always
-As Ussop said they really did something that bothers Sanji and they got a well-deserved beating.
-Little girl, Toko is a little weird but yes, her laugh is contagious.
- Komurasaki aka the Perfect woman, I suppose the trail of men with bloody noses is proof that Oda is serious. Mhnnnnnnnnn...
-As for Orochi, I'd better wait for him to be fully revealed. All I can say is that he looks a little small.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man as if this day wasn't beautiful enough for me with new One Piece, MHA, BC and a fucking Smash Bros. game, there's apparently an Avengers 4 trailer out of nowhere.
Not watching it cause I avoid trailers but somehow just reading the words "Avengers 4 Official Trailer" further boosted my hype lol. What a wonderful day.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Man as if this day wasn't beautiful enough for me with new One Piece, MHA, BC and a fucking Smash Bros. game, there's apparently an Avengers 4 trailer out of nowhere.
Not watching it cause I avoid trailers but somehow just reading the words "Avengers 4 Official Trailer" further boosted my hype lol. What a wonderful day.

Meh its Friday that's enough to make my day in any week :P
Also i can talk a lot about Dragon Age.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm half expecting the Orochi dragon heads to be a fakeout, like he uses them to seem more intimidating to people outside his room or something

Oct 25, 2017
They pushed the Sanji button, they shouldn't have did that.
Great to see Franky doing wrestling moves again too.
Toko definitely has some kind of laughter Devil Fruit.
Something tells me Komurasaki will end up playing a bigger role.
Orochi is an Orochi. Maybe. I do think it's possible to be a fakeout. I could see him being like Spandam, a weakling that uses stronger guys to fight his battles.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Why do I have a feeling that Komurasaki will be the Viola of Wano?

And Avengers, I'd have been more hyped if the characters that I actually like didn't get thanos-ed.

Oct 27, 2017
The last time we saw a character who wouldn't stop smiling was in the Fisher Tiger flashback and it was the result of trauma

Status
Not open for further replies.