• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Carrot fans, you lose the bet over the Jinbei bros. Oda drew this banner for the official youtube channel.

Dtf5ZHEWkAAfefv.jpg
Can we repurpose this to be the banner image for the thread?
If the function works.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Just gonna quote this for the new page/start of the week.
Since I can use the website now I shall now officially reply. Add me to the list! I would also like to issue a decree right ehre and now for the remnants of the One Piece OT. I accept all challengers in Smash Ultimate to take me on and get a beat down by yours truly. So come on out to whenever the scuffle is held. and I will personally see to it that you taste a humiliating defeat in a game I haven't even played yet.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I post now is it safe to post?

Ok but why Vivi
The most recent Vivre Card batch has her at number 13, before Gol D Roger that is 14, while the straw hats from Luffy to Jinbe are 1 to 10
The card also states she is a former Straw Hat, confirming what many thought of her which is that she is an honorary nakama.

(This also leads to #11 and #12 being open spots so let's speculate who's going to be there)

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The suggest threads for this thread are v funny

"China Rules (part one of five article piece)"
"Small Piece of credit Nintendo deserves"
"What piece of music from film brings tear to your eyes ever tim?"

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The most recent Vivre Card batch has her at number 13, before Gol D Roger that is 14, while the straw hats from Luffy to Jinbe are 1 to 10
The card also states she is a former Straw Hat, confirming what many thought of her which is that she is an honorary nakama.

(This also leads to #11 and #12 being open spots so let's speculate who's going to be there)
Carrot and Perona let's go

AgentLampshade yoooo

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I saw someone, can't remember if it was here or not, suggest Zeus for #12 and... maybe I guess? He is basically going to be Nami's weapon for the foreseeable future

Oct 26, 2017
At first I thought, "Isn't it kinda wrong to use the banner from the official YouTube channel?", but then I realized we use a lot of Oda's art without permission anyway. >.>

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
So what are people's thoughts here about Vivi's recanonization as a Strawhat? It was never blantantly clear in the manga but the vivre card confirms she was aan official member as well as Oda's new art...makes me think we're getting her back with the band very soon.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ri1ezK7m.jpg

Since I can use the website now I shall now officially reply. Add me to the list! I would also like to issue a decree right ehre and now for the remnants of the One Piece OT. I accept all challengers in Smash Ultimate to take me on and get a beat down by yours truly. So come on out to whenever the scuffle is held. and I will personally see to it that you taste a humiliating defeat in a game I haven't even played yet.
Well I already kinda counted you anyway since you're among the ones I've already talked about this with lol. Along with Red Fire who's the reason we're doing this in the first place lol (showdown set in stone since E3)
And Blackleg-sanji1 if he got his Switch back from the red demons who stole it or whatever
So what are people's thoughts here about Vivi's recanonization as a Strawhat? It was never blantantly clear in the manga but the vivre card confirms she was aan official member as well as Oda's new art...makes me think we're getting her back with the band very soon.
In my heart she's been a SH the whole time.
My heart has been made canon.
How do you think I'd feel?!
AGse2iLm.jpg

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the X should mean she's nakama which should basically count as crewmates I think

actually 12 should be bon clay

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
An okama would really spruce things up I'd love if Bon Clay would join. In fact I'd love it if the last few members are similar to Vivi and Jinbe (assuming Vivi is coming back) are pre-established characters like that with known histories.

The problem with Bon Clay is Franky's voice actor to be fair, though. Two characters that sound the same would be so odd on the crew. However you know Oda is eventually going to have them meet in some way anyway lol.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Franky and Bon Clay share the same VA? Weird, you'd assume Toei would give the both of them a distinct voice since they're prominent characters in the series. Guess they had to cut costs somewhere.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
Franky and Bon Clay share the same VA? Weird, you'd assume Toei would give the both of them a distinct voice since they're prominent characters in the series. Guess they had to cut costs somewhere.

They never appear on screen together and the seiyuu kills it in both rolls so I think it's fine.

Like he was so good as Bon Clay I think it's great that he got made a regular crew member voicing another character

Oct 25, 2017
Franky was created because Oda loved Kazuki Yao's performance as Bon Clay so much.
Plus, Bon Clay is trapped deep in Impel Down so unless Luffy goes back, I don't see him coming back into the story.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
ri1ezK7m.jpg

Well I already kinda counted you anyway since you're among the ones I've already talked about this with lol. Along with Red Fire who's the reason we're doing this in the first place lol (showdown set in stone since E3)
And Blackleg-sanji1 if he got his Switch back from the red demons who stole it or whatever
yea I figured you remembered I wanted in hahah. I just wanted to make a decree that I would beat down all challengers to my non existent throne. Would also like to remind the thread that if we actually get a tourney or exhibition thing set up. I'll buy the winner a copy of One Piece film gold. Or that other One Piece movie Funi just got around to localizing, think it was called 3D2Y. So if any one in the thread is getting smash and wants to play online they should join us! You could potentially get something for nothing by joining this event!

Also off topic but I finally got to chapter 50 of Dr. Stone. Will post my full thoughts in the OT later but before that. Damn Silfer that series just keeps getting more and more fun!

I think they did it in the spirit of Oda who cuts costs by making all the princesses look the same. You'd think they wouldn't cut custs and corners like that but hey it's life.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird to think of it as cutting costs since by the time Franky had been introduced the actor hadn't done voice work for the show for years lol

Also it's not the only example of seiyuus overlapping in the show. I think all the straw hats have multiple credits. Especially recently when half the cast has been missing for the last 2-3 years of the show. The ones not involved in the current arc make cameos in other roles

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also off topic but I finally got to chapter 50 of Dr. Stone.
AUe8fAkm.jpg

This please me greatly cause it means you've seen that trio of chapters culminating in Chapter 44 which is legit the manga chapter that impacted me the most this year. Dr. Stone on top of being very fun is incredibly beautiful, emotional and inspirational and those chapters reaffirmed that for me like none other before them.
Will post my full thoughts in the OT later but before that. Damn Silfer that series just keeps getting more and more fun!
Looking forward to it! And yeah it does. (Right this very second, Dr. Stone is actually my favorite manga in Jump)

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I also had a cool thought the other day about the voice casting of Joy Boy whenever that happens. Wouldn't it be awesome if Masako Nozawa voiced him in the Japanese version as a nod towards Goku? Especially if Joy Boy turns out to be Luffy's predecessor as often theorized.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the alerts are totally borked on the site, and the UI is too foreign to navigate effectively. Keep thinking quoted posts are my own.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I also had a cool thought the other day about the voice casting of Joy Boy whenever that happens. Wouldn't it be awesome if Masako Nozawa voiced him in the Japanese version as a nod towards Goku? Especially if Joy Boy turns out to be Luffy's predecessor as often theorized.
That reminds me. We'll be seeing Nozawa return quite soon with Kureha at the Reverie.

Status
Not open for further replies.