• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
521108857012092938.png

best strawhat. prove me wrong cmon

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
The Oniwabanshu are ALL about that smoke, damn.

There are so many threads in this chapter that I know I'm missing for going obvious but I'm thinking at some point, Robin's gonna do some body double things to help Komurasaki out and vice versa.

Orochi's DF tho, yooooooooooo

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Komurasaki said she's daughter of a samurai, I'm betting she's oden's daughter kozuki hiyori

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Love the design of Orochi's Zoan form. I know it doesn't look as menacing, but it's very much like the dragons from festivals.
dsc03645.jpg

I'm honestly confused with Orochi. His design screams Spandem, but so far he's being contrasted with his subordinates, who are incompetent. Everything he said was spot on. I'm pretty hype with Kyoushiro as we're going to find out what he's about.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- So there you have it, Komurasaki is clearly the masked woman we've been seeing throughout the arc. Glad to see that it was an actual character, and not some weird meta thing. Maybe its setting up a reveal later down the road that the events of the arc itself is being told as a story to people.

- I didn't expect the mask to have a deeper meaning to it. Could just be that the song itself makes her cry for some reason, and she uses the mask to hide her tears.

- Kudos to those that called her being clever enough to use a clone beforehand, it made for a really dope panel seeing half of her body disappear.

- These ninja are so cool. Hope they live up to the slight hype Shinobu's given them.

- I didn't expect Nami, Shinobu, and Brook to be assisting Robin here, so that was a fun surprise.

- I don't know how Robin still expects to pull off her mission, but I'm all for this Robin focus in general, so... good luck.

- Kyoshiro truly is one of my favorite new characters this arc. We already knew he had a relationship of some kind with Komurasaki (I guess he owns the brothel?), but I didn't expect him to defend a prostitute, or be all about that family life regarding his Yazuka underlings.

- They can call Orochi delusional all they want, but he is hilariously spot-on about everything.

- As we see Orochi hype up the Red Scabbards and Kinemon, friendly reminder that we haven't actually ever seen Kinemon go all out. Actually, given the way he goes on about Kinemon, perhaps they'll fight.

- I like the detail that Kyoshiro is the only one to actually say anything aloud while Orochi rambles on about the prophecy.

- The slap heard around the world. Nice.

- Thank GOD for Orochi's Zoan form, as that dude is so damn ugly otherwise. Looks appropriately huge, menacing, but with a dash of derpiness from a few of the heads.

- I like how every chapter Orochi gets some focus, there'll be like one or two things highly implying he's pretty weak (his men laughing at him, shamelessly trying to cut down a child), but in the same chapter there's that one thing that makes it not yet 100% confirmed. (His Zoan form, him being completely right about Kinemon's plans) I'll do him the courtesy of waiting to see what he can do in his Zoan form before making a final judgment. Well, assuming we get to see anything cool from it next chapter.

- Komurasaki gets an ellipses reaction to the idea of Momo still being alive, and later on states that she's the "daughter of a samurai". Signs continue to point heavily towards her being Hiyori, it's like 97% confirmed at this point. But... I'm actually still a little skeptical, especially given how she's acted towards Orochi this chapter.

- In this week's Kyoshiro Alert: The man is apparently itching to dive into the current chaos, shown by him clutching his sword. He even gets to end the chapter on a cliffhanger. Will we finally get a grasp of how strong he is? Stay tuned to find out!

- That said, I find it odd that Kyoshiro is getting involved. The ninjas work for Orochi, and they've discovered Robin. Orochi just transformed and has cornered Komurasaki. He's not really needed here. So... who the hell is he aiming to strike down?

Oct 26, 2017
Bruh, this chapter was hype as hell.

The fox mask lady wasn't just random?! It was actually Komurasaki? I never woud have expected that but it leads to so many questions. She also admits to being the daugher of a samurai. Is she Lord Oden's child? I feel like it can't be that simple. Also damn, that slap had no hesitation.

Robin fucking played everyone with that clone of hers. Glad Oda didn't screw her over and instead showed off her abilities, both DF and non. I wonder if the 11 ninja are the all in Orochi's employ. Robin did mention they were what she saw in the castle only. It's also nice to see her having back up with Nami, Shinobu, and Brook. I wonder if we're about to see some fights from them.

It's fucking crazy how spot on Orochi is about everything. Everyone takes him for a fool yet here he is, not underestimating any part of the situation. He's almost a subversion of Spandam in that regard. And damn, does his Zoan form look good, especially in contrast to his normal design. I'm curious as to how powerful he personally is or if it's mainly for show.

Kyoshiro is pretty interesting. His honor leading him to defend prostitutes feels like a set-up for something else.

Of course O-Tako couldn't keep from laughing. I do wonder if she partially influenced everyone into almost laughing or not. Kyoshiro's introduction already showed that people would laugh about Orochi's claims in private but we also know O-Tako makes everyone around her laugh unlike the other people from Ebisu.

That was a real good chapter and I'm glad it focused on a whole different group than we're used to.

Edit: Also forgot one major thing.

Apparently spirits are a fucking thing now. Orochi's comments about stomping them out with a large force were ominous. I wonder if we've already encountered one like that weird animal O-Tama befriended. Where are they now?

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Damn my boy Orochi getting ridiculed by those goons while displaying way higher intellect. Orochi and Vegapunk top 2 smartest in the verse.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i want orochi to get slapped in every one of his ugly faces

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Loved this chapter more than last weeks despite those sweet Sanji moments. Great stuff for Robin, Komurosaki and Orochi. Kyoshiro still being cool and mysterious as hell. Really looking forward to find out more about that guy.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
it's been too long since we had all the strawhats in the same place....it feels like coming home

Oct 27, 2017
What a good chapter Robin outchea like its a spy movie, Komurasaki is a good person after all that's nice to see I like how she gave the Shogun himself hands for the kid.

Hope Robin is on her own a lil longer before the others bail her out

Also yeah I love Kyoshiro too such a cool dude

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The ninjas got out-ninjaed!

That was so good, especially when they wondered if she was a ninja too. I actually would love to see how Raizou stacks up to them.

Apparently spirits are a fucking thing now. Orochi's comments about stomping them out with a large force were ominous. I wonder if we've already encountered one like that weird animal O-Tama befriended. Where are they now?

Huh, isn't that just him preparing to talk about Kinemon and co.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
So Komurasaki is totally Momonosuke's sis right? Feeling like that's almost too obvious but then again she's gotta be someone important so she fits the bill to me.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
1. There is no reason for Kiku to reveal Tama's identity.
2. Momo thinks his sister is in her twenties. He's not looking for a younger girl.
3. No reason for retainers to think Hiyori is young. They, like Momo expect her to be older.
4. Tama mentioned with certainty that the Kozuki clan woud be back.
5. Tama did not address Momo with honorifics. Seems strange that someone who is part of the Kozuki clan, would not address Momo with honorifics.
6. Suspicious that there is one retainer who did not travel in time and it so happens to be that there is an older man taking care of Tama.
7. The Hiyori = Komurasaki is just way too obvious.
8. I would find it kind of sad that Momo essentially would no longer have his younger sister if Hiyori was in her 20s. The relationship would no longer be that of a older brother - little sister relationship. Yes she would still be his little sister, but obviously maturity changes that relationship dynamic.
9. Makes no sense to not send Hiyori into the future in some form. 4 years of anonymity is video game medium mode. 20 years of anonymity is insane mode.
10. The Momotaro story having kibidango to tame beasts thing is too much of a coincidence for me

Don't @ me

Who is with me? You can @ me if you are. We might be the flat earth theorists of the OP thread, but, well, yeah. We might be the flat earth theorists.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
I forgot to add that it's a bit of a coincidence that Oda brought attention to the fact that she did not use honorifics when addressing Momo. She's also the same age as Momo (8 years old). What's odd is that Ace told her "you're 5 years old aren't you?" yet it was 4 years prior to the present. Meaning that she should be 9 years old in the present, but she was specifically said to be 8 years old (birthday) when she gave her food to Luffy.

It fits in if she traveled 16 years into the future, met Ace, lived life, and turned 8 years old when Luffy came to Wano.

Where are my fellow flat earthers at?

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
lol all of them mock and laugh at him yet the shogun is right about it all, his yamata looks pretty good too.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I like Orochi's design in his dragon form, he's probably past his prime since Oden's death but i wonder how strong he is.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I've always generally liked closed-eyes -that-only-open-when-serious characters, and Kyoshirou seems no exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.