• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thumbs up and the wink in the last panel is just killing me

TNyxgFQ.png

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really dont think the Big Mom as ally thing will go that smoothly as people are expecting. I mean do you guys really think Luffy will accept help from someone he's declared he's going to defeat?
Yeah, things will for sure take a turn.

This chapter was really good. It feels like a while since all the straw hats got to pull their own weight like this.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I really dont think the Big Mom as ally thing will go that smoothly as people are expecting. I mean do you guys really think Luffy will accept help from someone he's declared he's going to defeat?
I mean, he teamed up with Whitebeard after telling him he'll be Pirate King. Not exactly the same, but Luffy accepts help from past foes quite often.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see Big Mom being buds with the straw hats until the attack. Once Luffy is freed and in general more shit is going down she may fight against them or at least not be buddy buddy with them anymore.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, he teamed up with Whitebeard after telling him he'll be Pirate King. Not exactly the same, but Luffy accepts help from past foes quite often.
Well the difference here is that Luffy was willing to fight Whitebeard if he had to get to Ace, but Ace was family to both of them so yeah. There isnt anything like that between Big Mom AND Luffy. Maybe if Blackbeard kidnapped Pudding?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
it is all a ruse by Big Mom

pretend she has amnesia, then get close to the straw hats

it isn't like she is in danger fooling people, she is a Yonko

they'll lead her straight to Luffy

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Luffy team up with Croc and in a way CC .
If the need comes up he will do the same with BM maybe not for the fight with Kaido but other stuff .
Still seeing him reacting to the way she is now going to be funny.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Another topic popped into my mind.

Monet's death isn't directly shown but strongly implied, but off panel deaths generally mean someone is alive. On the counter end, because her heart was stabbed and the place exploded one can also just assume she died and Oda didn't want to show it directly.

So theory time. Is she alive or dead?

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Nah it happened in Fishman Island at the very least.

Really? I thought he had the big superstar fame in FI, and the fish people were cool with him.

it is all a ruse by Big Mom

pretend she has amnesia, then get close to the straw hats

it isn't like she is in danger fooling people, she is a Yonko

they'll lead her straight to Luffy

I thought this last chapter, not anymore lol that final panel killed the theory for me.

Oct 26, 2017
Them: "I can't believe Oda really killed off Komurasaki. Holy shit, guys!"

Me: "Here we go again."

Yeah, a lot of surprising developments in the chapter that caught me off-guard.

- Biggest surprise: Komurasaki's "death" and Kyoshiro being the one to do it. #1 rule of One Piece - assume everyone is alive until proven dead.
There was some discussion about where Kyoshiro's loyalty lies. At the moment, he seems to be 100% with the shogun. At least that's what I thought until he picked up the Kozuki clan symbol that Komurasaki dropped.
- Enel is back, but not in the way we expected him to return. lol
- It's confirmed that Orochi ate the Snake Snake Fruit, Model: Yamata no Orochi. Oda could have gone either way with this since the Yamata no Orochi from the legend was commonly described as a giant snake. Snakes are also commonly considered descendants of dragons, so like I said, either way would have worked fine.
- I was already familiar with the Starving Skeleton yokai so I caught that reference. +10 points for me. :P
- Heavily implied that Orochi might have really loved Komurasaki.
- Robin, Nami, and Shinobu putting it mad work! RIP Hanzo's balls tho
- Big Mom.....okay. For the time being, easily manipulated child-minded Big Mom isn't something I'm fond of, despite the thematic correlation to her childhood and how her memories are deeply connected to her trauma.
Chopper and the gang have convinced her to come with them to Udon where Luffy is. I'm okay with this development because I know Luffy will freak out if Big Mom, of all people, is the one that saves him from prison.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Some Katsucon goodness (high res photo dump incoming):

tumblr_pn051gLpTJ1w1thsvo2_540.jpg

If any of y'all want to marry Perona (this is a whole series of different OP ladies)

tumblr_pn051gLpTJ1w1thsvo6_540.jpg

Or if you're into expensive princesses (these are about $140 a piece)

tumblr_pn0591ANxn1w1thsvo1_540.jpg

tumblr_pn0591ANxn1w1thsvo2_540.jpg

This amateur told me he didn't even split his jaw open for this cosplay (I also took it right when he blinked).

tumblr_pn0591ANxn1w1thsvo3_540.jpg

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Robin will finally get her own companion in Toko. Thought it might be Komurasaki, but yea...

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
A lot of interesting developments in this one. Wonder which of the...'supernovas' did you call them? Which of them Blackbeard just defeated.

Gold Buddha and Garp retiring. Interesting. The world government makes a rare appearance. Coby has a haki but not like Luffy's.

Would you count Zoro as Luffy's first mate?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
A lot of interesting developments in this one. Wonder which of the...'supernovas' did you call them? Which of them Blackbeard just defeated.

Gold Buddha and Garp retiring. Interesting. The world government makes a rare appearance. Coby has a haki but not like Luffy's.

I always saw him as the closest thing to that, yeah. Not really an official title, but he's a notch above the others imo. Immediately after him would come Sanji in the decision-making if needed.

Actually, the OP Official Magazine has referred to him as "vice-captain", while Sanji received the title of "chief of staff" or something among those lines. Sure, they're really not very important in practice and it's not in the manga per se, but it's there.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I always saw him as the closest thing to that, yeah. Not really an official title, but he's a notch above the others imo. Immediately after him would come Sanji in the decision-making if needed.

Actually, the OP Official Magazine has referred to him as "vice-captain", while Sanji received the title of "chief of staff" or something among those lines. Sure, they're really not very important in practice and it's not in the manga per se, but it's there.
Sanji next, really? I thought it would be Nami.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Sanji next, really? I thought it would be Nami.
Yeah, I get you, but I think it ultimately makes sense if we judge the responsibilities they occasionally take on.

From a IP's public image, she's definitely more important or consequential than Sanji, seeing as she's the main female character and Luffy's the male one.

But when it comes to in-universe dilemmas, Sanji, seeing as he's strong and smart enough, would be above her when the situation is needed, I feel. Can't really say much so as not to spoil, but there are small situations in which he's shown as that throughout all of the manga.

I guess that it all ultimately comes down to one's capability and, while OP isn't purely about fights, they're definitely important seeing the constant confrontations the SH get in and the already dangerous nature of the world.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's everyone's take on time travel in One Piece at the moment? I know I'm late, but this is a entirely new dynamic for the series.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
What's everyone's take on time travel in One Piece at the moment? I know I'm late, but this is a entirely new dynamic for the series.
It was foreshadowed really well and doesn't change the main plot in a stupid way. For a series not based on the premise, this is as involved in the subject as I want it to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Loool KoL is so salty about Nami having Zeus
I think it is a pretty neat power up for her without it being crazy. I can imagine her doing some amazing stuff with Zeus deeper into her pirate career.

All she needs is that 'Weather Witch' title!

Yeah, Zoro is the first mate.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I think this was a ingenious way of Oda to give her a power up. She earned it fair (unfair :p) and square even!
It was foreshadowed really well and doesn't change the main plot in a stupid way. For a series not based on the premise, this is as involved in the subject as I want it to be.
I kinda agree? I admit I have a thing against time travel even if Cell saga is my favorite arc it's just it can lead to so much confusion and rewriting history. I want character's deaths to remain that way.

So being that, so far it's done with a only once in a life time chance and into the future instead of the past...yeah it's done pretty well.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think this was a ingenious way of Oda to give her a power up. She earned it fair (unfair :p) and square even!
Right? Nami did the damn thing in Whole Cake. She deserves it.

Yeah I don't get what he hates about it, I think it fits. Its perfect that Nami stole her next power-up.
Yep, it even fits part of her character! It was well done. Maybe it is because it involves a Yonkou and he doesn't like Nami's stuff coming at her expense.

Manga and anime reactor. He has some of the best reaction vids around. His Toriko vids were so enjoyable.

Granted, now they are filled with that Twitch stuff (ARABIAN NIGHTTTT!!!) and it makes watching reactions annoying but yeah.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Right? Nami did the damn thing in Whole Cake. She deserves it.

Yep, it even fits part of her character! It was well done. Maybe it is because it involves a Yonkou and he doesn't like Nami's stuff coming at her expense.

Manga and anime reactor. He has some of the best reaction vids around. His Toriko vids were so enjoyable.

Granted, now they are filled with that Twitch stuff (ARABIAN NIGHTTTT!!!) and it makes watching reactions annoying but yeah.
Oh I see! I admit I kinda live under a rock and just read One Piece and most people I know don't like it and it makes me sad. :p

That's cool he likes Toriko, though. Toriko is one of my favorites of all time. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.