• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Damn Sawyer7mage really went all out MRA apologist huh. Didn't care much for his reviews in general, but surprising to me
All it took was me looking at the thumbnail and title for me to decide not to watch it. That's a shame if he's spouting MRA speech.
I always thought Sawyer was a pretty levelheaded guy. Although, I've been slowly becoming less interested in watching his videos because they were getting kinda stale and the format was losing me. It didn't help that his humor always felt forced and predictable.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I understand it all, this discussion isn't exactly new, heard it all and then some since the 2nd half of WCI.

I'm just fighting the sentiment that BM shouldn't really be allowed to "look bad" or be placed in certain scenarios just because she's a Yonko. I don't agree with that at all. Same with it not being in a "charming One Piece way", that's entirely subjective. Like you brought up Zeus, I recall a lot of people being furious that Oda would dare to have her fall off of Zeus back in WCI. Meanwhile I was thinking that was hilarious, a classic OP moment, and loved that Yonko aren't excluded from looking silly. Or when the crew fights her, literally everything about that clash can be sufficiently explained, but no, to some it's unacceptable to have them pose any challenge at all. Or you saying she needed to be rescued.. even though Zeus is her own weapon. Even the most controversial thing, the amnesia, has unsurprisingly led to some charming and hilarious moments. Different tastes and all that.

It happening in "little time" means little. Kaido himself is set up to be defeated in the same arc he's starring in. They're both ultimately there to be embarrassed.

I'm sympathetic to any gripes regarding the amnesia due to that being a trope that's hard to execute right in general. Everything else though? We're going to have to largely agree to disagree, it's par for the course for many of the antagonists that the Straw Hats have come across.
I suppose we will as I really don't see it the way you are seeing it. That said, I do actually enjoy the fact you and I just had a very respectable conversation despite the clashing of views. That makes me happy.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Although, I've been slowly becoming less interested in watching his videos because they were getting kinda stale and the format was losing me. It didn't help that his humor always felt forced and predictable.

Thisssssssssssssssssssss

Yoooooooooo the mad men they did it they gave shikadai some wind Jutsu

Oh shit, bout to watch this then.

I suppose we will as I really don't see it the way you are seeing it. That said, I do actually enjoy the fact you and I just had a very respectable conversation despite the clashing of views. That makes me happy.

Agreed! Hopefully when all is said and done, everyone can be pleased with BM and her crew overall.

EDIT:

Oh while we on the subject of Youtubers, Joy Boy's stance on the whole Vic thing got me like hmm.....

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's see what predictions ended up being right/wrong!

37. Starting with Ch. 930, Zoro will take no "Ls" - Law

Law, seeing as how Zoro lost his sword, that is a clear "L"!

43. Zoro will lose a sword - TheGreatDirector

TheGreatDirector, you were correct!

78. Katakuri will not come to Wano - TheTyrant

TheTyrant, you were correct!

----

If you guys have any new predictions to make for the rest of the arc, feel free to say them!

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Captain Marvel was some fun.

This was me during the movie:

42021.jpg

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel my expectations are unrealistic. I think there is a certain point you aren't understanding that myself and others have. It's not that Big Mom isn't strong, she has shown feats. It's that there's plenty of other things that bring it down and that make her look bad. She's suppose to be stronger than an admiral because she was able to contend with Whitebeard and keep her domain in check essentially (4 Yonko system).

To me Oda has undermined her power with other showings that make her look to be a fool, and not in a charming One Piece way but a way that I feel damages my perception of the character and that in turn bothers me because I wanted one of the very few female characters that are in the top tiers to have a better showing overall. She doesn't need to be Kaido to please me but she shouldn't be getting one upped so much in so little time either.

When was it said that she was suppose to be stronger than any admiral ?
The groups suppose to be equal even if i think warlords are the weakest .
Also she keeping her domain in check don't mean she was able contend with WB .
I mean we know that WB was not sort pirate to go attacking places for no reason and could have been PK if he wanted to .
Plus none of the yonko look like they wanted to attack each other and leave them self open .
Her knowing Kaido could be another reason why they have never attack each other outright .

Truth is i can understand you wanted her to get better showing but first half of your post show you put stuff in your head that was not even hinting in the manga .

Last edited:

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Oh while we on the subject of Youtubers, Joy Boy's stance on the whole Vic thing got me like hmm.....
I don't follow him on youtube so I don't know if he made a video on it, but I saw a twitter post he made about a couple of weeks ago and that was....interesting

Let's see what predictions ended up being right/wrong!

TheTyrant, you were correct!

----

If you guys have any new predictions to make for the rest of the arc, feel free to say them!
Daaaamn I got one. I have another one....King's bounty will be 1.33

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Side note at least the debate of high ranking marines members might have CoC is done .
Since we know that at least Sengoku has it , so it won't be a surprise if some others also have it .

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Vol 62
Not a bad start. A bit slow and confusing to begin with. It's taken me a while to get used to how busy the panels are. Luffy saying he hates Shirahoshi and then laughing about it was hilarious. The lusting after the mermaids is tiresome. The scene where Hody spears the ship and Van Decker volleys the castle with human pirates was freakish and cool. Looking forward to seeing Jimbei again.

Oct 27, 2017
Vol 62
Not a bad start. A bit slow and confusing to begin with. It's taken me a while to get used to how busy the panels are. Luffy saying he hates Shirahoshi and then laughing about it was hilarious. The lusting after the mermaids is tiresome. The scene where Hody spears the ship and Van Decker volleys the castle with human pirates was freakish and cool. Looking forward to seeing Jimbei again.

Van Decker is one creepy dude and his power was pretty terrifying, man had no chill

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
So how is that winter future island that Drake beat up Scotch on going to come into play? It was Kaido's island, but doesn't seem like it's part of Wano.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Others can probably answer it better as I haven't followed the game too much, but it is its own contained story. But it does however feature characters, story info and moves that you won't see for many hundreds of episodes. So the game is spoiler heavy
Ah gotcha, I'll hold back then, I figured it will expect me to know the straw hat pirates at least...I won't risk it!

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Wonder Gifters on Wano that have Horrible Body is First Group that eat SMILE ?

Compare to Two Gifters that appear on Zou. They Body look normal.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Truth is i can understand you wanted her to get better showing but first half of your post show you put stuff in your head that was not even hinting in the manga .
Hardly. Yonko are clearly stronger if not then they would send Admirals to take them out. We seen what a half dead, old as hell Whitebeard can do to Akainu. Aokiji is working under Blackbeard as well (for spy reasons) but even still.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Hardly. Yonko are clearly stronger if not then they would send Admirals to take them out. We seen what a half dead, old as hell Whitebeard can do to Akainu. Aokiji is working under Blackbeard as well (for spy reasons) but even still.

We also saw what Akainu did to him.
Yeah WB get good knock on him but he up and about short while later kicking ass .
Plus you just can't send admirals into Yonko turf since they have deal with thousand of pirates on there home turf and what ever else.
So it just not as simple as as you making it to be.
Just look at this arc to see number of people luffy group gathering to fight one and they sneak into country .
Where as the marines have to look over the whole world and can't leave there self to unprotected .
There is a reason they wanted WB to come to them during the war arc where they had every advantage.

I also should note that people forget that Grap who took on both WB and Roger to draws was there but did not want to get to into because of Ace.

Last edited:

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Damn Sawyer7mage really went all out MRA apologist huh. Didn't care much for his reviews in general, but surprising to me

I made the mistake of actually watching part of that C.Marvel video he did, I had to clock out when he already went "I can see both sides" over Brie Larson feeling uncomfortable that a TSA agent started hitting on her, talking about how stressful it must be for a guy to hit on a woman like that.

I'm no entirely too surprised though, with most YT anime reviewers I kinda hold the view that 'If they were open about their politics, I'd probably hate knowing".

Law

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Law is going to get a W in this arc, because if I'm not mistaken Vergo was the last victory he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.