• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't care about the Wano natives, this gonna be a rough arc for ya lol

the whole enslaved country sob story which just feels like a retread at this point. I defended oda back in dressrosa when people said he recycled alabasta but now it really feels like more of the same shit.

But like, we knew they were oppressed since Zou, not really sure what you expected from a territory belonging to a Yonko Luffy has to take down.

Kaido's crew is also a major dissapointment. Oda keeps introducing these headliners with the exact same character gimmick and personality only to make them get one-shotted or offscreened by the straw hats.

Who is beating them up? Luffy. Why should Oda pretend that the gap between Luffy and these grunts is anything but massive post-WCI.

Other than that, there's just been Page One (as well as Hawkins and Drake, though nobody wants to count them lol). I can see the disappointment for the conclusion being off-screened, but seeing as how there's at least 5 more enemies just like him, and it was to hype up the raid suit a little, I'm fine with it.

but that's why I like them. lol
--
By the way, where's Sanic? Oda, we need a hedgehog man now...

Sanicman?

Of course the flying six were off screen sanji was involved god forbid he look fucking good on screen and FINISHES A FIGHT!

This will make you happy:
mu9ui9X.gif

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not over zoro fans making a fuss over that. Dude literally one shoting wano cats while dodging another wano cat with a fatal wano wound on screen!.....what are you complaining about

The hilarious part is that they went right back to stanning for him again last chapter with saying that Zoro unlocked Haki before Luffy back in Alabasta

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Luffy once again stating that he feels like he needs to beat ALL the emperors raises the question of what the eventual meeting between Luffy and Shanks will be like

Oct 26, 2017
On the chapter, I thought it was alright. Barto being a jerk to children on the cover is hilarious.
Bungo, Bongo, and Bingo and their respective sfx made me lol. It's so stupid.
I was expecting the Tonayasu angle to go into a more sinister direction, but I like that he's genuinely a nice guy...and Toko's father(!)
But he sold her off?? Wtf, man?

Ryuuou is basically the force and Hyo is Yoda. lol
And I can't believe Caribou is the 11th crewmember! What a subversion. Someone add him to the banner.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With the prison's layout being revealed, I wonder if Killer is in one of the other buildings.

Luffy once again stating that he feels like he needs to beat ALL the emperors raises the question of what the eventual meeting between Luffy and Shanks will be like

Also makes me wonder how this Big Mom stuff will end

Caribou's entire character is based around the fact that he knows Shirahoshi is Poseidon and that he wants to sell the information to "that guy". Outside of that, he's just the new Caesar/butt monkey of the arc.

Huh, that's not what his entire character is based around... Though yes, that is his current value to the overarching story outside of this arc.

I do like how between his cover story and Luffy's somewhat good judge of character, it kinda spells out that he'll likely being mostly loyal during this arc. Then again, he doesn't have a choice I suppose.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Saw a tweet that pointed out that the translation note for Ryuuou as "flowing sakura" could relate to the dramatic sakura petals floating in the panels when Kyoshiro cut Komurosaki and Ashura Douji cut Jack

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
If you don't care about the Wano natives, this gonna be a rough arc for ya lol

But like, we knew they were oppressed since Zou, not really sure what you expected from a territory belonging to a Yonko Luffy has to take down.

I'm enjoying the arc.Just not as much as i hoped i would be

I knew the arc would have a similar story but i would have wanted a little bit more depth.So far we have 0 idea why kaido and orochi are doing all that and the situation is just too one dimensional for me to be invested.When kaido's goons are kicking around old people or children and throwing their food to the ground while laughing like maniacs for no reason i just find it hard to care.Kaido could literally kill every single citizen in wano next chapter and i really dont think i will be that upset because the situation is so one dimensional and cliche i find it hard to care that much.

I'm sure the arc will end up being great and i will grow to like it more when kaido is given a proper motivation and backstory and when oda finishes setting up the battle and introducing the characters. I dont think i will change my mind that this act 2 was just really messy with dozen characters introduced every chapter and off-screened stuff everywhere( also big mom's stupidly convenient amnesia which is probably the biggest reason for my dissapointment)

Last edited:

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Act 2 has been good so far, but yeah that Big Mom amnesia thing is still bad. We'll see how that plotline ends up

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Ryuuou is basically the force and Hyo is Yoda. lol
the very same

I'm sure the arc will end up being great and i will grow to like it more when kaido is given a proper motivation and backstory and when oda finishes setting up the battle and introducing the characters. I dont think i will change my mind that this act 2 was just really messy with dozen characters introduced every chapter and off-screened stuff everywhere( also big mom's stupidly convenient amnesia which is probably the biggest reason for my dissapointment)
for me, it's just the opposite, I love the new characters, I have no problems with Sanji Off-screened and BM losing the memory has been one of the most unexpected and entertaining things of all this Arc for now.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I knew the arc would have a similar story but i would have wanted a little bit more depth. So far we have 0 idea why kaido and orochi are doing all that and the situation is just too one dimensional for me to be invested.

I mean, we've been getting that depth with each chapter. Seemingly more than any other arc, there's a bigger focus on the natives and how they deal with their respective plight, with this chapter focusing on Yasu and Ebisu Town yet again. The addition of time travel also created an interesting wrinkle where characters like Shutenmaru completely lost hope due to the long wait.

As for Kaido and Orochi, doing all what exactly? They've been in control for 20 years.

When kaido's goons are kicking around old people or children and throwing their food to the ground while laughing like maniacs for no reason i just find it hard to care

Uh, that never happened lol

And they had a reason for the food thing. It was explained that the Yakuza strong-arm people into paying for their "protection". Sanji did not do that, hence why they had beef with him selling soba in the capital and starting messing with his shop and customers. You have to play by their rules.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i mean Oda doesn't really introduce most of his main antagonists as being sympathetic at all in the start, the fleshing out of their characters tend to happen more towards the middle and end of the arcs if he's going to do it, or even after the arc in the case of Crocodile for example

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
yo I swear nsesn be making the most outrageous claims just to get a reaction or something.

there's no way dawg, no fucking way 😂

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
yeah i don't see how her specifically targeting people of questionable morals and bilching all their cash from them makes her looks worse than if she just did it to anybody, she was also probably so expensive that anyone without significant cash reserves couldn't possibly afford to even have one session with her too, so it's not like she was targeting poor people either

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Been saying this for years but he's going to say his by throwing the strongest punch he has at him.

Anyway solid new chapter we continuing to get more and more info and context on Wano and the people in it. Pretty sure we are getting close to the end of act 2 as well. My gut says we have 8 more chapters left in it at most.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
She knowing that those men do this type of thing to give her money and still accepting
yeah i don't see how her specifically targeting people of questionable morals and bilching all their cash from them makes her looks worse than if she just did it to anybody, she was also probably so expensive that anyone without significant cash reserves couldn't possibly afford to even have one session with her too, so it's not like she was targeting poor people either
She indirectly benefited from innocents misfortunes, that is what I mean

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
She knowing that those men do this type of thing to give her money and still accepting

She indirectly benefited from innocents misfortunes, that is what I mean
I mean....she was a courtesan so the majority of that money probably went to Kyoshiro or whoever her boss was. And where do you think the money that Toko sent back to her dad came from?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean....she was a courtesan so the majority of that money probably went to Kyoshiro or whoever her boss was. And where do you think the money that Toko sent back to her dad came from?
Still doesnt excuse her in my eyes, unless she somehow helps the victims of these people she gets money
Also from what I understand Toko's dad helps the people from his own volition but maybe there is something more in that story

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
bingo bungo and bango would still do those heinous things, so idk why should she reject the money.

also, do you people know if we can mod Zoro into Sekiro?

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hiyori is basically Robin hood dude

I would say she's a literal Saint but she selflessly threw her life away to protect the innocent child of the literal Saint

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
We still have a lot to learn about Kyoshiro as well so we actually don't know what the money was even being used for

Status
Not open for further replies.