• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
I can already sense that I will cave in and read the spoilers for the next chapter the instance they are out.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Man, RE2 is so fun, tense and has such good controls. And I still can't get over how good the visuals are. DMC5 even more so.

Capcom gods.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the interview with Oda in EtcEra.
LMAO at Oda saying when OP going to done .
Will he ever learn when it comes to that stuff .

EDIT also checking up on the interview thread on AP and some of the stuff Oda said is hilarious .

Last edited:

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Whenever OP ends (I don't see this ending in less than, say, five years), I wonder how Oda will "adapt" to his new lifestyle. His current one (and any mangaka's really) sounds unbelievably atrocious and he's lived half of his life like that.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever OP ends (I don't see this ending in less than, say, five years), I wonder how Oda will "adapt" to his new lifestyle. His current one (and any mangaka's really) sounds unbelievably atrocious and he's lived half of his life like that.
Yeah I've said it before but I don't know how someone like Oda just "turns it off" after what will likely be 30 years of serialization.

He'll likely wean himself off on shorter series/one shots.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've said it before but I don't know how someone like Oda just "turns it off" after what will likely be 30 years of serialization.

He'll likely wean himself off on shorter series/one shots.

Yeah that is what he said .
He said he is never do a long series again and he will do mostly one shots .
Still depending on how OP ends he could do some extra stuff for it ( anime wise) i guess like Toriyama .

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think he will do like Kishimoto and make a partnership. But i don't expect another action manga.

Do I need a high end pc for it?

residentevil2sysreqszidd8.jpg

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
Chopper forgot Scope the same way that Zoro forgot Ashura.

I don't think either forgot they just haven't had real fights in post skip.

Well maybe Chopper did since he doesn't even have arm point anymore it seems

Ashura definitely coming back this arc when Zoro fights someone who can actually challenge him

I predict Oda does what Toriyama did. Which is he makes 1 volume series for the rest of his career to scratch the itch.

He already confirmed as much. After One Piece it's just one-shots for him

Last edited:

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I don't expect more than a small handful of One Piece oneshots to ever come out post weekly serialization. He's fed decades of his life to this property. I doubt he will want to tell many more stories in it once he is done.

He might be forced to go the Boruto/Super route and let someone else tell stories in his world. The absence of One Piece is going to leave a black hole esque vacuum in the magazine that I don't think anything else will ever be able to fill

He doesn't seem like the type of creator to go for something like that, but I'm sure Shueisha has some say in what happens with the series post completion as well.

but this is really a cross that bridge when we get there type of situation. It's possible that the nature of One Piece's ending might not even allow for any type of continuation to be possible

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
He might be forced to go the Boruto/Super route and let someone else tell stories in his world. The absence of One Piece is going to leave a black hole esque vacuum in the magazine that I don't think anything else will ever be able to fill

He doesn't seem like the type of creator to go for something like that, but I'm sure Shueisha has some say in what happens with the series post completion as well.

but this is really a cross that bridge when we get there type of situation. It's possible that the nature of One Piece's ending might not even allow for any type of continuation to be possible
Yea I do expect a monthly series to drop very fast once the main series is over. Just so the property still has stuff it can pump out for mobile games, shows, and other shit. Fortunately I can ignore that since I doubt Oda will be to involved in it.

Honestly I feel like Shueisha will try to find a middle ground that everyone is happy with. I'm sure there is some aspect of One Piece Oda could give a fuck about. And that is where they will choose to take their future stuff.

Yah that is a scenario I didn't think about at that point they might do what they do now. Create spin offs that are pretty much related in name only to One Piece. Though I do dread the day when I find out what the real answer to this question is.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i'd really enjoy some one shots of past events, like an adventure involving the roger pirates or something

Oct 26, 2017
Just give me a monthly prequel series set in the Void Century or a spinoff set thousands of years in the future with space pirates and I'll be good.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I think Odq might go back and do some missing backstories in one shots. For example if he grazes over Crocodile he could go back and do something later

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
You know i wonder if the narrator of the series will tie into Oda's plan for the series end.

Like maybe it'll turn the events of One Piece were all being read from the account of the Strawhat Pirates in the far future.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another enjoyable episode of One Piece (though I didn't like how long it took for Katakuri to walk from one place to another lol). That Haki clash was amazing.

Also really enjoyed the additional filler regarding Smoothie. I assumed it was through absorbing water from the ocean that made her gigantic, but this is far more sinister, and makes her DF look a lot more versatile than I initially thought it would be.

Also surprised they didn't end the episode with Katakuri acknowledging him, but going further to have them clash a bit. I liked that they didn't make Katakuri take damage for no good reason with said filler and make him conveniently forget that he has CoO.

Status
Not open for further replies.