• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say what he did to Ace makes him a villain any more so than any other law enforcement officer killing a dangerous criminal does, but what he did at Ohara 100% makes him a villain in my eyes....fuck him for both still though

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
This arc feels so genuinely different from other arcs. There's times where it feels like I'm reading an entirely new manga. Oda's clearly drawing on a lot of film and literature about the period, but it's giving everything a different cadence.

Stuff like skipping ahead in time, the way the supporting cast is integrated into the plotline, etc. It's all great. I'm enjoying this arc - it's super refreshing so far.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
"Only on Orojackson would a psychopathic mass murdering marine like Akainu is put in the gray area. " - some Oro lad

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
yeah this arc feels like a stage show or a movie in some ways

Kinryu Arimoto, voice actor for Whitebeard is dead.
original.gif

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I remember how much people on oro complained about how much more focus Luffy was getting and now we're at about 6 chapters without him.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about this, for a moment I thought he was referring to Zoro or Law, but when he says he is waiting for someone I wonder if there is already an agreement with that person to meet or is it like a prophecy? because if it is the first option I do not think it applies to Zoro and Law, at the same time I find it very strange that there is a prophecy or something like that. Maybe it's like "King Arthur and the Excalibur" but with cursed Katanas.
But who do you think it is? Lotus.

I have no idea. It's also weird that he said that he can't go into town either, even with Tama being in such a critical condition.

I think the only conclusions I have that come to mind is that whoever he's waiting for, if they're in Wano, then perhaps the person in question had a falling out with Hitetsu, and he's hoping they'll come back up and make up with him. Because the way I see it, if they're in Wano, feels weird that Hitetsu wouldn't be aware of it, so I'd wonder why he couldn't just go and find them himself. (Well then again, he say he can't leave, so meh)

And the other conclusion is that they are not in Wano, or perhaps more accurately, that he doesn't know they've returned in Wano, then that would maybe help explain why he's waiting for someone. Doesn't seem to be Momo or anything, given 925. But I guess it's not impossible that he hasn't personally met Momo/Kinemon as of yet, but it looks unlikely.

Anyways, this is all from talking from a non-prophecy perspective. If I consider it being a prophecy sort of thing, then it makes it even harder to guess.

Suspects for me currently are:

- Komurasaki
- Momo/Kinemon (assumed prophecy angle)
- Zoro lol (assumed prophecy angle, his swords idk)
- Mystery Prisoner
- Kawamatsu
- Denjirou
- Hiyori

If sanji vs page one got off screened on god ima be insufferable and I apologize In advance

Tru tru

I remember how much people on oro complained about how much more focus Luffy was getting and now we're at about 6 chapters without him.

This is Reverie level at this point. Told people him being in jail was gonna be a good thing, dunno why they thought him and Kid would continue to hog all the screentime lol

grand

Oct 25, 2017
There was a panel or two this chapter where I legit didn't know if it was showing Robin or Komurasaki lol

Sibersk Esto

Oct 25, 2017
Since I doubt Page One will be out for a lot longer I wouldn't expect there to be much more to it. Will probably be interrupted by Drake or Hawkins.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
Wait can Robin clones/fleurs take hits without damaging her now?

Its not hard to see the difference between Robin and Komu

I kinda had trouble. Oda softening a lot of her more distinct features in her post skip design(her nose, her eyes and her hair texture) has been a pretty consistent criticism of mine and I feel Geisha mode is the peak of that.

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The difference is pretty easy, Robin's got two lines on her nose while Komu is only drawn with one.

At least when Oda remembers Robin's nose has lines.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Favorite Straw Hat Pirate - Usopp
Favorite Non-Straw Hat Pirate/Outlaw - Um.... Sabo I guess?
Favorite Marine - Garp
Favorite Villain: Doflamingo
Favorite Antagonist: Katakuri
Favorite Arc - Alabasta/Baroque Works. I consider everything from the time they enter the grand line to the farewell with Vivi part of this arc excluding the stop at Drum
Favorite Punch - Fuck a celestial dragon.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Favorite Straw Hat Pirate - Usopp
Favorite Non-Straw Hat Pirate/Outlaw - Um.... Sabo I guess?
Favorite Marine - Garp
Favorite Villain: Doflamingo
Favorite Antagonist: Katakuri
Favorite Arc - Alabasta/Baroque Works. I consider everything from the time they enter the grand line to the farewell with Vivi part of this arc excluding the stop at Drum
Favorite Punch - Fuck a celestial dragon.
Alabasta is so good. In my Top 3

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dialogue in the official release flowed much better imo

Yea, much better. Though the part where we suddenly swerve from Robin asking about Oni Island to commenting on Komurasaki's beauty still feels off. But I guess I fully understand it now. Orochi himself changes the subject, then one of his men states they're jealous but worry about her secret nature, with Orochi saying their worries doesn't matter anyways since she's not into them anyways.

The official release also makes it clear that the Witching Hour Boy appeared in the chapter not too long ago, whereas the other ones made it vague when he appeared. He's probably on his way to Ebisu Town right now, as expected. And apparently some think Komurasaki might be him, but this seems to shut that idea down.

Somehow the ninjas are given even more hype.

It also confirms that Kyoshiro owns the pleasure hall that Komurasaki works at.

And lastly, I'm now reminded that bedlam is a word.

Last edited:

Sibersk Esto

Oct 25, 2017
It was a good thing that was a clone because that shuriken really hit a...sensitive area

Oct 27, 2017
NOOOOOOOO

I'M BOUTTA REWATCH HIS MARINEFORD SPEECH AND CRY YALL FUCK

AND I LOVED HIS CHARACTER IN PSYCHOPASS TOO FUCK FUCK FUCK WHY

This sucks I hate it

Oct 27, 2017
Firelight told me he's doing a comp for best original DFs and I badly want to submit some of the ones I've come up with for our One Piece RPG but the ones I wanna submit ain't been introduced yet and would be spoilers if they get mentioned or picked so that's a big no :(

Firelight

Dec 14, 2018
Firelight told me he's doing a comp for best original DFs and I badly want to submit some of the ones I've come up with for our One Piece RPG but the ones I wanna submit ain't been introduced yet and would be spoilers if they get mentioned or picked so that's a big no :(
But, free ps4 if you win go for that. Plus it would only spoil it for me and we both know i would forget about it within 30 seconds anyways.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Yeah Tekking is great but his reviews are indeed crazy long. I guess when you transition from reviewing Bleach to One Piece your mind can't handle so much content to talk about.

Oct 25, 2017
Aw man, RIP Whitebeard's voice. More esophageal cancer, it's like the third major voice actor to pass away from it within the last year. Don't smoke kids.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Tekking is great but his reviews are indeed crazy long. I guess when you transition from reviewing Bleach to One Piece your mind can't handle so much content to talk about.

Like if your review's gonna be that long, I'mma need more from it than what Tekking typically provides lol

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Tell him you ate the break break fruit and you are a break man. It allows you to break anything that touches you. While at first it may seem bad since it prevents the user from using weapons or transportation by themselves. If they learn to fight with only their fists they are able to fight while. Breaking any weapon opponents try to use on them, Break all elemental attacks that touch them (except water cause duh), break chemical compositions and prevent gas attacks from working, and at a high level of mastery break the will of opponents you fight by touching them. Pretty versatile fruit that has a lot of advantages and disadvantages making it a fun thing to play around with.
It would give the users the ability of super speed. As a way to pay homage to the phrase "making a break for it". Oh and the ability to break dance because it is One Piece. And powers should stay at least a little silly.

Firelight

Dec 14, 2018
Tell him you ate the break break fruit and you are a break man. It allows you to break anything that touches you. While at first it may seem bad since it prevents the user from using weapons or transportation by themselves. If they learn to fight with only their fists they are able to fight while. Breaking any weapon opponents try to use on them, Break all elemental attacks that touch them (except water cause duh), break chemical compositions and prevent gas attacks from working, and at a high level of mastery break the will of opponents you fight by touching them. Pretty versatile fruit that has a lot of advantages and disadvantages making it a fun thing to play around with.
It would give the users the ability of super speed. As a way to pay homage to the phrase "making a break for it". Oh and the ability to break dance because it is One Piece. And powers should stay at least a little silly.
Can also use it to break their bones

Status
Not open for further replies.