• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I forget if I've filled this out so fuck it.

Favorite Straw Hat Pirate - Zoro or Robin depending on my mood.
Favorite Non-Straw Hat Pirate/Outlaw - Koala
Favorite Marine - Smoker
Favorite Villain: Crocodile
Favorite Antagonist: Basil Hawkins
Favorite Arc - Skypiea
Favorite Punch - King Punch

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ok i just had time to read it today because of KH3 but...
Well I like how Robin escaped, I like how it used her powers well and also fits the theme of ninjas.
About Komurasaki it is clear that she is momo's sister but I am still annoyed about she acts. She had no problems about ruining the lifes of that old man family but now she is ready to protect Toko? Seems a bit inconsistent.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Ok i just had time to read it today because of KH3 but...
Well I like how Robin escaped, I like how it used her powers well and also fits the theme of ninjas.
About Komurasaki it is clear that she is momo's sister but I am still annoyed about she acts. She had no problems about ruining the lifes of that old man family but now she is ready to protect Toko? Seems a bit inconsistent.
The old man was just a client while Toko is her attendant. She's going to view them much differently.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Toko's just a kid, it is a common theme in media for otherwise awful people to have a soft spot for children for whatever reason. This kid also happens to work for Komurasaki, so her actions this chapter aren't hard to read at all.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Toko's just a kid, it is a common theme in media for otherwise awful people to have a soft spot for children for whatever reason. This kid also happens to work for Komurasaki, so her actions this chapter aren't hard to read at all.
Again we don't know if the old man had a kid or not, tho some could argue that she didn't try to think about that to not feel remorse

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You're trying to complicate it when it's pretty simple.

Toko: Inoocent little kid she knows

Old man: Creepy dude she's trying to scam

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You're trying to complicate it when it's pretty simple.

Toko: Inoocent little kid she knows

Old man: Creepy dude she's trying to scam
I am not talking about the old man alone tho, he isn't innocent but his family was, also we dont know who he sold, it could be his wife, his son/daughter or even a grandchild

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Toko is her attendant, and therefore hers. Narcissistic people are very protective of what they perceive to be their property.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Toko is her attendant, and therefore hers. Narcissistic people are very protective of what they perceive to be their property.
eh the way she worded it wasn't in a 'how dare you try to hurt what's mine' it was more of a, 'come on you dick hurting kids is going too far' type of way

Oct 25, 2017
Toei: We spent a lot of time and money on that Germa sequence. We're reusing it!
Producer: But the Germa were already transformed by this point. Why would they be untransformed only to transform again?
Toei: Did I fucking stutter?! Also, add a scene where Pekoms hits Sanji, only for Pedro's voice from beyond the grave telling him to calm down.
Producer: That didn't happen in the ma-
Toei: WE DON'T HAVE MUCH OF THIS LEFT!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been a good while since we had some weird ass filler. Pekoms getting some hits in was fine, but as soon as Pedro hit Sanji, that and almost everything that followed took me out of it. Maybe someone over there hates Pekoms, cuz they really did him dirty there. Makes no sense that Germa would take off their raid suits either.

Did enjoy the background changing for a bit when they burned the ships though.

Oct 26, 2017
This episode was good. Surprised that they did that Pekoms filler. I liked it, though.
The corresponding chapter kinda rushed through the Sulong Pekoms stuff. Here, he gets some more time to shine and a touching send-off too.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This episode was good. Surprised that they did that Pekoms filler. I liked it, though.
The corresponding chapter kinda rushed through the Sulong Pekoms stuff. Here, he gets some more time to shine and a touching send-off too.

Wouldn't call that rushed, the point was him being quickly handled by his own crew because they knew the threat he posed in his Sulong form, and never let him finish transforming period. It subverted the expectation that Sulong would save the day yet again. This filler is basically seeing what would happen if he got to transform, and could control the form we literally were just told he couldn't without Pedro's help lol

Also went from an implication that he was merely blinded to an outright murder attempt lol

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't call that rushed, the point was him being quickly handled by his own crew because they knew the threat he posed in his Sulong form, and never let him finish transforming period. It subverted the expectation that Sulong would save the day yet again. This filler is basically seeing what would happen if he got to transform, and could control the form we literally were just told he couldn't without Pedro's help lol

Also went from an implication that he was merely blinded to an outright murder attempt lol

I think the general gist is still kept here. Sulong Pekoms didn't save the day.
Since Pekoms' fate is still unknown, I think this gives his character some extra moments that weren't fleshed out in the chapter.
I'm fine with changes that help enhance the experience.
It might be polarizing, but sometimes adaptations shouldn't always follow everything to the T.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the general gist is still kept here. Sulong Pekoms didn't save the day.
Since Pekoms' fate is still unknown, I think this gives his character some extra moments that weren't fleshed out in the chapter.
I'm fine with changes that help enhance the experience.
It might be polarizing, but sometimes adaptations shouldn't always follow everything to the T.

Well, it didn't enhance my experience, so we're at an impasse here lol

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Sulong Pekoms was fine. Didn't elicit much of a reaction from me either way.

And it's Go Go Germa Ranger Week next week. Hurray. At least we should get the Katakuri reaction. If there's one thing the anime does well, it's the reaction shots.

kinjx11

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Robin is always smart and 1 step ahead of everyone

Komurasaki is also smart and sneaky thanks to her beauty ( she looks like a much richer version of Robin :p )

if both girls combined their efforts they'll cause a lot of trouble for Wano

now i can see some Duos in this arc

Luffy + KID

Robin + Komurasaki ( starting from this chapter apparently )

Nami + Shinobi

and rest might get together in the coming chapters

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the reactions when everyone finds out Luffy beat Katakuri. If the alliance takes down Kaido I want like two full chapters of reactions.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017

Komurasaki is also smart and sneaky thanks to her beauty ( she looks like a much richer version of Robin :p )

Luffy + KID

Nami + Shinobi

Don't forget Chopper + Amnesiac Big Mom

Law

Oct 27, 2017

Luffy + KID

Nami + Shinobi

Don't forget Chopper + Amnesiac Big Mom
Thanks for your consideration by using the Spoiler tag, but don't worry, you don't need to use it if you want to talk about the last (current) chapter.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orochi's sword seems to have the same hilt as Oden's. Wonder if it's hinting at anything.

932-5.png

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i predict that at least one mink will go full feral mode from using su long for too long, and a straw hat will have to incapacitate them without hurting them

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think pekoms even got the chance to transform in the manga. But I could be remembering it wrong.

He didn't, though the anime makes it all weird and unclear if Pekoms is always gonna look like that regardless due to not having control over the form. Whatever, it's filler.

i predict that at least one mink will go full feral mode from using su long for too long, and a straw hat will have to incapacitate them without hurting them

Added

Status
Not open for further replies.