• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Happy Bleg and Abu are back. Site wouldn't be the same without them.

So I got my group of friends to play a One Piece themed D&D game. To those in here that DM D&D, I fucked up y'all. I accidently made the second in command villain of the first big bad they ever fought. A more memorable and fun fighter than the actual big boss. It was brutal, even I liked the character more then the boss by the end of it!

For those of you who are curious as to what happened. The party is comprised of 4 pirates known as the TBA pirates (the jolley roger is just a question mark). At first, they followed a path like Luffy's. In that they mostly dicked around a few small islands helping people out with pirate and bandit issues. Then they landed on an island locked in a three-way struggle. The three factions in the struggle are the citizens of the island, invading pirates, and the marines. Not gonna get into the island politics that resulted in this three-way clash. Just know that reconciliation was not possible for any of them. Now with that info out of the way let me get back to the TBA pirates.

See they decided to back the citizens of the island. I'd love to say they deliberated about it and truly decided it was the best course of action. But the conversation was one of them going "I fucking hate pirates and I really fucking hate marines. Let's help the citizens" and that was that. Now the player that said that ran a very specific character. He's a Haki using drunken fist fighter who was also kicked out of the marines due to his drinking issues.

Ok now that you have that info, I'll recap the next few sessions. The party goes ham into finding out what is going on with this island and 2 major things happen.

1. Turns out the Drunken Fist guys old marine commander is on the island.
2. The 3-way fight is a shame. The Marines and the pirates are on the same side.

Naturally since the Mr. Drinks (yes that is his name) old commander is here I had to make them meet. Once the fated reunion happens Mr. Drinks and his old commander start arguing and a fight breaks out. I wanted this fight to be even sided since this commander was high up the chain. I even made him 2 levels higher than the TBA pirates and gave him a few marines to help him in the fight. None of that fucking mattered cause my players all rolled nat 20's on turn fucking one and killed him before he even got to go. Like god damn it of course that would happen.

Well I'm not having that, so I flesh out the captain a bit and use that to bring him back for a rematch! I turn him into Ezekiel The Survivor the marine commander famous for never giving in! Now I'm feeling good about my guy Ezekiel I gave him a sweet ass nickname and a reason to come back. So, I have him ambush the party right as they finish a big quest that they were doing for an island citizen. In order to bring out maximum tension for this destined encounter. Now something special happened in this fight, a true sign that Ezekiel The Survivor was destined for greatness. Ezekiel missed every single fucking attack roll he had and promptly got steam rolled.

So, I feel really miffed at Ezekiel for goofing when I gave him two chances to shine and I decide I'm just gonna shelve him until the party gets closer to the end. Well this last Sunday night they got to the point where it's appropriate for him to come back for one final round and he did. Unbeknownst to my players I decided that if Ezekiel The Survivor wasn't gonna get a good fight because RNG hates him. I would give him something dice couldn't take away. A good monologue before his last fight. And I stole the monologue from the one video game character that could relate to Ezekiel. That character is Kuze from Yakuza 0. Can't remember the exact thing I made him say but it was pretty much this.

"Mr. Drinks you don't get it. In the Marine life, there are no KO's. To me broken bones and wounded pride don't mean shit. Losing out on the treasure on this island and being arrested? Couldn't give a fuck. As long as I'm alive, I'll keep getting back up for more. And that's why I could never stand a half ass like you!".

Not gonna say how the fight ended but what I will say. Is at the end of the session my players told me Ezekiel was more memorable and fun than the final boss. And I can't believe I spent so much energy hyping up the 2nd in command guy lol.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Alabasta is the my favourite arc in the entire show so this is easy choice.

But Little Garden is very good too, it's severely underrated.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏

So I got my group of friends to play a One Piece themed D&D game. To those in here that DM D&D, I fucked up y'all. I accidently made the second in command villain of the first big bad they ever fought. A more memorable and fun fighter than the actual big boss. It was brutal, even I liked the character more then the boss by the end of it!

For those of you who are curious as to what happened. The party is comprised of 4 pirates known as the TBA pirates (the jolley roger is just a question mark). At first, they followed a path like Luffy's. In that they mostly dicked around a few small islands helping people out with pirate and bandit issues. Then they landed on an island locked in a three-way struggle. The three factions in the struggle are the citizens of the island, invading pirates, and the marines. Not gonna get into the island politics that resulted in this three-way clash. Just know that reconciliation was not possible for any of them. Now with that info out of the way let me get back to the TBA pirates.

See they decided to back the citizens of the island. I'd love to say they deliberated about it and truly decided it was the best course of action. But the conversation was one of them going "I fucking hate pirates and I really fucking hate marines. Let's help the citizens" and that was that. Now the player that said that ran a very specific character. He's a Haki using drunken fist fighter who was also kicked out of the marines due to his drinking issues.

Ok now that you have that info, I'll recap the next few sessions. The party goes ham into finding out what is going on with this island and 2 major things happen.

2. The 3-way fight is a shame. The Marines and the pirates are on the same side.

Naturally since the Mr. Drinks (yes that is his name) old commander is here I had to make them meet. Once the fated reunion happens Mr. Drinks and his old commander start arguing and a fight breaks out. I wanted this fight to be even sided since this commander was high up the chain. I even made him 2 levels higher than the TBA pirates and gave him a few marines to help him in the fight. None of that fucking mattered cause my players all rolled nat 20's on turn fucking one and killed him before he even got to go. Like god damn it of course that would happen.

Well I'm not having that, so I flesh out the captain a bit and use that to bring him back for a rematch! I turn him into Ezekiel The Survivor the marine commander famous for never giving in! Now I'm feeling good about my guy Ezekiel I gave him a sweet ass nickname and a reason to come back. So, I have him ambush the party right as they finish a big quest that they were doing for an island citizen. In order to bring out maximum tension for this destined encounter. Now something special happened in this fight, a true sign that Ezekiel The Survivor was destined for greatness. Ezekiel missed every single fucking attack roll he had and promptly got steam rolled.

So, I feel really miffed at Ezekiel for goofing when I gave him two chances to shine and I decide I'm just gonna shelve him until the party gets closer to the end. Well this last Sunday night they got to the point where it's appropriate for him to come back for one final round and he did. Unbeknownst to my players I decided that if Ezekiel The Survivor wasn't gonna get a good fight because RNG hates him. I would give him something dice couldn't take away. A good monologue before his last fight. And I stole the monologue from the one video game character that could relate to Ezekiel. That character is Kuze from Yakuza 0. Can't remember the exact thing I made him say but it was pretty much this.

"Mr. Drinks you don't get it. In the Marine life, there are no KO's. To me broken bones and wounded pride don't mean shit. Losing out on the treasure on this island and being arrested? Couldn't give a fuck. As long as I'm alive, I'll keep getting back up for more. And that's why I could never stand a half ass like you!".

Not gonna say how the fight ended but what I will say. Is at the end of the session my players told me Ezekiel was more memorable and fun than the final boss. And I can't believe I spent so much energy hyping up the 2nd in command guy lol.
Lmfao

bro just stay as DM from now on. that monologue had me rolling.

Oct 27, 2017

Lmaooo sounds fun, we did this week's One Piece DnD session just before and it ended the current storyline and began the next with a squat orange haired man in a 50's mans swimsuit with flippers, a swimming cap and sailor tattoos stealing the captains bedsheets and fleeing with them leaving a ransom note on how to get them back

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Lmfao

bro just stay as DM from now on. that monologue had me rolling.
Lmao wish y'all could have been in the room. I don't think I mentioned it in my post but at one point they just started calling him EzekieL.

Lmaooo sounds fun, we did this week's One Piece DnD session just before and it ended the current storyline and began the next with a squat orange haired man in a 50's mans swimsuit with flippers, a swimming cap and sailor tattoos stealing the captains bedsheets and fleeing with them leaving a ransom note on how to get them back
This is amazing haha

Actually you might get a kick out of this. So the TBA's rival pirate crew is actually a home owners association. Cause in their first fight the ones with devil fruit abilities went ham and wrecked a couple of houses as collateral damage. Naturally I wasn't gonna let that one go. Thus the HOA took to the seas.

Last edited:

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Ppl love drum island tho
To a degree yeah though I see some people not like it for Wapol.
Fair enough, yeah.

For me, it's more that it's never talked about that much, although I honestly get why: you have the big arcs looming already (Alabasta) and, out of the ones with relatively low stakes, Arlong Park, which has some of the most iconic moments and it's basically the first "this is what OP is about" arc. It also introduced very relevant elements, like slavery and Fishmen.

But I've always been partial to Little Garden and Drum myself. Fuck, Drum has the hardest-hitting flashback imo (barring Brook's).

JohnDoe

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of random and out there but what if Otoko somehow saved Hiyori from killing herself with her positive nature and outlook? It seems really strange for a random kid to know her secrets. Hiyori even said herself that at times she didn't want to keep on living anymore.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of random and out there but what if Otoko somehow saved Hiyori from killing herself with her positive nature and outlook? It seems really strange for a random kid to know her secrets. Hiyori even said herself that at times she didn't want to keep on living anymore.
It wouldn't be crazy to think that, without forgetting Kawamatsu who was according to her, the person who helped her smile again.
What I would like to know is what would happen if Otoko confronts Perona?

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao wish y'all could have been in the room. I don't think I mentioned it in my post but at one point they just started calling him EzekieL.

This is amazing haha

Actually you might get a kick out of this. So the TBA's rival pirate crew is actually a home owners association. Cause in their first fight the ones with devil fruit abilities went ham and wrecked a couple of houses as collateral damage. Naturally I wasn't gonna let that one go. Thus the HOA took to the seas.

That's a good idea actually, the best nemesis is always one they create

My crew's nemesis is a criminal they accidentally set free when stealing from a Marine Captain's ship in the first session

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I wouldn't be surprised if that's more or less how it went down, works even without her being suicidal. She was already feeling depressed before Kawamatsu cheered her up, so she probably went back into that funk after he got captured, even more so if she truly had to turn to prostitution to survive.

I just wanna know if Toko is tied to Ebisu Town or not. I mean, she gotta be right?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Who is the best Baroque works agent outside of the top ones like Mr 1 Mr 2 and Robin

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
So why is Oda being cagey about Kawamatsu's appearance at this point? It seems obvious he's not someone we would know, so when he finally does show him off the most we'll get is his design. Unless he hasn't finalized it yet.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So why is Oda being cagey about Kawamatsu's appearance at this point? It seems obvious he's not someone we would know, so when he finally does show him off the most we'll get is his design. Unless he hasn't finalized it yet.

I don't get the fuss over it, Oda always does this. He isn't gonna reveal it in a mini flashback when he could just do it "properly" once he's out of his chains. Though we did end up being right that he was being coy because Kawamatsu isn't human.

Oct 27, 2017
Yo that sounds mad fun. Is the criminal on their own or do they have their own crew?

They were on their own but since then I've written little paragraphs of him gathering his own comrades and making his own connections and building his forces whilst they're on their journey

They've encountered him once and his goons a handful of times so they're aware of him sorta but can't do anything to target him right now coz they don't know where his base is at

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe but the official translation is that Otoko knows Hiyori's "true nature" instead of having her know Hiyori's secret. Which makes a lot more sense

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You think she's implying that there are people that know who she is, but don't necessarily know that she's not like 'Komurasaki'?

The official translation going with "true nature" makes it a possibility that a few people know her personality as Komurasaki is a facade, but not necessarily know that she's Hiyori. In all likelihood though, if you got an opportunity to know how nice she actually is, you probably also know she's Oden's daughter.

Guess we'll see.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
But she does knows her secret. They literally said so.
Sorry, I worded that weird. What I meant is that Otoko doesn't only know Hiyori's secret, but her true personality too. That meaning Hiyori is really a bubbly more goofy character and that's why she gets along with Otoko, as opposed to Hiyori being saved by Otoko's personality.
You think she's implying that there are people that know who she is, but don't necessarily know that she's not like 'Komurasaki'?
I could definitely see the Yakuza guy knowing Hiyori's secret but being tricked into thinking the cold Hiyori is the real one.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Chp 701
Heehehee, that reaction face panel to the toy people 🤣
So it's Spain and...The Nutcracker?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I worded that weird. What I meant is that Otoko doesn't only know Hiyori's secret, but her true personality too. That meaning Hiyori is really a bubbly more goofy character and that's why she gets along with Otoko, as opposed to Hiyori being saved by Otoko's personality.

That can work too, but then we're back to square one on figuring out how why she told her her secret

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
I don't get the fuss over it, Oda always does this. He isn't gonna reveal it in a mini flashback when he could just do it "properly" once he's out of his chains. Though we did end up being right that he was being coy because Kawamatsu isn't human.
It's not a big deal, but it's precisely that it's not a big deal that we're confused why he's holding out over it. The simplest answer however is that it's just due to him being in a prison cell that is poorly lit.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
That can work too, but then we're back to square one on figuring out how why she told her her secret
I'm hoping there's an explanation for it but this is One Piece and in One Piece "princess" characters tend to be pretty stupid with their secrets.

Either way, I'm sure the answer the answer is tied to the Yakuza dude

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a big deal, but it's precisely that it's not a big deal that we're confused why he's holding out over it. The simplest answer however is that it's just due to him being in a prison cell that is poorly lit.

I don't see it as confusing, but to each their own.

I'm hoping there's an explanation for it but this is One Piece and in One Piece "princess" characters tend to be pretty stupid with their secrets.

Either way, I'm sure the answer the answer is tied to the Yakuza dude

I personally don't really need there to be some hidden reason for why she told her, was just speculating for the fun of it. Her confiding in a little kid that helped her get through the day is pretty understandable given her extreme circumstances IMO.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Also don't forget that Hiyori is supposed to be dead and is on the run, so taking a chance with a stranger who saved her from the people chasing her doesn't seem too out there to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Would she even be aware of who Zoro is to betray him? The Straw Hats being in Wano is recent news, and I can't imagine Kyoshiro is telling secrets like that to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.