• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Oh shoot forgot all about the Ancel game, been years...that looked pretty nice too if I remember right.
Yeah, they showed quite a bit not even a month ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imM8Xpc2vcs

It's definitely different. Really interested in seeing the journey until our species.
You right you right. Anybody getting the predator game
Man, for a moment I thought that shit was a new SOCOM :/

A Predator game has crazy potential, though. Hopefully this asymetric multi finds more success than Evolve.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Yeah, they showed quite a bit not even a month ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imM8Xpc2vcs

It's definitely different. Really interested in seeing the journey until our species.

Man, for a moment I thought that shit was a new SOCOM :/

A Predator game has crazy potential, though. Hopefully this asymetric multi finds more success than Evolve.
I just got so confused. The game I was thinking of was the Michel Ancel game Wild that was announced as a PS exlusive back in 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukqWH0ERuHw

Ancestors: Humankind is by Patrice Desilets which also looks dope. All these french speaking folks making close to the same game is confusing lmao.The new Away survival game is also by a Montreal studio

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, shit's real sad.

I feel like Oda could have killed him (if he's gone for good) a little bit later, when we already have built more of a bond with him. But Yasu was so nice and had such a fun design that it still feels really cruel, especially going in that way. If this death sticks, Oda's definitely getting more serious. We've barely even said goodbye to Pound and Pedro, if you think about it. And Jinbe :p (pls come back asap big boy).

The New World is tough, yo.
I just got so confused. The game I was thinking of was the Michel Ancel game Wild that was announced as a PS exlusive back in 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukqWH0ERuHw

Ancestors: Humankind is by Patrice Desilets which also looks dope. All these french speaking folks making close to the same game is confusing lmao.The new Away survival game is also by a Montreal studio
I'm so fucking stupid lol. I was indeed thinking of Desilets, mixed my French developers! Both have a history with Ubi, so that's probably why lol.

Funny thing is that I actually initially thought of WiLD (and not Ancestors, that was later) when Away first showed up, what with the controlling of small animals. I've been really excited about WiLD since it got announced, I hope things are going alright, because I really want it to be good and they've been silent for a long time now.

We need more prehistoric shaman characters.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Yeah, shit's real sad.

I feel like Oda could have killed him (if he's gone for good) a little bit later, when we already have built more of a bond with him. But Yasu was so nice and had such a fun design that it still feels really cruel, especially going in that way. If this death sticks, Oda's definitely getting more serious. We've barely even said goodbye to Pound and Pedro, if you think about it. And Jinbe :p (pls come back asap big boy).

The New World is tough, yo.
I agree that we should have spent a bit more time him, but I also like this GoT's esque sudden death, makes the arc feel so much more on the edge now. I needed a bit more of that after some pretty breezy chapters with bathhouse and Luffy chilling in the hotel gym he is at. But yeah since Zou the New World has been brutal, I love it

I'm so fucking stupid lol. I was indeed thinking of Desilets, mixed my French developers! Both have a history with Ubi, so that's probably why lol.

Funny thing is that I actually initially thought of WiLD (and not Ancestors, that was later) when Away first showed up, what with the controlling of small animals. I've been really excited about WiLD since it got announced, I hope things are going alright, because I really want it to be good and they've been silent for a long time now.

We need more prehistoric shaman characters.
Yeah I agree we need more of these, hoping the best for Wild. Also as you mentioned, I too miss SOCOM :(

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I agree that we should have spent a bit more time him, but I also like this GoT's esque sudden death, makes the arc feel so much more on the edge now. I needed a bit more of that after some pretty breezy chapters with bathhouse and Luffy chilling in the hotel gym he is at. But yeah since Zou the New World has been brutal, I love it

Yeah I agree we need more of these, hoping the best for Wild. Also as you mentioned, I too miss SOCOM :(
That's a good point, it definitely adds to it. Honestly, fictional deaths hit me harder when they're not telegraphed or, like in this case, come sooner than expected (if you were even expecting it. The only reason I wasn't was because of his short screen presence).

Seeing as Zoro is the only Strawhat with an actual link to him (as short as it was), I'm curious about how he's going to take this. He looks pissed (also because the villagers can't stop laughing lol).

Orochi is fucking ruthless. I honestly don't care if he's a fraud or not with regards to his combat skills. As far as I'm concerned, he's a really good villain to hate. Weirdly competent in his handling of the country, even (up until this point, I guess).
I really want a SOCOM yeah :/

Mr. Shawn Layden, I know you're reading this thread right now, make this happen.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Oda has truly broken us if a guy can get shot in the head and still have people doubt that he's dead haha
Lol I guess. Pell left me scarred, man.

To be fair though, I don't think I ever doubted Pedro and Pound's deaths! Maybe some skepticism on Pound's as he was never acknowledged as Chiffon's father and that was really dark, going out in such a cruel manner (I have little doubt Lola and Chiffon will someday find out, though. Pez is the key!)

Chapter release schedule

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We should threadmark this:

D58pQDWUcAAD66f.jpg:large

Oct 27, 2017

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
To those who may have not noticed, our usual source seems to be missing the 2nd to last page. The other source has it though.

EDIT: Okay, it's there now.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- As expected, Yasu's appearance is completely different from how he looks now, no wonder no one could recognize him. He looks kinda badass.

- This chapter comes close to confirming what happened to Oden's father. Seems likely he just simply passed away, which is what set everything in motion by giving Oden an opportunity to become the new Shogun. We'll see though. Maybe there's even foul play involved.

- Guess he's not Orochi's brother after all... or the Witching Hour Boy!!!! Seriously, what a twist, though that explains why his figure didn't match the silhouette from 926. Who the hell is it then, because it doesn't feel like it's either Toko or Hiyori.

- Lmao at Yasu actually going through with the idea of it being a prank.

- So there were 5 daiymo total: Oden (Kuri), Yasu (Hakumai), and 3 others (Udon, Kibi, Ringo). So Orochi seems to not be a former daiymo... I think. Given how Yasu refers to himself as the "last daiymo", it seems that all the others died during the fight against Kaido.

- Of course a sleazeball like Orochi was indebted to Oden, but betrayed him anyways.

- I definitely feel that the "curse" on Orochi's heart is gonna be referenced again in a flashback by someone.

- Yasu really fucking played Orochi hard. Willingly let himself get caught in order to protect the alliance from being caught. That explains why it felt so odd to see him suddenly tied up like that.

- The one-two punch of Yasu dying right in front of Toko, as well as learning that the SMILE fruits are somehow responsible for Ebisu Town's "condition"... Woof.

Great chapter. Yasu wasn't around that long, but Oda really made me feel for the guy in a short time in classic OP fashion. Also jeez, Oda has gotten more "bloodthirsty" in the New World, but this is the first time a character has died this early on in an arc. Really makes you wonder who might be next...

Made me think of that little bit from Mob:

QfmQp33.png

Oh god you're right

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I feel so bad for O-Toko :(

But Yasu died like a G and he's taking credit for the tattoo, does that mean they're going to release most of the prisoners now ?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But Yasu died like a G and he's taking credit for the tattoo, does that mean they're going to release most of the prisoners now ?

Seems like it. They already established that everyone's secretly very tired of Orochi's paranoia, this stunt from Yasu will only fuel that. If anyone objects to it, it'll maybe be one of the Supernova.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I really didn't expect to care all that much, but that was heartbreaking and very well executed (...no pun intended).

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
hmmm what if Smile is the reason Yasuie looks so different?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's because he ate the Dragon fruit, while Kaidou is a dragon that ate the Oni fruit.

What does Momo have to do with Kaido lol, Vegapunk's DF isn't even a real Devil Fruit, so there's nothing stopping them from both having Dragon DFs

The Oni theory has never really made sense either

Status
Not open for further replies.