• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
D6awmZXXsAEsvfK.jpg

D6awm9oW4AEAEoR.jpg
damn the style is off the charts here....buggy when did you get 10 feet tall?

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
If this is how GRRM was going to have it end, at least they put me out of my misery so I don't need to think about the books anymore.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
The One Piece is a piece of passion fruit that Roger was saving for a rainy day

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god they are making a live action One Piece?

It could be so awesome but they will fuck it up for sure

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The One Piece is Winds of Winter and the series ends with a second great age of pirates trying to find A Dream of Spring.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I haven't watched the latest GOT yet (it airs at 3:00 AM or so here), but I'm dreading it already.

What a shame the last few seasons have been.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'll be there day one, but I'm more interested in whether or not Netflix will licence the anime over. As someone in the UK, I'm a little starved for content on that front.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do something special with it and not just be another One Piece 1:1 adaptation. Wouldn't it be dope if they did Roger's execution and showcased some of the characters from Chapter 0 like Dragon, Mihawk and Crocodile (maybe not Buggy and Shanks though) just as a wink and a nod to tell the fans, "Yeah, we're real fans."?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I hope they do something special with it and not just be another One Piece 1:1 adaptation. Wouldn't it be dope if they did Roger's execution and showcased some of the characters from Chapter 0 like Dragon, Mihawk and Crocodile (maybe not Buggy and Shanks though) just as a wink and a nod to tell the fans, "Yeah, we're real fans."?
To be honest it's not like they can do a OP 1:1 adaptation even if they wanted lol. But yeah, they have the (potential) benefit of 900+ chapters to foreshadow stuff and better plan things.

I still expect a shitshow, as I really can't think of any other manga harder to adapt than OP. Down to even the simplest, less wacky of places or designs. And let's not talk about the scale of the world, the cast, the journey, the battles, the over the top-ness of essentially everything.

It's going to be a blast.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I wish you would use the english names for these...I can only remember about half of them

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Mihawk still loses sleep at night thinking about that failed slash against Buggy-sama.

He's a fellow warlord, so they are equal on that level. Moreover he lead a mass breakout of impel down, the first in recorded history (ignore Shiki and he's the only one to break out) and commands the respect of a giant criminal pirate crew/mercenary organization. Whitebeard talked to him as an equal, his best friend is Redhaired Shanks and he's been known to pal around with the fifth Emperor of the Sea Monkey D. Luffy. He sailed with Gol D. Roger on his legendary voyage to the end of the sea of seas, the grand line and came back unscathed. He's quite possibly the most noted figure of the era. I'd be shaking in my boots if I was Mihawk.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
He's a fellow warlord, so they are equal on that level. Moreover he lead a mass breakout of impel down, the first in recorded history (ignore Shiki and he's the only one to break out) and commands the respect of a giant criminal pirate crew/mercenary organization. Whitebeard talked to him as an equal, his best friend is Redhaired Shanks and he's been known to pal around with the fifth Emperor of the Sea Monkey D. Luffy. He sailed with Gol D. Roger on his legendary voyage to the end of the sea of seas, the grand line and came back unscathed. He's quite possibly the most noted figure of the era. I'd be shaking in my boots if I was Mihawk.

100% truth.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Impel Down again and it cannot be stressed how much of a bro Mr. 2 is. Luffy says he wishes Zolo was there but Mr. 2's sacrifice is above and beyond that. Dude literally drags Luffy around, fights off snow wolves, cheers for him all night, and stays behind for the ultimate sacrifice.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
You guys realize this Smile stuff was first introduced to us(or rather hinted) back on Saboady during the human auctions? The people of Wano have had to suffer the side effects of this stuff for several years now.

And man this Smile stuff reminds of me of the Neptune brothers. Two of them were outright weirdos but then later we learned of a traumatizing incident that caused them to get stuck in that seemingly weird mindset for years to come. Leave it to Oda to wait an entire year or more to give some heavy weight to what seems to be a small or silly plot point/character attribute.

I didn't outright cry like I have in past One Piece scenes but I sure did begin to tear up. That was a legit sad moment and I feel for all the characters. I know some of us aren't attached to Yasu at all but I found him to be extremely endearing early on and way more so after we understood his helping hand role in Ebesu town.

The Smile stuff is super interesting. Makes you wonder if SAD has gotten it's name after it's side effects were clear. Devil fruits seem to have an actual spirit inside of them. I'm of the opinion that they can think and "do" things on their own. Sort of. Black Beard saying that the Darkness fruit chose him makes me think we'll interpret that literally some day. The artificial devil fruits seem to be created with animal DNA as well as the "spirits" from actual humans. I'm wondering if the soul of the Smiles is somehow taken from humans and then cultivated and harvested in a way that creates artificial fruits. The fruit maybe needs certain emotions to operate. Caesar might have deemed that taking certain negative emotions like anger as something that would be more fitting for a weapon. Leaving behind that laughy happiness allows for more vicious fruits and maybe the humans who are affected by it aren't total expressionless zombies. Perhaps the mixture of the human and animal attributes is partially what makes them unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.