• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care what some fans say, Armament Haki has been around a lot in the early parts of the manga/anime and the audience just couldn't see it, or it was so weak that it didn't make the heavy black color.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Btw re:Skypiea

Fantastic intro, wonderful sense of adventure, TERRIBLE villains (well except Enel). As soon as they showed up just now I was like "oh yeah thats why I didnt like Skypiea" >_>

We'll see, ive been enjoying this rewatch and liking the arcs more than I remember (not watching for years helps I guess) so I might end up liking this more also but...dunno man.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Skypeia is on the same tier as Thriller Bark for me. I need good antagonists and outside of the Big Bad, those arcs just didn't deliver. Same with Fishman Island. I can appreciate the thematic aspects of the arcs, and there's definitely fantastic moments from them, but they'll never stack up to Water 7/Enies Lobby, Alabasta or Whole Cake Island.

And that's how I justify liking the popular arcs more.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
Thriller Bark is an arc that could and honestly should be top 5 (the fucking RPG cross attacks vs. Oars+Moria bits alone should do it but this is also an arc with Usopp v. Perona, Brook's flashback and THAT ENDING) but Hogback and Absalom make it so hard to go through early on. Skypiea absolutely should be higher regarded however. One of the best backstories in the series to date + world building (Skypiea is the longest con in the series, facts) + the genuine feelings of adventure involved + having a genuinely busted antagonist that early on but dealing with him in the ways that each Straw Hat and intertwined person did made for such a great time.

I don't care what some fans say, Armament Haki has been around a lot in the early parts of the manga/anime and the audience just couldn't see it, or it was so weak that it didn't make the heavy black color.

The moment they expanded on the system with Rayleigh before time skip was the moment I was looking extra wide eyed at things like Zoro vs. Mr. 1, the Six Kings Gun/Rokougan move Lucci used to almost end the match with Luffy, and Crocodile getting extra shook before the Water Luffy revelation (and even the climax with Storm casually parting through La Spada). Even little things like Blackbeard talking with Luffy and explicitly referencing Luffy's haki (back when translations used to call it his ambition/spirit no less lol) on Jaya should really have been bigger moments for folks. Observation was always super obvious and straightforward with pre-timeskip applications in Mantra and the Boa sisters.

Seeing Oda outright come and mostly say that the Zoro v. Mr. 1 stuff was not a bad thing to pay attention to all this time later in Wano definitely makes me super excited to see if more of the stuff mentioned above was also related.

The one bit of head canon I have that has yet to be shown as true or not was that maybe everyone at Marineford had been using Armament Haki/Hardening but Oda was pulling the HxH nen thing where inexperienced users couldn't see it/it looked invisible (and we as the audience going along with Luffy & the crew's p

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hard unfollowed seeing it.

I should've been done that tbh, now's as good a time as any I suppose

Seeing Oda outright come and mostly say that the Zoro v. Mr. 1 stuff was not a bad thing to pay attention to all this time later in Wano definitely makes me super excited to see if more of the stuff mentioned above was also related.

Yea it has me giddy knowing that Oda is actually taking the time to flesh out all the earlier uses of Haki, the biggest one so far being the exploding cuffs. No one would really blame for just basically leaving it alone, but he's going above and beyond here.

I think when all is said and done, his only real misstep will be not having thought of Hardening earlier.

Oct 26, 2017
Thriller Bark is an arc that could and honestly should be top 5 (the fucking RPG cross attacks vs. Oars+Moria bits alone should do it but this is also an arc with Usopp v. Perona, Brook's flashback and THAT ENDING) but Hogback and Absalom make it so hard to go through early on. Skypiea absolutely should be higher regarded however. One of the best backstories in the series to date + world building (Skypiea is the longest con in the series, facts) + the genuine feelings of adventure involved + having a genuinely busted antagonist that early on but dealing with him in the ways that each Straw Hat and intertwined person did made for such a great time.

The moment they expanded on the system with Rayleigh before time skip was the moment I was looking extra wide eyed at things like Zoro vs. Mr. 1, the Six Kings Gun/Rokougan move Lucci used to almost end the match with Luffy, and Crocodile getting extra shook before the Water Luffy revelation (and even the climax with Storm casually parting through La Spada). Even little things like Blackbeard talking with Luffy and explicitly referencing Luffy's haki (back when translations used to call it his ambition/spirit no less lol) on Jaya should really have been bigger moments for folks. Observation was always super obvious and straightforward with pre-timeskip applications in Mantra and the Boa sisters.

The one bit of head canon I have that has yet to be shown as true or not was that maybe everyone at Marineford had been using Armament Haki/Hardening but Oda was pulling the HxH nen thing where inexperienced users couldn't see it/it looked invisible (and we as the audience going along with Luffy & the crew's p
Rokugan isn't haki. It's equivalent to a one inch punch, just moving so fast it's naked to the eye.

D_T7-KKXoAALLWp.jpg

Blackleg-sanji1

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Cindry is best thriller bark character. Smash those plates on hogback's stupid head...do it

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
holy fuck that's hilarious, at least the world seeker team has a good sense of humor

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Pirate Warriors 3 goes from Saobody to Impel Down, so it skips Amazon Lily... that's disapointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.