• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
The man. The myth. The legend.

WideeyedHopefulGoldfish-size_restricted.gif

I miss Kaizoku Fansubs.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty good too. I like the anime of Dressrosa especially if you can binge it. I did it in three 40 episode or so chunks. Caught up, let it go almost a whole year, repeat.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The lowest point of the anime is probably Fishman Island, and it's not for story reasons. It's the animation. Woof.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
And 5+ minute intros

I was actually going to say earlier, since I know it's a trend that lives up to this day, but the wasted time in enies lobby episodes is starting to get ridiculous. 2.5min intro + 30sec pointless Roger / Age of Pirates intro + 3-4 minute recaps and sometimes you are 7-8mins into it before the actual episode starts >_>

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, we counted a few times during the TOONAMI run of Ennis Lobby. A couple of episodes get up to about minute 9 before the title card.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
do we ever see Kumadori in some cover story or something after this ass whooping from Chopper?

ClearcutGraciousBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Because if not I will assume he went to see his momma in the afterlife.

I was actually going to say earlier, since I know it's a trend that lives up to this day, but the wasted time in enies lobby episodes is starting to get ridiculous. 2.5min intro + 30sec pointless Roger / Age of Pirates intro + 3-4 minute recaps and sometimes you are 7-8mins into it before the actual episode starts >_>

I more so talking about the recaps which hurt more do to the terrible pacing in Dressrosa

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Did the new Color Walk Compendium get pushed back? It had a date of July 25th in The Netherlands (UK import), but it appears to be pushed back to October.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
You point out that G8 is bad when the Lovely Land arc almost made me drop the anime. G8 is a GOAT arc and should be canon imo.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Looking ahead after Ennies Lobby, I will now list a bunch of characters I dont know the names of (or know much about) but am interested in seeing in whatever arcs they are in:

Marco
that freak with the spiky teeth that loves Luffy or something
that other freak with spiky teeth from the WCI arc
that 3 eyed freak you keep posting gifs about
Carrot I guess to see what the deal is with her
those power ranger guys
wasnt there like a mountain guy? literally a mountain, as in made of ground?
all the animal guys, like theres a short tiger guy, and another yellow cat guy I think, a big fucker? all those animal guys

characters i just roll my eyes at looking at them, but am probably dead wrong about and will love them or something:

that freak dressed as a baby
that half naked chick with a bazooka
that other half naked gladiator lady
any half naked lady really, please stop Oda
fishman island badguy I hate his look

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Superb. Love Nami and Luffy working together. Love Sanji purposing to Pudding. Chills at that ending.

Jktpnymonorel

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Looking ahead after Ennies Lobby, I will now list a bunch of characters I dont know the names of (or know much about) but am interested in seeing in whatever arcs they are in:

Marco
that freak with the spiky teeth that loves Luffy or something
that other freak with spiky teeth from the WCI arc
that 3 eyed freak you keep posting gifs about
Carrot I guess to see what the deal is with her
those power ranger guys
wasnt there like a mountain guy? literally a mountain, as in made of ground?
all the animal guys, like theres a short tiger guy, and another yellow cat guy I think, a big fucker? all those animal guys

characters i just roll my eyes at looking at them, but am probably dead wrong about and will love them or something:

that freak dressed as a baby
that half naked chick with a bazooka
that other half naked gladiator lady
any half naked lady really, please stop Oda
fishman island badguy I hate his look
you dont want to know about that 3 eye tho

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
There still the Yakuza bosses, were gonna probably finish the Act here, maybe have Momonosuke give a speech
Momonosuke giving a speech would be really freaking amazing. I know people are hit or miss on him as a character but Wano is a really great arc for him to come into his own. Not to mention I'm really exited to see how Orochi reacts when he sees that Momo is alive.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Momo, where's Zunesha right now? Circling Wano? I find it hard to believe it won't be involved in the Onigashima raid.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Not gonna lie, but Udon really has overstayed its welcome with me (it's fun but I need to see Law and the others and we've been in the prison in an uninterrupted way for a few chapters now).

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I don't mind it. One Piece it at it's best for me when it focusses on one location/group/event at a time instead of swapping all over the place. We'll get to the rest soon enough, for now I enjoy watching the events unfold in Udon. We should be nearing it's end now anyway.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
More detailed spoilers:
From @Vegapank
Spoilers :
-color spread is about straw hats inside swimming pool with big gorila

More spoilers:
-Luffy with others are beating the beasts pirate
-kid and killer are seeing the fighting
-The scorpion jailers uses plague bullet
-luffy try to grab infected people then he got infected
-Luffy grabs the infected people and threw them away
-The scorpion uses chemical capsule
-The elephant jailer tries to throw capsule 200 through the elephant
-Luffy roped the elephant then it exploded inside the elephant
-Luffy command the prisoners to attack the scorpion
-Then luffy dominant the prison
Eh, I don't mind it. One Piece it at it's best for me when it focusses on one location/group/event at a time instead of swapping all over the place. We'll get to the rest soon enough, for now I enjoy watching the events unfold in Udon. We should be nearing it's end now anyway.
Yeah, I see what you say.

I mean, I'd be fine with this, but I really want to see what's going on elsewhere, as I think those events are more interesting (and are situations that could have been very well used as cliff-hangers in how dire they seem) and seeing Luffy stomp on cannon fodder, as fun as it always is, isn't precisely new.

Now, I think I'm a bit bored mostly due to the breaks. They've been fine or even great chapters, but the wait is killing me.
Speaking of Momo, where's Zunesha right now? Circling Wano? I find it hard to believe it won't be involved in the Onigashima raid.
Yes please. Jack, be ready.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Longer spoiler summary for 949:

From shuhui:
Chapter 949 Zombie

In order to stop Luffy and the others, the guards start shooting the Plague rounds made from viruses.

Their target is not Luffy and his group, but all the prisoners.

If you got hit you'll get a infectious disease and feel burning pain until you die.

It's a weapon created by Queen, its name is Zombie.

The guards command the infected prisoners to get close to Luffy's group, they use them like biochemical weapon.

The prisoners protest in pain: We wouldn't be like this if you outsiders didn't appear, it's impossible for you guys can't take down Kaidou, get out!

Upon hearing this, Luffy touches them and yell: this kind of thing have no effect at all!

He continues: I promised Otama that I'll save this country, to let everyone eat to their hearts content, we are here to defeat Kaidou! There's no reason for us to get stopped by our comrades, you guys decide whether you want to follow Kaidou or follow us!

The prisoners were all moved by Luffy's speech.

Babanuki saw that this is not going well for them and decided to take advantage of them talking and hurl a large amount of Plague rounds at them.

But it was put to a stop immediately by Luffy, who said because he saw a dangerous future.

Then he turns to the prisoners: now, it's up to you guys!

8 days till the final battle—successfully dominated Udon without being noticed by the enemy headquarter.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Longer spoiler summary for 949:

From shuhui:
Chapter 949 Zombie

In order to stop Luffy and the others, the guards start shooting the Plague rounds made from viruses.

Their target is not Luffy and his group, but all the prisoners.

If you got hit you'll get a infectious disease and feel burning pain until you die.

It's a weapon created by Queen, its name is Zombie.

The guards command the infected prisoners to get close to Luffy's group, they use them like biochemical weapon.

The prisoners protest in pain: We wouldn't be like this if you outsiders didn't appear, it's impossible for you guys can't take down Kaidou, get out!

Upon hearing this, Luffy touches them and yell: this kind of thing have no effect at all!

He continues: I promised Otama that I'll save this country, to let everyone eat to their hearts content, we are here to defeat Kaidou! There's no reason for us to get stopped by our comrades, you guys decide whether you want to follow Kaidou or follow us!

The prisoners were all moved by Luffy's speech.

Babanuki saw that this is not going well for them and decided to take advantage of them talking and hurl a large amount of Plague rounds at them.

But it was put to a stop immediately by Luffy, who said because he saw a dangerous future.

Then he turns to the prisoners: now, it's up to you guys!

8 days till the final battle—successfully dominated Udon without being noticed by the enemy headquarter.
The Plague!

Man, it's kinda insane we're still eight days away from the big battle. I wonder if Oda will skip a few days (for implied training, preparations, recovery, whatever).

Status
Not open for further replies.