• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Kaido will be defeatd by a super strawhat combination attack

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The only way I can see that scenario is if he exhausts himself in a fight with Big Mom

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 949:

I'm surprised Udon was completely taken over/mostly resolved in this chapter. From last chapter and the issue of getting the prisoners on Luffy's side, I was expecting a lot more effort to be needed to sway them, taking another chapter or two (especially considering how large the prison is, along with some possibly "stronger" prisoners that aren't so easily convinced). Luffy infecting himself with Queen's disease was a good way to show solidarity with the prisoners, but his speech didn't feel that "convincing" in regards to why the prisoners should side with him after all the abuse they've taken/how powerful they know Kaido to be. I did like him bringing up Tama and his use of future Haki though at the end.

Overall, Udon didn't do everything I was expecting story wise but I'm glad it's wrapped up now/we can move on to the other story perspectives and moving closer to the final battles.

Spinx

Oct 27, 2017
My name is Eustass Kid and I'm gonna be king of the pirates

49cd2a7255c09c2edfaaf0ef739a9f662319f0db_00.jpg

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter was much better than the spoilers were making it seem like tbh. Luffy really showcasing why he's the future Pirate King this chapter with his speech.

I wonder when Luffy and Kidd are going to get into it about Shanks.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Nah just Luffy, don't see the other strawhats helping with teh Kaido fight

There is absolutely no way Luffy gets to a level where he can defeat a Yonkou by himself in this arc. He literally got one shotted by Kaido and was running scared from Big Mom few chapters ago.

Unless Oda goes full power creep like Naruto I don't see that happening.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Did you just ignore the comment that happens after this?

Yeah I hadn't read any of the later posts when I wrote that. I agree that Luffy will definitely land the final attack. I think majority of the fight will probably be a tag team against a Kaido that already got weakened by Big Mom.

Even that scenario seems kind of unbelievable to me. Oda made Kaido (every Yonkou really) way too OP lol.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
There is absolutely no way Luffy gets to a level where he can defeat a Yonkou by himself in this arc. He literally got one shotted by Kaido and was running scared from Big Mom few chapters ago.

Unless Oda goes full power creep like Naruto I don't see that happening.
Luffy is in an odd spot right now. He seemingly is stronger than a Yonkou's first mate so the only place he has to go is fighting a Yonkou. After Wano the only big threats left will be admirals, Blackbeard and maybe Shanks unless something pops up out of the blue.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Luffy is in an odd spot right now. He seemingly is stronger than a Yonkou's first mate so the only place he has to go is fighting a Yonkou. After Wano the only big threats left will be admirals, Blackbeard and maybe Shanks unless something pops up out of the blue.

The gap between commanders and Yonkou is pretty vast though.

Base form Kaido casually one-shots Luffy. He still has his dragon form AND probably an even stronger hybrid form.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
I literally never want to hear anyone contest Luffy's status as The Fifth Emperor after this chapter.

Years of anime/manga heads judging a character's ability through powers and fight feats have corroded the ability to judge people on anything but "how would they not get washed in a fight" and then this chapter shows how Luffy has PEAK big dick energy and can absolutely swing a situation just off charisma alone. He's fucking GOOD at this and has been forever.

Combine this with his actual resume and this should never be a line of thinking ever again.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
The gap between commanders and Yonkou is pretty vast though.

Base form Kaido casually one-shots Luffy. He still has his dragon form AND probably an even stronger hybrid form.
Doesn't seem much worse than Luffy beating CP9 members after a day or two after getting washed especially now that he has properish training. He can awaken his devil fruit and maybe pull out a new form as well. Luffy is the fifth emperor, its time for him to pull up on another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.