• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
as long as Oda doesnt do a D&D "we need to subvert expectations" One Piece cant end badly. Luffy beats Blackbeard in Raftel, gets One Piece (whatever it is), becomes Pirate King, there.

Like, dont fuck up 20+ years of storytelling just to "subvert expectations" please.
Don't know what D&D is referring to here but I don't think Oda will subvert expectations just for the sake of it. Usually when something surprising happens in One Piece, it's surprising but then when you look at what comes before and it's still consistent.

I certainly hope a Straw Hat doesn't die just for the sake of it.

It feel like Kimetsu could e ending soon which would break my heart

At least if it is ending then it'll be a strong ending. But ultimately, I don't bother guessing the time remaining if something is announced to be in a "final arc". Shit's too volatile. But I can see how Soma and Yaiba ending close to each other would be a lot to take in for you.

Still, it's interesting that Soma ended and both Neverland and Yaiba are at that "final arc" point. And it feels like Dr. Stone could get that announcement any day now.

I can at least take solace in the fact that MHA still has a long way to go and that apparently BC is only now wrapping up "the first arc" lol...and also there's One Piece which will outlive most of us here...

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know what D&D is referring to here but I don't think Oda will subvert expectations just for the sake of it. Usually when something surprising happens in One Piece, it's surprising but then when you look at what comes before and it's still consistent.

Game of thrones showrunners David Beniof and Dan Weiss, known for liking (and straight up saying it) to "subvert expectations"

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know what D&D is referring to here but I don't think Oda will subvert expectations just for the sake of it.

Some fans weirdly want that, like Shanks dying to Blackbeard before having closure with Luffy, or Mihawk losing to Shiyru before Zoro beats him lol

Oct 25, 2017

At least if it is ending then it'll be a strong ending. But ultimately, I don't bother guessing the time remaining if something is announced to be in a "final arc". Shit's too volatile. But I can see how Soma and Yaiba ending close to each other would be a lot to take in for you.

Still, it's interesting that Soma ended and both Neverland and Yaiba are at that "final arc" point. And it feels like Dr. Stone could get that announcement any day now.

I can at least take solace in the fact that MHA still has a long way to go and that apparently BC is only now wrapping up "the first arc" lol...and also there's One Piece which will outlive most of us here...
I take solace knowing deku will be around longer yes.... I need a drink

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I take solace knowing deku will be around longer yes.... I need a drink
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Face of a generation. You'll come around sooner or later

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Some fans weirdly want that, like Shanks dying to Blackbeard before having closure with Luffy, or Mihawk losing to Shiyru before Zoro beats him lol
Shiryu taking out Mihawk seems like a stretch even at this point and while I can see Shanks losing to the Blackbeard Pirates for story reasons I don't think Oda would need to kill Shanks for it. Luffy has more than enough motivation to take out Teach, no need to add Shanks to that list - also Shanks is one of the few Pirates that knew how dangerous Teach was from the beginning - so yeah I don't see alot of scenarios where someone like Shanks in his or a Yonkou in general would be killed.

Oct 25, 2017
Finding One Piece won't be the end of the series.
If anything, finding One Piece will likely start the final arc.
The great war that will envelop the world. The grand finale that will bring everyone together.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like Deku more if he told Kacchan to go fuck himself

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This thread moves so fast and FE eats my free time. Any news in this skip week?

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
tanjiro definitely trumps zoro. all tanjiro needs to do is tap into his keen sense of smell, flare those nostrils of his, and cut the string

don't forget moss head has been labeled a demon multiple times 😏 and we know how spotless tanjiro's track record is when it comes to fucking demons up.

Status
Not open for further replies.