• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Never bet on Ash, or in general for that matter.

Saddest part is, even if he wins, it's with a big asterisk since I frankly don't take the Alola League seriously. It feels like a bigger joke than the Orange League.

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
One Piece Era...it's betting time!

As you may know if you've been keeping up with current Pokemon events, Ash Ketchum is currently competing in the Alola Pokemon League. And three years after his defeat in the Kalos League final, some people, myself included, think that Ash is definitely winning the league this time.

It's been an fun tournament so far and after a scare in the quarter-finals, Ash is now in the semi-finals with his two rivals and an antagonist:
375px-Alola_League_semifinalists.png

Now that all the chumps have been weeded out and only the heavyweights remain, the tournament is finally getting really interesting. So it's time to bet!

There's already a bet being put in place in the thread linked above but so far, not many are joining in and the stakes don't seem to have been properly established. There's also a surprising lack of official entrants who believe Ash will lose. That's why I want to setup a bet of our own here, with stakes unique to this thread.

THE OPTIONS ARE THE FOLLOWING:
  • Ash will win the Alola Pokemon League (what I'm betting on)
  • Ash will lose the Alola Pokemon League
THE STAKES:

For me and me alone:

If I guessed wrong and "Ash will lose the Alola Pokemon League" is true, then...FOR EVERY SINGLE PERSON who bet correctly, I will wear the following avatar (or whatever else ends up being the final pick in that thread) for A MONTH:
9mgIVEs_d.jpg

I repeat, for every person who guesses correctly that Ash loses the league, I will wear this for a month (so two victors = 2 months, 10 victors = 10 months) but I'm capping it at 12mo/1year. Every additional winner past that adds 1 week to my punishment.

For people who incorrectly guess "Ash will win the Alola Pokemon League":
You will wear the avatar above (or whatever else replaces it in that thread) for 1 week.

For people who incorrectly guess "Ash will lose the Alola Pokemon League":
You have to read the manga Black Clover up to the most recent released chapter when the Alola Pokemon League is over, with no obligation to read past that point.

So these are the stakes. These are unique to this thread and not tied to the ones in the other Ash thread. Entering the bet here means nothing for the other side so you don't have to worry about another set of stakes.

What will you do? Do you believe in Ash Ketchum finally winning a Pokemon League? Have you lost all faith in Ash? Do you just want to add to my potential punishment?
If you want to enter, reply to this post or tag me and select your pick.
latest

-------------------------------------------------------
TEAM ASH WILL WIN:

Silfer (me)
Chase
TheTyrant
AgentLampshade
Blackleg-sanji1

TEAM ASH WILL LOSE:
I would bet but the Rebecca bet has scarred me for life

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Quoting the bet post for the new page
One Piece Era...it's betting time!

As you may know if you've been keeping up with current Pokemon events, Ash Ketchum is currently competing in the Alola Pokemon League. And three years after his defeat in the Kalos League final, some people, myself included, think that Ash is definitely winning the league this time.

It's been an fun tournament so far and after a scare in the quarter-finals, Ash is now in the semi-finals with his two rivals and an antagonist:
375px-Alola_League_semifinalists.png

Now that all the chumps have been weeded out and only the heavyweights remain, the tournament is finally getting really interesting. So it's time to bet!

There's already a bet being put in place in the thread linked above but so far, not many are joining in and the stakes don't seem to have been properly established. There's also a surprising lack of official entrants who believe Ash will lose. That's why I want to setup a bet of our own here, with stakes unique to this thread.

THE OPTIONS ARE THE FOLLOWING:
  • Ash will win the Alola Pokemon League (what I'm betting on)
  • Ash will lose the Alola Pokemon League
THE STAKES:

For me and me alone:

If I guessed wrong and "Ash will lose the Alola Pokemon League" is true, then...FOR EVERY SINGLE PERSON who bet correctly, I will wear the following avatar (or whatever else ends up being the final pick in that thread) for A MONTH:
9mgIVEs_d.jpg

I repeat, for every person who guesses correctly that Ash loses the league, I will wear this for a month (so two victors = 2 months, 10 victors = 10 months) but I'm capping it at 12mo/1year. Every additional winner past that adds 1 week to my punishment.

For people who incorrectly guess "Ash will win the Alola Pokemon League":
You will wear the avatar above (or whatever else replaces it in that thread) for 1 week.

For people who incorrectly guess "Ash will lose the Alola Pokemon League":
You have to read the manga Black Clover up to the most recent released chapter when the Alola Pokemon League is over, with no obligation to read past that point.

So these are the stakes. These are unique to this thread and not tied to the ones in the other Ash thread. Entering the bet here means nothing for the other side so you don't have to worry about another set of stakes.

What will you do? Do you believe in Ash Ketchum finally winning a Pokemon League? Have you lost all faith in Ash? Do you just want to add to my potential punishment?
If you want to enter, reply to this post or tag me and select your pick.
latest

-------------------------------------------------------
TEAM ASH WILL WIN:

Silfer (me)
Chase
TheTyrant
AgentLampshade
Blackleg-sanji1
Stunner911

TEAM ASH WILL LOSE:
@Abu

----------

Never bet on Ash, or in general for that matter.
I would bet but the Rebecca bet has scarred me for life
Bet!!
I stopped watching the anime, how bad is the Alola League?
On its own merit, it's not bad at all. It's an interesting setup and the fights are fun. It's just not the same kinda league as the previous ones since Alola as no gym system. So the previous matches didn't match up to the intensity of prior leagues. But now all the scrubs are out and the only ones who remain are the ones who've been actually taking battling seriously for the whole series.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I wouldn't say it's terrible or anything, just that I don't take it seriously, especially coming off of Kalos. This isn't the league win I envisioned.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I'd enter the league with a single Pidgey. Might not win, but people will be talking about the guy with the Pidgey that one year for generations.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Ash will get to the finals and it will be interrupted by some bullshit

I'm not betting by the way, my avatar stays

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yup.
Stunner911 look I get it. I was Rebecca'd too. Many of us were. But that was a long time ago and we gotta take brave little baby steps. So that we can become whole again. So that we can find purpose again. Sooner or later, you gotta move on...you gotta move on. Otherwise, we should've stayed Rebecca'd forever.
Ash will get to the finals and it will be interrupted by some bullshit

I'm not betting by the way, my avatar stays
That's fine. If you don't think he'll win and bet, it's not your avatar that's at stake anyway.

Last edited:

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
Yup.
Stunner911 look I get it. I was Rebecca'd too. Many of us were. But that was a long time ago and we gotta take brave little baby steps. So that we can become whole again. So that we can find purpose again. Sooner or later, you gotta move on...you gotta move on. Otherwise, we should've stayed Rebecca'd forever.

That's fine. If you don't think he'll one and bet, it's not your avatar that's at stake anyway.
My bet is ash will win

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
So ...

the official spelling of Raftel is actually Laught Tale in the movie

Thats interesting, i missed that point in the last leaks.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
The Rebecca bet has me scarred for life but Silfs got a point we can't let small misfortunes dictate our lives

put me down for ash ain't winning shit

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Rebecca bet has me scarred for life but Silfs got a point we can't let small misfortunes dictate our lives

put me down for ash ain't winning shit
Noted.

740full_death_note_screenshot.jpg

And finally the bet is made interesting because before Abu stepped up and all we had were you other "Never bet on Ash but never bet against him either" cowards, I basically had nothing to lose at all considering if no one bet against Ash, I wouldn't have had to wear the avatar even if he lost.

Here's how things stand so far:

TEAM ASH WILL WIN:
Silfer (me)
Chase
TheTyrant
AgentLampshade
Blackleg-sanji1
Stunner911

TEAM ASH WILL LOSE:
Abu

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
ayo what I thought the three dots you had under team lose before meant there were a lot of people betting against Ash and you didn't have enough time to write them all down

don't do me like this silfer i can't do this alone 😭😭

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
When is the episode btw?
We don't know yet but semi-finals start next week. Maybe those get done in one ep maybe not but we've got at least 2 weeks.
(And I would guess 4 weeks at most)
ayo what I thought the three dots you had under team lose before meant there were a lot of people betting against Ash and you didn't have enough time to write them all down

Too late. It's been noted!
Also it's fucking Ash. Relax

Really weird when you actually see it like that huh

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017

I'll change over if all I had to do was watch like the first 10 episodes of the anime Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
team ash is a loser gary rocks
This an official entry?
I'll change over if all I had to do was watch like the first 10 episodes of the anime Silfer
Nah, those 10 episodes suck and I wouldn't even subject anyone to that as punishment for a bet. And the point in part is to get people into Black Clover, which those 10 eps would be the absolute worst thing for.
Anyway, if I let you change sides, I'd have to let Abu too and I can't. Once you've been noted, you've been noted.

(Though incidentally, if 10 episodes = 3-4 hours then in that same amount time you'd actually get really far in the manga. It really is a surprisingly quick read and I've seen many catch up quick)

Oct 27, 2017

Silfer I'm not a big Pokemon guy but my the homie is and I heard some shit so put me down for him not winning alongside poor Abu

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
πŸ‘€πŸšΆπŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ
Thx for watching yaiba tho
I'm not even gonna act upset. You a real one for pushing that shit on me πŸ˜‚
Silfer I'm not a big Pokemon guy but my the homie is and I heard some shit so put me down for him not winning alongside poor Abu
πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™ŒπŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™ŒπŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™ŒπŸ½πŸ™πŸ½

Status
Not open for further replies.