• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Jack and those filler looking grunts bummed me out so much, I need Big Mom's crew to revitalize me fam, I'm counting on you.

Whatever the fuck this was.

gv4agi1pqdw11.png

Other elephants

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait is it a change..? maybe Oda has always intended for it to be this way, but we didn't know due to translation error
Not a real Oda change but a change for all translations pretty late in the game, you would think translators would have talked to oda or something before same with the reverie and mariejois situation.

Especially since Raftel was in some translations even Unicon for a while.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
This filler in the marine base near WCI was... dare I say it... good? It's just 3 eps and the three rookie marine guys had a pirate-y flavour to them, cool designs too (even if it doesn't explain what is up with the kid's Tetsuo-style giant arm, my head-canon is that he's a smile user but it's never stated or shown). I really liked it.

WCI time for realsies this time.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
No new opening (yet) for WCI is both surprising and disappointing.

edit: oh they do the "use the same opening but change the back half with new arc footage" thing they started doing in Dressrosa :/

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
This has a very Alice in Wonderland feel to it.

Also this dude from Gang Bege's crew looks like a Crocodile cosplayer.

LOLA!

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Nah, they dwarf Zunisha, unless we're assume they're much older. Look how much bigger they are compared to Thriller Bark.

Pretty sure we will never learn what these were and its not important. Earlier in the arc we were left to assume the stories about Florian Triangle were bullshit and that Moria was behind the dissapearings. The whole point of that was to show that there actually were mysterious Lovecraftian creatures that wreck the ships that enter. I don't think even Oda gave much thought into what they actually are

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Careful what you wish for (the actual new opening after Hope is bad).
I didn't care for Superpowers at first but then I started liking it cause I found the lyrics and the singing funny. Not sure if it's intentional but I had a good time regardless.
Though he's not even at Hope yet I think. WCI starts with We Can, switches to Hope and then to Superpowers.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure we will never learn what these were and its not important. Earlier in the arc we were left to assume the stories about Florian Triangle were bullshit and that Moria was behind the dissapearings. The whole point of that was to show that there actually were mysterious Lovecraftian creatures that wreck the ships that enter. I don't think even Oda gave much thought into what they actually are
You're probably right, but I wouldn't mind giant eldritch beings pop up towards the end of the manga.

What I'm saying is Oda should give us Dagon and Cthulhu.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
You're probably right, but I wouldn't mind giant eldritch beings pop up towards the end of the manga.

What I'm saying is Oda should give us Dagon and Cthulhu.

What about a Cthulhu mythical zoan fruit ?

I wish Oda would have went all out with the mythical/ancient zoans with Kaido's crew instead of everyone being a dinosaur or having animal parts in random places

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Den Den Mushi ship :o

Yonji looks dope. Y'all are crazy for not liking the Power Ran...err... Germa 66.

Ooooh Reiju.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Oh WCI is another big one, 107 eps.

Oh wait that includes the reverie apparently, guess it's not counted as it's own arc?

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
yoooooo forgot about reverie ever happening. all i remember is the big hat and shanks

also when's the chapter coming out? i hate waiting 😤

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I still remember all of the theories about the Vinsmokes when they were first named. I do recall many people thinking they'd be this cool assassins dressed with suits (like Sanji) lol.

Those chapters were a ride to me as a Sanji boy, I was in disbelief Oda was actually fleshing his background out so late in the game even if there were hints here and there about there being more to him than initially presented (I guess I never thought that shit would take centerstage on BM's own arc).

Fuck the Vinsmokes anyways (Reiju and Sora are cool).
I didn't care for Superpowers at first but then I started liking it cause I found the lyrics and the singing funny. Not sure if it's intentional but I had a good time regardless.
Though he's not even at Hope yet I think. WCI starts with We Can, switches to Hope and then to Superpowers.
To be fair, I watch the anime only very occasionally, so I wasn't really able to give Superpowers a chance :B

And my mistake, I haven't checked his latest posts (or the thread lately really :/) and I thought he was already with Hope, which I got so used to that for me it might was well have been the only WCI opening lol.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Random thing but I recently caught up on the manga Jujutsu Kaisen and the way chapters are named in that, basically "Arc X Part Y", made me realize how impressive it is that manga authors have to come up with new titles every week. Never gave it much thought before but in the case of this series it's even more impressive considering there'll be more than a 1000 chapters and presumably no repeated names.

Oh look it's Reyes Waifu

Also, Nami's best post-timeskip look BY FAR

tumblr_oyaw94yamO1vbwog6o1_1280.jpg
All of Nami's best TS looks come from WCI. And this isn't even her best look from the arc.
I still remember all of the theories about the Vinsmokes when they were first named. I do recall many people thinking they'd be this cool assassins dressed with suits (like Sanji) lol.
Lol that's how I pictured them at first too

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So I take it Pudding's turn was actually surprising at the time since she just seems like the typical "Oda side character helpful girl that befriends the crew"

Status
Not open for further replies.