• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Honestly, the Avengers game doesn't look half bad, I don't really get the exacerbated hate.

Like, yeah, the character designs are bad, as in your typical "we couldn't get the actual faces, so we're just making them look incredibly bland, off and symmetric while looking relatively similar to the actual thing" (which would be solved had they gone for less MCU-based look).

And, yeah, the combat seems to be nothing to write home about, but I mean, it's the literal prologue and a tutorial at that (and we haven't seen all of the playable characters, as it seems we might have quite a lot of them). 2018's Spider-Man didn't precisely have the most complex combat, but it was really enjoyable (the missions, characters and plot... well, I'm in the minority there I think, but I didn't really care about any of those. Some things I found just too ridiculous tbh).

I could be wrong and the whole game be like that, but I think this is like the Jedi game: they just aren't showing what they need to show. Apparently, this game is going to feature pretty big settings and stuff like that, so I don't expect the linearity to be that present.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
HarshElementaryBarb-size_restricted.gif

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
The gaming place in here is majority very negative about everything, with exception about very specific games and/or companies.
Yeah, it's getting insane, there's no fucking nuance. We really need more [READ STAFF POST] threads lol.
Avengers is fine just let me play Kamala Khan as soon as possible
Iirc there was a rumour before the E3 presentation (which I think was proven correct or mostly correct?) saying that she was one of the biggest characters of the game, at least during the early stages. Which makes sense seeing as she's featured in the demo and is the narrator.

Really interested in seeing her gameplay tbh.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Unless she has a double turn coming, the fuck are some of y'all doing lumping Reiju in with the other Vinsmokes? Flashback+current actions she is 100% a good guy.

Unless you pull the "well she's still a Vinsmoke so she's an assassin" card to which I'll pull the "so was Robin" card :p

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the Avengers game doesn't look half bad, I don't really get the exacerbated hate.

Like, yeah, the character designs are bad, as in your typical "we couldn't get the actual faces, so we're just making them look incredibly bland, off and symmetric while looking relatively similar to the actual thing" (which would be solved had they gone for less MCU-based look).

And, yeah, the combat seems to be nothing to write home about, but I mean, it's the literal prologue and a tutorial at that (and we haven't seen all of the playable characters, as it seems we might have quite a lot of them). 2018's Spider-Man didn't precisely have the most complex combat, but it was really enjoyable (the missions, characters and plot... well, I'm in the minority there I think, but I didn't really care about any of those. Some things I found just too ridiculous tbh).

I could be wrong and the whole game be like that, but I think this is like the Jedi game: they just aren't showing what they need to show. Apparently, this game is going to feature pretty big settings and stuff like that, so I don't expect the linearity to be that present.

Didn't know people hated it. I just watched the demo and as indifferent as I am to it, it seemed like the kind of thing that will be well-liked. Doesn't look like it's for me though.

The gaming place in here is majority very negative about everything, with exception about very specific games and/or companies.
Yeah I've gotten this impression in the past too. It's why I basically only spend time in threads like this, where on paper at least you like the thing if you're coming to talk about it.

Unless she has a double turn coming, the fuck are some of y'all doing lumping Reiju in with the other Vinsmokes? Flashback+current actions she is 100% a good guy.

Unless you pull the "well she's still a Vinsmoke so she's an assassin" card to which I'll pull the "so was Robin" card :p
Sometimes characters get written off based on their intro, regardless of what comes next.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's more about some people thinking she's bland than thinking she's evil/an asshole

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Only true WCI waifu is Cosette.

Even if Sanji couldn't protect that smile.

Didn't know people hated it. I just watched the demo and as indifferent as I am to it, it seemed like the kind of thing that will be well-liked. Doesn't look like it's for me though.
I don't know about straight up hate, but those are the kinds of threads you feel like avoiding even if you're a tiny bit interested in the game because a circle jerk of the same opinions. Especially since I don't see anything egregiously bad about what they showed so far. It's just bland at worst, but I mean, it's the literal tutorial. I guess that's on S-E's marketing team, though.

I'm as well not terribly excited either (I'm very wary even if I want to be optimistic because a good Avengers game could be glorious), but yep.

It has nothing to do with that, Blackbeard is one of the best characters in the show and he is ultimately responsible not only for Ace's and Whitebeards death but alot of other shit.

She is just a boring character and this extends to the rest of the brothers, for the arc as a whole the Vinsmokes to me were the weakest aspects of of the arc.

The brothers are worse they three are pretty much interchangeable for the most part just with Niji being the worst because he beat Cosette just to get back at Sanji but for an arc that is filled with great female representation, handling, characterization, stories, etc after the disaster that was Dressrosa with female characters Reiju doesn't match but the worst on is Cosette mostly since she is seemingly just used to spur Sanji and doesn't come back which is bad.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Lol Brook actually got the road poneglyph copy, he's in the running for arc MVP tbh :)

He's so nonchalant about it too >_<

Wait wait wait... is Gang Bege planning a coup? Did the plot just thicken fam? :o

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yooooooooo these new costumes for Luffy Nami and Brook aren't suits for a wedding, they are fucking gangster suits because of a Bege alliance? Yooooooo Lotus

Btw its cracking me up that Jinbei keeps including Brulee and the train guy as part of their "10 man group" lol

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So Praline and Chiffon are cool with a plan to whack their mom? Not the closest family it seems.

Adam Wong Nami whew.

How do you not put Jinbei in a dope ass suit Oda wtf?

Edit: lol fucking Ceaser's new look. Who ever said he is the post-timeskip Buggy was spot on.

Last edited:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I do like watching a good trainwreck, bad habit that i should stop wasting time on.
But i can't look away

Status
Not open for further replies.