• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
This chapter was mad hype. I gotta see what the sword that wounded Kaido is like.

Oct 25, 2017
Really good chapter. I like Onimaru. He's a good boy.
I'm guessing Enma is one of the 12 Supreme Grade Swords. We only know of three of those right now (Mihawk's sword, Whitebeard's naginata, Kitetsu I). Being able to cut Kaido makes it sound incredibly powerful. That and being named after the ruler of Hell.
I'm surprised there's a chapter next week. Meaning there's going to be a break in two weeks.

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing complaints that things are "too convenient" for the Straw Hats. In this case, they have all the weapons they need.
... Do these people think the Fire Festival is going to go their way? It's obviously going to fail.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to imagine Enma looking cooler than Shusui. Shusui is like peak coolness for katanas.

I'm wondering what this means for Kitetsu. I expected Zoro would upgrade that, but maybe not.

Oct 25, 2017
What Bege got going on with Thriller Bark? 🤔

So it seems Zoro will be involved in the battle against Kaido. I figured it would just be the top Supernova but it makes sense considering Zoro is part of that group too. I hope it looks cool!

And now with the fox being someone else, trust absolutely no appearances! I think Kaido is a dragon as well.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
don't blame funimation for One Piece's woes in america, blame the fans and Toei
Why the fans?
Man, we better get an epic flashback of Kaido taking out Wano in the past. I don't just wanna hear how it went down, I wanna see it.
There was one for Doffy so there'll probably be one here.
Feels weird that we got two potential swords for Zoro to use
Enma and the one Luffy had? What happened with the latter?

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 953:

Bege heading to Thriller Bark is interesting. Considering the last time we saw Gecko Moria and where he was, I'm guessing Bege won't have "as much" to worry about in regards to defenses.

Zoro's sword backstories have always been difficult for me to follow/get hyped about, so I don't really care too much about Zoro giving up "Shusui" if he does as long as he has three swords to fight with. That said Hiyori giving Zoro a blade that could cut Kaido is interesting in regards to One Piece's usual battle structure of one on one battles. The assumption is that Luffy will fight Kaido one on one, with Zoro fighting a different "Swordsman/hard to cut" opponent like Kyoshiro. But giving Zoro a blade that can specifically cut Kaido suggests that it will be used on Kaido at some point. Maybe Zoro will team up with Luffy against Kaido, or maybe it will be used to kill Kaido in the end since he's "immortal"?

The Kawamatsu and Onimaru + Gyukimaru backstory was good. The combination of why Onimaru guards the bridge + Kawamatsu trying to explain his intentions made it work well. I also like that Oda drew Onimaru and Gyukimaru's eyes/angry features in a similar fashion, so readers could connect that Onimaru and Gyukimaru were the same while reading the chapter even before getting other info leading to the same conclusion.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 953:

Bege heading to Thriller Bark is interesting. Considering the last time we saw Gecko Moria and where he was, I'm guessing Bege won't have "as much" to worry about in regards to defenses.

Zoro's sword backstories have always been difficult for me to follow/get hyped about, so I don't really care too much about Zoro giving up "Shusui" if he does as long as he has three swords to fight with. That said Hiyori giving Zoro a blade that could cut Kaido is interesting in regards to One Piece's usual battle structure of one on one battles. The assumption is that Luffy will fight Kaido one on one, with Zoro fighting a different "Swordsman/hard to cut" opponent like Kyoshiro. But giving Zoro a blade that can specifically cut Kaido suggests that it will be used on Kaido at some point. Maybe Zoro will team up with Luffy against Kaido, or maybe it will be used to kill Kaido in the end since he's "immortal"?

The Kawamatsu and Onimaru + Gyukimaru backstory was good. The combination of why Onimaru guards the bridge + Kawamatsu trying to explain his intentions made it work well. I also like that Oda drew Onimaru and Gyukimaru's eyes/angry features in a similar fashion, so readers could connect that Onimaru and Gyukimaru were the same while reading the chapter even before getting other info leading to the same conclusion.

The one on one rule only comes to the end of the fight .
It could be just like Don where people attack kaido early on and he hold some damage and luffy finish him off in the last part .

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Kawamatsu: "I came here to take care of something trivial awhile back"

Also Kawamatsu: "This is where I'm going to kill myself"

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
This chapter all but outright saying that maybe we've been looking at things wrong and the initial/final blow could be Captain Luffy and first commander of the Straw Hat Pirates Zoro chunking Kaido at some point. Amazing. Also, Bege looking for Thriller Bark looks like a means to explore whatever happened to Moria post meeting with Blackbeard.

That said Jesus Christ Roger was top decking all of the talent in the world it seems. Oden giving Kaido his first real scar, possessing Conquerors and becoming such a massive big shot in the region in the time after the voyage to Raftel is whoa.

Meanwhile, I'm *really* enjoying the story of Onimaru. Please don't let him die. :( (Small tangent: I can totally see him and Chopper having some cute/interesting interactions if they meet up.) Finally, Hiyori please let the man rock. You know what's better than rolling up with just Enma as a dragon wounding sword? Having him roll up with Shusui and Enma. Double the odds. :P

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was just looking at Rayleigh's wiki entry and did y'all realize he is 78 years old? It makes sense considering his generation but I never thought about it because...well look at him.
latest

I wanna look this good when I'm 78. Damn.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Credits to @amstramgraff on twitter, 3 months ago

So remember this color spread ? From chapter 937 (that introduced Gyukimaru btw)
latest

Zoom in a little :

QX0ATMb.jpg

You see those kanji in the bottom left of the map ? They look awfully similar to 閻魔. And guess what, that means Enma, the ruler of the world of the dead their judge. Notice the katana above too.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
It's hard to imagine Enma looking cooler than Shusui. Shusui is like peak coolness for katanas.

I'm wondering what this means for Kitetsu. I expected Zoro would upgrade that, but maybe not.

The thing is, the Kitetsu we saw wasn't even the strongest one. There's still a supreme grade version of that too out in the world. No way, we won't see that at some point. It would be weird for Zoro to just upgrade one tier like that since I imagine, all his swords by the end of this arc could be supreme grade. Wado, I feel, is gonna become a black blade after all.
What Bege got going on with Thriller Bark? 🤔

So it seems Zoro will be involved in the battle against Kaido. I figured it would just be the top Supernova but it makes sense considering Zoro is part of that group too. I hope it looks cool!

And now with the fox being someone else, trust absolutely no appearances! I think Kaido is a dragon as well.

It's looking more and more likely Kaido isn't human. The fact they showed his power off clear as day but never named a fruit is telling. Even Big Mom's fruit got revealed relatively early in her arc. He's either a yokai or oni in my opinion.
This chapter all but outright saying that maybe we've been looking at things wrong and the initial/final blow could be Captain Luffy and first commander of the Straw Hat Pirates Zoro chunking Kaido at some point. Amazing. Also, Bege looking for Thriller Bark looks like a means to explore whatever happened to Moria post meeting with Blackbeard.

That said Jesus Christ Roger was top decking all of the talent in the world it seems. Oden giving Kaido his first real scar, possessing Conquerors and becoming such a massive big shot in the region in the time after the voyage to Raftel is whoa.

Meanwhile, I'm *really* enjoying the story of Onimaru. Please don't let him die. :( (Small tangent: I can totally see him and Chopper having some cute/interesting interactions if they meet up.) Finally, Hiyori please let the man rock. You know what's better than rolling up with just Enma as a dragon wounding sword? Having him roll up with Shusui and Enma. Double the odds. :P

The more I think about, the more foreshadowing Punk Hazard seems to have been. When fighting the artificial dragon, Luffy dealt a major blow, but Zoro landed the killing strike as Robin and Ussop helped.

This arc has been giving major weight to Zoro's character. In a way, for him it's like Elbaf is to Ussop. I don't think they'd give so much focus on his anger to Orochi and stuff like this if all he ends up doing is taking out one of the commanders or Shogun's people and that's it.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, the Kitetsu we saw wasn't even the strongest one. There's still a supreme grade version of that too out in the world. No way, we won't see that at some point. It would be weird for Zoro to just upgrade one tier like that since I imagine, all his swords by the end of this arc could be supreme grade. Wado, I feel, is gonna become a black blade after all.

We already saw it, the Ghandi gorosei clearly has it.

Oct 26, 2017
That reminds me that we've literally only seen this guy once and he's no doubt gotta throw down at some point.

latest

Dude was the fleet admiral before Sengoku. No way is he a slouch.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only Big Mom can ride Zeus.

For now.

If she keeps Zeus she'll ride em eventually facts

Facts

That reminds me that we've literally only seen this guy once and he's no doubt gotta throw down at some point.

latest

Dude was the fleet admiral before Sengoku. No way is he a slouch.

I highly doubt he'll ever fight. He has like no screentime, and Akainu took his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.