• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Oda gonna do a Sopranos style ending leaving the fandom in shambles, showing to Kubo how to do the ultimate troll move.

Real talk, Sopranos ending is great. Oda could do it successfully.

Law

Oct 27, 2017

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I personally think I am going to cry not only for the emotional or satisfying end, but also because it means the end of OP, and the idea of not being able to read something new about OP is itself another reason to cry.

Same will be happy to see it end but also sad since OP has been such big part of life over the years .

Oct 25, 2017
Even though over the years One Piece has never actually been my favorite shonen, it's somehow the only one for which I've always been fully confident in having a truly great ending. The consistency overall that the series has had probably helps given that there's not a single point where I thought One Piece became worse than it was.

I hope when the anime ends they play this but with the full crew:

What's ya favorite shonen silfer. It feels weird to say it's second for never too now. I always thought this was ya first

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One Piece gonna play some happy ads song as we see a slide show of all their big triumphs and losses together and I'm going to cry
Man when they show Merry's funeral again, I'll be a mess
What's ya favorite shonen silfer. It feels weird to say it's second for never too now. I always thought this was ya first
My favorite is Hunter x Hunter 2011, then FMAB. Otherwise among ongoing stuff, right now I like Blue Exorcist, Dr. Stone, BC and Yaiba more.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I wish my favourite series could reach an ending like one day One Piece will. At least I can count on Oda to end it.

Silfer you should read the manga and come wait with the rest of us.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wish my favourite series could reach an ending like one day One Piece will. At least I can count on Oda to end it.

Silfer you should read the manga and come wait with the rest of us.
I'm more than content with the anime's ending for now haha. If the manga finishes and it's not looking like the anime could return, I'll read all of it. And I'm prepared to wait for as long as it takes. But while the manga's irregular serialization continues, I'd rather just stick with the anime. It works well as a self-contained story for me and I don't ever get tired of it.

I've got a similar plan with Berserk where I'm ready to jump in as soon as it's done, or I read some "Berserk enters final arc" article lol.
How's blue exorcist show it on hulu
Even though it's how I first got into it, I wouldn't recommend the anime as a entry point. The last third of the first season is an anime-original thing with a pretty bad ending. I'd just recommend the manga.

But if you really wanna start with the anime, watch the first 17 episodes of Season 1 then skip to Season 2 (which is faithful to the manga)

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
There are three strong contenders for how One Piece ends in my mind

1. The adventure continues ending

After everything is solved and all is said and done, Luffy and the crew basically ask themselves "what now?" And decide to keep on exploring. Maybe it'll happen after a short time skip where Luffy and the crew look fully "grown up" like the end of the Romance Dawn one shot. I'm sure Toei would salivate at this being the ending.

2. The cycle begins again

A more bittersweet end. The strawhats basically go the way of the Roger Pirates and Luffy is presumed dead and the other members scatter to the winds having completed their respective dreams and the final montage is them living their lives. Luffy probably shows up alive at the end to pass the strawhat on to a new kid

3. Combine A & B

Luffy and the strawhats continue their adventures but Luffy passes on the hat to a new kid

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more than content with the anime's ending for now haha. If the manga finishes and it's not looking like the anime could return, I'll read all of it. And I'm prepared to wait for as long as it takes. But while the manga's irregular serialization continues, I'd rather just stick with the anime. It works well as a self-contained story for me and I don't ever get tired of it.

I've got a similar plan with Berserk where I'm ready to jump in as soon as it's done, or I read some "Berserk enters final arc" article lol.

Think for berserk i will just stick to the manga .
My heart already break with last 2 seasons of what they call anime .( which i hardly watch)
Never thought a well known manga like berserk would get such shit anime in every fucking way .

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
There are three strong contenders for how One Piece ends in my mind

1. The adventure continues ending

After everything is solved and all is said and done, Luffy and the crew basically ask themselves "what now?" And decide to keep on exploring. Maybe it'll happen after a short time skip where Luffy and the crew look fully "grown up" like the end of the Romance Dawn one shot. I'm sure Toei would salivate at this being the ending.

I not going to lie getting some OP movies \ovas after it done would be great if they can get Oda on board lol.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

I've got a similar plan with Berserk where I'm ready to jump in as soon as it's done,

That's a good plan but I don't think the manga is ever gonna get finished. And the chances the anime is coming back are slim to none.

But hey let's hope I'm wrong.

Don't do it it's a trap

lol kinda, but I did say my favourite show ain't ever ending that's a big red flag.

Still there's some great stuff in there to read.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's a good plan but I don't think the manga is ever gonna get finished. And the chances the anime is coming back are slim to none.

But hey let's hope I'm wrong.
If the manga doesn't actually end and/or the anime doesn't come back, that's fine. I'm satisfied with and thankful for what I did get to see.
10 years max i give it depending on how this arc goes.
Yeah I was gonna say lol. With Oda saying he "wants" it to end in the next 5 years, for me it's ending within the next 10 max.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all won't hear from me for a few weeks when OP ends cuz I'll be sobbing non-stop.
You made me realize something else about the end of OP. what will happen with this community? will we still be alive?(lol) reading Op is important but coming here and reading or sharing ideas is also important, what will be of this community when OP ends?

Oct 26, 2017
The thing is that needs to be taken into consideration is how long One Piece has been running when talking about potential continuations. That's decades of the story right there. And depending on how it ends, there may not be a lot of options for some kind of sequel series.
It could be smart to focus on repackaging and retelling the original story closer to the manga version for a couple of years in other ways.

One of the problems with Boruto is that it came so soon after the Naruto manga ended. The community didn't have much time to settle down and digest the ending.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm sure there will still be new one piece stuff to talk about. Games, movies, hopefully publications of his journals please dear god, etc.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is that needs to be taken into consideration is how long One Piece has been running when talking about potential continuations. That's decades of the story right there. And depending on how it ends, there may not be a lot of options for some kind of sequel series.
It could be smart to focus on repackaging and retelling the original story closer to the manga version for a couple of years in other ways.

One of the problems with Boruto is that it came so soon after the Naruto manga ended. The community didn't have much time to settle down and digest the ending.

Is Boruto any good ?
Also is it cannon or just anime only thing ?
It seem so strange that a sequels to one of the biggest manga just seem dead in many ways .

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
You made me realize something else about the end of OP. what will happen with this community? will we still be alive?(lol) reading Op is important but coming here and reading or sharing ideas is also important, what will be of this community when OP ends?
If One Piece continues in the same way Boruto does I could see most of us still being into it for the thread to continue. Any other scenario thn that I would have to say the thread will eventually die down unfortunately.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

We'll talk about other things aside from OP

Oh wait, we already do that

Is Boruto any good ?

The anime is overall the epitome of mediocrity aside from that one glorious episode

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if there were a bunch of side story specials going for years after the main adventure

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can see there being an official "One Pace/One Piece Kai" once OP ends, and I'd like that so that there's a well-paced version of the full story with the dub instead of being too fast like the specials or too slow like the normal anime.

Is Boruto any good ?
Also is it cannon or just anime only thing ?
It seem so strange that a sequels to one of the biggest manga just seem dead in many ways .
Anime-only here, it's serviceable. Something I watch and mostly enjoy but I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend. Whether it's for you or not depends on what you want out of Naruto/shonen.

It's all "canon" in the sense that there is no longer one version put on a pedestal like with Naruto and most manga. From my understanding, the anime used to be the canon version of the story with the manga being the prototype but recent conversations in the OT suggest that now both just have their own timelines.
However if by "canon" you essentially mean "yo the main cast might die right now big shit going on" as a lot of the fanbase seems to define canon as, then a lot of it is not canon. Simply put, a lot of episodes involve stuff of little to no consequence happening and so "canon Boruto" feels like "filler Naruto" to people.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
LMAO well i guess i won't waste my time but what ep you talking about .
Episode 65. I'd say there's more than just that episode that is great but regardless, if you've seen the Boruto movie you're fine to watch this cause it's part of a re-telling of the movie.
Or if you've completed Naruto you're probably fine to watch this too. You get to see Naruto and Sasuke fight side by side and it's a great moment.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I think the more important question would be will this site still be around when one piece ends

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.