• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Garp actually doesn't give a shit about Sabo, he barely knows him. He was supposed to raise Ace and treated him like he treated his grandson.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Garp actually doesn't give a shit about Sabo, he barely knows him. He was supposed to raise Ace and treated him like he treated his grandson.
Yes, but I think he knows that if Sabo is captured it would lead straight to another Marineford-style situation, with Luffy going head-on against the government.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Anyone else think this is the end for Mihawk? I think the BB crew are about to take him out.
Mihawk isn't going anywhere until Zoro beats him, end of story.

Blackbeard is probably going after someone else anyway, there's no reason to think that his target is Mihawk specifically.

cHaotix

Oct 25, 2017
Mihawk isn't going anywhere until Zoro beats him, end of story.

Blackbeard is probably going after someone else anyway, there's no reason to think that his target is Mihawk specifically.

If I was BB, Mihawk would be the first guy I'd go after. He has no obligations preventing him from joining up like Boa, and is most likely the strongest of the Shichibukai since the beginning of the series. Buggy is lolworthy and Whitebeard Jr hates him.Obviously, Mihawk is too proud, strong, and independent to work under another. Shiryu gonna get that sword, dawg.

I thought it was bad storytelling when Zoro ended up getting sent to his island before the timeskip. It doesn't make sense to get trained by the guy you're trying to defeat in a shounen series. But defeating the guy that killed your mentor? Tell me that doesn't makes a lot more sense!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If I was BB, Mihawk would be the first guy I'd go after. He has no obligations preventing him from joining up like Boa, and is most likely the strongest of the Shichibukai since the beginning of the series. Buggy is lolworthy and Whitebeard Jr hates him. Shiryu gonna get that sword, dawg.

I thought it was bad storytelling when Zoro ended up getting sent to his island before the timeskip. It doesn't make sense to get trained by the guy you're trying to defeat in a shounen series. But defeating the guy that killed your mentor? Tell me that doesn't makes a lot more sense!
Why would they even go after Mihawk to begin with? He's not even a Devil Fruit user, they have no reason to pick a fight with someone like him.

Oda set up Zoro fighting Mihawk for the title of World's Strongest Swordsman like 900 chapters ago, it can't just not happen.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
If I was BB, Mihawk would be the first guy I'd go after. He has no obligations preventing him from joining up like Boa, and is most likely the strongest of the Shichibukai since the beginning of the series. Buggy is lolworthy and Whitebeard Jr hates him.Obviously, Mihawk is too proud, strong, and independent to work under another. Shiryu gonna get that sword, dawg.

i don't really see how it's bad writing for Zoro's character to have matured enough to swallow his pride and get trained by the man he swore to defeat for the sake of his friends

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
i don't really see how it's bad writing for Zoro's character to have matured enough to swallow his pride and get trained by the man he swore to defeat for the sake of his friends

Correct that was part of him showing his growth .
It's one thing all the SH have in common , while they have there own dreams they would go out of the way to save there crew.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I KNOW IM LATE BUT HOLY FUCKING SHIIIIIIT JUST READ THE CHAPTER ONE PIECE REAFFIRMING WHY ITS THE GOAT SHONEN

I don't even know where to start, first of all I guess I'll combine two things, SABO no way my man is fucking dead no way he got offscreened like that if it is death then its fake or wrong

But based on the dialogue from everyone else it seems more to me that he supposedly did something unthinkable, and here comes in the attempted assassination and Garp's line about Alabasta. Maybe Sabo has been framed for trying to kill Cobra or someone else of importance? (I will say Blackbeards line could imply death though but I feel the rest of the dialogue contradicts it a bit)

You can never be too sure with Oda so I'm very interested to see where this is going

Next DRAKE

This man been working with Koby all along spying for their anti-government force which is hype as fuck and has brought my interest in him much higher

WARLORDS!!!

Seeing them prepare to fight was really cool as they all get surrounded and Boa's line about the marines forgetting why they were made Warlords to start with was fucking hype I legit got chills

Also on this note MY CoO y'all did I not say yesterday that I couldn't wait for Mihawk and his abs to appear this chapter?!?!
(Granted I still have room to improve as his abs were obscured in his panel)

I really wonder what Weevil's role in the story will be now that he's no longer a warlord after not even getting to do anything yet

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
next time on one piece side stories, Coby has tea with Hancock while they talk about their love for their favorite rubber boi, somewhere far away Bart feels wistful as if someone is having a pleasant conversation about Luffy-senpai without him

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
So much stuff going on, I didn't expect it. Now we're probably going to get a lot of chapters dedicated to what the Shichibukai were doing, them vs the Marines and Luffy potentially helping Hancock and Sabo out. Honestly, that extends how long I figured this manga would be. I don't even know what's going to happen now.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Side note just finish watching black clover ep 100.
While the anime is not that good certain fights do look fucking great when they put time and budget into them .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Side note just finish watching black clover ep 100.
While the anime is not that good certain fights do look fucking great when they put time and budget into them .
i'd much rather it have consistently decent animation/art than mostly shit animation/art with the occasional looker

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Very true but for these long running shows without breaks that happens very often.
Hell it happen with OP anime and that base off the biggest manga in Japan much less black clover lol.
One Piece has the excuse of being a legacy show that started back in the day when seasonal anime for adaptations wasn't really a thing, Black Clover is just mishandled as fuck in general

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
One Piece has the excuse of being a legacy show that started back in the day when seasonal anime for adaptations wasn't really a thing, Black Clover is just mishandled as fuck in general
Seasonal anime for adaptations has been a around for a long ass time, the reasons for the constant weekly releases for anime were more popular were because it's a more consistent form of advertisment e.g you don't have the spikes and drops in manga volume sales like you get with seasonal anime if all goes well.

Animes are purely adverts so the difference between seasonal and not seasonal is the difference between running an advertising campaign for a few months in a year vs all year long. Of course the quality of advertisment campaign suffered as a result.

Last edited:

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

OP could go seasonal but if i remember right It won't happen because Toei would lose money on advertisement like Principate said.
Funny thing about Black clover is that it was never suppose to run this long and get extended more than once.
So i guess it making more money that way .

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
His mom was a part of Rox so I imagine whenever we get more information on them, he'll come into play.
Yeah, I'm assuming the important character here will be her; she seems like she has lived quite a lot. Actually, a bit lost when it comes to Rox too lol, as it's such a late-game addition and has so many big players potentially involved...

In any case, I still remember people being pissed as shit at Weevil's goofy design when he was first revealed lmao. A classic with Oda for sure (somehow subverted with Cracker and still present with badass-looking dudes like Katakuri).

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Gives me life. Was not expecting all this. Game has a lot of love put in. I'm so In
I've always wanted a DB RPG where I could fly on my own and see cities and all, so this is nice. I'm almost surprised we're getting the Buu saga honestly. I wonder if they'd do a Super game after this one.

I wanted CC2 to tackle World Seeker when it was first announced with no info, I've always liked them.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
It will be interesting so see who founded/leader of SWORD, because right now the top dogs don't seem to fit:

Sengoku: he was already the marine boss;
Kizaru: didn't hold back during Sabaody;
Akainu: don't know the situation in Wano and he wasn't as disappointed with WG during pre-skip;
Aokiji: respected Sengoku and was probably aware that he would be the choice in his sucession;
Fujitora and Greenbull: are new to the marines;

Who marine did rescue Drake during the Rosinante/Law flashback? Was it Tsuru? Maybe that marine would be the boss and Drake his protege.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

uGUjILE.png

So I'm still thinking about this time line from the Library of Ohara. According to this timeline, the news paper that was sent out and has details from chapter 956 and 925 discusses the following:

Sabo
Revolutionary Army vs Marines to rescue Kuma
Big Mom, Kaido and Luffy
The end of the Shichibukai

And of course Big News Morgans mentioning these as news paper headlines:

Assassination Attempt
Death
Results of the Conference

The big one for me is the Revolutionary Army fighting the Marines to rescue Kuma, as Blackbeard mentioned in 925. If this news was reported accurately, then my idea on the Sabo news can't be him trying to assassinate someone/doing something terrible as opposed to "dying/execution". A story wouldn't be made up on Sabo harming/kidnapping someone if Morgans got the Revolutionary Army attacking to rescue Kuma correct. The other reason I now think it's Sabo's "death" is because who would Sabo have done "something terrible" to? Everyone from the conference went home as normal/likely had no idea an attack even happened. And the Alabasta Kingdom info that Garp drops, in addition to the Conference ending as normal suggest that nothing happened to the Alabasta Kingdom or their representatives before the newspaper went out/Garps information is happening after the conference ended.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will be interesting so see who founded/leader of SWORD, because right now the top dogs don't seem to fit:

Sengoku: he was already the marine boss;
Kizaru: didn't hold back during Sabaody;
Akainu: don't know the situation in Wano and he wasn't as disappointed with WG during pre-skip;
Aokiji: respected Sengoku and was probably aware that he would be the choice in his sucession;
Fujitora and Greenbull: are new to the marines;

Who marine did rescue Drake during the Rosinante/Law flashback? Was it Tsuru? Maybe that marine would be the boss and Drake his protege.
I still think sengoku since corazon had a similar role and was involved with Drake

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
I would even take a fighting game if it was actually good. And also good looking.

I genuinely want this the most. I dunno, One Piece has such a crazy cast with cool powers, you need something with big variety and fighters are always good for that. I just hope whoever does this aren't lore bound so you can't have fun with stupid things. (Still mad at Arc about the reasons for no Tao Pai Pai or Bulma in mech)

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I still think sengoku since corazon had a similar role and was involved with Drake

I don't know, Sengoku didn't seem like the guy that makes "waves". He didn't when he was an Admiral during Ohara incident and it seems his Fleet Admiral time was the same.
I expect that if he was gonna make moves like this it would be in the open since he was in a position where he could moderatly oppose the WG.

Kizaru being the boss would be interesting, since of the 3 Admirals he's the only one so far that remains exactly the same. So him having his own "plan" would be some good development for his character. The most chill of the 3 actually being the one making the most interesting move.

So my prediction is Kizaru.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
>Wants to make a new One Piece Thread
>Remembers I still got a figurative Naruto Fighterz thread half way done that I haven't touch in half a year.

What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.