• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
you don't need to be a great fighter to join my crew, you only need to love adventure

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
new episode was worth it for this

vNg56ih.jpg

& brolic luffy

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Man if Cantaim loses his account, what even is the point anymore
Not gonna lie if I couldn't post in this OT afte chapters drop and chat with everyone about it. I would actually cool off on One Piece really hard haha. I know I don't post much on chapter releases about the chapter itself. But I always really enjoy the small conversations immensely.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the active conversation is either in spoilers, late at night when I'm tired from work, when I'm sleeping, or just after I wake up to a chapter everyone's already discussed. I live for the small talk.

Edit: see!

Last edited:

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah i rarely post these days but i always read everything in this thread. I wanted to post immediately after the chapter released but catching up to the thread took a few days with my limited time and the conversations kept going on 😂

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The latest episode really tested me pacing-wise lol. It was the first time I wondered if I shouldn't just watch One Pace instead. Still fun though.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
the one piece anime would benefit so much from being seasonal

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Episode gave us some Law and Bepo time, so all is forgiven.
Though Luffy and Urameshi(?) were falling out of the ring for a full minute gibbering the whole time. Shit was hilarious.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
the one piece anime would benefit so much from being seasonal
Yeah. As impossible as it seems, I wish they'd switch. Production-wise, it's clear they have no issues delivering very well made episodes consistently, presumably they have a good schedule but I don't know much about OP's production behind-the-scenes. But the pacing really hurts it.
But at least 20 years from now One Piece Kai - Wano arc will look great and be well paced.
You didn't like watching luffy stretch for 2 minutes and palm a fodder guy for 2 more?
What really got me was the focus Luffy almost falling out of the ring but not falling out for like 2-3 minutes.

Oct 25, 2017
It's sad cuz one piece deserves so much better. It's crazy to sit her and say dang this or that anime blows it out of the water when the popularity and money the series make be on a completely different level. I suppose that's the problem tho they can't stop and make it seasonal precisely because it makes A lot.
Ah well at least it's pretty now

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well at least One Piece has an excuse. It gets even more baffling to me as time goes by that Shueisha basically sacrificed BC and sent it out to suffer the same fate of non-stop eps when there are seasonal Jump shows from before BC like MHA/Soma/Haikyu that clearly worked well and everything else since BC has been seasonal too like TPN/WNL/Yaiba/Stone. Like why single out just BC lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least One Piece has an excuse. It gets even more baffling to me as time goes by that Shueisha basically sacrificed BC and sent it out to suffer the same fate of non-stop eps when there are seasonal Jump shows from before BC like MHA/Soma/Haikyu that clearly worked well and everything else since BC has been seasonal too like TPN/WNL/Yaiba/Stone. Like why single out just BC lmao.
That was so weird to me. Was BC doing better than everything else like that? Couldn't be right? Weird decision

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Studio Pierrot has a mandate to do two long-running shows at a time?
Now it's Boruto and Black Clover. Before they were doing Naruto and Bleach.

I doubt it's due to Black Clover "doing well". Compared to Yaiba and MHA it's just kind of... there. Granted, giving Asta that voice probably didn't do it any favors.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That was so weird to me. Was BC doing better than everything else like that? Couldn't be right? Weird decision
Not really. It's apparently more about time slots, which YonkouProd explains in a video here (should start at 4:15).

Basically in an interview, someone from Shueisha said it's because they wanted BC to have an evening time slot that could reach kids, like Naruto. And Pierrot/TV Tokyo had that so they gave BC to them. In the interview he was comparing it to Neverland, which is scarier and needs more detail so they gave it a late-night timeslot, which also tend to have better schedules too.

I don't know why BC is the "kid-friendly" one (especially with that last arc) to them but whatever.

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. It's apparently more about time slots, which YonkouProd explains in a video here (should start at 4:15).

Basically in an interview, someone from Shueisha said it's because they wanted BC to have an evening time slot that could reach kids, like Naruto. And Pierrot/TV Tokyo had that so they gave BC to them. In the interview he was comparing it to Neverland, which is scarier and needs more detail so they gave it a late-night timeslot, which also tend to have better schedules too.

I don't know why BC is the "kid-friendly" one (especially with that last arc) to them but whatever.
Thank you for explaining this
Maybe Studio Pierrot has a mandate to do two long-running shows at a time?
Now it's Boruto and Black Clover. Before they were doing Naruto and Bleach.

I doubt it's due to Black Clover "doing well". Compared to Yaiba and MHA it's just kind of... there. Granted, giving Asta that voice probably didn't do it any favors.
Idek what that's supposed to mean

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for explaining this
Happy to have someone else who can facepalm to this alongside me.
Idek what that's supposed to mean
Just that sales-wise, BC isn't the huge phenomenon that MHA is and Yaiba has become with its anime. Of course I wouldn't say that means it's "just there" lol and also it doesn't really relate to the idea of pre-anime sales which you asked about.
Its also about Staff retention too
Probably true on Pierrot's side when it comes to renewing it for year 2 and 3, yeah. Unless you mean it another way I didn't get.
Fun Fact: Black Clover inherited the production team of Twin Star Exorcist, which inherited the production team of Kingdom apparently. It's fun to trace the lineage of cursed Pierrot adaptations. (well Kingdom I didn't watch but I hear it was a weird production too). Different directors though, thankfully cause the BC director is great and really shines when given the time.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Do do we even have a pv for Soma season 4.

Can't wait for Asahi/soma in dumpster gifs

Oct 26, 2017
Episode 903 was fairly weak with boring padding and dragged-out moments that stuck too close to the manga.
It's a shame too because D'Art Studio animator Henry Thurlow worked on One Piece for the first time and his cut was pretty good.

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully, this won't be the only time we see his work on One Piece. It feels like the anime has been on auto-pilot after episode 900. Episode directors have been holding back for the last three episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.