• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
AgentLampshade right now (though edit in like the stampede into the gif)
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going Saturday. Getting that Dub goodness injected into my veins. With Popcorn and booze. ... Okay no booze, but my theater does sell alcohol.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all really making me sad I couldn't swing it for Stampede showing. I'm sure the NYC crowd would have been really fun too.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yeah, so my theater apparently only has the dub.

I walked out, complained to the manager, and he had no idea what I was talking about when I asked why it wasn't subbed. Ended up getting a refund, because fuck that, I paid to watch it on sub day, it says you should have it subbed on the goddamn poster hanging in the lobby.

Guess I'll have to wait until I can see it elsewhere then.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, so my theater apparently only has the dub.

I walked out, complained to the manager, and he had no idea what I was talking about when I asked why it wasn't subbed. Ended up getting a refund, because fuck that, I paid to watch it on sub day, it says you should have it subbed on the goddamn poster hanging in the lobby.

Guess I'll have to wait until I can see it elsewhere then.
Well that's super embarrassing of you.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Well that's super embarrassing of you.
Why? Because they didn't have the version of the movie that was advertised?

I payed to watch the movie, I have every right to want a refund because they didn't give me what was promised.

I generally do not like dubbed anime very much, is my opinion not valid?

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
When I get home I'll type up my thoughts... but yeah I was fucking blown away to be honest with y'all. Like that shit was CRAZY.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
There was a lot of love put into this one. I think I loved every minute of it. I did not think there were gonna stick the landing after a certain "event" happened...but they did. Those sons of bitches did it

Oct 26, 2017
My theater was packed. Saw a lot of Chopper hats and straw hats everywhere.

I also made some new friends to take about One Piece with irl. T_T

grand

Oct 25, 2017

I payed to watch the movie, I have every right to want a refund because they didn't give me what was promised.

You had every right to ask for a refund. But your attitude is kinda shitty. I know Funimation advertised specific days for the dub vs the sub, but that is not how movie theaters typically work. So I'm not surprised your theatre messed it up. They just ensure they are playing the right movie because nothing but limited anime runs care about dub vs sub. So it's not really crazy the manager didn't know what your were talking about, because why would they? (and you escalated that to the manager level? Geeze. They probably just sent a shift lead and told you it was a manager lol).

But ultimately, what did you lose? You would've still saw a great animated movie with a good story and great voice acting. Is a one day limited release really worth being outraged about just cuz it wasn't in a foreign language?

Like this should've been a non-story, not even worth an angry forum post. You asked for a refund, you got it, whatever. There's no outrage here. You won.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw a lot of Chopper hats and straw hats everywhere.

I saw a sole Chopper hat myself!

I wish I made an attempt to speak to some people, outside of this forum I have very rare opportunities to talk One Piece :(

My audience (including me) lost their minds multiple times

Bro my audience had this one dude that fluctuated from being hype and hilarious af to sometimes overdoing it way too much and being hella annoying. He was very loud. Overall, he added to the experience though, was honestly nice to have someone that hype for a One Piece movie

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit! Stampede was wild!
My audience (including me) lost their minds multiple times.

I'll go more in-depth tomorrow.
When I get home I'll type up my thoughts... but yeah I was fucking blown away to be honest with y'all. Like that shit was CRAZY.
There was a lot of love put into this one. I think I loved every minute of it. I did not think there were gonna stick the landing after a certain "event" happened...but they did. Those sons of bitches did it

So much fanservice!!!

Also what event, please everyone remember put any discussion in spoiler tags until the movie's run ends.

Actually, could someone make a Stampede OT lol

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
does funi usually put one piece movies on their service? i don't have time to go see it in theaters this time

grand

Oct 25, 2017
So how was Johnny Yong Basch as Sabo?

And what age rating would you give the film? I know it's officially unrated

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
STAMPEDE WAS AMAZING, I LOVE ONE PIECE!!!
This was my friends reaction. He was looking over at me a lot whenever something cool would happen, not knowing I'm stone faced for 99% of films I see lol.

Movie was alright, very bombastic and action heavy, but my favourite is still Gold. It's No. 2 on the OP movie scale though.

Saw it subbed, me and my friend didn't even think about it when we arrived at the theater and it said subbed, we were both like "oh shit does the other guy like dub or sub?" we would've been fine with either really.

So how was Johnny Yong Basch as Sabo?

And what age rating would you give the film? I know it's officially unrated
Uh, T for teen? Regular light PG. Some blood and lots of action but that's it. You'd think Robin and Nami weren't in the film cause there were 0 boobs or ass shots anywhere.

Oct 26, 2017

Did you ask the manager to replace your ticket with one for a subbed screening?
Wouldn't have hurt to try.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
You had every right to ask for a refund. But your attitude is kinda shitty. I know Funimation advertised specific days for the dub vs the sub, but that is not how movie theaters typically work. So I'm not surprised your theatre messed it up. They just ensure they are playing the right movie because nothing but limited anime runs care about dub vs sub. So it's not really crazy the manager didn't know what your were talking about, because why would they? (and you escalated that to the manager level? Geeze. They probably just sent a shift lead and told you it was a manager lol).

But ultimately, what did you lose? You would've still saw a great animated movie with a good story and great voice acting. Is a one day limited release really worth being outraged about just cuz it wasn't in a foreign language?

Like this should've been a non-story, not even worth an angry forum post. You asked for a refund, you got it, whatever. There's no outrage here. You won.
I didn't let it "escalate" to manager level, I just politely asked an employee if he knew anything about it, and he waved over whoever was in charge at the moment.

But whatever, I was annoyed because they didn't show what was advertised and felt like venting. I'm thinking about watching Film Gold in English to try and get myself used to the dub, and then I might go again next week when I'm not in a shitty mood.

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, T for teen? Regular light PG. Some blood and lots of action but that's it. You'd think Robin and Nami weren't in the film cause there were 0 boobs or ass shots anywhere.

Really now. Hmm, must be an attempt to appeal to China. I remember seeing a video comparing the original Film Gold and the Chinese Film Gold and the Chinese version censored a lot of tits and ass (both male and female)

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Did you ask the manager to replace your ticket with one for a subbed screening?
Wouldn't have hurt to try.
It didn't sound like they're doing subbed screenings at all at my theater, apparently they only got the dub.

I'm probably going to call the theater tomorrow and ask, just in case they did play the wrong audio by mistake and the guy I talked to didn't know anything about it.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, so no worse than regular One Piece?
I didn't let it "escalate" to manager level, I just politely asked an employee if he knew anything about it, and he waved over whoever was in charge at the moment.

But whatever, I was annoyed because they didn't show what was advertised and felt like venting. I'm thinking about watching Film Gold in English to try and get myself used to the dub, and then I might go again next week when I'm not in a shitty mood.
You should try the English dub. It's not the 90s anymore and the dub is really good. It's definitely worth the watch even if you prefer the Japanese sub overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.