• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter Schedule for 2019

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting the chapter schedule for the rest of the year, Morlas can you threadmark it please:

D58pQDWUcAAD66f.jpg:large

Last edited:

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This chapter was sooooo gooooood

I'll be honest, I completely forgot about Killer lol but man way to bring back that character

Oct 26, 2017
Mhm, that is the essence of a sword battle. Both swordsman shouldn't really be slicing and dicing each other over and over.
I do think however that people should keep in mind moving forward that unless the enemy has an obvious gimmick (Like for example, King being able to fly and his whole fire thing), Zoro's fights against "proper" swordsmen always have the possibility to end rather quickly once someone lands a decisive blow.
How many "proper" swordsman has Zoro fought though? It's definitely less than the gimmick ones.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
there are no captains in this thread, only straw hat grand fleet members

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
My crew are good people they'd only overthrow me if I crossed a line. Thankfully that won't happen as my God (Usopp) treats me right and guides me towards the light.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
there are no captains in this thread, only straw hat grand fleet members
Heck no we in it to win it. I'm making a whitebeard style crew. We a family in this new crew. you only get kicked out if you do harm to your fellow members. Our rules on tags are simple as well. First to get one gets to keep it. No back stabbing and dming mods to claim it for yourself. Same with OT's.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Heck no we in it to win it. I'm making a whitebeard style crew. We a family in this new crew. you only get kicked out if you do harm to your fellow members. Our rules on tags are simple as well. First to get one gets to keep it. No back stabbing and dming mods to claim it for yourself. Same with OT's.
....no.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How many "proper" swordsman has Zoro fought though? It's definitely less than the gimmick ones.

I'm not saying its happened a bunch of times (Only Ryuma really comes to mind, there's also Mihawk but he's too OP), just that that is the logic we've been asked to consider as a possibility since Thriller Bark. Brook's words have always stuck with me, where he said that because Zoro and Ryuma had similar strength, the match would be a quick one. It's a mix of what he said and a bit of headcanon I suppose lol

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying its happened a bunch of times (Only Ryuma really comes to mind, there's also Mihawk but he's too OP), just that that is the logic we've been asked to consider as a possibility since Thriller Bark. Brook's words have always stuck with me, where he said that because Zoro and Ryuma had similar strength, the match would be a quick one. It's a mix of what he said and a bit of headcanon I suppose lol
Brook's shadow probably made Ryuma weaker than he was in life too

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This chapter as awesome, didnt expect the Killer twist, Queen continues being the best villain of the arc

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Sanji is better than Gohan though.

Lots of characters are better than Gohan to be fair.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Remember this classic:
www.resetera.com

sanji from One Piece is becoming the gohan of One Piece

i finally know now, what being a gohan fan feels like... AND IT FUCKING SUCKS The WCI arc was supposed to be the arc of where sanji truly shines, or that's what most of us believed turned out, oda (the author of the manga) straight up hates the character, he doesn't waste a goddamn panel to...
Lmao I actually forgot about that thread. Think I'm gonna re read it for the salt

Before I forget I've been meaning to ask the thread. Now that we are a few more chapters into Wano. How are y'all enjoying it? What things would you like to see happen in the future? Oh and what things do you not want to see?

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Before I forget I've been meaning to ask the thread. Now that we are a few more chapters into Wano. How are y'all enjoying it? What things would you like to see happen in the future? Oh and what things do you not want to see?
I am loving it for the most part. There have been a couple of dull chapters here and there, but overall I think it has been pretty great. I still have problems with the whole Big Mom amnesia thing, but I'll wait to see how it goes. I am hoping the rest of the crew gets more involved and have some moments to shine

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oh wow, Killer jobbed super hard to Zoro and we didn't even realize it until now lol. I wonder if going crazy made him any weaker than he would normally be. I do feel pretty bad for him and Kidd though, I like that their crew seems pretty tightly knit.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, Killer jobbed super hard to Zoro and we didn't even realize it until now lol. I wonder if going crazy made him any weaker than he would normally be. I do feel pretty bad for him and Kidd though, I like that their crew seems pretty tightly knit.
Oh Killer almost definitely wasn't fighting at 100%, not that I would expect him to beat Zoro normally either, but It probably wouldn't have been as fast of a defeat though.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the whole, "Kidd's bounty is higher cause he doesn't mind killing innocent people." is just propaganda by the WG. They actually do seem more noble than initially thought maybe with a bit of edge but it's not like Law wasn't already like that.

Makes you wonder how his beef with Shanks started.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the last one we got was Ryuuma, or maybe Kaku since that was longer. I've been wishing for an awesome one like that since -_-

I wonder if the whole, "Kidd's bounty is higher cause he doesn't mind killing innocent people." is just propaganda by the WG. They actually do seem more noble than initially thought maybe with a bit of edge but it's not like Law wasn't already like that.

Nah, there's a difference between caring for your crew and still being a menace to society. Remember his crew crucified people. That wasn't propaganda. We saw it. It's like the Spiders from HxH

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know about that, when they first entered NW the first thing they done was crucified some pirates. Also Kidd mentioned that Killer beat people to the brink of death for laughing at him in this chapter.
I don't think that was just WG propaganda.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I am loving it for the most part. There have been a couple of dull chapters here and there, but overall I think it has been pretty great. I still have problems with the whole Big Mom amnesia thing, but I'll wait to see how it goes. I am hoping the rest of the crew gets more involved and have some moments to shine
I feel like the amnesia is gonna play a part for when Kaido and Big Mom meet. Don't know exactly how though.

Also I don't think Kidd's reputation is solely due to WG propaganda. His second in command is a guy called killer lol.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
decis7sh3ujc.gif

I absolutely did not see that Killer twist coming, goddamn. It's wild how all these past few chapters had huge "WTF" moments that raise the stakes higher and higher (which is also noticable because of the tone shifting to be more serious).

It seems that Oda is almost done with moving all the pieces across the chessboard and that we are about to witness the begin of the inevitable escalation.

And from how things look, Wano is a completely different beast compared to all the other arcs in terms of overall danger and high-risk combat scenarios. Like, this shit is filled with multiple key players involved ready to fuck shit up

This is far from over, whew

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
decis7sh3ujc.gif

I absolutely did not see that Killer twist coming, goddamn. It's wild how all these past few chapters had huge "WTF" moments that raise the stakes higher and higher (which is also noticable because of the tone shifting to be more serious).

It seems that Oda is almost done with moving all the pieces across the chessboard and that we are about to witness the begin of the inevitable escalation.

And from how things look, Wano is a completely different beast compared to all the other arcs in terms of overall danger and high-risk combat scenarios. Like, this shit is filled with multiple key players involved ready to fuck shit up

This is far from over, whew
Oda's editor wasn't kidding when he said this arc was gonna out class marineford.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt go as far to say this. The arc has been good but it didnt have the insane amount of big things happenning in a row that Marineford had....................yet
The way I see it we're kind of in the Impel Down period of an arc. Once everyone gathers on Onigashima, shit is going to be more Marineford-like I feel with nothing but action.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Oh absolutely

I imagine we'll see more "outside forces" joining the battle as well
Yup and I'm curious as to who will join up in the battle. This is the culmination of quite a few plot threads we've been seeing since the start of the new world. So I'm expecting at least a few more old faces to show up.

I wouldnt go as far to say this. The arc has been good but it didnt have the insane amount of big things happenning in a row that Marineford had....................yet
It's cause we still doing build up. Marineford was great but it hit the ground running with action right off the bat. Which was great but unfortunately it cost us getting to know more about whitebeards crew. Wano ain't gonna have that kind of problem.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
And we still got awhile until the Fire Festival starts.
Yep this is also being setup as a big deal. I'm guessing it'll be the climax to Act 3 or maybe even the entirety of Act 3 itself.

Right now stakes are huge. The Strawhats are about to get into some deep trouble and Luffy is likely going to get out of the prison thanks to Big Mom. Expecting a Strawhat reunion for the end of Act 2.

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt Onigashima is even going to be where the actual final conflict of Wano is held. I have a feeling that is going to be all island encompassing.

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt Onigashima is even going to be where the actual final conflict of Wano is held. I have a feeling that is going to be all island encompassing.
Pure chaos everywhere in Wano once shit hits the fan. I like it.

Killer wasn't in peak condition for sure. Physically nor mentally.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'm judging by all this future talk that the guy who was probably killer is killer and that's why Kid is so pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.