• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I think we can expect the story of One Piece to ramp up towards the endpoint after Wano based on how big Elbaf is

Unless Oda uses the recent Reverie revelations to completely reshape the landscape of the story

Conclusion of Wano will be massive. Maybe Marineford massive.

Doubt it will get that high, that year had the first half of One Piece ending, anime 10th anniversary, 10th movie with massive hype of it being done by Oda that in general better manga sales (industry is still good considering digital makes about 50% of Jump series volume sales and aren't reported)

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece's final volume sales will be interesting to see at least, that's for sure

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Is carrot a bunny lady or she has the bunny fruit?

The whole "animal people" (non devil fruit) thing is weird, is it like Dragonball where theres a pig dude and you just roll with it?

I ask because at the start of skypea (well jaya technically) there is that salvage monkey crew and that dude is either a actual talking gorilla... or a incredibly racist take and I dont want to think Oda would do that >_>

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
thought so, so theres animal people, but also animal fruits that turn people into...animal people. Thats weird :p

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
hot take: Chopper's facial design changed not because Oda got used to drawing him differently but that Chopper subtly altered his face as the days/months passed via his human human fruit but at such a rate that no one on his crew would notice

Oct 25, 2017
So Jump comes out early tomorrow (thanks to holidays), and of course it's an issue where One Piece is off.
At least this week doesn't feel super long. For some reason...

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Is carrot a bunny lady or she has the bunny fruit?

The whole "animal people" (non devil fruit) thing is weird, is it like Dragonball where theres a pig dude and you just roll with it?

I ask because at the start of skypea (well jaya technically) there is that salvage monkey crew and that dude is either a actual talking gorilla... or a incredibly racist take and I dont want to think Oda would do that >_>

There are a series of species that are sapient but not human. So far we know of:
Fishmen
Merfolk
Giants
Longarms
Snakenecks
Minks (animal-people)
With a very mysterious three-eye tribe recently introduced

They also can all interbreed, apparently.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There are a series of species that are sapient but not human. So far we know of:
Fishmen
Merfolk
Giants
Longarms
Snakenecks
Minks (animal-people)

Don't forget whatever the hell Morgans is, dwarves, and maaaaybe kappas

Oct 25, 2017
Fishmen
Merfolk
Giants
Longarms
Snakenecks
Minks (animal-people)

Don't forget Longlegs.

Don't forget whatever the hell Morgans is, dwarves, and maaaaybe kappas

I'm leaning towards Kawamatsu being a Fishman, but we'll see.

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all think those shady underworld peeps will ever be more important in the story? I say this coz I just saw 2 pictures side-by-side of in chapter 589, Luffy and Ace beating up these 2 rando thugs

Then in chapters 675 and 692, we see 2 people who have the same hat and headphone combo and one even seems to have a similar fluffy collar among the shadowed figures of the Underworld

My first thought was "big if true that's pretty cool"

I wonder if the Underworld will get more involved in the story in the future

Y'all think those shady underworld peeps will ever be more important in the story? I say this coz I just saw 2 pictures side-by-side of in chapter 589, Luffy and Ace beating up these 2 rando thugs

Then in chapters 675 and 692, we see 2 people who have the same hat and headphone combo and one even seems to have a similar fluffy collar among the shadowed figures of the Underworld

My first thought was "big if true that's pretty cool"

I wonder if the Underworld will get more involved in the story in the future

I think the underground is more so for lore and wolrd building, doubt they will play a significant role now that we are getting closer to the end

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Oda: Moria is a normal human he just has a shit sense of fashion

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
random question time:

have the strawhats suffered any crushing defeat post-timeskip? I'm talking Zoro vs Mihawk, first time meeting Aohkiji, Kuma at the end of Thriller Bark / Kuma at Saobody type crushing defeat.

Just a yes or no will suffice :)

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I read this is slightly better than usual?
It's as much as what volume 92 sold in 7 days+preorders, but in 4 days. But the last time a volume had 4 days of sales in its first week was for volume 87, and it sold 1.5M. Volume 75 also had a 4 days first week, and sold slightly less than 1.8M. So, there is still a decline, but not as steep as volume 92 made it look (Volume 92 was the first volume to not reach 2M copies sold before leaving the top 50 since volume 55. In fact, it still hasn't reached 2M copies to this day).
That is going to go off the charts and break every record in the book. If I remember right Marineford already did that, so the finale will be even crazier.
Records can be tricky because of the difference in the number of days of the first week, but currently, volume 66 holds the record for highest first week sales with a bit less than 2.3M in 5 days. Volume 67 holds the record for the highest first-print for any book with 4.05M copies. So while marineford was what started this trend of breaking records with every new volumes. It's currently the last Fishman Island volume/the first Punk Hazard volume that hold the big records.

Jktpnymonorel

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Been going on for like 3 years now
yikes
latest

Its a foregone conclusion, One Piece got its eyes on the Superman title

a year after this bloody thing finishes I bet it will surpass superman

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas