• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
This an official entry?

Nah, those 10 episodes suck and I wouldn't even subject anyone to that as punishment for a bet. And the point in part is to get people into Black Clover, which those 10 eps would be the absolute worst thing for.
Anyway, if I let you change sides, I'd have to let Abu too and I can't. Once you've been noted, you've been noted.

(Though incidentally, if 10 episodes = 3-4 hours then in that same amount time you'd actually get really far in the manga. It really is a surprisingly quick read and I've seen many catch up quick)
i already said earlier in this very thread that no i'm not betting my avatar stays

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Quoting the bet post for the new page
One Piece Era...it's betting time!

As you may know if you've been keeping up with current Pokemon events, Ash Ketchum is currently competing in the Alola Pokemon League. And three years after his defeat in the Kalos League final, some people, myself included, think that Ash is definitely winning the league this time.

It's been an fun tournament so far and after a scare in the quarter-finals, Ash is now in the semi-finals with his two rivals and an antagonist:
375px-Alola_League_semifinalists.png

Now that all the chumps have been weeded out and only the heavyweights remain, the tournament is finally getting really interesting. So it's time to bet!

There's already a bet being put in place in the thread linked above but so far, not many are joining in and the stakes don't seem to have been properly established. There's also a surprising lack of official entrants who believe Ash will lose. That's why I want to setup a bet of our own here, with stakes unique to this thread.

THE OPTIONS ARE THE FOLLOWING:
  • Ash will win the Alola Pokemon League (what I'm betting on)
  • Ash will lose the Alola Pokemon League
THE STAKES:

For me and me alone:

If I guessed wrong and "Ash will lose the Alola Pokemon League" is true, then...FOR EVERY SINGLE PERSON who bet correctly, I will wear the following avatar (or whatever else ends up being the final pick in that thread) for A MONTH:
9mgIVEs_d.jpg

I repeat, for every person who guesses correctly that Ash loses the league, I will wear this for a month (so two victors = 2 months, 10 victors = 10 months) but I'm capping it at 12mo/1year. Every additional winner past that adds 1 week to my punishment.

For people who incorrectly guess "Ash will win the Alola Pokemon League":
You will wear the avatar above (or whatever else replaces it in that thread) for 1 week.

For people who incorrectly guess "Ash will lose the Alola Pokemon League":
You have to read the manga Black Clover up to the most recent released chapter when the Alola Pokemon League is over, with no obligation to read past that point.

So these are the stakes. These are unique to this thread and not tied to the ones in the other Ash thread. Entering the bet here means nothing for the other side so you don't have to worry about another set of stakes.

What will you do? Do you believe in Ash Ketchum finally winning a Pokemon League? Have you lost all faith in Ash? Do you just want to add to my potential punishment?
If you want to enter, reply to this post or tag me and select your pick.
latest

-------------------------------------------------------
TEAM ASH WILL WIN:

Silfer (me)
Chase
TheTyrant
AgentLampshade
Blackleg-sanji1
Stunner911

TEAM ASH WILL LOSE:
Abu
TheBlackNamekian

(2 "Ash will lose" so far meaning I have to use the avatar above for 2 months if they get it right)
---------------------------------------------
i already said earlier in this very thread that no i'm not betting my avatar stays
And I already sai-
Your avatar ain't at stake if you bet against Ash 👀
Well, what he said.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Oh the narrator actually states the grand fleet will be a part of a major event yet to come... dat hype.

Oh Lucci, Kaku and Spandam in CP0? I guess you fail upwards in the world government :3

Lol at Barto's ship.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ooof that "only alive" Sanji poster must have launched a million theories back then huh?

New opening (yes we can) is another bust imo, these last few ones have been a bust :(

Seems there's a 4 episode filler mini-bar before Zou, those short ones are usually harmless at keasr

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
Ops, looks like I'm butting in the middle of something

Anyway, I came across something I thought would be interesting to share. See, I was mulling over a certain thought: what is it like to introduce people to One Piece with movie 6, Baron Omatsuri? I remember hearing anecdotes that it works well enough for people who've tried it but I have a feeling that people who get the most out of it are long-time fans. The fact that the movie is such a drastic departure in tone and style from the source material has to be something that only people who've grown familiar with the source material can fully appreciate
From there, my mind went to "what must it have been like for audiences at the time?"
Thinking on it, I decided to look up the release date just to get a feel for what kind of time it was. March of 2005. One Piece hadn't even celebrated 10 years yet. On a whim, I clicked over the search results' image tab. Holy shit.

Promo Posters

This is how they advertised the film? There's absolutely no hint where the story goes in here.
What about the trailers?

Well, aside from arguably the end of the full trailer, it seems like they intentionally avoid showcasing the stuff that's off the wall. Could it be that the marketing people engaged in intentional misdirection to make the impact of the film even more dramatic? For a film that's notable these days as wild and experimental in the context of the One Piece franchise, I find it fascinating; the idea that it was always intended to shock its intended audience.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Anyway, I came across something I thought would be interesting to share. See, I was mulling over a certain thought: what is it like to introduce people to One Piece with movie 6, Baron Omatsuri? I remember hearing anecdotes that it works well enough for people who've tried it but I have a feeling that people who get the most out of it are long-time fans. The fact that the movie is such a drastic departure in tone and style from the source material has to be something that only people who've grown familiar with the source material can fully appreciate
From there, my mind went to "what must it have been like for audiences at the time?"
Thinking on it, I decided to look up the release date just to get a feel for what kind of time it was. March of 2005. One Piece hadn't even celebrated 10 years yet. On a whim, I clicked over the search results' image tab. Holy shit.

Promo Posters

This is how they advertised the film? There's absolutely no hint where the story goes in here.
What about the trailers?

Well, aside from arguably the end of the full trailer, it seems like they intentionally avoid showcasing the stuff that's off the wall. Could it be that the marketing people engaged in intentional misdirection to make the impact of the film even more dramatic? For a film that's notable these days as wild and experimental in the context of the One Piece franchise, I find it fascinating; the idea that it was always intended to shock its intended audience.

Thank you for reminding me to watch this movie. I've been meaning to watch it for a while now because I really love the work the director has done on other projects. It's interesting to learn that the marketing wasn't exactly upfront about the tone but yeah shonen movies seem to always be sold on the fanservice and hype. I don't know if I'll consider it a good introduction to OP when I watch it but I've seen that sentiment elsewhere.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Promo Posters

What about the trailers?

That flower just reminds me of Flowey from Undertale nowadays lol

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Interesting to note that Luffy can still use his supreme king haki whilst unconscious. Kid! I wondered what happened to you. Wonder where Apoo and the other guy are then. Also beautiful faces from Franky, Robin and Usopp 😂

www.resetera.com

One Piece Whole Cake Island: So Sweet, So Rich, So Risky (Arc Analysis)

One Piece has been running for over 21 years now and even though we are close to the end game, we still have a good 8-10 years left for the series before Oda wraps it up. Through those 21 years we have had many a story arc with there own cast, themes and dynamics (some worse then others cough...

Remember once you are done with WCI read this thread

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Look I like Claude and all that but his beard looks terrible

Oct 27, 2017
I only just finished the main Spiderman story (its hard for me to want to finish story modes in good open world games) and I've only begun the first DLC story

Still barely touched the Red Dead story mode (but I play shit loads of the online with the squad)

Too many games bruh

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Law fucks off after Zou right? Gonna be weird not having him around, it's been awhile man.

Also, hai Carrot.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
You were all right about Kimetsu no Yaiba. Haven't felt the need to binge a show like this in so long. A new series to watch and Jump coming back, what a great week already.

oh, and the alola bet. I'm all in for Ash, but not enough to risk my avatar. You all have my sword though.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I like that people with smile fruit abilities are faulty in how they blend with their animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.