• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should betting be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yes, but no Rebecca avatars

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, and never talk to me or my son again

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don't even know what's going on here

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Betting is the devil

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
if a Toonami thread can exist, I don't see why a SJ one couldn't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thought you wuld like the post and did have one on Black Clover which is actually has alot introduced by Chapter 8:
> Asta and Yuna are introduced along with establishing there Spell Books (I know its no the in universe term but I'm shitty at spelling it) and there shared dream, past and experiences
> Soon after you get the Magic Knight Captains and meet the best character Yami, you learn about the other Magic knight groups
> Both join there respective Guilds and see the Black Bulls
> Magna is the first major one and we learn about Asta power to cut through magic and such
> Then we meet the main female Noel (second best character) and see her own struggles like she can't control her magic well
> Asta, Noel and Magna have the first real fight of the series as Magic Knights
Interesting to see it put like that. Also interesting to think about that in the context of the anime adaptation where by the equivalent Episode 4, Asta/Yuno only just arrive in the capital.
*sigh*
I was one step ahead of you...

maybe a Jump OT will only ever be in our dreams 😔
After all I put into it. Kinda salty. It seemed to be welcomed by others to.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to see it put like that. Also interesting to think about that in the context of the anime adaptation where by the equivalent Episode 4, Asta/Yuno only just arrive in the capital.
*sigh*

After all I put into it. Kinda salty. It seemed to be welcomed by others to.
I Pm'ed b dubs showing my support for the thread, dunno if it will help any but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There would probably be way more overlap with a SJ thread than a Toonami one.
Don't see how. They're both pretty similar situations. One is shonen focused and the other is more general. I'm personally way more interested in a SJ thread, especially one that promotes the official release, than the general manga thread that has a lot of stuff I don't care about and leaks.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
There would probably be way more overlap with a SJ thread than a Toonami one. A lot of those series already have their own threads as well with people reading the new chapters as they release.
b-dubs said there's 'already a manga thread', didn't mention anything about individual OTs.

There's an anime thread and a toonami thread, and certain anime get unique threads too like JoJo, AoT and Demon Slayer. Why can't there be a manga thread and a shonen jump thread? There are quite of few of us who frequent all the individual Jump OTs, would be much easier to discuss it all in one place.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There would probably be way more overlap with a SJ thread than a Toonami one. A lot of those series already have their own threads as well with people reading the new chapters as they release.

Many anime are discussed in the anime thread and in their own specific threads. Hell, some of those even end up on Toonami too having 3 threads where they can be discussed. There is overlap in all these things, I don't see why a Shonen Jump OT should be the line. Especially cause that place would've been different from the other threads in actually being somewhere you can stay in without fear of spoilers if you wait for the official release. I try to make one manga thread that doesn't break the site rules and that's the one where that admin doesn't look away. It's bullshit.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The SJ thread would have been about chapter discussions during the official release right? Because that's something that's been asked for and needed, some people avoid the Manga OT because of people discussing the SJ chapters early

It should done in the Hangout section, that way we would have had more time before getting locked

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is basically what happened

cfd2ce14a5a50893ce8a869a6ca796bd.jpg

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The SJ thread would have been about chapter discussions during the official release right? Because that's something that's been asked for and needed, some people avoid the Manga OT because of people discussing the SJ chapters early
YES!!!!! That was one of the rules I wrote about.
It should done in the Hangout section, that way we would have had more time before getting locked
Lmao. I heard we post OTs in Etc first to get more visibility. Should've been a tad sneakier I guess.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i honestly don't really see a need for a jump thread

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

I feel like you would have an easy time asking them make that a rule in the manga OT for series that have a simulpub. Right now the rule is to spoiler tag it and with series like One Piece people typically have their spoiler discussions in this thread.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i honestly don't really see a need for a jump thread
Perhaps you don't and that's fine but there are those of us who read and enjoy many of the series in Shonen Jump and see an appeal to it having its own thread. Like, it wasn't really given the chance to go anywhere but the few posts in there are supportive lol.

Think about how many times people have discussed SJ in general in this thread alone, whether be the current stuff or shitting on Naruto/Bleach/whatever it's time shit on. Look at how many times people have complained about off-topic shit (much of it SJ-related) in this thread. Look at how people in the manga thread have complained about the approach to leak discussions in the manga threads.

There are those who, whether through active participation or through being freed of off-topic nonsense they don't care for, would have appreciated a thread where those things can go into, where new rules can be made without having to change the habits in others.

just ignore it or don't click on it.
this tbh

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Yeah a WSJ thread that only allows discussions after the official release would be good. It's annoying having to duck the manga thread after the leaks.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
B-Dubs
Since you've clearly read my PM I sent after you asked to send moderation complaints privately and there is no answer despite me trying to keep this private, Imma be real damn clear and real damn public here.

Simply put, it's a BAD FUCKING LOOK for you to be not just a moderator but an administrator on this site that claims to have strict rules on piracy and do what you did to the SJ thread.

This is a site where piracy in general is frowned upon and people can get banned or threads can be closed for the mere suggestion that they've done it no matter the reasons or circumstances. We can see an example of it here in this thread with people reminiscing about emulation that you personally closed because it amounted to admission and/or advocating of piracy.

Yet you're the same admin who looks the other way on many manga threads whose foundations are built on this because of the history of late manga localizations. Not only that, you actively admit to piracy yourself weekly in these threads.

The time people brought up the hypocrisy in the way the site has handled manga piracy and the way discussion of illegal chapters has been normalized, you ducked out of the conversation. That's a bad look on its own, a worse one when we consider the thread linked above that you closed yourself. You are a hypocrite as an admin.

And now, I make one manga thread on this site where the rules of this site are actually respected, one thread that can legitimately be taken seriously on this front while not having to disrupt the rules and habits in other threads and that's the one thread you close? Because apparently, that one is redundant despite the clear support it's had and despite the fact that you didn't even give it a chance to settle in yet all these other threads normalizing discussion of illegally released material that those who prefer reading officially have to steer clear from are fine and you let those fly, actively partaking yourself? It's fine to be a hypocrite but it's not fine to have a thread about a particular magazine?

I'll say it again. It is a bad fucking look for you to do what you've done. It's hard to take you seriously as an administrator of this site.

If this is somehow bannable despite just wanting a thread for discussion of legally released material and despite me telling you this privately and you not responding, then whatever, you've already lost whatever credibility you had in my eyes anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
So is kaido whopping Luffy in the anime close right? next week maybe?

Not even close.
This week is Law vs Hawkins (likely extended as the preview only showed that)
Which means next week... might have the reunion with Kinemon?

EDIT: Double checked the titles. This week might just be Law vs Hawkins.
Next week is Romance Dawn.
Week after that is Luffy bringing the boat and food to the Leftovers.
Then after that is the reunion at Oden Castle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Silfer did kind of jump the gun there, 3 hours in the middle of the day isn't a long time to let someone respond to you on such a topic. Not everyone has gaps in their day where they can take the time to address something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.