• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Villain Cover

• Volume 21

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Volume 42

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Volume 77

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume 87

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i don't really go to other forums or watch any one piece or other battle shonen youtubers, so i don't really know the extent of it. resetera is the only anime community i interact with, so i couldn't say much about the fandom at large.

i just think it's fun to talk about

but yeah i understand the toxicity you are talking about in general

Yea it's just, even ignoring other fandoms, the OP Fandom alone would've gotten me jaded over this shit lol, it's gotten that bad these past few years. And it feels extra sad since One Piece is the kind of series where I'm suprised people put that much stock into it given how goofy it can be, among other things.

So yea, when people are saying it's annoying, if they're like me, they're probably speaking of first hand experience of places outside of ERA. Also, you brought up the issue of toxic people, and well, that's the other thing. Most people likely wouldn't view themselves that way. And yet, when you find yourself getting really into it, things can get pretty heated. I'm not immune to it myself lol

Anyways, this is a small community, so fortunately it's much harder for it to ever get that bad.

Oct 26, 2017
I literally couldn't care less for power scaling debates.
More power to people that enjoy it, but it gets exhausting because there's always someone taking it more seriously than the authors do.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Damn how you gonna disrespect Rebecca signature move
rebecca aint shit
Yea it's just, even ignoring other fandoms, the OP Fandom alone would've gotten me jaded over this shit lol, it's gotten that bad these past few years. And it feels extra sad since One Piece is the kind of series where I'm suprised people put that much stock into it given how goofy it can be, among other things.

So yea, when people are saying it's annoying, if they're like me, they're probably speaking of first hand experience of places outside of ERA. Also, you brought up the issue of toxic people, and well, that's the other thing. Most people likely wouldn't view themselves that way. And yet, when you find yourself getting really into it, things can get pretty heated. I'm not immune to it myself lol

Anyways, this is a small community, so fortunately it's much harder for it to ever get that bad.
i mean from my perspective it's kinda just interesting to talk about who's stronger than who and who could beat who in a fight

there are youtubers like seththeprogrammer (who i admittedly watch from time to time, although i don't watch any battle shonen youtuber regularly), who use like actual numbers and math and shit, and at that point it's going way too far and i'm like eh about it

but just spouting out hypotheticals about powers and battle situations is kinda fun. it is a shonen battle manga after all, and no matter who says battles aren't what matters try telling that to the editors at shueisha lol. we are meant to want to see fights and talk about fights in a battle manga, despite Oda offering more than that to us.

Oct 25, 2017
Besides what's gonna get better animation huh!? The exposition about what one piece is ? Or the fight over one piece!!?
Take that fight don't matter ppl

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Didn't a bunch of people here come from Narutofan forums and the OBD. It got childish very childish but it was never toxic.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
rebecca aint shit

i mean from my perspective it's kinda just interesting to talk about who's stronger than who and who could beat who in a fight

there are youtubers like seththeprogrammer (who i admittedly watch from time to time, although i don't watch any battle shonen youtuber regularly), who use like actual numbers and math and shit, and at that point it's going way too far and i'm like eh about it

but just spouting out hypotheticals about powers and battle situations is kinda fun. it is a shonen battle manga after all, and no matter who says battles aren't what matters try telling that to the editors at shueisha lol. we are meant to want to see fights and talk about fights in a battle manga, despite Oda offering more than that to us.

I'm talking more just being a dick to others, and treating certain characters like they're a sports team. (The deification of the Yonko, swapping out characters' first letter of their name with "L", etc.) For many, it never just stops at harmlessly ranking who's stronger than who.

Going all in-depth with numbers and stuff is more like being too nerdy about powerscaling, it's a different type of excessiveness that could actually be in good fun depending how it's presented. (i.e. the always entertaining Death Battle)

Anyways, I get why people do it. I more or less recently did just that with comparing Koby to Hancock. But I've definitely largely lost my desire to engage in it.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
The whole powerscaling thing went out of the window when people were getting mad about the strawhats not all dying instantly against Big Mom

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
If Shanks is killed by Teach it will probably be in the middle of a big battle that the Strawhats are involved in

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018

S5gvFEw.gif

0IW75X5.gif

srPOcBl.gif

DP96iaB.gif

xnLSTf2.gif

sJ9ibhI.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Well it is nice that we basically get all the series in Jump the same time as Japan... We get all the series in Jump. Including the utter trash.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I like power scaling debates, as long as people don't take them too seriously. They're supposed to be all in good fun.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
The only input I have on power-scaling debates is: If I see the word 'toxic' one more time, I'm installing an add-on to replace it with 'ice cream.'

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just saying, I've gotten pretty tired of how ice cream powerscaling debates are. I take solace in the fact that I can probably trust y'all to never get ice cream over stuff like that at least. But man, imagine if y'all were ice cream when it came to powerscaling, this OT would be a lot less appealing as a result.

Ice Cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.