• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Villain Cover

• Volume 21

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Volume 42

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Volume 77

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume 87

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
that and the prolonged clashes

The only one I'd really agree with was the very first, in how long it took for Luffy to put Kaido into the pavement with Elephant Gun. Everything else, meh, I'm used to it, not a big deal.

These effects were a little too much. Made it seem like genuine DBZ energy was coming out from them.

Now this I agree with. It's hype as fuck in isolation, but lol, it felt like Luffy was legit going "angry SSJ" at times the way the Haki came out of him.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
The only one I'd really agree with was the very first, in how long it took for Luffy to put Kaido into the pavement with Elephant Gun. Everything else, meh, I'm used to it, not a big deal.

Now this I agree with. It's hype as fuck in isolation, but lol, it felt like Luffy was legit going "angry SSJ" at times the way the Haki came out of him.
There's just too many of them. The first one was the worst offender for sure, even if it looked good

Oct 26, 2017
Blackleg when it comes to Toei

1324596542030_7713053.png

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
King's reaction cracked me up, but he does have a point. He still said it was hype, but it's funny.

LAND
SEA
OR
AIR

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Can someone tells me what chapter this is ? I'm getting pissed at the pacing and adaptation of the manga, Toei should really take a break and make things better, this episode was lit but I heard it doesn't even cover an entire chatper at all, what a joke...

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tells me what chapter this is ? I'm getting pissed at the pacing and adaptation of the manga, Toei should really take a break and make things better, this episode was lit but I heard it doesn't even cover an entire chatper at all, what a joke...
This episode covered the end of chapter 922 and the start of 923.
Edit: Beaten like...

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
unless toei starts doing long filler arcs we ain't ever getting good pacing in this anime

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest issue with Fishman Island is the antagonists are a bit weak overall

I mean that was the point, you can't have the Strawhats heavily struggle before they even make it to the New World

If you mean characterization wise, then yea that's fair, though I personally view Hody as one of the series' most memorable villains.

You haven't been reading the manga? Get on that

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Gonna have to explain this one, since Jinbei goes into the whole flashback to explain what happened and Nami forgiving him is given significant focus. How is it "brushed aside"?

I figured there'd be more explaination on Jinbei's side or even some disbelief from Nami that he'd allow someone that wants human/fishman relations bettered letting his former crewmate put humans under tyrannical dictatorship. I guess I expected a more meaty conversation.

MeteoraVII

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
Animators don't get paid enough to deal with these whiny powerscaling fanboys, man...

We just had the most well-animated and well-directed episode in the entire series since 405 and we're really gonna act like Luffy throwing a few extra punches (that do NOTHING to Kaido btw...) is Toei "ruining" the source material smh...

I'm done.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Animators don't get paid enough to deal with these whiny powerscaling fanboys, man...

We just had the most well-animated and well-directed episode in the entire series since 405 and we're really gonna act like Luffy throwing a few extra punches (that do NOTHING to Kaido btw...) is Toei "ruining" the source material smh...

I'm done.

it's nothing to do with ruining the source material or power scaling, i dont care if they change it, but the changes they make in regards to pacing are often times worse. they pad out action sequences with clashes that ruins the pacing of the fight and makes attacks seem like they have less impact. it's not that they are changing things, it's that they are adding action that doesn't improve the flow of the fight. They are just adding in extra frames of Luffy winding up his punches to pad out the scenes.

Imo the last part of the episode was the only good part, the last 5 - 7 minutes. That shit was awesome. The rest was padded to hell.

You wouldn't find anybody complaining if they changed the source material for the better. The episode is beautiful, both in art and animation and in a vacuum it's totally fine and there are few complaints from me, but they are artificially extending things that don't need to be extended so they can air One Piece continuously without filler or breaks.

The One Piece anime has added things for the better on occasion, but usually the pacing changes they make are far and away unnecessary (from a story telling perspective) and only serve to make the story move slower than it should. If they added in more characterization stuff instead of repeating frames or extending dialogue or whatever, stuff that was actually meaningful, that would be a different story.

In the end there is a reason people complain about it, even if it doesn't matter to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.