• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Villain Cover

• Volume 21

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Volume 42

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Volume 77

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume 87

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you're reading a volume, it's still just one instance of color followed by 200 black/white pages lol. I can understand color not being in someone's mind when they picture a series if their main interaction with it is black/white 99% of the time.

But what about color pages

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
But what about color pages
If you're reading a chapter with color pages, it's still just one instance of color followed by 19 black/white pages lol. I can understand color not being in someone's mind when they picture a series if their main interaction with it is black/white 95% of the time.

(Anecdotally, there is one example of color pages seemingly not having much of an effect on me with the series We Never Learn, where for 2 years I'd see color pages so presumably I knew a certain character's hair color but it still jumped out at me when the anime was announced and I saw her she had bright pink hair, which really doesn't match her personality btw)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you're reading a chapter with color pages, it's still just one instance of color followed by 19 black/white pages lol. I can understand color not being in someone's mind when they picture a series if their main interaction with it is black/white 95% of the time.

(Anecdotally, there is one example of color pages seemingly not having much of an effect on me with the series We Never Learn, where for 2 years I'd see color pages so presumably I knew a certain character's hair color but it still jumped out at me when the anime was announced and I saw her she had bright pink hair, which really doesn't match her personality btw)

But what about video games

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If your standards are too high for the anime, they're probably too high for licensed Bandai Namco anime cash grabs. I can understand color not being in someone's mind when they picture a series if their methods of interaction with it doesn't include such products.

I concede.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Oda told everyone before Wano started that the hair color would be wacky to go against the grain of how Japan is normally shown.

Lugia

Oct 27, 2017
We just got one of the best episodes in the series, and people are still complaining about the quality:(. Unless its demon slayer or movie quality anime some people will never be satisfied sadly.

Well it will never happen for the simple fact that its a weekly show, but despite that I think its best long running anime currently. Toei is doing a fantastic job with this arc, and lets not forget the best adapted arc in the series whole cake island, and wano will top it when its done.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer looks good to be sure but the first few episodes of the dub haven't really impressed me or shocked me in any way.

Besides the super cool water effect I'd say this year I was impressed visually with some of the things Fire Force did, another very pretty but fairly boring show.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The Emboar hate is understandable though regrettable. Third Fire/Fighting in a row. Not a game changer like Infernape. In the same gen that Speed Boost Blaziken showed up. I remember all the conversations like they were yesterday.

ANOTHER FIRE FIGHTING, WHY?
Why wasn't he Fire Dark?
Why do his stats suck compared to the other two?
and on, and on.

What he does have though is the easiest path through both B1/W1 and B2/W2. He's got the best movepool of the three starters in that gen by far with access to a huge variety of strong physical moves from lots of different types.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Charmander
Cybdaquil
Torchic
Chimchar
Tepig but he sucked
Chespin
Litten
Scorbunny
Oh we're doing starters for each gen?

Squirtle
Chikorita
Torchic (with Blaziken being my overall favorite Pokemon)
Turtwig
Oshawott (didn't actually play Gen 5 but I picked it in ORAS)
Chespin
Rowlet

Favorite starter lineups are Gens 3 and 4.

We just got one of the best episodes in the series, and people are still complaining about the quality:(. Unless its demon slayer or movie quality anime some people will never be satisfied sadly.

Well it will never happen for the simple fact that its a weekly show, but despite that I think its best long running anime currently. Toei is doing a fantastic job with this arc, and lets not forget the best adapted arc in the series whole cake island, and wano will top it when its done.
Are people down on the visual quality of the anime (assuming that's what you meant by quality)?
I haven't seen this week's episode yet but I'm very happy with how One Piece looks now. I don't even see seasonal shonen series as looking better honestly, or maybe the difference hasn't been big enough to matter but regardless, it's no longer in my mind. If there's anything I'd want OP to stop being long-running for, it'd be the pacing.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
The Emboar hate is understandable though regrettable. Third Fire/Fighting in a row. Not a game changer like Infernape. In the same gen that Speed Boost Blaziken showed up. I remember all the conversations like they were yesterday.

Why wasn't he Fire Dark?
and on, and on.

What he does have though is the easiest path through both B1/W1 and B2/W2. He's got the best movepool of the three starters in that gen by far with access to a huge variety of strong physical moves from lots of different types.
He's a sumo wrestler

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I was actually more ok with Emboar being Fire/Fighting then with Infernape, Emboar is at least a big wrestler, Infernape has always felt like discount Blaziken to me

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually more ok with Emboar being Fire/Fighting then with Infernape, Emboar is at least a big wrestler, Infernape has always felt like discount Blaziken to me
People gave Infernape a lot of shit for that stuff until they realized he was to that point the best starter made and then everyone started loving him.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

the problem with One Piece isn't the visuals. Since WCI, and especially since the style change for Wano, the show has looked good and even great at times. Toei seems to have a good idea of when to use good/great animation and when to cool it down.

the problem with the anime is, and has always been, the pacing, padding, long OPs, etc, etc

this wont change though unless One Piece goes seasonal, which will never happen since it's arguably Toei's most valuable property (the other being Dragon Ball), and they wouldnt willingly say goodbye to money by putting One Piece on a seasonal schedule.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Infernape is cooler than Blaziken tho

E: ayyy Reyes knows what's up
Incineroar is a pro wrestler and he got Fire/Dark. Also Emboar looks kinda like Pig Ganon.
Incineroar is meant to be a heel turn wrestler (although he's really a face tbh) so conceptually the dark typing makes sense for him

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
They need Pudding back in the series to get rid of the padding problem. Everytime you thought the pacing would go to hell near the end of WCI, bam, cut over to Pudding doing something amazing.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Why wasn't he Fire Dark?
and on, and on.

He should've been this badass boar

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Was Fire Force a success, I don't think the manga volumes really increased in sales, so I don't think it help out in that department?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Infernape is cooler than Blaziken tho
tumblr_ort2om3RzX1qi4iczo1_400.gif

Lugia

Oct 27, 2017
Oh we're doing starters for each gen?

Squirtle
Chikorita
Torchic (with Blaziken being my overall favorite Pokemon)
Turtwig
Oshawott (didn't actually play Gen 5 but I picked it in ORAS)
Chespin
Rowlet

Favorite starter lineups are Gens 3 and 4.

Are people down on the visual quality of the anime (assuming that's what you meant by quality)?
I haven't seen this week's episode yet but I'm very happy with how One Piece looks now. I don't even see seasonal shonen series as looking better honestly, or maybe the difference hasn't been big enough to matter but regardless, it's no longer in my mind. If there's anything I'd want OP to stop being long-running for, it'd be the pacing.

Not just the way it looks. The latest episode is one of the best directed episodes in the series, dircted by Aya Komaki. The characters acting (facial expressions), the atmosphere, and the dialogue. I feel more invested in Oden and nine scabbards story than when I read it in the manga. I recommend people to watch the latest episode, and please tell us what you think

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
R/S had plenty of other fire types.
D/P had Ponyta.

Torchic line learns shitty flying moves, okay fighting moves, and most of standard fire moves.
Chimchar line learns a ton of amazing moves of all types.

Before Speed Boost this wasn't even close to a contest on anything but looks, which Blaziken wins handily. Monferno is also a crime against humanity.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Blaziken will always be one of my favorite pokemon ever. So cool. He carried me through many playthroughs as a kid and i trained one competitively in gen 6.
And everyone was shook when he appeared for the first time out of nowhere in the anime before the gen 3 games were even out and then beat Ash's charizard.

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
Squirtle - Cyndaquil - Torchic (based af Blaziken; even more based af Mega Blaziken, dat redesign; see you sometime Flaming Chicken Cowboy ;___;) - [skipped Gen 4] - Snivy - Froakie (Greninja the goat; rip Ash-Ninja too) - Popplio - Scorbunny

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
So remember those SpongeBob One Piece figures that came out a bit ago? Well I got a text from my mom that the ones that I ordered have arrived! Gonna pick them up from my parents place next weekend!

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Blaziken will always be one of my favorite pokemon ever. So cool. He carried me through many playthroughs as a kid and i trained one competitively in gen 6.
And everyone was shook when he appeared for the first time out of nowhere in the anime before the gen 3 games were even out and then beat Ash's charizard.
I love Blaziken don't get me wrong. Ruby was basically my first pokemon game, and Blaziken was my first level 100 Pokémon. Damn child me spent so long grinding that dude

I love infernape just as much though that dude is cool af

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I hate Gen 4 with a passion. Gen 3 gets too much hate imo. It's a good gen. Never got the water hate.

Blaziken was hype, though I had the mystery gift Chikorita in X and Y i think it was, and Chikorita, Combusken, and Blaziken were constantly getting knocked out. Blaziken being shown in the Johto league was really hype.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Squirtle
Totodile
Treecko - Sceptile is my favourite mon
Chimchar
Oshawott
Chespin
Rowlett
Scorbunny

So overall 3 grass, 3 water and 2 fire.