• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Villain Cover

• Volume 21

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Volume 42

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Volume 77

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume 87

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I have a sick addiction to anime previews and Toei full ass spoilers episode titles.

Monster Chopper was probably the strongest Strawhat until Nightmare Luffy.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I mean monster chopper is still probably the 4th strongest straw hat physically so i don't know why he hasn't shown up much

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I have a sick addiction to anime previews and Toei full ass spoilers episode titles.

Monster Chopper was probably the strongest Strawhat until Nightmare Luffy.
Speaking of Monster Chopper, I really hope that isn't his "awakening" like a lot of people say. It should be quite a bit stronger if so. But judging by the Impel Down guards, Zoan Awakenings are boring as fuck so maybe it is.

Oct 26, 2017
The lurking legend thing referred to Rocks, whereas the greatest enemy the Strawhats have faced yet is referring to the Yonko alliance.
Yeah, I know that but Big Mom and Kaido working together has been hinted at multiple times to possibly be the resurrection of The Rocks Pirates in some shape or form.

I dunno, Rocks was made up of 3 of the last 4 emperors. We've only got 2 right now.

I could see Luffy and co beating the hell out of Kaido and forcing a retreat, with the defeat of Orochi being the end of the arc.

If Blackbeard shows up, then you sorta got a Rocks reunion lol

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know that but Big Mom and Kaido working together has been hinted at multiple times to possibly be the resurrection of The Rocks Pirates in some shape or form.

If Blackbeard shows up, then you sorta got a Rocks reunion lol
I'm just thinking, the image in the chapter showed 5 people going their separate ways. We know 3 of those 5 (Whitebeard, Kaido, Big Mom) but not the other two.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I could see Monster Chopper taking down Luffy. AT least where I'm at.

Gear 3 could probably fuck Monster Chopper up.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fairly obvious this arc is set up for both Big Mom and Kaido to fall. What do you all think "A war that will shake the fate of the world" could possibly mean otherwise?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Kaido will definitely go down this arc idk why some even question that. literally everything since Punk Hazard has been building towards their confrontation with Kaido.

Big Mom is a bit trickier...but I am hoping she goes down this arc as well. I know there are still a lot of people who think her final fight will be on Elbaf, but tbh I wouldn't really be a fan of Oda retreading the same villain for 3 different arcs. So I hope she is dealt with in Wano as well.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My one piece brethren what's happening

I am enjoying Pokemon.

It's fairly obvious this arc is set up for both Big Mom and Kaido to fall. What do you all think "A war that will shake the fate of the world" could possibly mean otherwise?

Almost forgot about that line

Anyone here remember the dumb "Meadows is Kaido" theory?

Yes.

Big Mom is a bit trickier...but I am hoping she goes down this arc as well. I know there are still a lot of people who think her final fight will be on Elbaf, but tbh I wouldn't really be a fan of Oda retreading the same villain for 3 different arcs. So I hope she is dealt with in Wano as well.

While I leave the door open for her being in Elbaf, I personally never thought it was for a final fight. Just her getting closure on the giant stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised at how much the anime expanded on the flashback. They almost showed Oden, and we heard Toki speak. She hasn't even been shown in the manga yet and she already has a voice for the anime.

New theory. Oden's Logbook does contain information about One Piece, but it's written in the Poneglyph language so only Robin will be able to read it. Remember, the people of Wano were the ones that crafted the Poneglyphs, so it's possible Oden knew the language too.

I liked Zenitsu better when his name was Cavendish.

Hahahahaha.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
I'm surprised at how much the anime expanded on the flashback. They almost showed Oden, and we heard Toki speak. She hasn't even been shown in the manga yet and she already has a voice for the anime.

New theory. Oden's Logbook does contain information about One Piece, but it's written in the Poneglyph language so only Robin will be able to read it. Remember, the people of Wano were the ones that crafted the Poneglyphs, so it's possible Oden knew the language too.

Hahahahaha.
I believe Toki had lines in the manga didn't she?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
secret agent man...secret agent man...i like it

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Luffy's "That was dirty Orochi" felt strange in the anime. It didn't seem like Kin'emon told the entire story to the SH for Luffy to have that reaction. In the manga, it was almost like a montage of the SH rollercoaster ride of emotions from hearing Oden stories (which we the readers didn't get to hear). In the anime, it just goes straight from Inuarashi's small story to then Kin'emon telling the SH that Oden died, which the SH already knew.

OP
OP
Reyes
From Oda's Instagram:
Vxejqzo.png

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I just spent 7 hours in the wild area doing raids with 3 buds. I have a level 70 Sizzlepod that my friends and I now affectionately call Sizzlegod. Holy shit Sword and Sheild are fun.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I like how the one panel drawing from Oda is the centerpiece for the next volume cover

Chopper's revenge for being left out of that one group shot in the prison

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say...I'm not a fan of how Nezuko is portrayed in Demon Slayer so far

Lugia

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently this week was One Piece related interview week, because we got an interview with a chief editor at Jump and a rep from Toei animation:

- There is a plan to adapt the cover stories into the anime, as well as the Ace & Law novels but Toei Animation right now is thinking and busy with Wano arc .

- Oda knew that Ace's death caused great sadness and influence, so he decided that the end of the story (the final war maybe) would be more sad .

- The anime staff enjoy choosing character designs such as skin color and hair because the author Oda does not interfere much, but the author Oda sometimes intervenes and rejects ideas in order to make the characters more wonderful.

- By the end of Wano we will have an understanding of what the One Piece is and we will see something related to it ( or even a part of the One Piece ) .

- Luffy will indeed fight Kaido and Big Mom in Wano and it will be the stuff of legends.

- He talked about the plan to end the series in 5 more years.

- Many changes are coming to the anime even more than the beginning of Wano and he talked about the designs of the anime.

- He hyped up Kaido vs Luffy in the anime ( the upcoming episode ) and he said that it wll be something grandiose.

Did they really have a youtuber as host. I find the way he speaks annoying tbh. I was hoping for a professional host.

Shout out the to the saudis out there for appreciating otaku culture in the gulf, and making these type of expos. Hopefully its yearly thing now.

Last edited:

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Here's a more accurate translation of yesterday interview from Sandman:

- Shimizu already knows what will happen in Wano arc and he says the ending of Wano arc will be "surprising"

- Shimizu also knows how ONE PIECE will end, but he says he'd like to refrain from spilling the beans since Oda would be mad at him.

- Oda said to Shimizu, "So many audience were moved at the story of Ace ('s death?), but I'm pretty sure that the ending of OP will be much more touching".
(He didn't use the word "sad", just neutral "touching")

- Heishi doesn't know the ending of OP. He adds that he doesn't want to know it soon since he is looking forward to what will happen in the future.

- Shimizu says Wano arc is a story where Luffy and others fight against Kaido and Big Mom.

Oda told Shimizu long ago. "When Wano arc is over, it means the ending of OP will be in sight."

- Anime staffs specify color schemes of characters, but Oda sometimes gives them an advice such as "Use more vivid color."

- The outfits of Straw Hats are hard to draw because of the patterns in traditional Japanese clothes, so anime staffs rely on CG.

- Shimizu says Oda is a mangaka who thinks manga and anime are different stuffs. Oda tells anime staffs not to feel too stressed.

- Oda cherishes his comrades, so he holds a home party 3-4 times per year. Shimizu says one of the main themes of OP is comrades/nakama.
(note: Oda already said in an interview with Bump of Chicken in 2003 that the main theme of OP is "comrades/nakama")

- Heishi says he has visited Taiwan, the United States and Europe as a guest in OP events. He feels the enthusiasm among Saudi Arabian fans seems like the greatest.

- Shimizu is impressed at the kindness of Saudi Arabian fans. When he entered a restroom, some people were waiting in line. They kindly told him to use the restroom first.

Status
Not open for further replies.