• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Villain Cover

• Volume 21

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Volume 42

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Volume 77

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume 87

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
boichi got some weird faces that's for sure, mostly the female ones

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
you know i was thinking. some writer should team up with kubo to do a monthly manga

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I read Burn the Witch again earlier today and would like to see Kubo in Jump again. I enjoy his artwork a lot.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
is that story about there being bad blood between him and jump true?
Well he returned to the magazine with Burn the Witch and his comments for that issue said he was happy to participate in the 50th anniversary celebration. So the most recent behavior I've seen from him suggests he doesn't have a big problem with Jump. Not on expert on him though.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Glad the holidays compelled Bishop to finally get a good Straw Hat on his avatar...

Last edited:

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Well he returned to the magazine with Burn the Witch and his comments for that issue said he was happy to participate in the 50th anniversary celebration. So the most recent behavior I've seen from him suggests he doesn't have a big problem with Jump. Not on expert on him though.
Who's a good writer he could team up with

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Who's a good writer he could team up with
I never got that far into Bleach so I haven't been scarred like many on this site seem to have been but I've never really thought he needs to team up with anyone. Though if what I've heard about him really just liking to draw mainly is true then maybe that'd be good for him.

That said, off the top of my head, Riichiro Inagaki seems to be building an impressive track record of working with prolific illustrators, with Yusuke Murata for Eyeshield 21 and now Boichi for Dr. Stone, so maybe he'll partner with Kubo next lol.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I never got that far into Bleach so I haven't been scarred like many on this site seem to have been but I've never really thought he needs to team up with anyone. Though if what I've heard about him really just liking to draw mainly is true then maybe that'd be good for him.

That said, off the top of my head, Riichiro Inagaki seems to be building an impressive track record of working with prolific illustrators, with Yusuke Murata for Eyeshield 21 and now Boichi for Dr. Stone, so maybe he'll partner with Kubo next lol.
I think togashi could be a good pairing for him, but he needs to finish HxH first :/

Oct 25, 2017
Boichi's art is definitely an acquired taste. Though he has gotten better about women's faces... mostly.
But when he draws action, it's dynamic and fluid and visually appealing.

We are now over a year without a Hunter x Hunter chapter. Part of me wonders if Togashi realizes he wrote himself into a corner with the 200 different plot lines going on, and needs a quick way out of it.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Togashi doesn't even like letting his assistants ink for him, apparently. He doesn't strike me as someone who feels comfortable letting someone handle all the art.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You know what crazy dream I've had? For Oda to be Art Director/Character Designer on an RPG once he's done with One Piece. Like Dragon Quest for Toriyama and the new Sakura Wars for Kubo. But it feels like Oda is just putting every kind of thing he wants to draw into One Piece so it's hard to ask more of him haha. Still, I'm very curious to see what, if anything, he does after One Piece is over.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
You know what crazy dream I've had? For Oda to be Art Director/Character Designer on an RPG once he's done with One Piece. Like Dragon Quest for Toriyama and the new Sakura Wars for Kubo. But it feels like Oda is just putting every kind of thing he wants to draw into One Piece so it's hard to ask more of him haha. Still, I'm very curious to see what, if anything, he does after One Piece is over.
Well Oda certainly likes designing characters. But I can't imagine a new IP would pay the type of money Oda would command to be character designer and I can't really think of an existing IP that lines up with Oda's style enough and would risk a big art shift.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
what would nami rather do, give up all her treasure, or marry sanji

Status
Not open for further replies.