• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Villain Cover

• Volume 21

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Volume 42

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Volume 77

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume 87

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
also does editing posts not update in real time lol? idk how i always get quoted with my original post before i edit them.
I think if you quote someone and it loads the quote in your post before the edit, it'll show as is and if it loads after the edit is made, it'll show the edited version. I've occasionally quoted posts only for them to appear differently in my text box.

Random thing I hate: When someone quotes me and that's when I notice a typo I made. I can go edit my post to correct but the typo is stuck there in that quote forever lol.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
damn the poll is neck and neck right now

I think if you quote someone and it loads the quote in your post before the edit, it'll show as is and if it loads after the edit is made, it'll show the edited version. I've occasionally quoted posts only for them to appear differently in my text box.

Random thing I hate: When someone quotes me and that's when I notice a typo I made. I can go edit my post to correct but the typo is stuck there in that quote forever lol.
its super annoying lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We don't bet anymore

giphy.gif

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Edelgard taking the number 1 spot as she should. Lysithea number 2 is also good.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
giphy.gif

Y'all know the deal. Back with more thoughts on One Piece! Put them in spoiler tags cause the shit is long, son.

SKY ISLAND SAGA
Jaya Arc

j_Jh6s.gif

Talked about it a bit before, but I really loved how this arc. It started a bit 50/50 for me, as I loved that Robin joined the crew but I wasn't really feeling Masira and the other monkey guys. I did appreciate the adventure aspect of them diving underwater for information, as I make my way through this series the more adventure like chapters pull me in more than the standard battle shonen stuff. Usually not the case for me so I find that pretty special. Anyway, the crew heads into Mock Town pretty quickly from there and the rest of the saga is fire.

I really like pirate towns, so I enjoyed Mock Town a lot. Funny that much of my enjoyment came from how I hated Bellamy, but I think he was a necessary evil. It was nice seeing Luffy and Zoro stick to their ideals, reminded me of when Shanks got his ass beat long ago doing the same thing. Blackbeard recognizing that they won that battle was interesting too. Matter of fact, everything about Blackbeard is intriguing. When I first saw him at the bar I thought he was a no name or at best fodder, but by the time they head to Skypeia that's obviously not the case. I'm getting ahead of myself, almost forgot about Montblanc and the stuff that happens on Jaya!

So the Strawhats go off to meet Montblanc Cricket and see if he knows how to get them to the Sky Island. Turns out he does, and he turns out to be a pretty nice guy as well. It was here that the monkey guys grew on me as they all partied with the Straw Hats. After seeing how evil Bellamy and his crew was, it was easy to like the guys helping out our main characters. I got a kick out of that bird and how it tried to use the forest to kill them, too. Cheeky little bugger.

Just as it looks like they'll be able to make it to Sky Island, Bellamy and his boys show up to cause more trouble. If there's one thing I hate it's jackasses who stomp on other people's dreams. Very much like Luffy in that regard, so you can believe I was ready for Bellamy to get his shit pushed in. As expected, Luffy did not disappoint. The best one hit K.O. in the series thus far(I feel like there's been a lot tbh so that's saying something)

With the story of Noland in their minds and a promise to ring a bell(Anybody else think Tales of Vesperia?) in their hearts, they set sail for the knock up stream. As awesome as Skypeia ended up being, I am a little salty they left just as things in the Blue Seas were getting interesting. Chapter 234 still has me shook - new Shichibukai's, seeing the World Government for the first time, and Blackbeard just straight up coming for the Strawhats- I need to see what happens! I thought for sure some of those strands would be picked up immediately, but nope.

I'm not too upset. They did have to take down a false god.

SKYPEIA ARC

e873c4664df5544a5b06dfff346ef89e878f5ed5r1-435-250_hq.gif

Aesthetically, Skypeia is my favorite island yet. I mean, how could it not be? It's a city in the sky! That's like a car that runs on water, man. I also feel like the exposition was handled really well in the first couple of chapters. Meeting Gan Fall, Conis, her dad, and finding out about the dials all felt organic. I love how Oda is staying consistent with the characters - Nami being the only one to know how to work a Waver makes sense and I feel like other writers would've given Luffy the natural skill to ride it because he's the MC. It might not be the best example, but I dig how despite being the strongest Strawhat the other crewmates all feel capable.

The arc has to get started, and before we know it the Strawhats are betrayed and forced to go through trials. I thought the arrival of Enel's lackeys and Conis' betrayal was excellently done. At this point we only know Enel from what others have said, and seeing how much control he has over everyone lets us know he's gonna be a tough cookie. That and the fact that he can just nuke you with a lightning bolt if you talk shit. Seriously, that's OP.

While I did enjoy the trials and had things just kept balloning in scope with the Shandians arriving and then Enel getting invovled himself, it felt really similar to the climax of the Alabasta Arc. There were more than enough differences that it did not feel like a complete retread, but at the same time....having one force rebelling against the ones in power with the Strawhats stuck in the middle is exactly what happened at the climax of the last saga. Even Conis arriving in town and convincing the sky peeps to run felt similar to Vivi trying to get the rebels and the guard to listen to her. I know it was a lot easier for Conis to persuade people, but still...

The fights were also similar but still enjoyable. I'm never gonna not love seeing Zoro wreck shit, and I did love his takedown of Ohm. Chopper and Robin's fights were great as well. Chopper stepping up to the plate was overdue, because honestly after Drum Island I thought he'd be fighting a lot more. Hope he continues fighting instead of running, leave that to Usopp. While Robin's fight was pretty much a stomp after she got clear of the ruins the hands are growing on me. Wonder how a conversation between her and Shigaraki from MHA would go.

Let's talk about Enel and the other side characters though. Enel stole the show, as every time he showed up on page I wondered who he was going to murk next. I really thought Sanji and Usopp were taken out for the rest of the arc when they got burned the first time. His plan was also sadistic and petty, which is great for a villain. I got a kick out of him laying the rules of the game and predicting how many would be left at the end of the three hours. That whole run of chapters was great, largely because of the arrival of the Shandians and Enel. Unlike last arc, I think the side characters were the MVPs here. With the exception of Luffy(who's always cool) and Robin(who just intrigues me) when I think about what happened I keep seeing Gan Fall saving Chopper and being a badass even in defeat. Or Wyper using reject on that tree to finally bring it down. Speaking of Wyper, guy used reject 3 times and his body didn't shatter. Put some respek on his name.

My favorite part of this whole saga might've been the Noland/Kalgara flashback. Seeing the two start to bond the way they did made me unexpectedly emotional. While it sucks they never got to reunite during their lifetime, seeing the whole story of how part of the island was launched into the sky and how the two never gave up on each other made me cheer even harder when Luffy kicked Enel's ass and rung the bell. I didn't like the Luffy vs. Enel fight as much as Luffy vs. Crocodile because I feel the pacing was off and therefore the fight didn't feel like that much of a priority, BUT that last moment was sublime. Plus, it looks like Enel escaped so I'm sure we'll see more of him.

All in all, another great saga. If Alabasta was a 9/10, Sky Island Saga is an 8/10. Feels a little too similar to Alabasta in places. However, I'll miss the island for sure. I'm ready to see what the World Government, Shichibukai's, Blackbeard, and Ace have been up to though!

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Y'all know the deal. Back with more thoughts on One Piece! Put them in spoiler tags cause the shit is long, son.

SKY ISLAND SAGA
Jaya Arc

j_Jh6s.gif

Talked about it a bit before, but I really loved how this arc. It started a bit 50/50 for me, as I loved that Robin joined the crew but I wasn't really feeling Masira and the other monkey guys. I did appreciate the adventure aspect of them diving underwater for information, as I make my way through this series the more adventure like chapters pull me in more than the standard battle shonen stuff. Usually not the case for me so I find that pretty special. Anyway, the crew heads into Mock Town pretty quickly from there and the rest of the saga is fire.

I really like pirate towns, so I enjoyed Mock Town a lot. Funny that much of my enjoyment came from how I hated Bellamy, but I think he was a necessary evil. It was nice seeing Luffy and Zoro stick to their ideals, reminded me of when Shanks got his ass beat long ago doing the same thing. Blackbeard recognizing that they won that battle was interesting too. Matter of fact, everything about Blackbeard is intriguing. When I first saw him at the bar I thought he was a no name or at best fodder, but by the time they head to Skypeia that's obviously not the case. I'm getting ahead of myself, almost forgot about Montblanc and the stuff that happens on Jaya!

So the Strawhats go off to meet Montblanc Cricket and see if he knows how to get them to the Sky Island. Turns out he does, and he turns out to be a pretty nice guy as well. It was here that the monkey guys grew on me as they all partied with the Straw Hats. After seeing how evil Bellamy and his crew was, it was easy to like the guys helping out our main characters. I got a kick out of that bird and how it tried to use the forest to kill them, too. Cheeky little bugger.

Just as it looks like they'll be able to make it to Sky Island, Bellamy and his boys show up to cause more trouble. If there's one thing I hate it's jackasses who stomp on other people's dreams. Very much like Luffy in that regard, so you can believe I was ready for Bellamy to get his shit pushed in. As expected, Luffy did not disappoint. The best one hit K.O. in the series thus far(I feel like there's been a lot tbh so that's saying something)

With the story of Noland in their minds and a promise to ring a bell(Anybody else think Tales of Vesperia?) in their hearts, they set sail for the knock up stream. As awesome as Skypeia ended up being, I am a little salty they left just as things in the Blue Seas were getting interesting. Chapter 234 still has me shook - new Shichibukai's, seeing the World Government for the first time, and Blackbeard just straight up coming for the Strawhats- I need to see what happens! I thought for sure some of those strands would be picked up immediately, but nope.

SKYPEIA ARC

Aesthetically, Skypeia is my favorite island yet. I mean, how could it not be? It's a city in the sky! That's like a car that runs on water, man. I also feel like the exposition was handled really well in the first couple of chapters. Meeting Gan Fall, Conis, her dad, and finding out about the dials all felt organic. I love how Oda is staying consistent with the characters - Nami being the only one to know how to work a Waver makes sense and I feel like other writers would've given Luffy the natural skill to ride it because he's the MC. It might not be the best example, but I dig how despite being the strongest Strawhat the other crewmates all feel capable.

The arc has to get started, and before we know it the Strawhats are betrayed and forced to go through trials. I thought the arrival of Enel's lackeys and Conis' betrayal was excellently done. At this point we only know Enel from what others have said, and seeing how much control he has over everyone lets us know he's gonna be a tough cookie. That and the fact that he can just nuke you with a lightning bolt if you talk shit. Seriously, that's OP.

While I did enjoy the trials and had things just kept balloning in scope with the Shandians arriving and then Enel getting invovled himself, it felt really similar to the climax of the Alabasta Arc. There were more than enough differences that it did not feel like a complete retread, but at the same time....having one force rebelling against the ones in power with the Strawhats stuck in the middle is exactly what happened at the climax of the last saga. Even Conis arriving in town and convincing the sky peeps to run felt similar to Vivi trying to get the rebels and the guard to listen to her. I know it was a lot easier for Conis to persuade people, but still...

The fights were also similar but still enjoyable. I'm never gonna not love seeing Zoro wreck shit, and I did love his takedown of Ohm. Chopper and Robin's fights were great as well. Chopper stepping up to the plate was overdue, because honestly after Drum Island I thought he'd be fighting a lot more. Hope he continues fighting instead of running, leave that to Usopp. While Robin's fight was pretty much a stomp after she got clear of the ruins the hands are growing on me. Wonder how a conversation between her and Shigaraki from MHA would go.

Let's talk about Enel and the other side characters though. Enel stole the show, as every time he showed up on page I wondered who he was going to murk next. I really thought Sanji and Usopp were taken out for the rest of the arc when they got burned the first time. His plan was also sadistic and petty, which is great for a villain. I got a kick out of him laying the rules of the game and predicting how many would be left at the end of the three hours. That whole run of chapters was great, largely because of the arrival of the Shandians and Enel. Unlike last arc, I think the side characters were the MVPs here. With the exception of Luffy(who's always cool) and Robin(who just intrigues me) when I think about what happened I keep seeing Gan Fall saving Chopper and being a badass even in defeat. Or Wyper using reject on that tree to finally bring it down. Speaking of Wyper, guy used reject 3 times and his body didn't shatter. Put some respek on his name.

My favorite part of this whole saga might've been the Noland/Kalgara flashback. Seeing the two start to bond the way they did made me unexpectedly emotional. While it sucks they never got to reunite during their lifetime, seeing the whole story of how part of the island was launched into the sky and how the two never gave up on each other made me cheer even harder when Luffy kicked Enel's ass and rung the bell. I didn't like the Luffy vs. Enel fight as much as Luffy vs. Crocodile because I feel the pacing was off and therefore the fight didn't feel like that much of a priority, BUT that last moment was sublime. Plus, it looks like Enel escaped so I'm sure we'll see more of him.

All in all, another great saga. If Alabasta was a 9/10, Sky Island Saga is an 8/10. Feels a little too similar to Alabasta in places. However, I'll miss the island for sure. I'm ready to see what the World Government, Shichibukai's, Blackbeard, and Ace have been up to though!
you are coming up on an amazing arc. enjoy, it gets even better from here.

Silfer was kind enough to color me asta in zenitsu colors so I'm rocking it
sleeper agent

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

SKY ISLAND SAGA
Jaya Arc

j_Jh6s.gif

SKYPEIA ARC

Skypeia is so good, just One Piece at its finest when it came to pure adventuring.

Next fun fact: The anime arc that follows this is the best/only good filler arc in the entire series.

Long Ring Long Land arc is pretty damn legendary

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Can't wait!
Skypeia is so good, just One Piece at its finest when it came to pure adventuring.

Next fun fact: The anime arc that follows this is the best/only good filler arc in the entire series.
Is the anime worth it? After I finish an arc I YouTube the fights and that's good enough for me but I feel like I'm missing out on the OST by not watching

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait!

Is the anime worth it? After I finish an arc I YouTube the fights and that's good enough for me but I feel like I'm missing out on the OST by not watching

It's definitely worth it for like at least up until the next saga you're about to go through. So about 300+ episodes or so. Though honestly I was loving binging through the anime until the "1st half" of the series was over. After that, yea I couldn't be anime-only anymore.

It's a huge time commitment, but I didn't mind at all when I was younger lol

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

Long Ring Long Land arc is pretty damn legendary
I said coming up because water 7 isnt the next arc lol

long ring long is pretty funny though lol

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait!

As Lotus said, the anime is pretty good up until the end of the next major arc. Although personally I think the arc after that is fine in the anime too.

it is much faster to read the manga though for sure. If you're interested in the anime I'd just check out the parts of the manga you liked the best and see if it grabs you. No need to watch the whole,e thing.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It's definitely worth it for like at least up until the next saga you're about to go through. So about 300+ episodes or so. Though honestly I was loving binging through the anime until the "1st half" of the series was over. After that, yea I couldn't be anime-only anymore.

It's a huge time commitment, but I didn't mind at all when I was younger lol
As Lotus said, the anime is pretty good up until the end of the next major arc. Although personally I think the arc after that is fine in the anime too.

it is much faster to read the manga though for sure. If you're interested in the anime I'd just check out the parts of the manga you liked the best and see if it grabs you. No need to watch the whole,e thing.
Gotcha, thanks guys. Yeah I'll just have to look up the bits I really like, no way I can watch 300+ episodes of the anime and like another 600 chapters of the manga lol. It would take me forever to catch up

OP
OP
Reyes

I would say the anime is fine till Impel Down

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
some day we'll get to see garp and roger kick major ass together

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I've been re-reading JoJo and I just finished part 4. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I fucking love Araki. The man is able to create some of the most satisfying moments in manga for me and make it look effortless.
Like everything involving Yoshikage Kira when he gets Bites the Dust is fucking ace. He breaks his ideology of going unnoticed by screaming "that luck favors Yoshikage Kira" Which results in him instantly being caught. He then proceeds to be killed in the most pedestrian and normal way possible. By getting into a car accident because the driver didn't notice him. He then proceeds to get dragged into hell by the one thing he obsessed over. Hands

Ooph and while I'm at it I've been watching part 5 clips on YouTube which reminded me. Diavolo had another great exit. The man was obsessed about results. So naturally when he is defeated he gets punished by a stand whos power is to stop results from ever happening. He is thus trapped in his worst possible nightmare. A reality in which nothing will ever finish for him ever again.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been re-reading JoJo and I just finished part 4. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I fucking love Araki. The man is able to create some of the most satisfying moments in manga for me and make it look effortless.
Like everything involving Yoshikage Kira when he gets Bites the Dust is fucking ace. He breaks his ideology of going unnoticed by screaming "that luck favors Yoshikage Kira" Which results in him instantly being caught. He then proceeds to be killed in the most pedestrian and normal way possible. By getting into a car accident because the driver didn't notice him. He then proceeds to get dragged into hell by the one thing he obsessed over. Hands

Ooph and while I'm at it I've been watching part 5 clips on YouTube which reminded me. Diavolo had another great exit. The man was obsessed about results. So naturally when he is defeated he gets punished by a stand whos power is to stop results from ever happening. He is thus trapped in his worst possible nightmare. A reality in which nothing will ever finish for him ever again.

Someone here talkin bout Part 4?

Don't mind my avatar but who's your favourite character in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.