• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Villain Cover

• Volume 21

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Volume 42

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Volume 77

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume 87

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
But when will we get to the fireworks factory?
tenor.gif

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm racking my brain about what deal Oden made with Orochi and Kaido. Obviously, it has something to do with opening the country's borders and the ships + Kaido also play a role.
I think it has something to do with the nasty weather around Wano. It gets really cloudy whenever Kaido appears in his dragon form, so maybe Kaido has some control over the weather (clouds, wind, lightning). I've also seen some theories about how "opening the borders" could also mean making Wano more accessible by changing the terrible weather around the country.
The ships would be provided by Orochi to allow Wano denizens to leave the country freely at their leisure with clear weather making it easier to depart.
But Oden is such a prideful man that humiliating himself like that would not be an easy choice. We've seen before that characters that are willing to throw their pride away for the sake of others and the sake of their dreams
After learning the secrets of the world, Oden wants to open the country's borders at almost ANY COST. But why would Oden trust the words of Orochi and Kaido? They had to have said something that would convince him. Maybe Orochi (or most likely Kaido) knows something about the Void Century?
Hmmmmm. This is really puzzling.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Its balanced by how dumb he is
True and also balanced in him not being a killer lol.

tumblr_inline_pq5wo4rnZh1ub1ir1_500.gifv

Nice choice!!!

I really love Okuyasu and his friendship with Josuke, its one of the few friendships that really gets to breathe outside of the main plot or fights, you get to see them being legit dumb teenage best friends in Morioh

Okuyasu really is a beautiful addition to the show and my favourite Jobro just because of what he represents

And I'm only halfway through part 7 atm but so far yes Part 4 is by far my favourite because of its cozy little setting and how comfortable it is just telling stories of the characters chilling in it

It just meant when the main plot kicked in I cared far more about the characters because I'd seen what they had to lose

I was deeply hurt when Okuyasu "died" and it was the saddest death in the series for me despite not being sold to us as super sad and dramatic

The sudden nature of it and Josuke's refusal to accept his best friend was gone just hurt my fucking soul bro and when Josuke eventually accepts he's gone and quietly stands up and declares Kira would pay I felt that, that silent rage was palpable

THEN THE MOTHERFUCKER LIVES the catharsis and relief I had legit tears in my eyes at his goofy "oop" as he wrangled up stray cat

Best duo in all JoJo for me in the best part in what I've seen so far
Hot damn I couldn't have said it better myself!

Also phew I got some thoughts on this latest chapter. Will post my impressions at some point

1 gift from Cantaim

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Cantaim Cantaim!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cantaim said:
Zehahahaha you scrubs I found a way to highjack the threadmarks in this OT. Which means It's time to Squaldo my captains thread.

Lemme tell you some facts. Don't bother making a rebuttal this opinion is threadmarked meaning it's officially better then your idea. Yu Yu Hakusho main cast > your favorite anime cast.
Yu Yu Hakusho opening > Your favorite opening.

Finally let this thread know now and forever. That the god damn dirty ass reject Oden got shown the what for by our god emperor Orochi the Two Swords! Like phew I was worried for a second there it looked like that degenerate Oden was gonna kill him! The nerve! After Oden's dad went through the trouble of appointing Orochi as the stand in ruler. If this chapter did one thing well. It was cementing that Orochi made the right call in not letting Oden get the throne back. Can you imagine the tragedies he'd bring about? Like not turning a peaceful country into a giant wasteland and weapon farm? Would be insane. Economic progress over everything else!

Oh and enjoy the game. It's a North America code but hopefully it can be redeemed everywhere.

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (NA) PlayStation 4 (NA): Psychonauts - Won by Lotus Lotus (10 entries)

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
well I do t even know where to begin

actually I do, Hiei is an edgelord and drags down the rest of the cast

also "Dragon of the Darkness Flame" is a lame af attack name dont @ me

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
It ain't easy speaking the truth but I gotta do it man. It's also the best way to get rid of this PS4 code that's been on my desk for a month now lol.

Lmao don't know why fools are trying to do a rebutel. I already told y'all the opinion is threadmarked it's canonically one of the best opinions in this thread.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Honestly it's been wild seeing the previous owners of certain devil fruits in the Wano flashback. It's also interesting how Oda is using fruits of fan favorite characters to make it feel a bit worse. Or at least that's how I read it.

1 gift from Reyes

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Reyes Reyes!

This is a two-day raffle that will expire in 48 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Reyes said:
As we near the end of the thread lets do a raffle folks, that and I can't have @Cantaim be the only one and I got a better raffle :P

It is a PS4 Digital Code preferable for One Piece Pirate Warriors 4, so if you already have it and you win well you got a free game or don't have a PS4 well......
34e4505034313ac61c3e4d3997da420db124b2e8_hq.gif

Shipping is Life don't @ me @Lotus

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (United States) PlayStation 4 (United States): One Piece Pirate Warriors 4/PS4 Digital Code - Won by dsosarod dsosarod (33 entries)

OP
OP
Reyes
Honestly it's more like edgy anime boys were a bit too formulaic back in the day lol

At least now days they ain't as prevalent.

Mostly due to Kurapika mellowing out (that and HxH not being in Shonen Jump), Black Clover doesn't have one Silfer , Megumi isn't one in Jujutsu Kaisen and Yaiba doesn't have one unless I'm just plain forgetting

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

Mostly due to Kurapika mellowing out (that and HxH not being in Shonen Jump), Black Clover doesn't have one Silfer , Megumi isn't one in Jujutsu Kaisen and Yaiba doesn't have one unless I'm just plain forgetting
'
Truth I loved the arch type when I was younger 9and when it was new to me) but if it was as prevelent nowadays I'd be rolling my eyes a lot haha.

Damn I really need this, how do I enter, or am I already added?
At the top of the post where it says "Giveaway" in purple you'll see text at the end of the purple line that says "enter giveaway" click that to pick a raffle to enter! Don't worry took me a while to figure out where the enter button was too haha

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
GODA truly at work with this flashback arc...this whole thing has been a highlight of the entire series, honestly. Amazing stuff.

You could argue a few of the Yaiba characters are "edgy" types, like Genya, but it's not exactly the same style as Hiei, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.