• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Villain Cover

• Volume 21

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Volume 42

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Volume 77

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume 87

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
When I see a terrible adaptation of something, it doesn't really make me wanna check out the source material, but that's just me

It'll probably be up to the people who are already fans to apologize for the live action show's existence and beg them to check out the anime/manga :P
That's fair lol.

And yeah lol I'm ready to be like "yo I promise the manga is actually great".
To be fair that terrible death note movie made me watch the anime
I'm surprised you hadn't seen the anime before that movie.
Basically, adaptations like this and even anime are meant to broaden the appel of One Piece and help it reach new audiences that either don't read the manga or watch anime.

I also think people forget just how many episodes of One Piece there are which makes it a daunting challenge for any would be watcher and the manga is on a similar level just not as severe, a live action shows provides a way to see and watch One Piece in a new way with its own style (more like creating One Pieces world in live action), pacing, etc that can get people into the series with less of a initial commitment by the audience.
Yeah the length of the series doesn't help for many from an outside perspective.

(Which is a shame cause even if it means I don't quite remember as much of what's here as with other series, the scope is still a big part of the appeal for me. It doesn't feel big just for the sake of it.)
People are joke casting Tom Holland as Luffy but he would kill it as Coby
That'd be really cool.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
caught up with one piece finally. how are we not done with this dead fools life? just pop his dead ass

shouldn't have taken more than 3 chapters breh. I can't believe I'm saying this but I want Luffy back

Oct 25, 2017
Odens flashback is one of my favorite flashbacks in the series. A flashback that both is relevant to the current arc while having reveals about the entire world.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
ghofw0ruhkd41.jpg
Thank you. So cool.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like One Piece dialog has a danger of sounding extremely corny coming out of actual human beings standing around each other. Like the comedy would be extremely hard to pull off.

Status
Not open for further replies.