• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is Ulti's Devil Fruit Power?

• Tyrannosaurus

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Triceratops

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Sabertooth Tiger

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Mastodon

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Pterodactyl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragonzord

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Oh it's no big deal, just tired of spoiler discussion in general, ever since WCI I've realized how crazy toxic it can be

Love me some spoilers, but I don't like wading through all that to read em. But I can't read the spoilers without being hugely tempted to read what everyone thinks about em, so my solution is to just avoid spoilers entirely for now lol

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, I can get that, sometimes people overreact based on some vague spoiler/blurry pic and when the chapter comes out, it turns out there was no reason to panic

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Oh it's no big deal, just tired of spoiler discussion in general, ever since WCI I've realized how crazy toxic it can be

Love me some spoilers, but I don't like wading through all that to read em. But I can't read the spoilers without being hugely tempted to read what everyone thinks about em, so my solution is to just avoid spoilers entirely for now lol
understandable

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yea, then 9 outta 10 it's always cleared up by the time the chapter comes out, then the cycle repeats next week lol
4pHoBvj.gif

I see. Well cool that you won't have to deal with that.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yea, idk how long I'll last (The addiction is strong... D:), but at least I get to react as the same time as several of you guys now
I'm curious to see if it'll feel different for you, let us know after a while. Cause there are often manga chapters I read where I think "man I'm so glad I wasn't spoiled" and yet the few times when I do get spoiled on some things never actually feel like they lower my enjoyment.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see if it'll feel different for you, let us know after a while. Cause there are often manga chapters I read where I think "man I'm so glad I wasn't spoiled" and yet the few times when I do get spoiled on some things never actually feel like they lower my enjoyment.

I only had two general rules:

- don't read untranslated scans (I broke this sometimes lol)

- don't spoil any transformation power ups or One Piece itself

Outside of that, never minded spoilers, but we'll see how diving in blind goes lol

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Since I started reading OP weekly, I don't think there has ever been a week where I didn't read the spoilers
Sometimes I tell myself "Next week I'm gonna go blind", but as soon as the spoilers drop I'm reading them as usual
It's a damn addiction

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019

Member when Caulifla was going to achieve Super Saiyan Blue? I member.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I'm fine with anime spoilers but manga spoilers are weird for me.

Like I'd always look at the dragon ball super spoilers.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
bernie and Jeritza got a support chain...I'm excited
Reyes

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I don't generally mind spoilers, I just prefer going in blind. The exception is for Big Moments. I don't even want a smidge of a hint. The Ultimate chapter was one such Big Moment.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
The only time OP spoiler threads were fun on AP was when the spoiler providers included some fanart based on the spoilers. That was neat.

But nowadays? Spoiler threads are trash, especially when the powerlevel people decide to come out the woodwork. Just dreadful.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna spoil you all

Luffy is not a normal human.. HE STRETCHES

----
DBS thread was crazy

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still not convinced by those Kingdom chapters, but I enjoyed 631 more than I expected

edo_kid

Still waiting on the english release.
But the last chapters have been so disappointing I'm ready for this arc to be done.

Are you aware of what happens historically? I was gonna write something but I have to be careful.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Still waiting on the english release.
But the last chapters have been so disappointing I'm ready for this arc to be done.

Are you aware of what happens historically? I was gonna write something but I have to be careful.
I am
You're talking about KyouKai potentially dying, right?
Well, first we should remember that Hara doesn't always follow history (see Heki still being alive, Yotanwa and Kyoukai being women, Karin existing, etc).
In history KK is alive and becomes a general, so you would think that she is not going to die anytime soon. And from a narrative standpoint it wouldn't make sense to kill her.
The only reason Hara could want to kill her off is because one of the war against Zhao is led by Ousen, YotanWa and her, without Shin, and so maybe it would be hard to spend a lot of time without either of our MCs. But that's true of other important wars too.
It's still a bit unclear, but I think this chapter gives the answer to that question though

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who likes to avoid spoilers, the subject of spoilers when it comes to historical series is always funny to me. Like, should one go read the specifics of what some of those people in Vinland Saga did?

Oct 27, 2017
You guys don't think Lotus *gasp* lost a bet do you? Either way we welcome you to our side as long as you're here
Edit: Nvm my era fucked me the real answer why loaded, dammit

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
As someone who likes to avoid spoilers, the subject of spoilers when it comes to historical series is always funny to me. Like, should one go read the specifics of what some of those people in Vinland Saga did?
Vinland Saga is a specific case even among other history inspired manga. 90% of the manga is completely fictional, the only confirmed historical things are characters (Knut, Thorkell, Thorfinn, etc) or some major events (the war between the Danes and England). But for example, even though Thorfinn is a historical figure, basically nothing we've seen thus far of his life is based on history.
But if you went on Thorfinn's wikipedia page, then yeah, you would likely get spoiled. Though imo those spoilers don't matter that much because in that manga it's the slow development of the characters that matters

But for cases like Kingdom, those are major spoilers. You can basically figure out who will die (and how) and who won't, who will win a war and who will lose it, what the next arc will be and which characters will be in it, etc. You don't know the full journey, but you know a lot of the steps involved

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Vinland Saga is a specific case even among other history inspired manga. 90% of the manga is completely fictional, the only confirmed historical things are characters (Knut, Thorkell, Thorfinn, etc) or some major events (the war between the Danes and England). But for example, even though Thorfinn is a historical figure, basically nothing we've seen thus far of his life is based on history.
But if you went on Thorfinn's wikipedia page, then yeah, you would likely get spoiled. Though imo those spoilers don't matter that much because in that manga it's the slow development of the characters that matters

But for cases like Kingdom, those are major spoilers. You can basically figure out who will die (and how) and who won't, who will win a war and who will lose it, what the next arc will be and which characters will be in it, etc. You don't know the full journey, but you know a lot of the steps involved
Damn so Kingdom adheres more closely to real events? That's interesting.
Ultimately I don't think I'd mind knowing in either scenario because it's just history.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Ultimately I don't think I'd mind knowing in either scenario because it's just history.
Kingdom's author sometimes quote a history book (the Shiji, a record of around 2,500 years of Chinese history).
A siege just ended, and the narrator quotes it : "4th year. Zhao general Pangnuan, leading Zhao, Chu, Wei and Yan in the siege of Qin city, Zui, is repelled."

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom's author sometimes quote a history book (the Shiji, a record of around 2,500 years of Chinese history).
A siege just ended, and the narrator quotes it : "4th year. Zhao general Pangnuan, leading Zhao, Chu, Wei and Yan in the siege of Qin city, Zui, is repelled."
That is pretty cool.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I am
You're talking about KyouKai potentially dying, right?
Well, first we should remember that Hara doesn't always follow history (see Heki still being alive, Yotanwa and Kyoukai being women, Karin existing, etc).
In history KK is alive and becomes a general, so you would think that she is not going to die anytime soon. And from a narrative standpoint it wouldn't make sense to kill her.
The only reason Hara could want to kill her off is because one of the war against Zhao is led by Ousen, YotanWa and her, without Shin, and so maybe it would be hard to spend a lot of time without either of our MCs. But that's true of other important wars too.
It's still a bit unclear, but I think this chapter gives the answer to that question though

Yeah she was never gonna die because of history but I think this would be the point where she losing her powers would be a great move, with Hoken gone this seems like the perfect time.

But yeah I do wonder how they gonna deal with that future war with her and no Shin, maybe he gonna start off paneling some of the battles.

Hype for next arc though, Kanki stuff should be fun.

For sure, I could spoil you a major death right now that still hasn't even happen in the manga. Story path is 100% based on history, he even quotes the records in Shiji.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah she was never gonna die because of history but I think this would be the point where she losing her powers would be a great move, with Hoken gone this seems like the perfect time.

But yeah I do wonder how they gonna deal with that future war with her and no Shin, maybe he gonna start off paneling some of the battles.

Hype for next arc though, Kanki stuff should be fun.
Oh yeah, I hadn't thought about her possibly losing her power, I'd be fine with it I think

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
We all saying will robin get a fight, but the more important question is will chopper get a fight

I know he will probably play a role with medicine and smile/queens virus stuff, but will he have an actual fight

Status
Not open for further replies.