• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is Ulti's Devil Fruit Power?

• Tyrannosaurus

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Triceratops

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Sabertooth Tiger

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Mastodon

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Pterodactyl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragonzord

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017

of

one14-600x600.jpg

?

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I feel a bit disappointed, almost, if only because fan speculation called everything about the reveals these last two chapters. Not that they were *obvious*, but the fandom's getting better than Oda's machinations.

Folks even joked that when Kanjuro revealed himself, he would turn out to have been a great artist all along.

Can't wait for the fighting to start in earnest. This is going to rule.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I feel a bit disappointed, almost, if only because fan speculation called everything about the reveals these last two chapters. Not that they were *obvious*, but the fandom's getting better than Oda's machinations.

Folks even joked that when Kanjuro revealed himself, he would turn out to have been a great artist all along.

Can't wait for the fighting to start in earnest. This is going to rule.
To be honest I'm kind of glad Oda didn't go against the grain for either, cause honestly neither reveal would've made any sense if it was like...oh shit Crocodile is Denjiro or Carrot is the traitor all along!! That shit would just make Oda's setup of Kanjuro and Kyoshiro to lead nowhere.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The real Shipping wars is which Pirate crew has the best Pirate Ships (In terms of design, functionality, ability, etc...)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel a bit disappointed, almost, if only because fan speculation called everything about the reveals these last two chapters. Not that they were *obvious*, but the fandom's getting better than Oda's machinations

That ignores all the countless times we've gotten it wrong lol, or the majority missed stuff like time travel, Killer being Kamazou, etc.

Last edited:

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, people theorizing that Kanjuro could be the traitor and getting it right isn't a really a victory on the fandom's part when you consider that there was a traitor theory for more or less every single character present in Wano

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, people theorizing that Kanjuro could be the traitor and getting it right isn't a really a victory on the fandom's part when you consider that there was a traitor theory for more or less every single character present in Wano

Not to mention a lot of people lost faith after seeing Oden's sacrifice

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
So I started watching that there Fire Force, and I have a couple thoughts. Spoilers for the first 5 episodes.

Episodes 1-3 were fantastic. Beautifully animated, nicely paced, and a real good story hook.

Episode 4 then introduces Miss BDSM and I really start to notice the fanservice. I hate it. There's a scene where Miss BDSM inexplicably strips the Sister (Iris?) and I hate it. Look, I've no problem with shows that show a bit of skin for cheap titillation (or comedy) now and then, but this show does it at every given moment and it feels out of place and distracting. I hate it.

Episode 5 has us straight up going to war against Miss BDSM for the most miniscule reason and I'm not invested in any of these characters so I don't care about these fights. And what's this? Mr Knight King of Camelot whose gimmick got old real fast was fighting with his wrong hand? Why? This feels like a badly written Kenpachi Zaraki "two hand" stunt, and that was already badly written!

It's this episode where I started to become hyper aware of the tragedy at Kyoto Animation and how it affected this show. I know it was the right thing to do and there was no avoiding it, but man am I really noticing the lack of fire in these episodes. This might be one of those things where once you're aware of what's missing, it affects your enjoyment.

I guess I'll finish this arc to see whether or not I'll continue it.

Oct 25, 2017
Looking into it, the only series still incomplete are Kimetsu no Yaiba, Jujutsu Kaisen, and Act-age. Haikyu is fully complete now.
KnY is catching up fast, and JK is almost done (only six chapters missing). Act-age still has a massive gap though (7-45 are missing).
Also, when is Viz going to add the last volume of Fire Punch? It's been out in stores for months now.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
But SJ hasn't added the rest of the chapters, no?
Looking into it, the only series still incomplete are Kimetsu no Yaiba, Jujutsu Kaisen, and Act-age. Haikyu is fully complete now.
KnY is catching up fast, and JK is almost done (only six chapters missing). Act-age still has a massive gap though (7-45 are missing).
Also, when is Viz going to add the last volume of Fire Punch? It's been out in stores for months now.
Yup this I want to continue act age, but viz sj has the gap and a lot of the fan translators took down that gap when viz started translating it.
And yeah JK should be caught up next month and I'm looking forward to it

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the PW4 story. Holy shit that Wano was fan-ficcy as hell.
Someone at Koei-Tecmo is a big fan of Katakuri and Carrot.

Honestly, the refusal to make more character models lead to some really awkward scenes. Like at the end of Marineford when Blackbeard shows up, and everyone is going "Oh no it's the Blackbeard Pirates", but there's just Teach and Burgess. Not bothering with the others.
We get Whole Cake Island, yet only four of the Charlottes are featured (Perospero, Katakuri, Brulee, and Pudding). I'm not expecting all 85 kids (even Oda didn't draw them in the series proper, some only appeared in the OP Magazine) but at least give us the more important ones like Cracker, Smoothie, Mont Dor, Galette and Amande.
And then Wano... would it have killed them to feature other members of the Akazaya Nine?

Now all that's left is grinding.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
So I started watching that there Fire Force, and I have a couple thoughts. Spoilers for the first 5 episodes.

Episodes 1-3 were fantastic. Beautifully animated, nicely paced, and a real good story hook.

Episode 4 then introduces Miss BDSM and I really start to notice the fanservice. I hate it. There's a scene where Miss BDSM inexplicably strips the Sister (Iris?) and I hate it. Look, I've no problem with shows that show a bit of skin for cheap titillation (or comedy) now and then, but this show does it at every given moment and it feels out of place and distracting. I hate it.

Episode 5 has us straight up going to war against Miss BDSM for the most miniscule reason and I'm not invested in any of these characters so I don't care about these fights. And what's this? Mr Knight King of Camelot whose gimmick got old real fast was fighting with his wrong hand? Why? This feels like a badly written Kenpachi Zaraki "two hand" stunt, and that was already badly written!

It's this episode where I started to become hyper aware of the tragedy at Kyoto Animation and how it affected this show. I know it was the right thing to do and there was no avoiding it, but man am I really noticing the lack of fire in these episodes. This might be one of those things where once you're aware of what's missing, it affects your enjoyment.

I liked that arc well enough I guess. That ones not the best but it definitely better from there imo

the fan service is easily the worst part of the show, I thought everything else was pretty great.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
The air dashing really helps
Air dash has been absolutely ace as well as the newly expanded Ariel combat. It's amazing if you know what you are doing you never lose momentum now.

It's also fun as I really like playing the PW games as a way to just experience the gauntlet of foes the Straw Hats have faced through the decades haha. Don't know why but it always gets me hyped.

ok what the hell One Piece Era??? Y'all been watching the anime but you didn't let the rest of us non anime watchers that Wano put out fire like this?

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the PW4 story. Holy shit that Wano was fan-ficcy as hell.
Someone at Koei-Tecmo is a big fan of Katakuri and Carrot.

Honestly, the refusal to make more character models lead to some really awkward scenes. Like at the end of Marineford when Blackbeard shows up, and everyone is going "Oh no it's the Blackbeard Pirates", but there's just Teach and Burgess. Not bothering with the others.
We get Whole Cake Island, yet only four of the Charlottes are featured (Perospero, Katakuri, Brulee, and Pudding). I'm not expecting all 85 kids (even Oda didn't draw them in the series proper, some only appeared in the OP Magazine) but at least give us the more important ones like Cracker, Smoothie, Mont Dor, Galette and Amande.
And then Wano... would it have killed them to feature other members of the Akazaya Nine?

Now all that's left is grinding.
I agree about the lack of character models or even portraits. Really felt the lack of Cracker for instance in the Seducing Woods segment. Instead we fought... Luffy. Multiple Luffys. I don't want to say the devs are lazy, but it kinda feels pretty lazy, like, we didn't even get Brulees voice for the battle, even they had her there to record lines. Put me in coach! I'll direct the next Pirate Warriors!

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Red Fire Happy birthday for real. Love you man, hope it can be a good day in these weird times.
giphy.gif

ok what the hell One Piece Era??? Y'all been watching the anime but you didn't let the rest of us non anime watchers that Wano put out fire like this?
Cantaim you know I love you but I take great offense to this statement! Because I know for a fact many of my episode impressions have included praise of the arc's new tracks.

Great offense!! But I'm happy you're hearing the good stuff nonetheless.

Oct 25, 2017
I agree about the lack of character models or even portraits. Really felt the lack of Cracker for instance in the Seducing Woods segment. Instead we fought... Luffy. Multiple Luffys. I don't want to say the devs are lazy, but it kinda feels pretty lazy, like, we didn't even get Brulees voice for the battle, even they had her there to record lines. Put me in coach! I'll direct the next Pirate Warriors!

It's kind of weird how the game has a massive cast for a non Dynasty Warriors Musou title, yet it also feels really sparse compared to the source material.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Fire Force anime is fantastic, but reading your opinions you should stop. Arthur is not getting better (well I think it's way more funny later on with his quirk), but you haven't even met Tamaki so just stop now. Could watch the amazing fight scenes on Youtube though.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Damn that's straight fire 😱🔥

Sounds like a mix of Naruto and DKC Tropical Freeze
It's that good stuff man! Oh and happy birthday! Consider the track an early present!

Red Fire Happy birthday for real. Love you man, hope it can be a good day in these weird times.
giphy.gif

Cantaim you know I love you but I take great offense to this statement! Because I know for a fact many of my episode impressions have included praise of the arc's new tracks.

Great offense!! But I'm happy you're hearing the good stuff nonetheless.
Dude you gotta include links!

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Happy birthday Red Fire! May your presents be better than mine two weeks ago (I was gifted a nation-wide state of alarm that very day lmao).

Status
Not open for further replies.