• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every now and then I like going back and revisiting hype moments I experienced the past few months and lemme tell you...zoros "nothing happened" never fails to deliver.

what a fucking ride or die!!

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
Ayo welcome to the club! We used to have a questionnaire for new comers but we lost it during covid lol. So in its place I shall ask you some super official One Piece Era questions!

1. What is your favorite arc?

2. Which of the match ups in the raid that have been glossed over would you like to see in more detail? For me I've actually hit the point where I wanna see Killer kick Hawkins ass haha.

3. What is your favorite quote from One Piece?

4. Have you ever accidentally rewatched pretty much all of Marineford via Youtube clips?

1. Favorite arc:

Difficult cause I really got into One Piece because of Arlong Park and I think the Water7/Enies Lobby has been one of the best as well. Marineford was such a good finisher for the first half of the story. But if I really have to chose it is sort of a tie between Saobody or Zou.

Saobody was just amazing to see how the Straw Hats were defeated and how we got more lore of the world. It put a lot in perspective. Also the Supernova were dope.
Zou just had some epic moments and again a lot of lore. Wano is climbing up tho!

2. Wano Fight:

Jinbe vs Who's Who or Carrot vs Perospero

I want to see a proper one vs one fight from Jinbe now that the really is part of the Straw Hats. I am really wondering how crazy Fishman Karate can be come.

The other one is Carrot vs Perospero cause I want her to defeat the one that took her Mentor in front of her eyes. I feel that she is going to defeat him, though on the other hand it seems Neko is going after him. So yeah :p

3. Favorite quote:

"When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It's when… they are forgotten." - Dr. Hiluluk

4. Youtube clips:

I think I re-watched most of One Piece like that :p

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Right now the most narrative threads we've got for King to fight are Marco vs Zoro because they're second in command to Yonko and can both fly,

They also both took out Big Mom's ship the same way lolol

Zoro's entire arc is based around Kaido & Orochi, not any of his underlings.

This. Orochi for what he did to Yasu, and Kaido because of the Enma setup. Though unless him and Hiyori interact a bunch (which is possible I suppose) we can probably ignore the idea of him interacting with Orochi given how easily the Scabbards dismissed him despite having way more resentment for him.

Again, we wanna talk about narrative reasoning, just look at him pulling out all the stops against Kaido. To me it just makes no sense to give him a 1v1 fight in the same arc where he used all his best stuff/reveals on Kaido beforehand. Not to say that doing that stuff again wouldn't still be hype, but it's simply not going to be the same now, you know? Meanwhile with Sanji and the others, we haven't seen any real new attacks or finishers from them.

If he just scarred Kaido as expected and came out fine like Law and Kid did, that'd be one thing. In that condition I'd find it perfectly acceptable that he fights King afterwards. Instead he went above and beyond our expectations, to the point where I had to retract my assumption that Zoro's feats on the rooftop wouldn't be as impressive/hype than the idea of Sanji beating either Queen or King.

So yea, Chopper will bring him back probably, but I'm not expecting some grandiose 1v1 fight for Zoro given his injuries. Especially when Oda does care about power scaling than one would think. Also it's worth remembering that for whatever reason Zoro always takes damage the hardest of the Strawhats. When he gets badly injured, that shit tends to stick for awhile lol

What are the exceptions again? Foxy arc, Baratie, what else?

Bout to be this arc given his rooftop performance

Not sure this arc even has an equivalent given it's the first time Oda has let Zoro go all out against a main antagonist. There's been stuff like Captain Morgan, Enel (lol), and him cutting down Hody, but his performance against Kaido, and the injuries that followed, is uncharted territory unless I forgot something.

Think the closest thing would be Thriller Bark, where he fought Ryuma, Oars, and then Kuma. But Ryuma didn't fuck him up that badly, nor did it make Zoro go all out (couldn't anyways since he only had two swords at the time)

So while it's not impossible that Oda is a bigger Zoro fanboy than we already think he is, we can't act like Zoro is more or less owed his usual fight this time around. The usual expectation of him has already been subverted.

If there is a deviation I'd love it's Yams vs King cause that would be an explosive statement of power. But def unlikely as heck.

I'm glad Yamato didn't fight any of Kaido's top officers. He's still a new character, so it would've really rubbed me the wrong way to let him fight against anyone that isn't his father, which is the only fight/confrontation that needs to happen with him narratively speaking anyhow.

cpcz

Oct 28, 2017
New Donk CIty
Last chapter was nothing but hype, it ended my hiatus here lmao. How y'all doing?

Anyway, from reddit comment, what Luffy did is "voice of all the things", but I forget when this is mentioned in the manga, can you guys tell me which chapter / arc that first hinting about this?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Last chapter was nothing but hype, it ended my hiatus here lmao. How y'all doing?

Anyway, from reddit comment, what Luffy did is "voice of all the things", but I forget when this is mentioned in the manga, can you guys tell me which chapter / arc that first hinting about this?
Think it was first mentioned by Rayleigh in Sabaody, where he mentioned Roger having the ability. We more recently saw it from Luffy in Fishmand Island (where he heard the Sea Kings talking) and on Zou where both Momo and Luffy heard the elephant asking for help. Also Oden was shown to have it in the flashback. Could be more, but those are the major instances that come to mind first.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
1. Favorite arc:

Difficult cause I really got into One Piece because of Arlong Park and I think the Water7/Enies Lobby has been one of the best as well. Marineford was such a good finisher for the first half of the story. But if I really have to chose it is sort of a tie between Saobody or Zou.

Saobody was just amazing to see how the Straw Hats were defeated and how we got more lore of the world. It put a lot in perspective. Also the Supernova were dope.
Zou just had some epic moments and again a lot of lore. Wano is climbing up tho!

2. Wano Fight:

Jinbe vs Who's Who or Carrot vs Perospero

I want to see a proper one vs one fight from Jinbe now that the really is part of the Straw Hats. I am really wondering how crazy Fishman Karate can be come.

The other one is Carrot vs Perospero cause I want her to defeat the one that took her Mentor in front of her eyes. I feel that she is going to defeat him, though on the other hand it seems Neko is going after him. So yeah :p

3. Favorite quote:

"When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It's when… they are forgotten." - Dr. Hiluluk

4. Youtube clips:

I think I re-watched most of One Piece like that :p
Ayyy all nice picks! Yea I also love Saobodu for the pace break that it was. Got tons of new lore and world building and then it ends with the Straw Hats first defeat. Gosh it was so good. Zou is excellent as well! I know many a fan that consider Zou to be the start of One Piece getting its footing for the timeskip arcs because of how good it is.

lmao if you add in Robin and her fight yourtwo fights and reasons for them would be my other top picks for what I'd love to see.

also excellent with that Youtube viewing habit you will fit in well.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that given the panel with Briscola (gorilla SMILE user at the beginning) until Tama gives them all orders/new orders, the SMILE users are still fighting the alliance.

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized that given the panel with Briscola (gorilla SMILE user at the beginning) until Tama gives them all orders/new orders, the SMILE users are still fighting the alliance.

Yeah this didn't occur to me till today either. Hope she does it soon I shudder to think how many good people on our side will have died to those sleeper agent SMILE users by the time she flips the switch

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Thats even worse than expected, I expected him to show up in 980 worst case scenario. How are they going to pad one entire extra episode?

Also where did you get this info? Were the chapter titles leaked?
Yeah, the next few anime titles leaked. It's possible Jinbe appears at the end of 980 (as a cliffhanger) but it's Toei so I don't expect him to appear at all.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
If the title for 981 has Jinbe's name in it I guess he could still appear as the end of episode cliffhanger for 980.

It's wild how anime episode numbers have gotten ahead of their corresponding manga chapters now though lol

Oct 25, 2017
Funny how Yonkou was going on about how the anime is sooooo much better than the manga.
Yet looking at those titles, we're back to abysmal Dressrosa style pacing.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Wait. Is episode 979 the one where denjiro talks to Kin'emon? Did they just create an episode of whole new content with 978?

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the next few anime titles leaked. It's possible Jinbe appears at the end of 980 (as a cliffhanger) but it's Toei so I don't expect him to appear at all.

Thanks!

Yeah so my guess is next chapter ends with Denjiro appearing, the following one is the whole Kinemon plan explanation and maybe (hopefully) ends with Jinbe coming back and then the following chapter is just Jinbe coming back fluff and maybe ends with a glimpse of the Tobi Roppo?

Funny how Yonkou was going on about how the anime is sooooo much better than the manga.
Yet looking at those titles, we're back to abysmal Dressrosa style pacing.

Yeah at one point I was thinking maybe they'll match episode 1000 with chapter 1000 but that dream is dead.

Kado

Feb 11, 2021
Is Toei trying to slow down even more so episode 1000 matches chapter 1000?

I'll hold off judgement for now since this is kind of what we wanted. All the offscreened raid fights getting expanded would lead to this kind of padding happening, and ship battles can be pretty hype. It's been months since we've seen Luffy and the strawhats go wild.

I'm more worried about Denjiro and Momo getting an episode each. Toei drawing out story elements usually leads to pacing issues.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
mJEWzVc.jpg

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Is Toei trying to slow down even more so episode 1000 matches chapter 1000?

I'll hold off judgement for now since this is kind of what we wanted. All the offscreened raid fights getting expanded would lead to this kind of padding happening, and ship battles can be pretty hype. It's been months since we've seen Luffy and the strawhats go wild.

I'm more worried about Denjiro and Momo getting an episode each. Toei drawing out story elements usually leads to pacing issues.
Cursed.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
The hot prediction this week should be if Yams will get a proper transform reveal or a silhouette transform reveal or neither.
Bonus: Tooth reveal round 2

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
I expect the next cover story to start very soon. Bege's cover story ended 21 chapters ago and we usually get around 25 chapters with cover requests afterward.

I expect it to focus on Caesar, I cannot think of anyone else it could focus on.

Kado

Feb 11, 2021
The hot prediction this week should be if Yams will get a proper transform reveal or a silhouette transform reveal or neither.
Bonus: Tooth reveal round 2

Kaido comments on the missing cuffs, Yamato tells him Luffy did it and Luffy will be the one to take Kaido down. Doubles down about his desire to sail with Luffy and be free (triples down at this point?). Then we end on a face silhouette with teeth and cat-eyes. People will still argue he's a Tyrannosaurus.

Break next week.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Kaido comments on the missing cuffs, Yamato tells him Luffy did it and Luffy will be the one to take Kaido down. Doubles down about his desire to sail with Luffy and be free (triples down at this point?). Then we end on a face silhouette with teeth and cat-eyes. People will still argue he's a Tyrannosaurus.

Break next week.
2ad7853200688a2103c5374c5acf93fb.jpg

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, I'm not too bothered about MHA potentially getting a fighting game before One Piece (it's definitely more of a battle shonen than One Piece is) but if you want my opinion on the 'leaked' roster, the pro heroes should have absolutely no place on it.

I do wish anime games got into new genres though. Like, the Persona formula is right there. You cannot tell me the thought never crossed their minds.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Y'know, I'm not too bothered about MHA potentially getting a fighting game before One Piece (it's definitely more of a battle shonen than One Piece is) but if you want my opinion on the 'leaked' roster, the pro heroes should have absolutely no place on it.

I do wish anime games got into new genres though. Like, the Persona formula is right there. You cannot tell me the thought never crossed their minds.
I love fighting games so I'm down for an MHA game(it needs a better roster than the leak suggested tho), but MHA would be a perfect fit for a Persona style game

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

All Might, Endeavor, Hawks, Aizawa, and Mirko (well maybe not her if we're just focusing on the anime) at minimum should be in there, it's not their fault they got more development than many of the actual students to justify being playable lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.