• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Release: USA (eShop Only)
Language: Japanese voices with English subtitles
Price: $39.99

Release: Europe (Physical and eShop)
Language: Japanese voices with English subtitles
Price: ?????

Release: Japan (Physical and eShop)
Language: Japanese
Price: 6,264 Yen (about $55 USD)

Features of the Switch release

-Handheld mode 720p 30 FPS
-Docked mode 1080p 60 FPS
-This game contains all the DLC ever released for this title so you are getting the complete package (42 pieces of DLC containing outfits and challenges)
-Local Co-op (also with dual Joy Con)

Why should I check this game out?

This entry does a very good job executing the powers of the Devil Fruits from the series where you get a very diverse and fun experience you wouldn't quite get from other Musou games due to the nature of One Piece in itself. This game is also very fast paced / actiony and is really satisfying to play. Here are some gifs demonstrating abilities.

AXZC6RK.gif

S6rRMul.gif

u5cdz8e.gif

Playable Characters

Monkey D. Luffy
Roronoa Zoro
Nami
Usopp/Sogeking
Sanji
Tony Tony Chopper
Nico Robin
Franky
Brook
Dracule Mihawk
Crocodile
Blackbeard (either one or both Devil's Fruits depending on the player's choice)
Bartholomew Kuma
Jinbei
Boa Hancock
Trafalgar Law
Buggy the Clown
Akainu
Aokiji
Kizaru
Monkey D. Garp
Smoker
Enel
Perona
Whitebeard
Portgas D. Ace
Rob Lucci
Magellan
Emporio Ivankov
Gecko Moria
Sabo
Donquixote Doflamingo
Fujitora
Tashigi
Shanks
Caesar Clown

Last edited:

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pc version was good fun,and i agree that they managed to capture the fighting style of every character pretty much perfectly...going around lasering everyone to death as kizaru or blowing shit up as akainu was good stuff.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I platinumed this game earlier this year on PS4. It's a very good musou title so if you are OP fan don't miss out.

Hopefully it's a good port and you guys can enjoy it as much as I did. If you ever thought about grinding for character levels, you should check some of the DLC islands in Dream Log. Few of them throw tons of enemies at you.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd really love to pull the trigger on this but I don't feel like rewarding Bamco when the newest One Piece game isn't even coming to the platform. Ports are fine and all but at some point you need to give day 1 releases as well. I'll probably wait for a sale on this one, but hope anyone picking this up enjoys it.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Like...I love this game to death but an OT for the Japanese Import of a Switch port of a 2+ year old game is pretty weird.

Though if people are interested then why should I care

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked this game on the Vita. Not enough to get it again on the switch. I have FE Warriors to play, but it was super fun. The story doesn't give a proper ending to the Flaminco arc if I remember correctly. It makes up some nonsense. Over all it's a great recap of the series at large.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the Switch version was also 60 fps but according to this comparison video it's 30?

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing a bit and the port seems pretty good! Frame rate is unlocked on both docked and portable but frame rate on docked is higher overall. I would say the framerate in battle would be about 45-50 average docked and portable about 40ish. Looks and run well no matter how you play so it definitely worth a shot if you're in for another Muso on Switch.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I spent my day trying to purchase this game and downloading it so with that said, here are my impressions of this port.

-I noticed no scaling in docked mode, it stayed at 1080p the entire time.
-In handheld mode I don't believe it scales either, although it looks slightly blurry so I think some Anti Aliasing is being applied here as when I put the character's face up to the camera it seems 720p and not sub 720p.
-In handheld mode at 30 FPS it's smooth enough, but not perfect. There are dips but they aren't horrible.
-In docked mode the same thing applies, and yes, this game is 60 FPS but for the most part you won't be hitting 60 FPS.
-You can improve performance slightly in docked mode by setting your Switch to run at 720p.
-This port allows a ton of models on the screen at once which is a nice touch.

DRijaAmVQAAYCA2.jpg

-The basic main menu is in english, but everything else isn't (obviously but felt I should note it).

So yeah, it's not a perfect performance port or anything, Fire Emblem Warriors runs a bit smoother, that said this is the definitive way to play this game on the go and it's still just as fun. Then again, I'm also use to the PC version with a GTX 1080 and am not very accustomed to playing this game on consoles, that said I'm happy with my purchase and this alongside Xenoverse 2 will give me my anime fix on the system.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really liked it on pc, so i'll probably get it once i'm done with my other switch games.

From what i remember from playing it on the pc, there is no moment in-game where reading the text is really needed to know what to do, so it should be fine to import.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
This game is pretty good, but I'm not sure it deserves an import OT of all things. I guess that ERA was not around when it originaly came out.

Anyway, if you like one piece and musou, get it, it's one of the best musou games around.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This game is pretty good, but I'm not sure it deserves an import OT of all things. I guess that ERA was not around when it originaly came out.

Anyway, if you like one piece and musou, get it, it's one of the best musou games around.
Like...I love this game to death but an OT for the Japanese Import of a Switch port of a 2+ year old game is pretty weird.

Though if people are interested then why should I care

Being that this is the first time this game has hit a Nintendo console and the Switch has various play styles to choose from, I figured it was worth it. Not only that, but there are no other Pirate Warriors 3 OT threads since this is a new site.

Also, if people need impressions of this release, it'd be better if there's a place to discuss them as I've seen people reviving random topics just to discuss this game on Switch.

I could perchance alter this into an all around Pirate Warriors 3 thread, however.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I actually posted in the main switch thread for impressions and no one got back so im finding this super helpful. Cheers OP.

Still on the fence, I wanted it physical but all the stores around me are sold out and the digital version is 1,000 yen more expensive

OP
OP

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gosh... This honestly is a really good port the more I've put time into it. The 1080p also makes it much better than the PS3 variant in docked mode.

I actually posted in the main switch thread for impressions and no one got back so im finding this super helpful. Cheers OP.

Still on the fence, I wanted it physical but all the stores around me are sold out and the digital version is 1,000 yen more expensive

Glad it helped! If you need to know anything else, let me know.

Nice to hear this is selling at the very least, I would very much like a Pirate Warriors 4 with characters like Monet and Gear 4th Luffy.

When will this release in Europe?
One of my favourite Musous!
I wish we knew, but they've only announced a Japanese release so far. Maybe next year?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just a note to the unaware: It only features local co-op. No online AFAIK.

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want to buy all the musou games on Switch but I also want them in physical form so I'm holding off on importing them in the hope that some might get a physical western release even though it's near impossible that they will all be released here, at least at retail seeing just how many KoeiTecmo already ported.
If they don't get released here, I'm importing for sure, just like I did with the Vita releases but I can't pull the trigger just yet.

Come on KoeiTecmo Europe! At least give is something! Even if it's just an announcement that certain games will only get a digital release...

OP
OP

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As an update on the blurryness, I took a close look at how the character models look on the outfit selector and how it looks in-game in handheld mode, and yeah, this game isn't 720p during gameplay it seems. I'm assuming 600p and up range, but definitely not 720p. Looks better than Pokken (resolution) at the very least.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This game is now out on Nintendo Switch in western territories for 40$, I def recommend it as someone who purchased this long ago. It's absolutely brilliant.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
The Deluxe version said that there is 40 DLC in total. While on other platform my counts on the each individual DLC pieces only amounted to 33. What's with the number difference?

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know the reasons of the price difference between the EU and NA versions? I was tempting to buy the cheaper NA version, but since I'll go for work to Germany next week in buying the physical version there, so I check de price in amazon and I saw the game cost 55 euros :/

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
I'm thinking about getting this now that they announced PW4.

Never finished the game on PS4.