• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
i hope Drake is playable, Dinosaurs are cool and playing as one is even cooler

Endless

Oct 27, 2017
GyVC1k4F

OP
OP
Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Famitsu leaked details:

Air Action Action
Combo flows that connect from the ground to the air and from the air to the ground are available.
Sanji can use diable jumps, cross strikes and concasses while staying in the air
"The next is yet? One of the reasons why this project was launched because of the enthusiastic fan 's desire"
"Switch version 3 has been repeated by many users and is still selling now. Sales overseas also increased."
"Aerial action is shaped by a concept that adds even more comfort to Pirate Warriors"
"Enjoying the development of a drama actually occurring on the field"
"Story mode has multiple missions in one episode so that you can experience the swell of the story in order to have a richer experience than ever."
"Simultaneously progresses in the same space, not as an anime"
"The appearance and cut scenes have been strengthened compared to the previous work, and there are other surprises besides the new elements."
"The playable characters are the largest number of players in the series, but the characters who follow the episodes are strongly aware of the original experience and unfortunately not all the characters from the past work.
"The bouncer is not a deadly skill but a dynamic movement"
"All characters have aerial action"
"Adding jumps and increasing combo relations have greatly changed the operability.
I don't think the Nanabukai and Navy characters will be cut off, but ... Magellan will disappear."

I don't know if it's the leaker or a famistu editor is guessing Magellan is cut.

I wonder what characters are getting the axe?

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I've never played a PW game before, but where/how will the story stop ? (since the Wano arc in the manga won't be over by the time the game comes out)

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Famitsu leaked details:

I don't know if it's the leaker or a famistu editor is guessing Magellan is cut.

I wonder what characters are getting the axe?

To me it reads more like a baseless guess than a confirmation. Nothing else mentioned gives any hint to cut characters. I also doubt they are going to have a character they introduced as playable in the last game and then cut them for this game.

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait to pay for the Wano outfits dlc except for Brook, Franky, Usopp and Chopper ofcourse since they apparently don't need new costumes according to Koei.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
My most hyped game is a damn musou. Damn.
Good to know my campaign for this game paid off. You're welcome everyone.
Guess the bigger characters are getting cut, as I feared. Moria and Magellan are probably gone (didn't like Magellans playstyle in 3 so I'm okay with that, shame about Moria though).
I'm getting increasingly worried that they're only showing characters like Big Mom and Drake in their giant forms.
Germa getting individual slots doesn't count towards total character count. Cop-out move. Fuck Germa.
Where.Are.My.Donuts!

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a PW game before, but where/how will the story stop ? (since the Wano arc in the manga won't be over by the time the game comes out)
In the last game, Dressrosa (the then-current arc) was an all-original story involving Blackbeard. It was nonsense, but fun enough.
Wano will either be the same or end at... a certain ass-whooping.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
If there is anyone here who can read Japanese this is taken from latest Famitsu leak:

プレイアブルキャラはシリーズ最大参戦人数だが原作の追体験を強く意識しエピソードに沿ったキャラが参戦。残念ながら過去作のキャラがすべて参戦するわけではない」

It talks about cutting characters.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Given the focus on aerial combat, this should be Kizaru's definitive playable appearance. Or at least it would had his VA not passed away :(
Still, I look forward to Yasakani no Magatamaing everything.

With how they're advertising it, I'm guessing Zou with Jack boss is next with a Strawhat and a new character reveal. I'd say Bege, who should be a lock, but he doesn't fit with aerial combat...

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I can't wait to buy this at full price since I'm obsessed with One Piece, get through 6 levels, and then drop it when I realize I still don't like musous

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Them saying this will have the largest playable roster is crazy.

I expected them to drop a lot of characters now that they are doing a combat overhaul.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to buy this if they could just add more rpg elements to it, like the DQ musuo

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Has drake shown enough to be truly playable now that I think about it.

I think the locks are katakuri, Jack, kaido, batman, barto and cavendish.
Any others would be pleasant surprises.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017

I expected them to drop a lot of characters now that they are doing a combat overhaul.

Its still not confirmed but it is believed large characters may be the ones dropped. Its not known whether its speculation or a certainty but so far Magellan is believed to be the first axed.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Strawhat's Lookout Carrot has joined the party.

Game looks fun. I wonder if Sweet Commander Amande will be playable.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks fun. I wonder if Sweet Commander Amande will be playable.
Make it happen Koei.

I'm still expecting a lot of dropped characters. I can't see how to work Kuma, Moria or even Blackbeard into aerial combat. Marco is in though. Let me confirm that right now.
aight but where's Katakuri..
They'll save him for the final trailer to drive up the hype close to release, I just know it.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Even if they don't become playable I pray we get unique models for the majority of the Sweet Commanders/Officers.

But since we're not even getting unique samurai enemy troop models in bloody Wano...

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I figured they'd do something similar to Dressrosa in 3 with Wano, but Wano is so fucking hype that I thought they might save it. Beyond excited for this game.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
With the focus on air combat maybe we'll finally get playable Monet

Also KT hasn't said anything about cuts and they kinda mentioned a giant mode so maybe Magellan will just get moved to that? Imagine being able to use his poison dragon form

Oct 25, 2017
At least we'll get a complete Dressrosa this time around. That means something right? And maybe by the time they do PW5 we'll have a complete Wano.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Its still not confirmed but it is believed large characters may be the ones dropped. Its not known whether its speculation or a certainty but so far Magellan is believed to be the first axed.
I'm still expecting a lot of dropped characters. I can't see how to work Kuma, Moria or even Blackbeard into aerial combat. Marco is in though. Let me confirm that right now.
While it would be a shame to lose those characters, I'm still excited to see how many new characters they are adding and how extensive the arial combat will be.

Btw, Big Mom is a large character so not sure if that theory is true.