• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming the dropped characters are going to be those who haven't done much new recently.

Aside from Magellan, I can see Garp, Ceasar, and Ivankov not making the cut this game. I can't see them not including Blackbeard, especially since we finally saw his new look a while back.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit! We're really getting Wano? As an original story?!
Excited but conflicted.

If Drake is only a boss, I'm going to laugh XD

OP
OP
Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
If there is anyone here who can read Japanese this is taken from latest Famitsu leak:

It talks about cutting characters.
While I couldn't get Sandman (a know OP translator) says former playable characters will be deleted in PW4.
And the bit about Magellan is just the poster assuming (I got the info from somewhere else).

Who will get the cut?

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
While it would be a shame to lose those characters, I'm still excited to see how many new characters they are adding and how extensive the arial combat will be.

Btw, Big Mom is a large character so not sure if that theory is true.
We've not actually seen a playable Big Mom yet, only her boss battle. We've just kinda been assuming she'll be playable because... well, the devs can't be that dumb. But yeah, no confirmation so far.
It'd be the first thing I'd ask in an interview .

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like no Wapol again :( his AI had a very fleshed out and detailed move set going off of what's seen in the gallery, enough to look like a cut character.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I really want to like this, but playing previous PW bored me after like an hour. Repetitive gameplay is a trademark of musou games I guess :(

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any good one piece games? Like naruto ultimate ninja or something similar?

Common opinion that Pirate Warriors 3 is one of the best, if not the best. If you absolutely cannot stand musou gameplay, the Unlimited (Adventure and Cruise 1+2) games on Wii are more exploration-oriented adventure games. If you can play imports and enjoy(ed) Jump Ultimate Stars, I highly recommend Super Grand Battle X.

None of them quite match up to the spectacle of Ultimate Ninja Storm, though

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
While I couldn't get Sandman (a know OP translator) says former playable characters will be deleted in PW4.
And the bit about Magellan is just the poster assuming (I got the info from somewhere else).

Who will get the cut?

Damn so it looks as though it may be happening. Going by the list I'd say Whitebeard, Moriah, Kuma, Teach and Magellan. All of them I really tall and if they plan to finally have characters at their actual heights I reckon it would be these 5 as they are too large to be normal characters and in Teach's case may not work with air combo system.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Damn so it looks as though it may be happening. Going by the list I'd say Whitebeard, Moriah, Kuma, Teach and Magellan. All of them I really tall and if they plan to finally have characters at their actual heights I reckon it would be these 5 as they are too large to be normal characters and in Teach's case may not work with air combo system.
They are promising the biggest roster yet. And Big Mom is confirmed meaning they are just doing something different for the bigger characters and they likely won't cut then

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
If Big Mom's in, Whitebeards gonna be in. There's no way they'd miss out on having all Yonko playable, past and present. Hell they can make a whole mode out of it, Dynasty Warriors Empires style.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
They are promising the biggest roster yet. And Big Mom is confirmed meaning they are just doing something different for the bigger characters and they likely won't cut then
If Big Mom's in, Whitebeards gonna be in. There's no way they'd miss out on having all Yonko playable, past and present. Hell they can make a whole mode out of it, Dynasty Warriors Empires style.

Hopefully.

I just want them to clarify during the livestream as there is a lot of misinformation going about whether they're cutting characters or not.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hopefully.

I just want them to clarify during the livestream as there is a lot of misinformation going about whether they're cutting characters or not.
They haven't said anything about cutting characters, just that the roster is huge. How ever there are people assuming the worst due to the new main combat system being air focused as a change

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
They haven't said anything about cutting characters, just that the roster is huge. How ever there are people assuming the worst due to the new main combat system being air focused as a change

Its more to with a section from the latest Famitsu leak talking about cutting characters and that Magellan may be one of them.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
FYI that's the Famitsu writer speculating due to the new air combat

Hopefully that is all it is.

On a related note there was apparently a roster leak on 4chan (Take with a massive grain of salt):

• All Straw hats will have arc appropriate attire (doubtful)
  • PTS Zoro will no longer only have his jacket (maybe)
  • All Supernovas minus Bonnie playable (doubtful)
  • All East Blue villains including Hacchi playable (maybe)
  • Mr 2 and Mr 3 playable (good chance)
  • Doffy's execs minus Pica playable (doubtful)
  • Barto, Sai, Cavendish, Chinjou playable (likely)
  • Dream Log replaced with Adventure Mode from Hyrule Warriors (maybe)

I don't really think this is legit, but if so then they're really going all in on this game.

Hopefully that is all it is.

On a related note there was apparently a roster leak on 4chan (Take with a massive grain of salt):

• All Straw hats will have arc appropriate attire (doubtful)
  • PTS Zoro will no longer only have his jacket (maybe)
  • All Supernovas minus Bonnie playable (doubtful)
  • All East Blue villains including Hacchi playable (maybe)
  • Mr 2 and Mr 3 playable (good chance)
  • Doffy's execs minus Pica playable (doubtful)
  • Barto, Sai, Cavendish, Chinjou playable (likely)
  • Dream Log replaced with Adventure Mode from Hyrule Warriors (maybe)

I don't really think this is legit, but if so then they're really going all in on this game.

Still hope these Big Mom Pirates make it:
- Big Mom
- Pudding
- Katakuri
- Cracker
- Smoothie

(No Amande AgentLampshade )

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think it is fake as well what gives it away funnily is the arc appropriate attires. They've had 3 games to gradually do this but choose to do it all in one go for this, its honestly nothing but a wish list.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think it is fake as well what gives it away funnily is the arc appropriate attires. They've had 3 games to gradually do this but choose to do it all in one go for this, its honestly nothing but a wish list.
Yes, this is ultimately what debunks it, but it's the thing I want the most, lol.