• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I saw like maybe 2 or 3 new characters in that trailer and idk who among them was this Wano fella but fuck it idc, just give me the game already.

I got into PW3 from Era after going through a Musou slump, they recommended it and not only did I find a new musou game to play that I ended up loving but it was also was the best one KT had done in terms of character and combat design since DW8XL. Super looking forward to getting this on day one.

Oct 25, 2017
I saw like maybe 2 or 3 new characters in that trailer and idk who among them was this Wano fella but fuck it idc, just give me the game already.

I got into PW3 from Era after going through a Musou slump, they recommended it and not only did I find a new musou game to play that I ended up loving but it was also was the best one KT had done in terms of character and combat design since DW8XL. Super looking forward to getting this on day one.
Lol wano is the name of the country and current arc

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Still hope these Big Mom Pirates make it:
- Big Mom
- Pudding
- Katakuri
- Cracker
- Smoothie

(No Amande AgentLampshade )
9e183524f421fb9479d9d7387baf844e1ba44e40v2_hq.jpg

Big One

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah the One Piece musou games have a lot more variety in terms of playstyles even compared to the main Dynasty Warriors games due to the wackiness of all the characters lol

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
C'mon, just show Katakuri, Barto, and Bege already. We know they're coming.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling they're gonna push Wano harder than they have for any other story arc over the next couple of years.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
It was quite clear that the Wano portion would be an original take since the trailer actually shows Carrot doing something. :P

Honestly I think it is fake as well what gives it away funnily is the arc appropriate attires. They've had 3 games to gradually do this but choose to do it all in one go for this, its honestly nothing but a wish list.

I mean, the trailers we've seen already don't really have arc appropriate attire. Unless they're deliberately not showing them in the trailers for whatever reason.

Also not quite expecting every Supernova to be playable, Killer and Apoo haven't really done much until very recently and this game won't go that far into Wano, plus making Urouge playable also seems unlikely since everything notable he's done has been offscreen. Even Hawkins is pretty dependent on how far they go into Wano. I don't expect it to go further than "Act 1," but even then they might not get everything that happened prior to that.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
I personaly want Koala and Smoothie.

I can picture Smoothie having some sort of mechanic where she gets bigger by absorbing the moisture of enemies and shrinks back when using certain moves.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
It was quite clear that the Wano portion would be an original take since the trailer actually shows Carrot doing something. :P

I mean, the trailers we've seen already don't really have arc appropriate attire. Unless they're deliberately not showing them in the trailers for whatever reason.

Also not quite expecting every Supernova to be playable, Killer and Apoo haven't really done much until very recently and this game won't go that far into Wano, plus making Urouge playable also seems unlikely since everything notable he's done has been offscreen. Even Hawkins is pretty dependent on how far they go into Wano. I don't expect it to go further than "Act 1," but even then they might not get everything that happened prior to that.
I can see Hawkins being both playable and as a boss using his Straw Man summon. It could go either way.
Even if they aren't all playable, give the Supernovas a model and support moves at least.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Drake's hybrid form looks really cool but I doubt they managed to put it in the game considering it was very recent.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Also I really hope they put back in the intros and outros for every character, I loved them in 2 but for some reason they weren't in 3.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Perona popularity escapes me more then Marcos.

I guess its because there no other Goth Girl/Goth like character to attach yourself too

In hindsight I get it, cool design and powers, but I was just completely oblivious to it because I was binging through the anime at the time completely isolated from the community lol

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Perona is too popular to not be in.

Tbh, I don't know why they would cut characters in the first place. I'm still confused about this.
It's sequel reduction theory, which is applied by many that any change in mechanics in a sequel means characters will be cut(ignoring that musou games have a ridiculous retention level) combined with the game's new focus on the core playable characters having a high level of air combos while ignoring the fact that there are plenty of One Piece characters that are giant(or heck will already be enemies). Obviously giant characters will still be playable and obviously they won't have every character have air mechanics if it doesn't suit the character. I mean how is Franky supposed to have an air game? Or heck Jimbe for that matter

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It's sequel reduction theory, which is applied by many that any change in mechanics in a sequel means characters will be cut(ignoring that musou games have a ridiculous retention level) combined with the game's new focus on the core playable characters having a high level of air combos while ignoring the fact that there are plenty of One Piece characters that are giant(or heck will already be enemies). Obviously giant characters will still be playable and obviously they won't have every character have air mechanics if it doesn't suit the character. I mean how is Franky supposed to have an air game? Or heck Jimbe for that matter

Air combos with Big Mom or no buy

Oct 26, 2017
That's very arbitrary. Air combos by their nature aren't realistic. Don't see why seeing someone like Big Mom or Franky pulling off air combos would be an issue when both characters are surprisingly quick for their size.
Jimbei is light on his feet. Man's got hops!
NearInfatuatedHart-max-1mb.gif

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Perona popularity escapes me more then Marcos.

I guess its because there no other Goth Girl/Goth like character to attach yourself too
I can see why Marco is popular. Everyone likes pineapples.
That's very arbitrary. Air combos by their nature aren't realistic. Don't see why seeing someone like Big Mom or Franky pulling off air combos would be an issue when both characters are surprisingly quick for their size.
Jimbei is light on his feet. Man's got hops!
NearInfatuatedHart-max-1mb.gif
Yeah we've seen Jinbe pull off air moves a surprising amount. I think it's due to his slow PW3 gameplay that people feel it won't work. I can also see Whitebeard having a stupid powerful Helm Breaker move.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean my point was Jimbe still has his old moveset for the most part so don't rule anyone out! Oh And ooo he should be classed as a straw hat this time!

On a separate note I'm feeling crappy, so I want some gaming comfort food mood so I'm diving back into 3, I beat the story but still have a ton of the legends to fill out, coins to get, dream log to beat, and one character to unlock(second to last in the other category) plus plenty of characters to grind.
Speaking of who is easiest to limit break first?