• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean my point was Jimbe still has his old moveset for the most part so don't rule anyone out! Oh And ooo he should be classed as a straw hat this time!

On a separate note I'm feeling crappy, so I want some gaming comfort food mood so I'm diving back into 3, I beat the story but still have a ton of the legends to fill out, coins to get, dream log to beat, and one character to unlock(second to last in the other category) plus plenty of characters to grind.
Speaking of who is easiest to limit break first?

I don't remember who has the easiest limit to break, but I know for certain that all of the people who have Conqueror's Haki are the most difficult since you need to S Rank everything in the Dream Log.

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember who has the easiest limit to break, but I know for certain that all of the people who have Conqueror's Haki are the most difficult since you need to S Rank everything in the Dream Log.
Since all of them rely on random drops from bounties, whoever's coins you get first :P

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Since all of them rely on random drops from bounties, whoever's coins you get first :P
Hm I'm thinking Perona has decent odds since she only needs 2 from random drops(and her moveset it fun)

Hm I wonder if Pudding could partially be a Perona clone but with amnesia stun instead of depression plus third eye stun
Edit: and death by chocolate for sure

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I would say every single PW had amazing finales because of dumb crazy BS.

I dunno if anything can top PW2 if only in that it likely inspired the Blackbeard/Moria alliance to become canon (or really just that game's obsession with left-field pirate alliances in general, with the Crocodile/Arlong/Perona one being my personal favorite), but I'm down with whatever insane fanfiction nonsense they throw at us. Their take on Dressrosa was a treasure.

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if anything can top PW2 if only in that it likely inspired the Blackbeard/Moria alliance to become canon (or really just that game's obsession with left-field pirate alliances in general, with the Crocodile/Arlong/Perona one being my personal favorite), but I'm down with whatever insane fanfiction nonsense they throw at us. Their take on Dressrosa was a treasure.
I just absolutely lost it when you get to the true ending path and they start unleashing their DBZ auras in preparation for the final clash.
Also helps that Blackbeard's theme, heard throughout the game as this

turns into this for the final mission

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hmm ok having fun diving back in, and so here's my predictions. It's hard to know who'll they'll add from scratch although I imagine Bege and Hawkins will show up as bosses if not be fully playable(Drake as well). I imagine we'll get a few of the Flamingo family and one or two playable. Some of the Samurai as well.

But as for what's really I think I can predict is upgrades, namely there's 3 Npc's I definitely think will get upgraded to playable due to recurring story status and I think those are: Hachi, Bellamy and Mr 3. They all are still playing a role in the story and are reasonably popular. Wouldn't rule out Arlong, Blackbeard's wrestler and Wapol but I'd say their odds are lower

Very curious to see the additions(I mean I'd love to see playable Lapin and Monet

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Playable Hawkins would legit. I also want the All Stars, though we'll probably just get Jack.

Oh shit, we'll probably get some of the Scabbards too.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You know on second thought, considering how fleshed our her moveset was in 3 as a boss and considering this game is focused on air combos maybe Monet actually has decent odds of being promoted to playable(I hope)

Querilous

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of Carrot:

Contains footage of Sulong transformation around 6:08. Looks..... underwhelming (and it's just a move, not a proper transformation).

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Lots of Carrot:

Contains footage of Sulong transformation around 6:08. Looks..... underwhelming (and it's just a move, not a proper transformation).

Hunh that's interesting, the maps are now in regions rather than the tradition fort linear layouts for the new locations at least, that's cool

Also possible it's both and her boosted form just isn't available in the demo

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Omg I missed this thread

SO HYPE! Super cool that Wano is in.

Drake looks goofy as fuck but I'll take it, I've been asking for Drake in PW for a long time. I hope more of the cast from Dressrosa will also be in

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad to see they're significantly renovating these old movesets
I'm hopeful that Nami can finally get a movelist that doesn't re-use a bunch of animations for different chains

Hopefully Chopper can also get some more varied representation of his forms

Also looks like we're back to character types (speed, technique, power, etc.)

I think people were saying they're supposed to have an interview about PW4 at TGS? Any idea when that's happening?

OP
OP
Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I think people were saying they're supposed to have an interview about PW4 at TGS? Any idea when that's happening?
EEFtuk-UYAE_KIa

I know there's this show on the 15th (14th for us in the west).

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not a fair comparison but man, Luffy's gameplay looks so much better compared to others.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy that load time on the Carrot vid.
As an aside, I really don't like the games key art. It looks like Luffy's punching way behind him while facing forward.
Carrots FFB ISN'T Sulong?! That's... what?!
Oh, it's a special move. Yeah, that's super underwhelming.
"Animal Kingdom Pirates." What next? We renaming him Zolo while searching for ponegliffs on Elbaph?
I do like the UI though, it's much better than 3s.
Law appears to be in his Dressrosa outfit. I've never liked this outfit. Give me his Zou shirt or crowfeather jumper.
Wano is very drab compared to Whole Cake. Appropriate I suppose, but still...
Kuzan gameplay looks very similar to his PW3 gameplay. Player didn't use much air combos, but the few I saw looked really good.
Didn't watch Zoro video. Pretty much know what to expect.
Ichiji looks really good, and I'm very annoyed by that. Fuck Germa.

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017

Here's a commentated demo walkthrough from the devs. It sounds like you'll be able to customize your Special Move palette?

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn Ichiji looking good, can't wait to see Nichiji, pre-order uncancelled

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Red boy looks good but seeing him animated makes him look even more out of context. I don't watch the anime so this is the first time I see him animated. Feels like he belongs in a completely different game/franchise. Like Iron Man or some other super-hero Avengers-ish gundam-style shenanigan.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I just realized, with the new air combat combo focus, Marco should be awesome when he's retooled

OP
OP
Dale Copper

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018

Over 40 isn't a lot seeing how PW3 had 37, so either:

1. It's just a generic PR answer that not something to read into much.

2. There's either not a lot they are adding and they are keeping the number of new low.

3. They are removing a lot and adding more new, seeing how they said this.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Over 40 isn't a lot seeing how PW3 had 37, so either:

1. It's just a generic PR answer that not something to read into much.

2. There's either not a lot they are adding and they are keeping the number of new low.

3. They are removing a lot and adding more new, seeing how they said this.

I think them overhauling the combat system and focusing on airial combat is the reason we are not getting too many new characters. I bet they have to change a lot of characters to account for airial combat now.