• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... With the new 6+ Akainu, I don't see myself using his 6* form so I think I can finally Ray shop the dupe I've held onto forever.

Since I skipped the last TM, I've ended up in East blue. It's nice not having to worry about making unique teams for everything but man... It's taking me forever to get 3 million points. At least it's a good way to max limit break my v2g4 and all the other units I've missed.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I didn't even looked at round 2 but the gap is huge after only one day... And apparently i'm in Katakuri team that's unfortunate.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
First red ticket was a judge dupe

My Germa team inches ever forward towards being rainbowed

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Salty donuts ain't good for your health! Mmmm I wonder what I'll pull with the 5 gems reward... V2 Kata? Carrot? Inu/Neko?

3m ticket was dupe KFL, 5m ticket was dupe V1 Kuzan. Been a while, hadn't pulled them since... the Blitz 3 days ago.

#TeamBarf

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
So basically, any TM unit needs to be fully limit broken so that they can reach their max potential. The game gives you 30 copies of Kaido so that you can fully rainbow him (his character portrait will have a rainbow border once you're done) and max his special at the same time (without using extra skillbooks) and also get useful sockets. To get the most out of your 30 copies, you need to do things in this order :
1) Get your copy to max level with exp items
2) Max his mastery points by using in him in your crew in TM and feeding him the mastery potions you find during TM
3) Limit break him fully
4) Then you feed the 30 copies to your Kaido, each copy will fill up one of Limit Break node/potential abilities, you need 8 copies to rainbow him. Also each copy will give you a chance at leveling up his special (he should be maxed out within 30 copies since it's 2x skillup atm) and on top of that you get 1 random socket per copy.
5) Enjoy your maxed out Kaido!

If you feed the copies before limit breaking your unit, you'll only get a shot at leveling the special and a random socket, you'll miss out on maxing out his LB abilities.

For Big Mom, you need to buy at least 1 copy (500 tickets) + the limit break set (4340 tickets). You'll also need to either buy or use the LB potions you found. Then if you have spare tickets, buying the skillbooks at 100 tickets a pop is very important too, you want to max her special so that you don't have to stall extra turns before you can use her. Buying 8 extra copies to rainbow her isn't necessary at first though, you can leave that for later. Sockets are not mandatory either, you'll naturally get forbidden tomes just playing the game(make sure to do that 5 stamina daily island to get 7 forbidden tomes). Maxing out an old TM unit with tickets is pretty expensive as you can see if you've just started, not sure it's possible during your first TM but after a few TMs you'll have enough blue tickets so don't worry if you can't get her yet.

And if you can't avoid promotion, I guess you might aswell try go as high as you can, the ranking rewards are pretty good and so is the loot. You can always get demoted again next TM.

Thanks, that really helps me alot, believe it!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Starting off strong with 3mil = SanjiV1 dupe.

I'm moving slow this TM, usually I'm at least 5mil this time. Point boosters aren't cutting it and real life is taking priority a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
Running double Neptune on half stamina Raid Boa to limit break her and max her support is some pretty beefy XP. Same thing for Raid Sabo. And if you're really dedicated, you can run the half stamina Red Hair Pirates FN and one of the secret stages gives bonus XP. 133,515 XP for 30 stamina isn't half bad.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Yess I pulled Nami! Really, really happy that I finally got her.

Been taking it real easy this TM and I'm hovering around 2k atm.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Even moreso than last month this feels like an extremely uncompetitive treasure map

Feel like I'm letting a ton of stamina go to waste and haven't gemmed and will still easily get my bonus legend

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
V2 Fuji for the 1st legend. Least he's new. Double glad I didn't choose him earlier.
V1 Jinbe for the 2nd. A big wet fart there.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
5mil was Lucy. I'll keep the dupe in case he ever gets a branching 6+ though I think that's a loooong way away, if ever

gasmo Usopp is situational. Guaranteed delay is nice to have

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Grats to everyone who pulled something new! :)

Didn't get to play much, just tried to empty my TM stamina bar but my normal stamina has remained maxed out. Feels like it's harder to stay in the top 1.5k this time, maybe everyone else is taking advantage of the 3x exp ship to refill faster.....

Also looks like someone here just rainbowed their Snakeman, grats. =p

Running double Neptune on half stamina Raid Boa to limit break her and max her support is some pretty beefy XP. Same thing for Raid Sabo. And if you're really dedicated, you can run the half stamina Red Hair Pirates FN and one of the secret stages gives bonus XP. 133,515 XP for 30 stamina isn't half bad.

Thanks for the heads up, will try that tomorrow probably!

Thanks, that really helps me alot, believe it!

You're welcome! The different systems they've added can be pretty confusing at first, so feel free to ask questions. :)

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully competition is less one you hit 5mil. I'll probably rank somewhere in the 3k and that's fine for me. I've only spent 1 gem all TM, that's because my Kaido team wasn't up to par around Nav level 25 and I lost. Worth the one gem to keep the streak, and the adjusted team is doing fine now

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Got Hody and Marco as my free dupes. I think that makes like six Marcos for me now? I lost count.

I did manage to rainbow WBv2 though, it only took most of my slot bind tablet rewards. Those things are really the limiting factor in rainbowing legends since damn everyone has that ability.

TM Nami is next, so back to the usual schedule. Christmas in July!

Chris Rysdyk

Feb 22, 2018
I used my tablets to try and rainbow my snakeman but two of the tablets did nothing even though I feed him 5 of the same one

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Yaaaay Katakuari again. This'll be.... fun.

Ranked 3-3.5k as expected. And Nami is coming next so we're back on track I guess. She does a lot of good stuff so happy to have her.

Spending today farming ColoJozu, who I apparently got one copy and bounced? Easy to do with a double Neptune team so I'm still getting EXP at least.

Chris Rysdyk Tell me about it. Went 1/10 on tablets I had saved for snakeman. Going to take a while to rainbow him, everyone needs Pinch healing and slot bind it feels like

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Once we get the new Kizuna Battle mode, it will get much easier to rainbow units too. There's no comparison between TM and the new mode, you can earn 10x more tablets, with much less effort too.

Finished TM at 1620 with 38 runs, which is 5-6 runs less than I normally do. Dropped out of the top 1.5K but that's ok, not a huge difference in rewards.

I've been switched to Team Katakuri now............ And this round matters a lot more with an extra legend for the winning side iirc.

Just got my 3 daily gems, taking a rest before TM starts tomorrow on JP. Going to be very painful, the rate boosted units list is pitiful, I only own 6+ V1 Akainu from the 5 boosted legends.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Ayyyyy I changed to Luffy! This is better for me if Bandai really does rig it for Luffy to win it all

EDIT: Looked up TM Lucci and... yikes, that's a lot of stuff he does. Teambuilding looks a mess, and my casual account isn't up to snuff even at middle league. Think I'm gonna sit this TM out, drop down and farm the next one easier. Lucci himself doesn't interest me that much, what with the HP limit on his special

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
weird, after Round 2 finished I switched from Katakuri to Luffy but now it's back to Katakuri again?

Oh well I didn't need that extra legend anyway

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to take my new Warco for a spin and clear my last remaining forest, Big Mom. Took a few tries since I messed up stalling, but eventually got it right. All forests are done, again. I think the germa ship is a gem island and Hoe I know is, so... yeah, no more forests for a while

EDIT: TM Rewards are out. My red ticket got me RayV2. Already had two so away he goes. Ironically, to his own shop

Last edited:

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Got Mihawk from my free legend, an old legend that i haven't been able to pull. He seems good but sort of obsolete now :/

Oct 25, 2017
I got Log Luffy.

(╯°Д°)╯︵┻━┻

Fuck off. At this point just retire the unit. He's so bad, he doesn't even have a niche use.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Hello guys!

I need some insights.
I am still really newb at this but I believe I have some solid captains.
G4 V2, Sanji V2, Lucci V2, Sabo V2 (not lucy) and now I also received Akainu v2.

I believe I can make some good teams, It's all very fresh to me, but I also believe what I lack now is supports and I should focus on that (correct me if i'm wrong). (edit2: i mean the rest of the crew, not support support)
Other chars consists in marco, TM shanks, amande and thats it, nothing else much interesting, I can still choose between jack, shirahoshi and magellan from an email (Will probably go for magallan).

My plan was to save for Germa 66 french anni, but is there any other suggestion? Should I aim for supports or something else?

Last edited:

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Hello guys!

I need some insights.
I am still really newb at this but I believe I have some solid captains.
G4 V2, Sanji V2, Lucci V2, Sabo V2 (not lucy) and now I also received Akainu v2.

I believe I can make some good teams, It's all very fresh to me, but I also believe what I lack now is supports and I should focus on that (correct me if i'm wrong).
Other chars consists in marco, TM shanks, amande and thats it, nothing else much interesting, I can still choose between jack, shirahoshi and magellan from an email (Will probably go for magallan).

My plan was to save for Germa 66 french anni, but is there any other suggestion? Should I aim for supports or something else?
I think your units in your team will be more important than support units (unless you meant your crew?). I'm not sure how close is the French Anni but I think you can get by with f2p units with those Captains. There will be content you can't clear because some RR are just too good.

Try farming certain raids that multiple captains can use, like Fujitora, Rayleigh, or Bartolomeo. Also, if your pirate level is too low, I suggest farming coliseum Neptune. He gives you an extra x1.5 exp when you used him as a captain. Smoothie is also a strong unit but it might not be easily cleared if you don't have the right units.

SmartSelect_20190612-162027_Samsung_Internet.jpg
My team for round 3, although I think only Luffy and judge are boosted. I have Reiju but not her 5+ form, which would have allowed me to use someone other than Marigold. Support units are Sandersonia, Oven, and raid Sanji.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I think your units in your team will be more important than support units (unless you meant your crew?). I'm not sure how close is the French Anni but I think you can get by with f2p units with those Captains. There will be content you can't clear because some RR are just too good.

Try farming certain raids that multiple captains can use, like Fujitora, Rayleigh, or Bartolomeo. Also, if your pirate level is too low, I suggest farming coliseum Neptune. He gives you an extra x1.5 exp when you used him as a captain. Smoothie is also a strong unit but it might not be easily cleared if you don't have the right units.

My team for round 3, although I think only Luffy and judge are boosted. I have Reiju but not her 5+ form, which would have allowed me to use someone other than Marigold. Support units are Sandersonia, Oven, and raid Sanji.
Yeah I ment the rest of the crew because I feel I got the damage but I lack healers and how to resolve the problems the game puts in front of me, like to cure from rcv block etc, I will try to find those f2p units.
I have been farming some raid units but not to their full extent, just a copy or two.
I am focusing on smoothie i'm at the last stage atm.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I ment the rest of the crew because I feel I got the damage but I lack healers and how to resolve the problems the game puts in front of me, like to cure from rcv block etc, I will try to find those f2p units.
I have been farming some raid units but not to their full extent, just a copy or two.
One of the problem with this game is that getting 1 unit is usually not enough, especially if they come from a raid or coliseum. The units you get usually has +30 turns for their special and stalling that many turns can be either really tedious it just straight up impossible. Whenever you're done getting 1 copy of each, you may have to focus on farming one unit (alternatively you could use your Almighty skill books but I don't recommend it) just to get their specials low enough to be usable.

If you're lacking defensive units, here's a site that let's you look for specific units based on the criteria you're looking for: http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/search/
Just set what you're looking for on the left hand side (like what color, class, special, sailor ability, or a combination of these) and it'll pull up the character's info. You may want to check "farmable units" if you want to see what you can farm (assuming the coliseum or raid is currently in progress).

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Congrats to the lucky few who pulled something new! Got a dupe Barto, think I'm on a streak of 15+ dupes from free red tickets over the last two months. Can't complain though since I had some crazy good luck before that.

EDIT: Looked up TM Lucci and... yikes, that's a lot of stuff he does. Teambuilding looks a mess, and my casual account isn't up to snuff even at middle league. Think I'm gonna sit this TM out, drop down and farm the next one easier. Lucci himself doesn't interest me that much, what with the HP limit on his special

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty bummed by this TM. Not only is Lucci a pretty garbage unit, the boosted list is pathetic (either you pulled the last 4 legends or you're out of luck) and it's a pre-emptive spamfest. It's possibly the toughest TM to date. Look at this :

STAGE 6 Lucci

• 400,000 HP, attacks for 3,100 every turn
  • Preemptively changes both Captains orbs to BLOCK
  • Preemptively changes Middle and Lower Row characters orbs to Badly Matching
  • Preemptively changes Type to DEX
  • Preemptively Seals Orbs of Captains for 5 turns
  • Preemptively gives 3 turns of Blindness
  • Preemptively puts up a 3 turn 3 PERFECT Barrier

STAGE 7 Lucci

• 1,000,000 HP, attacks for 4,500 every turn
  • Preemptively puts up 99 turns of Delay Immunity
  • Preemptively Despairs Captain for 5 turns
  • Preemptively Special Seals for 2 turns
  • Preemptively gives 2 turns of Chain Co-Efficient Decrease
  • After 3 turns (once): Boosts his ATK by 1.5x for 99 turns and locks the chain to 1.3x for 5 turns
  • Below 50% HP (once): Enrages for 10 turns (Doubles his ATK)
  • Below 20% HP (once): Blows away 4 random characters for 4 turns
  • On Death: Heals to 100% HP, limits crew to 2 specials for 99 turns, and puts up 4 turns of Percent Damage Reduction
Hello? I thought we were supposed to get easier TM?? That didn't last long.

Also when I meant Sabo V2 I mean Sabo v3 the dex one lol

You meant right, there's no Sabo V3 =p

weird, after Round 2 finished I switched from Katakuri to Luffy but now it's back to Katakuri again?

Oh well I didn't need that extra legend anyway

I'm on the same team as Kyou, the kiss of death... I mean, you can't give up on those 5K RP brother!! #Donut4Life

As Heng said really well, you can farm a lot of very useful support/utility F2P units from TM, Raids and Coliseums. The whole game is kinda centered around farming plenty of copies from the same unit to max it out though. You really want to get at least enough copies to max their special, usually 30-40 copies for a F2P unit if you feed them during 2x skillup (always wait for 2x skillup). Later on you want to limit break those F2P units and sometimes rainbow them. Don't worry if you can't max out a unit straight away, they usually come back regularly and some of them are even permanent content.

For the utility/support Rare Recruits (gold poster units), you should wait for a good sugofest, usually the better RRs are boosted so you'll get some of them eventually. There's no reason to pull outside of sugofests. Also definitely pick Shirahoshi or Magellan, both are amazing units to have. Shirahoshi is great utility, works on so many teams as a healer and is the only unit that gives rainbow orbs (can't be shuffled so it bypasses a lot of mechanics). Magellan is great utility too and allows you to cheese through very tough content that even some top legends can't beat.

But yeah the most recent content can be pretty tough for a brand new account, even if you have a lot of great captains you just won't have the right units to remove a certain debuff and you won't have the sockets nor the specials maxed out. I suggest tackling the easier difficulty and farming the older but useful raids. You can also farm Smoothie on Underground difficulty if you can't clear the Chaos version, the drop rate is pretty good, about 40%. A few of us prefer to farm new Coliseum that way. Just take it easy and go at your own pace.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
It's annoying that they changed the 30 stamina to where we can't hit 99 million damage with Doffy... I got this team off twitch (who probably got it off Reddit):

I was able to get 25 million damage on the 10 stamina version. Slightly worse than 99 million but better than nothing I suppose. You could probably get more damage if you had v2 shanks/v2 Sabo/Nami. I might try experimenting with Sandersonia. In theroy, she should be better than Hancock but I would need to fully support break my Marigold...