• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Heng EMT0 is it possible to get Bounceman through the retry 10 batch? And Jack I just try through my first 2 general draws right?

Yep, def possible. If I remember right there's a beginner's Sugo that's only available for the first couple of days(a week maybe?) that has an extremely stacked Legend pool to pull from with a guaranteed limited pool Legend on the 5th(?) multi. So the general goal would be to start with Boundman and go into that beginner's Sugofest.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well the good news is that with the current hand outs I can do 3 pulls from the event(so 17 rainbow gems... honestly I didn't figure it'd take too long I'd go for the 30 gen 10 roll

Edit wait am I missing something it said originally it used to give 2 free premium rare pulls or has that changed?
Nm found it, say is this Akainu V2?
MGgolGD.jpg

EMT0

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Heng EMT0 sorry For The double post but edited tags don't do notifications. So I got Bounceman as well(also Luffy 1120, and Pudding 2152) as my other rares, is this batch worth keeping or give it another go?

Edit: whoops misread V2 was the tougher one, guess it's time for another reroll

Last edited:

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly are your Legends? Boundman, Log Luffy, V2 Akainu? Anything else? And how many pulls have you done on the beginner Sugo so far?

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
3 on the sugo, nothing major. Here's my legends I think, everything lvl4 and higher character wise

Oh, that's not the Gear 4th you want at all. I'm actually not sure how you managed to pull him since he's a super evolution, but you want this Gear 4th. Legends are anything that can evolve and is at 5*, fully evolved at either 6* or 6*+
If you're done with rerolling V2 Akainu can carry you through anything early on and well into the late game but he's rather tedious to use for someone new to the game(IMO).

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh, that's not the Gear 4th you want at all. I'm actually not sure how you managed to pull him since he's a super evolution, but you want this Gear 4th. Legends are anything that can evolve and is at 5*, fully evolved at either 6* or 6*+
If you're done with rerolling V2 Akainu can carry you through anything early on and well into the late game but he's rather tedious to use for someone new to the game(IMO).
Shrug I'm up for one more reroll well for tonight at least. Also mind clarifying which sugo I should be pulling from? Also from the mail/tutorial I've been getting 17 gems, one tutorial pull, 1 premium pull and the 10 straw hat retry pulls, does that sound like the right number of stuff?

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Shrug I'm up for one more reroll well for tonight at least. Also mind clarifying which sugo I should be pulling from? Also from the mail/tutorial I've been getting 17 gems, one tutorial pull, 1 premium pull and the 10 straw hat retry pulls, does that sound like the right number of stuff?

Alright so ignoring all of that stuff(just take it for granted), when you're on the main screen there should be a burning tavern button. If you go there you'll see the gacha aspect of the game, Sugofests. You should be able to keep mashing the arrow buttons on either side of the screen once the tavern pops up until you see something along the lines of beginner Sugofest. Poke around, there's should be an event info button that fills you in on what you can pull from that banner and for how long it's available. Ideally, you want to rush as many gems as possible to get as many pulls as possible because the Legends you can pull on that banner are stacked

EDIT from Reddit:
We are no longer able to reroll when a new sugo starts since completing the tutorial will no longer give 50 gems, but will allow us to do a 10 wanted poster pull which consists only of strawhats (These can be Story/RR/Legends strawhats). You are able to retry pulling 10 wanted posters as many times as you want until you confirm that you want those specific 10 wanted posters. To reroll you dont have to complete the pesky tutorial. There is a simple button to just try pulling another 10 posters.

After you confirm what 10 posters you want, you can see the beginner sugo fest. The beginner sugofest lasts for 72 hours and all posters are guaranteed to be 4 star or better and the last poster of the first (all legends), second (specific pool) and third (smaller specific pool) are guaranteed to be legends. On top of this, all characters that you pull during the beginner sugo will be lvl 50 and have a special level of 4. This includes the legends.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Alright so ignoring all of that stuff(just take it for granted), when you're on the main screen there should be a burning tavern button. If you go there you'll see the gacha aspect of the game, Sugofests. You should be able to keep mashing the arrow buttons on either side of the screen once the tavern pops up until you see something along the lines of beginner Sugofest. Poke around, there's should be an event info button that fills you in on what you can pull from that banner and for how long it's available. Ideally, you want to rush as many gems as possible to get as many pulls as possible because the Legends you can pull on that banner are stacked
Oh ok, it's the first one with the count down time timer, whoops I've been doing the second one to try for Jack. Ok then I got 3 pulls to start with then, and I want to be going for one of the guys mentioned on the last page like Marco/wb right?

FYI I can see the beginner sugo before doing the 10 pull

Last edited:

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh ok, it's the first one with the count down time timer, whoops I've been doing the second one to try for Jack. Ok then I got 3 pulls to start with then, and I want to be going for one of the guys mentioned on the last page like Marco/wb right?

FYI I can see the beginner sugo before doing the 10 pull

The real goal is to reroll into V2G4(the G4 I linked earlier) with your reroll that can be reset forever. From there whatever you pull on your 3 multis in the beginner Sugo are just gravy

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sigh I don't know if any of these will work but I'm done for tonight

If i have nothing I'll try one more complete reset reroll in the morning... but we'll see, sigh wish I'd stopped and checked with new world Luffy with the going merry

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh I don't know if any of these will work but I'm done for tonight

If i have nothing I'll try one more complete reset reroll in the morning... but we'll see, sigh wish I'd stopped and checked with new world Luffy with the going merry

Honestly, you should reroll your first multi (your first 10) until you get a good legend. The ones I mentioned in my last post (the one I would personally soon for and not the giant list of legends) should be the one you're aiming for. Jack gives x2 exp + 3x damage multiplier, which when used with another Jack, will give you a total of x4 exp + 9x damage, not counting your ships either. The reason exp will be super important to you when you're starting out is due to the cost restriction on your team early in the game. You will probably not have room on your team for an evolved legend until you get to like 200+ levels so I would try to get Jack (the red version) on my first 10 and keep it with whatever it came with, even if it's shitty legends like Rayleigh.

I'm not sure if the reroll still works this way, I got my info from this video:

I wouldn't recommend V1 Ray, Sengoku, or V1 Sanji to a new player. The last one needs you to clear an island for evolution skulls to get useful, while the other two are horribly outdated with zero legs. Otherwise great recommendations
True, the only reason I recommended those is because how easy it is to team build with those legends, especially at the start. However, I wouldn't say they have no legs at all, especially since Japan's version is introducing the new LB+ system. By the time he gets to the point where Ray, Sen, and Sanji becomes obsolete, he should have a few new legends he can play with. And doesn't v1 Rayleigh have 100% clear rate (albeit a legend heavy team)?

With the new crocodile and the introduction of LB+, I think we're going to see new life in V1 Rayleigh. There's no way they're not going to make him similar to v2 Sanji's CA. It would be odd otherwise to drop those info on us at the same time imo.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I was asleep during all that, so if there's any other questions I can assist, but I think the others covered it well. Welcome!

Time for me to spend 2 days going from 3mil to 7mil. Bleh.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks for the help guys but last night reminded me why I swore these off, I just spend too much time in them because I stick ftp. Did help suppress my pull urge for a bit though. Sorry for bothering you guys

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the help guys but last night reminded me why I swore these off, I just spend too much time in them because I stick ftp. Did help suppress my pull urge for a bit though. Sorry for bothering you guys
No one's bothered by this here. We all love the community aspects. When I joined again recently (played last year and deleted it, came back a month ago fully in it unlike before) everyone was happy to help out. You're doing a great job by reaching out for help because that's all people wanna do here.

Out of all the gacha mobile titles with an OT this has to be one of the most helpful communities.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Woah so many messages last couple days, great to see this thread very active! Want to reply to a lot of stuff but will need a bit of time, haven't got much free time and it's been taken up by the TMs.

My 3 mil ticket was a new Big Mom! Very happy about that, going to just use her with V2 Doffy sub to cheese future Raid Capone. Not the top tier legend she was a few months ago but still very powerful in some specific situations. Toilet luck is real, will try again ^__^

Also PSA for people who want to limit break their TM ranking Usopp, he gets barrier penetration. You can wait until after the TM to max him out if you plan on using him to break Doffy's barrier on the last stage.

Wait, does it not scale with your nav level? 60k seems like nothing when you're on like level 10...

It doesn't scale alas, pretty shocking. It's a flat rate, depends on your league though. BUt yeah if you only used the autoplay feature during the TM, you'd end up with about 500k-600k max, not even enough to max out a character. Pretty disappointing.

Also V2 slashers sugo coming after san/pud sugo with 2x legend rate, also 6+ v2 Fuji coming as well

Didn't realise it's a 2x legend rate. This is the last "skippable" sugo in a long while. Everyone was excited about Slashers revival but it was pretty short lived. Doesn't help that they 4 following sugos have been absolutely bonkers, with several must have/new meta units.

I swapped my teams around to prioritize getting LB juice points on as many people as possible, I'm running natural stamina and hang right over rank 500 so I figure I can prioritize what I really care about(LB juice).

I also checked out the new Slasher support and honestly, I started very underwhelmed but once I saw that they've got Bobbin and Brannew on their side plus actually decent Captains now, not to mention the inevitable LuffyLaw + V2 Big Mom, I walked away impressed. Slasher's gonna be looking pretty legit though Powerhouse and Cerebral probably have the crown for most flexible. How do people rate the classes nowadays anyways? From a brief skimming of JP stuff, my hot take:

1) Powerhouse for being both super powerful + super flexible, and the highest of highs if you're all in P2P
2) Cerebral
3) Striker, because the only difference between Cerebral and Striker is that Cerebral has SaboKoala as their beat lead whereas Striker have NekoInu as their best lead. Both have the Princess dual units and access to all the Namis so their utility is off the charts
4) Fighter, Powerhouse's overflow class
5) Free Spirit, only below Fighter because LuffyLaw and Snakeman aren't Free Spirit leads
6) Shooters, decent utility but weaker Captains
7) Slasher, lots of P2P to be competitive but otherwise strong and flexible
8) Driven, boy I sure hope you like pulling on LRR banners to have a remotely competitive squad contrasted to any other class

Thanks for posting this, been a long while since we had a class ranking discussion. Love those! About Slashers, they finally got the much needed buff they deserved with V2 Mihawk and Zoro yeah. But they were so far behind, it merely put them back in the middle/bottom of the tier list indeed. It's a straightforward batch but you kinda need to run the two new leads together, they are not quite as strong by themselves. Pulling the two newest legends to unlock their full potential is so P2P. And unfortunately they also are kinda "outdated" in their design, unlike Sanji/Judge or Barto/Cavendish who were released before them.

I'll come up with my class tier list when I have a bit more time, it's fairly similar to yours overall. But as a semi serious JP player, who tries to clear every single new piece of content and farm everything possible, I think "the meta" has switched a bit over the last few months from classes to :
1) Colour teams
2) Very very high damage with very very specific utility teams

The last big "class meta" was Powerhouse with Snakeman, V2 Kata, Cracker, Sanji/Judge but since then they released a lot more dual units/legends (who bring both damage and incredible utility) and more importantly Kizuna Battle, the new mode which is geared towards type teams.

The way that mode works, it's pretty much like those damage rankings we used to get. The game gives you 3 bosses of different colours with different buffs/debuffs. Basically 3 very specific puzzles to solve and you have to come up with the 3 highest damage teams to keep beating it. Yeah maybe you can clear it for a while with a POwerhouse Snakeman team or a full V2 Germa team but you really want that "optimal lead" instead. And usually it's colour based. That's why against some QCK boss, Nami 6+ will be vastly superior to a full V2 Germa team in Kizuna Battle.

That's why Bullet is so incredibly strong, being a rainbow damage dealer despite being a STR unit. Stampede Luffy is perfect for Kizuna aswell, his special is only self buff but he will hit for over 150m easily and when the INT boss starts getting over 120m, that's exactly what you want. Captains with a unique gimmick like Brook, Carrot, Capone have had a resurgence lately too because they bring a very strong counter for a very specific problem.

For "normal" content like new raids or coliseum, you usually can still run a lot of teams, fighter, slasher, driven etc. Just that for tougher content, I've seen more people go rainbow with Luffy/Law or try go for colour teams.

So, question to everyone. I've got 18K tickets available to buy TM characters with. I'm missing:

-Whitebeard
-G4
-Shanks
-Hancock
-Law
-Nami
-Kaido
-Oven&Smoothie
-6+ Cabbage skulls

What do you guys think I should do with my tickets? My preliminary takes:
  • Whitebeard seems niche and there's a wide enough pool of units that can output AOE damage through barrier nukes that he's low priority
  • G4 is a universal color affinity booster, a universal color affinity booster, but TM Shanks/Beckmann is coming. Nice to have but not urgent, IMO
  • Shanks looks like the best barrier reducer in the game even in JP. The only downside to choosing him is his double special costs a premium, I need to drop 9K tickets to buy just his dupes
  • Hancock, meh, Shooters, I don't have Capone, so she seems like limited utility. My best FS lead is unevolved Franky too so she'd see limited play. Plus there's the double special premium price.
  • Law, is looking interesting since I have Carrot and like to use her. But do I need him to clear content compared to say, Shanks or even G4? Not really. Plus the double special premium.
  • Nami's utility is solid and I've been looking for a reason to try out NekoInu. No dependencies on being rainbowed like the last three either.
  • Kaido seems janky as hell and I have no idea where he'd be useful. But he at least isn't rainbow-dependent
  • I honestly can't tell what SmoothieOven are supposed to be supporting. Sort of Cracker, sort of Shiki? Really they just seem like a decent standalone F2P lead that plays on their own. Not too interesting tbh. But at least none of that double special nonsense
  • 6+ Cabbage is still just Cabbage, and he has a 10K sticker price. Maybe if my Slasher teams got decent?
I'm thinking Nami -> Shanks -> G4 -> Law -> Whitebeard/Kaido -> Whitebeard/Kaido -> 6+ Cabbage -> Hancock -> SmoothieOven. Anyone got any advice for/against this plan, testimonies on a character that I rated low but has a lot of use maybe?

I concur with Heng and MitYH about Shanks, I think he's very good for a TM unit, I use him in most farm teams, coupled with Enel. You really want that double special alas.
Nami would be my 2nd best choice, incredible utility unit and still to this day on JP, she's a good enough F2P captain for TM. I'm using her right now for TM Blackbeard even. She will see some play in Kizuna too as a sub.

Might be controversial but I'm not sure G4 is worth it anymore, I haven't used him in a loooong time in both versions and it's coming from someone who loved that unit and thought he was the best TM char for a long while. It depends on your box though, nowadays there are a lot more colour affinity booster (albeit not universal). Him shuffling orbs randomly is a downside and the fact he's a Luffy unit doesn't help, in a game where most P2P Luffy units are top of the class.

3rd I'd go Smoothie/Oven or Law. Smoothie/Oven will be decent F2P captains for TM and their switch ability will be pretty useful in some niche situations, to pop resilience etc. Law is very good for Carrot, but he fits in a lot of teams actually and he's usually the best Law unit to pick to get access to that great legend Corazon support ability.

Whitebeard I've used him a lot as a wave clearer bypassing shields but not so much lately. As you said, we have a lot more options nowadays, with lower cooldowns aswell. Kaido I think isn't worth it at all, never needed him. Hancock is good for INT or shooter team, situationnal but I actually used her a few times at least. 6+ Cabbage, well he's Cabbage, he was during one TM I guess.

So for me it's : Shank -> Nami -> Smoothie/Oven -> Law -> G4 -> Boa -> Whitebeard -> 6+ Cabbage -> Kaido

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I concur with Heng and MitYH about Shanks, I think he's very good for a TM unit, I use him in most farm teams, coupled with Enel. You really want that double special alas.
Nami would be my 2nd best choice, incredible utility unit and still to this day on JP, she's a good enough F2P captain for TM. I'm using her right now for TM Blackbeard even. She will see some play in Kizuna too as a sub.

Might be controversial but I'm not sure G4 is worth it anymore, I haven't used him in a loooong time in both versions and it's coming from someone who loved that unit and thought he was the best TM char for a long while. It depends on your box though, nowadays there are a lot more colour affinity booster (albeit not universal). Him shuffling orbs randomly is a downside and the fact he's a Luffy unit doesn't help, in a game where most P2P Luffy units are top of the class.

3rd I'd go Smoothie/Oven or Law. Smoothie/Oven will be decent F2P captains for TM and their switch ability will be pretty useful in some niche situations, to pop resilience etc. Law is very good for Carrot, but he fits in a lot of teams actually and he's usually the best Law unit to pick to get access to that great legend Corazon support ability.

Whitebeard I've used him a lot as a wave clearer bypassing shields but not so much lately. As you said, we have a lot more options nowadays, with lower cooldowns aswell. Kaido I think isn't worth it at all, never needed him. Hancock is good for INT or shooter team, situationnal but I actually used her a few times at least. 6+ Cabbage, well he's Cabbage, he was during one TM I guess.

So for me it's : Shank -> Nami -> Smoothie/Oven -> Law -> G4 -> Boa -> Whitebeard -> 6+ Cabbage -> Kaido

I'm glad for the general agreement over Shanks and Nami being top of the TM list here, I've gone ahead and bought the materials to max LB Shanks and Nami, plus Shanks' dupes to rainbow him. I've almost finished up with maxing TM Doffy's LB purely off of runs which is really turning into a slog now that I'm past 3M and have no more rewards waiting for me in East Blue(dupe Aokiji V1). I'm still doing my runs to get as much LB juice on my units as possible but I won't be gemming.

Now time to focus on Coliseum Pica/Smoothie

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys! I've started playing this for the first time. Always wanted to play it but I hadn't read One Piece, now I finally have and can play the game.

I read a lot of the posts in the past two pages about rerolling and learned a lot. Right now I have:

http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/1934 (first character)

http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/1984 (from the mail special rare recruit)

From what I've read it seems like these guys are pretty solid. Now my question is should I keep this start? If I do then all I need to do is incessantly reroll the 10 roll until
I find Gear 4 Luffy right? Although I don't understand which one I need since there are two.

So yeah if I keep this I'll start with 3 sugofest characters, and then I should grind story for gems to do beginner banner? Thanks in advance, you guys seem like a really friendly and helpful crew!

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys! I've started playing this for the first time. Always wanted to play it but I hadn't read One Piece, now I finally have and can play the game.

I read a lot of the posts in the past two pages about rerolling and learned a lot. Right now I have:

http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/1934 (first character)

http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/1984 (from the mail special rare recruit)

From what I've read it seems like these guys are pretty solid. Now my question is should I keep this start? If I do then all I need to do is incessantly reroll the 10 roll until
I find Gear 4 Luffy right? Although I don't understand which one I need since there are two.

So yeah if I keep this I'll start with 3 sugofest characters, and then I should grind story for gems to do beginner banner? Thanks in advance, you guys seem like a really friendly and helpful crew!

Wow, that's an excellent start. You've also got everything correct, about V2G4, the link you posted includes him in his unevolved and evolved forms. So yes, either or. Everything else in your post is lined up perfectly, you want to hit up story mode for easy gems. Prioritize using your level ups to roll over stamina and keep clearing as much content as possible to maximize your gem count. You can def get to ~130 for 3 multis on the start Sugo within 72 hours, I've done it myself while rerolling although back then there was no beginner Sugofest. I'd suggest checking out the Beginner Sugo banner and seeing exactly what's on offer on each mutli and reporting back. I don't think anyone that's active in this thread started after the beginner Sugo to the best of my knowledge, so we're going to be rusty on what this Sugo offers you as perks or what the Legend pool is like.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that's an excellent start. You've also got everything correct, about V2G4, the link you posted includes him in his unevolved and evolved forms. So yes, either or. Everything else in your post is lined up perfectly, you want to hit up story mode for easy gems. Prioritize using your level ups to roll over stamina and keep clearing as much content as possible to maximize your gem count. You can def get to ~130 for 3 multis on the start Sugo within 72 hours, I've done it myself while rerolling although back then there was no beginner Sugofest. I'd suggest checking out the Beginner Sugo banner and seeing exactly what's on offer on each mutli and reporting back. I don't think anyone that's active in this thread started after the beginner Sugo to the best of my knowledge, so we're going to be rusty on what this Sugo offers you as perks or what the Legend pool is like.

Cool! Just rolled into a Luffy now and was lucky to get a Sanji with him, is he good?

I'll post the beginner pool if I'm good to go with this reroll:

oruYSUo.png

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Cool! Just rolled into a Luffy now and was lucky to get a Sanji with him, is he good?

I'll post the beginner pool if I'm good to go with this reroll:

oruYSUo.png

Very much so. Super flexible and can clear a lot of content. He does require a super evolution to reach that peak but V2G4 can easily carry you to that point and then some. Between G4V2, Sanji, and Franky you've got your hands on half of the meta-relevant generalists Legends on day one. Franky falls under the same category as Sanji in that he only starts to really shine once he gets his 6+. Between those three and Luffy&Ace that account of yours is 100% a keeper.

Your Straw Hat RRs aren't very impressive save for Robin, but any RR is worth keeping with how they keep adding legacy support like limit breaks, support abilities, extended limit breaks are hitting JP soon, etc. You never know anymore

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very much so. Super flexible and can clear a lot of content. He does require a super evolution to reach that peak but V2G4 can easily carry you to that point and then some. Between G4V2, Sanji, and Franky you've got your hands on half of the meta-relevant generalists Legends on day one. Franky falls under the same category as Sanji in that he only starts to really shine once he gets his 6+. Between those three and Luffy&Ace that account of yours is 100% a keeper.

Your Straw Hat RRs aren't very impressive save for Robin, but any RR is worth keeping with how they keep adding legacy support like limit breaks, support abilities, extended limit breaks are hitting JP soon, etc. You never know anymore

Awesome! Can't wait to start grinding.

Now one thing I don't understand - why is the beginner banner that costs 50 gems better than the other banners that only cost 30 gems?

Here's the beginner pool, I think:

Screenshot_20190922-020532_ONE_PIECE_TREASURE_CRUISE.jpg

Screenshot_20190922-020538_ONE_PIECE_TREASURE_CRUISE.jpg

Screenshot_20190922-020253_ONE_PIECE_TREASURE_CRUISE.jpg

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Can't wait to start grinding.

Now one thing I don't understand - why is the beginner banner that costs 50 gems better than the other banners that only cost 30 gems?

Here's the beginner pool, I think:

Screenshot_20190922-020532_ONE_PIECE_TREASURE_CRUISE.jpg

Screenshot_20190922-020538_ONE_PIECE_TREASURE_CRUISE.jpg

Screenshot_20190922-020253_ONE_PIECE_TREASURE_CRUISE.jpg

You know...that pool hasn't aged as well as I thought at first glance. Could you post the banner details? That's the most relevant part here, but based on what we're seeing I've got a feeling that there's better Sugofests yet to come, especially in the near future. But for the sake of thoroughness, let's see the banner deets.

ex.
1st multi - guaranteed X unit
2nd multi - guaranteed Legend
3rd multi - guaranteed limited pool Legend
etc.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know...that pool hasn't aged as well as I thought at first glance. Could you post the banner details? That's the most relevant part here, but based on what we're seeing I've got a feeling that there's better Sugofests yet to come, especially in the near future. But for the sake of thoroughness, let's see the banner deets.

ex.
1st multi - guaranteed X unit
2nd multi - guaranteed Legend
3rd multi - guaranteed limited pool Legend
etc.

Screenshot_20190922-021621_ONE_PIECE_TREASURE_CRUISE.jpg

Screenshot_20190922-021611_ONE_PIECE_TREASURE_CRUISE.jpg

Since I have a good start already I'm happy to just hoard gems, that's what I like to do in gacha games anyways. But I was wondering if the other current banners are any good, or everyone is waiting for an upcoming banner? Thanks again for all the advice!

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017

Since I have a good start already I'm happy to just hoard gems, that's what I like to do in gacha games anyways. But I was wondering if the other current banners are any good, or everyone is waiting for an upcoming banner? Thanks again for all the advice!

Honestly, yeah, hoard the gems. That pool really needs to be updated. There's a handful of upcoming Legends that really set new standards for what the best Legends in OPTC are. Our resident JP specialist BlindCom can tell you more about the ins and outs of newer JP Legends. Generally speaking, it depends on if you're F2P or P2P how often you pull and what you hoard for. If you really want to pull soon, then the upcoming Mihawk + Zoro Sugo is a good bet, it's going to have a 2x Legend Rate as well as notable perks like the 4th multi being all Recommended Characters, meaning any Legend you pull in that multi will come out of a really nice pool.

That said, these upcoming Legends are merely decent and Slashers as a class are likewise, okay. But the units that are coming up like Luffy&Law, Big Mom V2, Sabo&Koala, etc. put them to shame and all came accompanied by equally generous Sugofests. So it's perfectly viable to hold off, especially with your current pool of Legends on hand.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, yeah, hoard the gems. That pool really needs to be updated. There's a handful of upcoming Legends that really set new standards for what the best Legends in OPTC are. Our resident JP specialist BlindCom can tell you more about the ins and outs of newer JP Legends. Generally speaking, it depends on if you're F2P or P2P how often you pull and what you hoard for. If you really want to pull soon, then the upcoming Mihawk + Zoro Sugo is a good bet, it's going to have a 2x Legend Rate as well as notable perks like the 4th multi being all Recommended Characters, meaning any Legend you pull in that multi will come out of a really nice pool.

That said, these upcoming Legends are merely decent and Slashers as a class are likewise, okay. But the units that are coming up like Luffy&Law, Big Mom V2, Sabo&Koala, etc. put them to shame and all came accompanied by equally generous Sugofests. So it's perfectly viable to hold off, especially with your current pool of Legends on hand.

Thanks, really great long-term advice. I feel perfectly prepared now!

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I can't fathom doing 70 runs of TM. Even on days off I have too much to do at any given time. I'm ~25 runs in and ready for it to end.

My 3 million legend was a sound of fallen leaves on a cold Autumn day.
My 5 million legend was the sight of a lost tourist finding a landmark they recognise.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
TM is just boring. I'm new to the game but after playing it idk 5 times it's not worth additional runs for me.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
7 Millions points reached, why did i even tried...

1st Golden Ticket : Legend Magellan
2nd Golden Ticket : Vista

1st Red Ticket : Log Luffy
2nd Red Ticket : Cavendish
3rd Red Ticket : Sengoku...

At least it was an easy one, i wonder why the minibosses weren't scaling with the TM Level this time.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
5mil was Marco. Staying with a QCK theme (had BoaV1 before) , so mabye 7mil will be Z or Cracker? Doubtful, should hit it soon

Next TM boss on JPN is --redacted--. Wonder who it'll be? Must be some Anime spoiler but I can't imagine it'll be someone they can cover within 4 episodes

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
5mil was Marco. Staying with a QCK theme (had BoaV1 before) , so mabye 7mil will be Z or Cracker? Doubtful, should hit it soon

Next TM boss on JPN is --redacted--. Wonder who it'll be? Must be some Anime spoiler but I can't imagine it'll be someone they can cover within 4 episodes
maybe they're just pulling the Wano Gear 4 chord already for a Luffy vs Kaido TM

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I would have thought that it'd be some secret shit like Zoan forms for certain characters, but they already dropped their pasta with
TM Kaido already being in and also being kind of terrible
They probably can't use Queen yet, King's barely gotten screentime if any, and Jack's already in. Hawkins wouldn't be a spoiler at this point(? I don't watch the anime anymore) and I don't really know what else it could be.

Maybe it's Orochi's Zoan?

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm doing the treasure island thing right now and a little confused. One of the popups said that if I used a crew for battle they wouldn't be available to fight again, but I just fought with a team and it seems like I can use them again for another fight? What did they mean by that?

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing the treasure island thing right now and a little confused. One of the popups said that if I used a crew for battle they wouldn't be available to fight again, but I just fought with a team and it seems like I can use them again for another fight? What did they mean by that?

The pop up is lying to you atm. If you're in the lowest league(East Blue) you can freely use the same team every single time. I'll add some more info on TM in a moment, but doing TM is a decent idea. I'll edit this post with more info soonish

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
TM has just ended on JP, finished in the top 10k with 7.2m points in 36 runs. Much more laid back TM than usual in terms of both rankings and actual difficulty, the sub bosses were barely scaling (like on Global currently, change or bug?). Legends were dupes V2 Rayleigh and Enel and a new Tesoro! Happy about that, he's been eluding me for so long. Though since I pulled V2 Big Mom, I don't quite need him as much anymore.

5M and 7M tickets on Global were dupe Corazon and Magellan but can't complain after getting 1 new legend from both TMs, it's a very successful month. :)
Ranking wise I'm doing very poorly though, might finish outside of the top 2k for the first time ever, I think the Thursday start has screwed me over or the points growth is slower than usual. I'm usually closer to the top 1K at this point of the TM. Oh well not a big difference.

Bit late on this one but others have given very good advice already anyway. Shame you can't afford to join the adventure but if you want to try again in the future, don't hesitate to ask for more tips!
If you're worried about taking too much time on rerolling to get the blue V2 Gear 4 Luffy from the initial 10 Strawhats pulls, don't sweat it. He'd make your life much easier at first, being a rainbow lead who can use absolutely every other unit in his crew. But you don't need to reroll to start this game and enjoy it. I'm fully F2P on both versions, I didn't reroll on Global back then and I had no issue getting into it.
It will definitely require a lot more time investment if you go down the F2P route though. You don't need the perfect start. :)

EMT0 gave you all the info you needed! Just meant to add a couple things :

1) That beginner sugo is quite outdated now, it's probably cheaper/a better investment to pull on the current TM sugo (the second banner with the 30 gems first multi) BUT it's not a great sugo by any means, especially for someone who wants to hoard gems. Wait for 2x legend rate sugofests, that's usually a great time to spend some gems especially for a brand new account. Fortunately, we should be getting a lot more 2x legend rate sugofests starting from now. The next one is guaranteed to be one but the next 3-4 sugofests/months should be aswell and possibly even better for Christmas where we could get a 2.5x legend rate sugo.
Starting from November, they'll start releasing incredibly strong new legends like Luffy/Law, Koala/Sabo, Shirahoshi/Mansherry, Bullet, that will be your best bet to go hard.

2) You will need units, your 10 starting Strawhats + V2 G4 won't be enough. You also should try run the current Treasure Map if you can, it's very easy at first in East Blue League, even without any point booster, you'll get freebies like gems, mats etc. There's only 12h left on it though, it's a monthly event.

Honestly, yeah, hoard the gems. That pool really needs to be updated. There's a handful of upcoming Legends that really set new standards for what the best Legends in OPTC are.

Yeah that beginner sugo really hasn't aged well at all, they should have kept updating it.

I can't fathom doing 70 runs of TM. Even on days off I have too much to do at any given time. I'm ~25 runs in and ready for it to end.

My 3 million legend was a sound of fallen leaves on a cold Autumn day.
My 5 million legend was the sight of a lost tourist finding a landmark they recognise.

I can't tell whether these are proper poetic descriptions of legends or not lol. I keep trying to figure out who you're talking about but I never can. Still I find it entertaining though!

TM is just boring. I'm new to the game but after playing it idk 5 times it's not worth additional runs for me.

Ah, I meant to tell you to farm TM hardcore since it's very easy in East Blue league but yeah it can pretty grindy/boring, especially since in the starter league, you don't have to change teams for sub bosses. I noticed your Smoothie/Oven was unevolved and you only had 1 copy. For each TM, you really want to reach at least 1 million points to get all the rewards/LB materials/50 copies of the TM unit to rainbow them aka unlock their full potential. You can have a look at the rewards for TM on the main page, there's a lot of good stuff, especially for new players : gems, tomes, cotton candies, LB materials and new free legend pulls. It's probably the most rewarding event on OPTC atm. That being said it's all about having fun so don't force yourself but if you play a lot of TM you won't regret it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The pop up is lying to you atm. If you're in the lowest league(East Blue) you can freely use the same team every single time. I'll add some more info on TM in a moment, but doing TM is a decent idea. I'll edit this post with more info soonish

Ok great, then it seems I can just steamroll it for now.

EMT0 gave you all the info you needed! Just meant to add a couple things :

1) That beginner sugo is quite outdated now, it's probably cheaper/a better investment to pull on the current TM sugo (the second banner with the 30 gems first multi) BUT it's not a great sugo by any means, especially for someone who wants to hoard gems. Wait for 2x legend rate sugofests, that's usually a great time to spend some gems especially for a brand new account. Fortunately, we should be getting a lot more 2x legend rate sugofests starting from now. The next one is guaranteed to be one but the next 3-4 sugofests/months should be aswell and possibly even better for Christmas where we could get a 2.5x legend rate sugo.
Starting from November, they'll start releasing incredibly strong new legends like Luffy/Law, Koala/Sabo, Shirahoshi/Mansherry, Bullet, that will be your best bet to go hard.

2) You will need units, your 10 starting Strawhats + V2 G4 won't be enough. You also should try run the current Treasure Map if you can, it's very easy at first in East Blue League, even without any point booster, you'll get freebies like gems, mats etc. There's only 12h left on it though, it's a monthly event.

Exciting! I'll probably try to go hard on Luffy/Law since I really like Law.

I'm gonna do what I can in Treasure Map today then.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017

Adding onto what BlindCorn said, it's probably worth your while to spend as much time as you're willing to stomach on TM since there's less than day left and it rewards you with easy gems and resources. It's got a separate stamina bar from your normal stamina but also refills on level up. If you get to 1M points you'll get all the materials needed to max out the TM character(who are otherwise useless without a fully maxed out limit break, which is the gimmick that Treasure Map is built around). At your level and with your units you can likely stomp, refill stamina, and go on endlessly until you hit 1M points or get bored.

TMs go by faster if you have access to boosted units which act as point multipliers, the full list their multipliers is viewable here. They change every month. You probably won't have access to any of these units but it's worth keeping in mind for future Treasure Maps.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018

I would have thought that it'd be some secret shit like Zoan forms for certain characters, but they already dropped their pasta with
TM Kaido already being in and also being kind of terrible
They probably can't use Queen yet, King's barely gotten screentime if any, and Jack's already in. Hawkins wouldn't be a spoiler at this point(? I don't watch the anime anymore) and I don't really know what else it could be.

Maybe it's Orochi's Zoan?

Yeah it's been a while since they have been all mysterious about the next TM unit. The preliminary list of boosted characters doesn't give out much either. It's very possible that this won't be an anime spoiler, just they want to build up the hype for a reveal.
I think it could be Hawkins but on the other hand he would be legend worthy too. His fight against Zoro and Luffy was the first big clash in Wano.
Leaning towards a Wano Luffy like Kyou said. Especially because we're getting Wano Zoro too. But a repeat TM Luffy would be weird.
Maybe an early King or Queen. It feels like Bandai is happy to "waste" the first version of very strong characters on TM units.

Ok great, then it seems I can just steamroll it for now.

Exciting! I'll probably try to go hard on Luffy/Law since I really like Law.

I'm gonna do what I can in Treasure Map today then.

Yeah go for it, the rewards are plentiful and all useful for a starting account, even things like bellies or evolvers or exp lobsters/homies are most welcome! Don't worry if you can't max out TM Doflamingo, he's one of the least useful TM units for a beginner account. Next month TM Weevil will be much more useful.

And Luffy/Law is just the next best rainbow captain that everyone will want yup. I think we'll get a pretty good sugo for his launch but you might have to wait a couple months or more!

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell whether these are proper poetic descriptions of legends or not lol. I keep trying to figure out who you're talking about but I never can. Still I find it entertaining though!
No, they're just things that fly into my brain that sounds more interesting than the legend I got.

With that said however, my 7 million legend is much better. Now the only dual legend I'm missing is Judge/Sanji.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see any announcements for this on Reddit and stumbled onto this from a comment but is 6+ Lucy really on its way?
It could be troll, the helmet looks a bit weird in the 6+ form. What do you guys think? I wonder what can be done to him to make him more enticing to use compared to all the new legends in Japan, maybe lower crew CD at the start and a bit of a boost on his special? I honestly wouldn't mind if he boost str/psy/int as a sidegrade but there's not a lot of chemistry between those colors.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
No, they're just things that fly into my brain that sounds more interesting than the legend I got.

With that said however, my 7 million legend is much better. Now the only dual legend I'm missing is Judge/Sanji.

Haha thanks for your reply, giving me some peace of mind. Won't have to try match your ramblings to a specific unit anymore. :p
And congrats on Inu/Neko, fantastic unit, one of my most wanted legends!

I didn't see any announcements for this on Reddit and stumbled onto this from a comment but is 6+ Lucy really on its way?

It could be troll, the helmet looks a bit weird in the 6+ form. What do you guys think? I wonder what can be done to him to make him more enticing to use compared to all the new legends in Japan, maybe lower crew CD at the start and a bit of a boost on his special? I honestly wouldn't mind if he boost str/psy/int as a sidegrade but there's not a lot of chemistry between those colors.

Hmmm maybe a fake, it's definitely not been announced on the JP version. Lucy is one of the last legends I expect to get a 6+ because of his "lore". His artwork should have him without his helmet so that we can get another round of V2 Sabo vs V3 Sabo right?......Right?

Design wise, he's still pretty solid when you think of it. They wouldn't upgrade his CA to 4x attack, that would be too high for an old 6+. Same for his special, giving him a 2.25x ATK boost for 3 colours would be way too generous. Lower crew CD is a good one. Your sidegrade would be interesting, would pair him with Bullet for some interesting INT/STR teams.

If this is true, cries in Legend Marco

Funny thing is Marco is still so often used despite him being so old. I think he'd get a very small upgrade with his 6+, like Shirahoshi did, maybe lowered cooldown and some extra utility.

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
If this is true, cries in Legend Marco
Haha thanks for your reply, giving me some peace of mind. Won't have to try match your ramblings to a specific unit anymore. :p
And congrats on Inu/Neko, fantastic unit, one of my most wanted legends!

Hmmm maybe a fake, it's definitely not been announced on the JP version. Lucy is one of the last legends I expect to get a 6+ because of his "lore". His artwork should have him without his helmet so that we can get another round of V2 Sabo vs V3 Sabo right?......Right?

Design wise, he's still pretty solid when you think of it. They wouldn't upgrade his CA to 4x attack, that would be too high for an old 6+. Same for his special, giving him a 2.25x ATK boost for 3 colours would be way too generous. Lower crew CD is a good one. Your sidegrade would be interesting, would pair him with Bullet for some interesting INT/STR teams.

Funny thing is Marco is still so often used despite him being so old. I think he'd get a very small upgrade with his 6+, like Shirahoshi did, maybe lowered cooldown and some extra utility.
It seems like it's a fake, the guy made his Reddit account just to post that image.

In other news, I fed 9 slot bind tomes to my snakeman and got no level up... I guess my streak of not having a rainbow legend continues until the next TM. :(

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. 7mil was another dupe Lucy. But I didn't have enough time to play this weekend so I won't rank high enough for another pull. Ah well.

oh but I did hit Rank 700! That's big.