• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Geez in my 20 runs of the Doffy fn I only got Corazon twice, and they don't give you extras

Oh well, sucks for you Rociante

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Going to end this Kizuna at level 62, which is way beyond my initial expectations. The one tweak Global did, switching the JP 6% HP growth to a mere 3% HP growth (like the first Kizuna) made a world of difference really. Hitting the extra mechanics at level 30 instead of 15 allowed a lot of weaker teams/boxes to work. People are reaching ridiculous levels, close to 100 instead of plateauing at 40-50 like on JP. Didn't spend any Kizuna potion, saving them for better rounds.

Is V2 Aokiji at all viable for the Lucci fight? Obviously based on CatDog and the boosters it's more of a STR/PSY fight, but can Aokiji make it work anyway? At least he can boost Karasu...

Once some of the guides start popping up on Reddit I'll see if I can manage without pulling for Neptune. The boosters make TM much more bearable but if this one is going to be miserable regardless I might as well just dive into the despair and save 80 gems.

V2 Aokiji "works" for the Lucci fight because he's a strong PSY lead who happens to be Striker so you can pair him with Inu/Neko. He doesn't really do anything against the myriad of preemptives. But considering the fact that Koala/Sabo are the higher point booster, Aokiji doesn't look that appealing. He's a better lead than the 2 main F2P options I guess : TM Nami (she's Cerebral though, she works well with friend K/S) and TM Smoothie/Oven.

I used these teams on JP to give you a rough idea. It worked ok-ish, won't say it was a smooth experience by any means. RR Karasu is MVP for sure.. Pulling the TM boosters would help as usual but now you have to consider the increasing value of pulling the new legends/batches. If you can afford to drop 2-5 multis on each TM sugo AND 5/10/15 multis on each new monthly batch, then there's no dilemna. But if you had to pick, I can't stress enough how AMAZING the upcoming legends are and how important they are, not just for the next TM but also for the next Kizuna and the next raids/colos. You'll be using units like Shira/Sherry, Koala/Sabo, Vivi/Rebecca, Bullet, Stampede Luffy for months to come. It's a no brainer imo.

Here's the breakdown for Lucci fight (taken from the original JP thread)

Lucci

STAGE 6 Lucci

• 400,000 HP, attacks for 3,100 every turn
  • Preemptively changes both Captains orbs to BLOCK
  • Preemptively changes Middle and Lower Row characters orbs to Badly Matching
  • Preemptively changes Type to DEX
  • Preemptively Seals Orbs of Captains for 5 turns
  • Preemptively gives 3 turns of Blindness
  • Preemptively puts up a 3 turn 3 PERFECT Barrier
  • After 3 turns (every 3 turns): Gives 3 turns of Blindness and puts up a 3 turn 3 PERFECT Barrier

STAGE 7 Lucci

• 1,000,000 HP, attacks for 4,500 every turn
  • Preemptively puts up 99 turns of Delay Immunity
  • Preemptively Despairs Captain for 5 turns
  • Preemptively Special Seals for 2 turns
  • Preemptively gives 2 turns of Chain Co-Efficient Decrease
  • After 3 turns (once): Boosts his ATK by 1.5x for 99 turns and locks the chain to 1.3x for 5 turns
  • Below 50% HP (once): Enrages for 10 turns (Doubles his ATK)
  • Below 20% HP (once): Blows away 4 random characters for 4 turns
  • On Death: Heals to 100% HP, limits crew to 2 specials for 99 turns, and puts up 4 turns of Percent Damage Reduction

Y I K E S at that boosted list. Even the brand new like two day old Sengoku is only a 1.2 booster

M-maybe they'll rebalance the fights...??

Yeah that's probably even worse than the JP list really, despite a few extra Neo units. Inu/Neko and TM Weevil being retrograded is a huge blow.

We'll get the invasion to help with points and that's about it I'm sure. I'm pretty confident Global can't/won't change the actual original game mechanics. They never did, even for the current Kizuna. Seems like they can only add extra content like a special ambush or tweak the HP threshold. Revamping the fights would probably break the game beyond belief lol.

The extra stat boost from the ambush is pretty irrelevant because the issue with this TM (and any tougher TM) isn't the damage/boss HP. The real difficulty lies the mechanics themselves, the pre-emptives, the debuffs. Once you've dealt with those, most teams would destroy 5M HP bosses.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I made my TM teams and am not happy. 2.99x on the final stage but it's what I need to pass it with my AokojiV2 team. This is gonna suck

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Is there no high point booster percent damage reducer reducer besides the celestial dragon? How are you supposed to deal with it on Lucci

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
First free pull was PSY RR Coby, a unit I actually needed. Thought I'd try my luck with the new Ray Shop tickets, of course it was a terrible idea. LRR was a new useless Fisher Tiger, legend was V1 Kuzan.

Woah update 9.3.0 coming to Global right after TM Lucci! Auto battle for TM, that's a pretty good one that a lot of people wanted. Also snails coming back, going to be so exciting to scroll through 40 story islands to get 2 cola! (hardly bothered with snails since they came back on JP really...)

Chopperman missions revamp is probably about the rookie missions being replaced so I highly suggest everyone to clear all their current missions before they are gone! New login bonuses must be the same thing JP got a while ago : some kind of weekly calendar with increasingly better rewards (1 gem + things like LB potions/mats/almighty manual/forbidden tomes). Improved selling at quest results screen is much needed, it never should take 3 clicks/windows to sell all your junk loot.

Done with the 40 runs for EX Moria, that was a pretty good move from Global to rerun this with the current support sugofest, making sure we have a steady way to farm friendship tokens. Just ran the old trusted Nami + V2 Doffy team. Leaves me two days to farm turtles to get the exp bar right where it should be before TM.

Pretty worried about JP tomorrow though, the boosted list is garbage. The only 4 boosted legends are O-Nami, Komurasaki, V2 Ace and 6+ V2 Lucci and I only own one of them....

Is there no high point booster percent damage reducer reducer besides the celestial dragon? How are you supposed to deal with it on Lucci

Yeah it's either Mjosgard or Colo Kuma. Most people will just run Colo Kuma for that juicy 1.2x point boost. (Or you could have pulled LRR Carrot)

Using Inu/Neko for Dex, Warco+Inu/Neko fc for Int, and Inu/Neko for Psy

Thank you for the great variety Bamco

Not gonna lie, spending 22 multis last month to get Inu/Neko turned out to be a big brain move. They are saving me this month.

Holy cow the global first Support Sengoku is good for Lawffy

Full board matching orbs on special use

Didn't expect them to come up with a Global first support out of all things. It's a good move though because Lawffy badly needs some help imo. It's not enough but it's a step in the right direction. I tried to come up with a double Lawffy team for EX Moria but gave up because the double Nami is just much better. Lawffy is severely hampered by the lack of great atk booster for them. That's why on JP you don't see as many teams with them as with other legends. Even on the latest super hard coliseum Kyoshiro, there are plenty of double Snakeman teams but only 1 Lawffy hybrid team that requires Bullet.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a chance to work on old Garp challenge missions since I'm worried they may disappear with the 9.3 update. 2/4 sets done, should be able to knock the other two out before the TM starts. Plenty of guides help with older content.

Speaking of 9.3, loving the QOL updates. Snails back (blessing and a curse spending forever finding the 5 snails for 5 beli bags), but auto tap on TM is great. I bet I'll lose a bunch by forgetting to stop it at the boss but... whatever, still good to have it. And Chopperman revamp is always nice to see for more free gems

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.. With the revamp, this means I should actually finish the story now rather than after? I could miss out on gems or..? <.<

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Hmm.. With the revamp, this means I should actually finish the story now rather than after? I could miss out on gems or..? <.<

Definitely try to complete all the Rookies Chopperman missions, there are a lot of gems to earn. Think you just need to reach Alubarna and beat a few easy clashes. Also make sure to use Neptune or Jack captain with Hoe ship when you do the Chopperman experience quests, should refill your stamina nicely.

Finally got a chance to work on old Garp challenge missions since I'm worried they may disappear with the 9.3 update. 2/4 sets done, should be able to knock the other two out before the TM starts. Plenty of guides help with older content.

Speaking of 9.3, loving the QOL updates. Snails back (blessing and a curse spending forever finding the 5 snails for 5 beli bags), but auto tap on TM is great. I bet I'll lose a bunch by forgetting to stop it at the boss but... whatever, still good to have it. And Chopperman revamp is always nice to see for more free gems

I don't think the Garp challenge missions will be gone with this update. We should have until the 31st but yeah I should stop procrastinating. I still have to finish Garp 3 and 4 too.

Link to the new Chopperman missions, hopefully we get those, that 50 gems reward for completing them all would be sweet right before the Christmas Reverie sugo.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I'm done with my teams for the TM, thank got i pulled Karasu and have Neko/Inu because Lucci looks sooooo dirty to fight. Only a few more days and the worst will be behind us...

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Eugh, using a 1.1 booster like some kind of animal, this really is the worst TM

Anyway got my teams made, should be able to do pretty decently.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, F YEAH just finished Garp challenge 3 and 4, minus Shanks. I might do that today but man, I used a zombie team for the last one on 4 and I'm drained. They're safe but soooo boring.

Also they apparently did a refresh on Garp 1 as well, some gems to be gotten. I should probably get to those as well, F2P is a hard life. At least it's only the last stage I have to re-find a team for, the rest are just CC and tablets.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Didn't have much time to run the TM O-Robi today but it's been super duper easy so far, even without any of the recent legends. Cruising with these teams. The fact RR Brook and Choppaemon are pretty decent QCK/INT captains helps a lot. Two Shooter teams, 6+ V2 Lucci bringing back the shooter meta on JP! (as if...)

Colo Oars will be key to remove the ATK down on Robin fight but TM Weevil works fine too. Also for the first time very very old TM units like Cavendish and Nami are high point boosters and they are perfect F2P options to replace the TM boosters. Very happy with how easy this TM is, despite the dreadful boosted list.

Will come up with my TM Lucci teams later tonight but should be straightforward.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Just a few short hours til Lucci! Y'all ready and excited? NO WAIT COME BACK

V2 Aokiji "works" for the Lucci fight because he's a strong PSY lead who happens to be Striker so you can pair him with Inu/Neko. He doesn't really do anything against the myriad of preemptives. But considering the fact that Koala/Sabo are the higher point booster, Aokiji doesn't look that appealing. He's a better lead than the 2 main F2P options I guess : TM Nami (she's Cerebral though, she works well with friend K/S) and TM Smoothie/Oven.

I used these teams on JP to give you a rough idea. It worked ok-ish, won't say it was a smooth experience by any means. RR Karasu is MVP for sure.. Pulling the TM boosters would help as usual but now you have to consider the increasing value of pulling the new legends/batches. If you can afford to drop 2-5 multis on each TM sugo AND 5/10/15 multis on each new monthly batch, then there's no dilemna. But if you had to pick, I can't stress enough how AMAZING the upcoming legends are and how important they are, not just for the next TM but also for the next Kizuna and the next raids/colos. You'll be using units like Shira/Sherry, Koala/Sabo, Vivi/Rebecca, Bullet, Stampede Luffy for months to come. It's a no brainer imo.

Yeah, my initial thought with Aokiji was that he could team with CatDog fairly easily, plus his special would make it pretty easy to deal enough damage during one of the two times you have to kill Stage 7 Lucci (sigh). That and a little faith that Bandai was throwing Global a bone. But with CatDog at 1.2x it kind of loses its value. And since I have Luffy/Law who pair with Saboala, boost Karasu just fine, and have the additional bonus of letting me not bring a dedicated Despair reducer, I may as well go with them.

(I think Global also benefits from CatDog having been available for a while instead of debuting here, and our information headstart leading a lot of people to pull for Sabo/Koala. Both should be readily available on friendlists for poor paupers like myself who lack either)

Here's the teams I'm using for now. Obviously just guessing on the Coby stage and stuffing the team full of boosters. I may change my tune when I actually get into the fights but it wasn't the worst boosted unit ever, it helps that each miniboss basically has a silver bullet unit (Jack for Charloss, Leo for Roswald, Morley for Fuji, and Shanks/Beckman for Stussy). Would have liked an additional Free Spirit INT unit for Fuji but eh.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Going with these teams for TM Lucci. Shouldn't be too bad, hopefully the global first intrusion is trivial once again.

A bit late but here's the stage breakdown infographics :
TMLucci_Info.png

Fujitora is the trickiest fight but he's not the easiest one to hit on the map if you are going for the bento box iirc. Colo Morley is pretty good to deal with that fight. Stussy is 2nd most annoying fight, I suggest using TM Law or Ambush Linlin if you can't use the Shanks/Beckmann + Croc/Daz combo. STR Leo takes care of Rosswald as Lowblood said.

This Reddit thread aggregated a lot of different guides in case you needed more ideas for teambuilding.

Yeah, my initial thought with Aokiji was that he could team with CatDog fairly easily, plus his special would make it pretty easy to deal enough damage during one of the two times you have to kill Stage 7 Lucci (sigh). That and a little faith that Bandai was throwing Global a bone. But with CatDog at 1.2x it kind of loses its value. And since I have Luffy/Law who pair with Saboala, boost Karasu just fine, and have the additional bonus of letting me not bring a dedicated Despair reducer, I may as well go with them.

(I think Global also benefits from CatDog having been available for a while instead of debuting here, and our information headstart leading a lot of people to pull for Sabo/Koala. Both should be readily available on friendlists for poor paupers like myself who lack either)

Here's the teams I'm using for now. Obviously just guessing on the Coby stage and stuffing the team full of boosters. I may change my tune when I actually get into the fights but it wasn't the worst boosted unit ever, it helps that each miniboss basically has a silver bullet unit (Jack for Charloss, Leo for Roswald, Morley for Fuji, and Shanks/Beckman for Stussy). Would have liked an additional Free Spirit INT unit for Fuji but eh.

I totally agree with the bolded, despite Inu/Neko not being a 1.5x booster for us, the fact they are "old" legends on Global really really helped for the 2nd Kizuna. Was pleasantly surprised by the amount of Koala/Sabo on my friend list too, Global took full advantage of the foresight.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I've got the P2W units bar the TM units and 1 run in, I already fucking loathe this stage. Didn't have a blindness reducer for Stage 6 Lucci and I was sorely tempted to ragequit after 10+ turns of failing to hit 3 perfects blind

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Wait, is this stage 5 Shirahoshi on the Lucci fight 100%, or am I just really (un)lucky? Obviously rainbow orbs are nice, but you get despaired, which triggers Corazon's support early. Dammit Bandai, I already have enough to deal with, I don't need you killing my support strat too!

Miniboss teams are fine, but I'm gonna be worried about Lucci for a while. It'll help when I hit 1 million and finish my copy of Lucci, gonna try and carry orbs through the stages with Nami+Support Perospero and then Lucci. Though I think the Shirahoshi stage kills that too since I'll lose HP. :/

(5+ Robin would be really nice here if she was just boosted. Might end up having to use her anyway. You hear that, Bandai? I pulled the useful 1.35x RR like you wanted but I might drop him for an unboosted story unit! Why you do?)

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Free pull was 20th Anniversary Zoro. Intrusion Coby only seems to do a 50% health cut and orb shuffle (no block orb) as preemptives, very easy fight.

I've got the P2W units bar the TM units and 1 run in, I already fucking loathe this stage. Didn't have a blindness reducer for Stage 6 Lucci and I was sorely tempted to ragequit after 10+ turns of failing to hit 3 perfects blind

Stay strong! Since you pulled Koala/Sabo you are not allowed to quit!!!! Your account belongs to the community now. That is the burden of those who pull the most important legend in the game. But yeah that blindness is annoying. On JP I brought Shanks/Beckmann specifically for that since they get rid of the blind but my Stussy team was worse because of that. Pick your poison I guess.

Wait, is this stage 5 Shirahoshi on the Lucci fight 100%, or am I just really (un)lucky? Obviously rainbow orbs are nice, but you get despaired, which triggers Corazon's support early. Dammit Bandai, I already have enough to deal with, I don't need you killing my support strat too!

Miniboss teams are fine, but I'm gonna be worried about Lucci for a while. It'll help when I hit 1 million and finish my copy of Lucci, gonna try and carry orbs through the stages with Nami+Support Perospero and then Lucci. Though I think the Shirahoshi stage kills that too since I'll lose HP. :/

(5+ Robin would be really nice here if she was just boosted. Might end up having to use her anyway. You hear that, Bandai? I pulled the useful 1.35x RR like you wanted but I might drop him for an unboosted story unit! Why you do?)

Shirahoshi is a super duper secret stage so congrats :p Only saw her once in 40 runs on JP. But yeah she was specifically added to screw over the Lawffy + support Cora combo lol. AKA buy your own Koala/Sabo or Inu/Neko. Further proof that Lawffy is a bum *cough cough*

You could try using Colo Opera support on Lawffy since he's fighter? Activating his special should trigger the despair removal since it deals damage?

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Shirahoshi is a super duper secret stage so congrats :p Only saw her once in 40 runs on JP. But yeah she was specifically added to screw over the Lawffy + support Cora combo lol. AKA buy your own Koala/Sabo or Inu/Neko. Further proof that Lawffy is a bum *cough cough*

You could try using Colo Opera support on Lawffy since he's fighter? Activating his special should trigger the despair removal since it deals damage?

Yeah, finally got a run without her, it went much better. But I got her twice in a row on my first two rows, I'm hoping they didn't increase the probability for Global or something.

That sort of randomness isn't fun. I remember everyone worried about Whitebeard during TM Croc but I got him like twice in all 30-40 runs.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Had enough stones for one multi.
Only two new units.....but they were (Secret Animation) Legend Carrot and Saint Myosgard.

Wow...can't remember the last time I had such a luck on my TM banner pull if at all.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Lucci rankings seem competitive enough. Disappointing, thought enough people would give up so that I could reach top 500 with just the Revolutionaries RRs but doesn't look like it T_T

Had enough stones for one multi.
Only two new units.....but they were (Secret Animation) Legend Carrot and Saint Myosgard.

Wow...can't remember the last time I had such a luck on my TM banner pull if at all.

Congrats!! Could hardly have gone better! Carrot will regularly feature in future Kizuna, amazing pull. Especially if you don't get Vivi/Rebecca, she can often deal with the same fights.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats!! Could hardly have gone better! Carrot will regularly feature in future Kizuna, amazing pull. Especially if you don't get Vivi/Rebecca, she can often deal with the same fights.
Thanks - ive been waiting for a pull that would me get somewhat closer to the Meta after having missed out on a bunch of content the last two years. Gonna try to take that momentum to the next year and keep up with upcoming content.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
This TM isn't as bad as I was fearing. Still growing points slowly but I did just hit 500k, gold was a dud as was my free pull, can't even remember it. Should be interesting to see how ranking goes.

I will say I'm not hitting free stamina refreshes at all. Might need to redo the path I'm taking which hits 3/4 units on the map.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see myself getting to 3mil. This is still better than that TM we had a while ago that didn't have an invasion, at least.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Stay strong! Since you pulled Koala/Sabo you are not allowed to quit!!!! Your account belongs to the community now. That is the burden of those who pull the most important legend in the game. But yeah that blindness is annoying. On JP I brought Shanks/Beckmann specifically for that since they get rid of the blind but my Stussy team was worse because of that. Pick your poison I guess.

Speaking of my burden, I pulled a second Sabo/Koala from my Legend pull out of that limited pool gem pack from a while back. Am I doing double duty on that burden? :^]

Thanks for the tip about Shanksmann, that helped a lot. I'm halfway to 1m TM points and I am so, so ready to bail on this one

Heng

Oct 25, 2017
Fujitora is weirdly hard an complex for the #3 boss

Like chill with the effects dude
He's not too bad if you have Moria in your crew. First turn attack as normal and second, use Morley and Moria to finish him off. Kid might be able to replace Moria once the levels get too high.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
He's not too bad if you have Moria in your crew. First turn attack as normal and second, use Morley and Moria to finish him off. Kid might be able to replace Moria once the levels get too high.
This was good, thanks. I'm aiming for him on the map so HP isn't a problem.

Also got my 3 million ticket, V1 Jinbe. Hello old friend

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Free pull was Bobbin, at least he's got a decent support effect.

Just 1.5M in 10 runs after the first day, usually I'm close to 3M by now.

This TM isn't as bad as I was fearing. Still growing points slowly but I did just hit 500k, gold was a dud as was my free pull, can't even remember it. Should be interesting to see how ranking goes.

I will say I'm not hitting free stamina refreshes at all. Might need to redo the path I'm taking which hits 3/4 units on the map.

Yup it's not that bad really. I think Global players were bracing themselves for the worst. The 3 maps layouts suck though, it's a longer path than usual when you hit 3 mini bosses. And sometimes your first roll can prevent you totally from going for the stamina refill since the birds are on the "wrong" path.

Speaking of my burden, I pulled a second Sabo/Koala from my Legend pull out of that limited pool gem pack from a while back. Am I doing double duty on that burden? :^]

Disgusting, how is this not a bannable offense? I hate you.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Fujitora is weirdly hard an complex for the #3 boss

Like chill with the effects dude

I wasn't worried about him initially, then once I got into the fights I realized that most of my characters were incapable of getting matching orbs due to his stage 1 effect. Not great when you're using orb boosts.

I was actually thinking about how convenient Belo Betty would be for the fight (since I'm using a Free Spirit team and she makes RCV/TND matching) and then I pulled her with my free pull! So that'll be nice.

Otherwise I'm focusing on Fuji in the map and using Support Weevil on TM Law, which deals around 90% of his HP before the rest of the team even attacks.