• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
man reading how this clash is actually going to work, this seems kinda half baked

Everyone just gets 3 of the 5 events randomly for like 80% of the event so if you don't have good units for the ones you're given I guess tough shit?

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
man reading how this clash is actually going to work, this seems kinda half baked

Everyone just gets 3 of the 5 events randomly for like 80% of the event so if you don't have good units for the ones you're given I guess tough shit?

It's a clear cash grab. Hope you get the one you need/want to rank in both days, otherwise gem a lot on the final day.

Honestly I'll just pick the stage I can beat the easiest on Day1 and hope i get it again day 3. Otherwise... oof.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Got a reply from Bamco on the crashing. Essentially they responded with "actually this is your fault there's nothing we can do change your wallpaper maybe??"

So that doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence that they will fix this

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Might be the first bigger event in a while ill skip all together - i dont see a reason for me to run it tbh lol.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Might be the first bigger event in a while ill skip all together - i dont see a reason for me to run it tbh lol.

Chopperman rewards are always worth running, at least for gems.

I threw together a rainbow Fighter/FS team that can work with AkainuV2 or ShanksV2 friends. Should be good enough to get me through the basic stages until I decide which one I want to focus on, and by then guides will be out to tell me what to do :)

Dante_727

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Yolo pull and got katakuri. Not bad at all.
Seems that its hard to make a team with him. Nice. I like alittle challenge.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Chopperman rewards are always worth running, at least for gems.

I threw together a rainbow Fighter/FS team that can work with AkainuV2 or ShanksV2 friends. Should be good enough to get me through the basic stages until I decide which one I want to focus on, and by then guides will be out to tell me what to do :)
Hmm...guess you are right - the strong of somewhat unlucky multis have resulted in the lack of motivation on my end, to even farm gems lol.

I think i just need that downtime so i can be back and energized for TM Big Mom.
Yolo pull and got katakuri. Not bad at all.
Seems that its hard to make a team with him. Nice. I like alittle challenge.
Amazing pull - congrats.
I dont think its that difficult to create crews around him but EMT0 is the person to ask for that topic xD

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Mentions Monster Ceberal team....doesn't mention the units who are part of it.

lol
Just building up anticipation.

Kata (or Robin or whatever) / Kata
Colo Pedro / Valentine Nami
TM Sabo / 6+ V2 Law

Pretty solid guaranteed 1 million+ on a regular turn, easy 2 million with just one boost, then go for broke. Lovely little team.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
That aligns with most of my faceroll Katakuri teams too though I've never used Colo Pedro(don't have him) or TM Sabo(just got him, he overlaps on conditional boost plus orbs too much with mochi boi). I'll usually roll with Nami and one or both of Neptune and Law. Utility units usually fill up the rest of the team slots.

Katakuri gets a lot more interesting and zany when you try to break out of Cerebral. Bandai gave him a huge nerf by making him a Shooter instead of any of the other classes he boosts but that doesn't stop mochi boi. So the thing to keep in mind is that in 4/5 scenarios you don't do enough damage without specials to trigger his guaranteed delay(2 million damage) to proc both his conditional boost and Oven's class boost. That means you need to dedicate a special to getting that damage. Usually this means Valentine Nami or Colo Neptune but there are other options. For example, Brulee can get you over that bump pretty reliably(best sister stays winning) with her tap timing damage special. Raid Zephyr can work for a more shooter oriented team that wants two turns of burst. Colo Oven and RR Perospero are absolutely filthy units for Katakuri. You've also got non fully boosted units like RR Marguerite and Raid Bellamy that work nicely too.

Anyways from there Mochi Boi vomits damage on the field for his real burst thanks to a reliable conditional boost. You'll almost always have 4 or more matching orbs and almost never take damage thanks to your captain ability delaying people too. Lots of friend captain options too but why bother, double Mochi clears everything, though Legend Zephyr will be an amazing friend captain for him.

Or you can just say fuck it, run 6+ Usopp and LRR Moría if you have him and force your burst on turn 1 anyways. I like to do this a lot too lol.

EDIT: Tomes, eww

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Woo crashing at a boss and dying, this rules.

Just gonna do enough runs over the next few days to get the gems from each stage and clear out the chopperman missions

Alcemon

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
I checked which of the random ones I would get for both days (there is a thread in Reddit for that) and it turns out I will be getting Luffy on both days. I put together the best TEAM I could with the highest multiplier and it ended being quite an overkill.

After 5 runs I am at top 400 in Global's Luffy so it seems that most of the community is not going particularly hard on this event. Should be easy to get 1-2 legends focusing on single one without doing too much effort.

PS: point getting is quite irregular because of the random drops, some runs give you 200 points, others 450.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Woo crashing at a boss and dying, this rules.

Just gonna do enough runs over the next few days to get the gems from each stage and clear out the chopperman missions

I havent played the game alot lately....today i tried to run the event.
Only to realize that the game is crashing on me as well lol.

Thats a bummer.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Made a scrappy Legend Blackbeard team using a non-boosted Shirahoshi against Sakazuki. Is RR Lafitte really the only boosted option for this stage? That's ridiculous.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
V2 Shanks facerolls Jinbe with FN Namule, RR Impel Down Jinbe, G4 6+, and a PSY beatstick of your point boosted choice. Namule on stage three, drops each Shanks special on stage 5 after Jinbe, and G4 to KO him in the revive. No stalls, ezpz

Alcemon

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
Overall the competition seems not to be there. Just getting gems (clearing each stage once) is enough for getting legends 10 hours after the start of the event

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I've got Jinbe/BB/Akainu showing up.

I will certainly clear all for a gem. Right now I'm going to focus on Jinbe for ranking since I have the best team for it and I'm going to hope those who pull the WC units focus on the others.

Probably won't gem today. If I don't get Jinbe on day3 then... I'm screwed. Need to stay in the top 5k for a sugo. I'm doubtful I'll stay in the top 30k for an overall sugo. This event definitely favors P2W people. Last day is 1/2 stamina and is going to be a bloodbath. We'll see.....

EDIT: Realized I was dumb. Don't take on any stages other than the one you want to rank in today. Everything will be 1/2 stamina on Saturday, so that's the best time to go for completion gems. 5 total, and it'll be 48 stamina instead of 95 per gem. Not too bad

Last edited:

Alcemon

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
Also:
1) Jinbei and Sabo are the most competitive ones (because they are perceived to be the most F2P friendly)

2) You can tell now which ones are the stages that will appear for you on day 2 based on your ID number (in case you want to focus on the one that repeats)

Oct 25, 2017
Boy, 50stam Luffy sent my ass back home packing. Gonna take the time I have to wait to get more stamina, gonna spend it thinking about my life choices.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Man seeing the point difference between people with the new units and without is really disheartening

Alcemon

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
Man seeing the point difference between people with the new units and without is really disheartening
Funny how different people reading the same data can arrive at the exact opposite conclusion.
For me Luffy and BB are ripe for easy red posters and I did not pull for the units.

Will you get to top 100 without the LRRs? Of course not but the competition is not that intense at the lower levels. On natural stamina I am currently at the top 800 focusing on Luffy.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017

All the best features of a TM and Blitz battle, combined! /s

Currently rank 907 Jinbe form natural stamina (and a level up, thanks Ray island). I've still got 2 more runs at least on my current stamina, then a few more before the day is done. We'll see how that lands me in terms of ranking on Day 3... will probably switch to a second one since you only need to stay in the top 5k to get a sugo. Next tier up to get another sugo is 100 so eff that.

If I can get 2 sugo pulls out of this I guess that'll be neat. Been really burned on bad sugo pulls lately so I'd love a new unit to play with. But mostly I'll be saving gems. Unless it's an amazing sugo I might skip G4 (save for a discounted) and go for Xmas, then Anniversary

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Rank 3090 on Jinbe after using most of my natural stamina on him, Rank 1785 on Akainu after 3 runs. So doing a little bit of brainstorming, if I were to drop 1 gem per island I'd get 5 runs on each. Akainu and Blackbeard are unpopular on Global so dropping those gems is all but a guarantee of getting a red from each. Jinbe's going to be a complete slog to keep top 5k as he's Global's favorite for stealing a space from Japan. Sabo and Luffy are both considered easy and I don't even have access to them anyways. I'll take a gem for a Legend, easy. I'll do Akainu and Blackbeard today to avoid burnout. Day 3 I'll go all in on either Sabo or Luffy(probably Sabo since I have V2 Shanks), and Day 5 I'll do my best to buffer Akainu, Blackbeard, Sabo, and Jinbe. 4 relatively low stress Legend posters for a handful of gems sounds more than fair. Plus that likely nets me a fifth from the global leaderboards too.

For anyone struggling with point boosted teams for Blackbeard and Akainu and have V2 Shanks, you're in luck. V2 Shanks is the king of this event.

For Akainu go with TM Sabo, RR Lafitte, and two DEX beatsticks. I like to go with Legend Blackbeard and V2 RR Burgess to chip away at Akainu on Stage 5. Pair Shanks with a friend WC Blackbeard and you're good to go, activate Blackbeard on Stage 3, pop all your specials(Sabo first) on Stage 5 for an easy win.

For Blackbeard, pair Shanks up with WC Luffy and run Raid Akainu, Speed Jiru, RR Atmos, and a beatstick that will get you to Lv.3 Bind. Stage 3 pop Luffy, Stage 5 pop Atmos, Jiru, Raid Akainu, and Shanks for an easy KO. I'm gonna run Legend Croc as a beatstick to use his special on Stage 3 to make life easier.

Oct 25, 2017
Good god, having all 3 point boosters is crazy.

I'm rank 143 on Luffy, which oddly enough seems to be the most competitive among the players with boosters for some reason. Or it could just be that maybe this was the mission that was available to the most people. I'm 45th on Blackbeard and 32nd on Sabo. Forming a team using all the boosters against Sabo almost feels like cheating when everyone is using their fancy V2 Akainus and Shanks. I'm also ranked 257 worldwide.

Getting top 5k for each rank should be pretty easily attainable and if I keep even relatively close to this pace, I should be able to finish top 15k worldwide. All in all, that will net me 7 legends. One more for any of the additional stage ranks that I land in the top 100 for which I hope to get at least 1 for. The only thing that gives me pause is the fact that the ranking ends at 7 AM est in my time zone which pretty much sucks. Not sure why they've decided to have such a weird ending time this time around.

Alcemon

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
Cutoff for Legends after day 1:
  • Worldwide Top 5k is 12335 pts (2 legends, you get 2 legends until top 15k and 1 legend until top 30k)
  • Luffy: 780pts
  • BB: 260pts
  • Akainu: 154pts
  • Sabo: 690 pts
  • Jinbe: 512 pts
Going for at least 5 legends looks doable without excessive farming and/or LRR point boosters

(edit: I copied the WW values wrong)

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Currently in the 1100s for Jinbe. I should be fine there, will probably do some 1/2 stamina on Day 5. Day 3 will be someone else I can manage, maybe BB if I get him? We'll see...

Today though, yikes. No gem for completion + no rank increase + Global's gonna lose unless they fudge numbers = total skip. Gonna work on the new FN and get some EXP to maybe level up again

ALSO! Reminder to get a copy of RaidAkainu unevolved for a future ranking mission

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't finished skilling up raid Akainu yet, so I guess I'll focus on that. Close to a level up too, so I'll strategically try and set it just right to do one run of the World Clash tomorrow and go to town on it. I shoud be facing Sabo I think. Any good teams for it?

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't finished skilling up raid Akainu yet, so I guess I'll focus on that. Close to a level up too, so I'll strategically try and set it just right to do one run of the World Clash tomorrow and go to town on it. I shoud be facing Sabo I think. Any good teams for it?

Check youtube, lots of good teams. For Sabo I found a great Jinbe+ team of fighters (raid sabo, invasion garp, G4 boundman, and raid kizaru) that should work
. Be warned though, Sabo has the hardest gate for a legend (see Alcemon's post above)

I have teams to beat all of them, I think. Akainu is the hardest but if I get him, I'll try and if it works I'll do that to secure a legend. Then on 1/2 stamina day do the rest. I'm okay with spending a few gems to get 5 legends. But it's all going to depend on how hard global goes on saturday

Dante_727

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Amazing pull - congrats.
I dont think its that difficult to create crews around him but EMT0 is the person to ask for that topic xD
Well, I managed to make a team who lost in 30 stamina colo

Just building up anticipation.

Kata (or Robin or whatever) / Kata
Colo Pedro / Valentine Nami
TM Sabo / 6+ V2 Law

Pretty solid guaranteed 1 million+ on a regular turn, easy 2 million with just one boost, then go for broke. Lovely little team.
My colo pedro special level is too low and I have V2 law but he is my only striker captain. If I evolve him, I cant take on any striker only event :(

But huge thanks for the them. I keep that in mind

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Got my 20 clears on the new fortnight done. I love 3x skill up, I managed to max Coby despite the handicap of only having one(1) od his manuals actually drop

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Check youtube, lots of good teams. For Sabo I found a great Jinbe+ team of fighters (raid sabo, invasion garp, G4 boundman, and raid kizaru) that should work
. Be warned though, Sabo has the hardest gate for a legend (see Alcemon's post above)

I have teams to beat all of them, I think. Akainu is the hardest but if I get him, I'll try and if it works I'll do that to secure a legend. Then on 1/2 stamina day do the rest. I'm okay with spending a few gems to get 5 legends. But it's all going to depend on how hard global goes on saturday
I'm sitting at 585 on Akainu, so I think I can work something out for Sabo. I can make the above team, minus G4. Is it essential? I haven't really looked at any teams yet due to work.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sitting at 585 on Akainu, so I think I can work something out for Sabo. I can make the above team, minus G4. Is it essential? I haven't really looked at any teams yet due to work.

Pretty sure G4 was a beatstick and point booster. Get a Fighter boosted untit and you shouuulld be fine. I didn't have Sabo so I couldnt check

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
Anyone know if you get a gem for doing all the sabotage quests today?

Just checked the rankings and we took Jinbe from Japan! We did it boys, 4-1 baby!

Luffy and Sabo are also getting pretty close. Do I smell a comeback?

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
There is zero chance Japan loses this, there was never even a shot. It's going to end 5-0 with at least 60% on all the stages going to Japan.

Japan:
+Better units
+More, better equipped players
+Older playerbase means more stamina
+More convenient ending time
(also potentially a more dedicated base)

Global
-a portion of the already smaller base can barely participate due to widespread crashing issues

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
There is zero chance Japan loses this, there was never even a shot. It's going to end 5-0 with at least 60% on all the stages going to Japan.

Japan:
+Better units
+More, better equipped players
+Older playerbase means more stamina
+More convenient ending time
(also potentially a more dedicated base)

Global
-a portion of the already smaller base can barely participate due to widespread crashing issues

It's going to end 3-2 and the numbers will be fudged by Bandai. Japan will win by a large margin but if today is any indication, numbers will be fudged for sure. There is just no way I can believe, even with limited runs, that global did that much damage.

Even if we did, Day 3 is thanksgiving which'll hurt US people. Day 5 is half stamina and a weekend for everyone and I think there's like an extra X hours after reset which benefits JPN's timezone

I'm in it for the ranking legends, but there's 0.0001% Global wins this

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Another round of no good raffles

Have Luffy and BB again, and Sabo. Did one 50 stamina of Bb and ranked decently. Two more and I'm at 2700. Will probably stick with him for a bit and see how my rank goes for jinbe (1100s). Might switch to Luffy or sabo depending on who's got the lower gate.

Problem with my Bb team is it needs WC Luffy and I only have three friends so far with him up

Edit: just realized why I'm ranking faster. WC Luffy gets more points. Duh. Man I wish I had pulled on, it's a massive leg up having just one in your teams (talking 100+ extra points for just one per run)

Last edited:

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
trying to just clear Luffy for the gem

two different runs wasted because of crashes. I hate this

Oct 25, 2017
Ranking is going unexpectedly well for me. I'm ranked 36 on Sabo and rank 24 on Jimbe. At the very least, I'm hoping to carry these two into top 100. I had Akainu today but barely ran him so I'm rank 750 which is fine as I'm aiming for top 1k for all the ranks. Didn't have Luffy today so I'm at 383. No Blackbeard today either but I only dropped to rank 166 so I might even try to finish top 100 in that as well.

I checked the worldwide ranking and I'm in a sea of JP players. I'm hanging in there at 489 but global has no idea how utterly out-classed they are.

Lottery was another almighty manual today. I'm okay with this.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell those are high ranks. How many gems have you spent so far? Curious.

I'm at 2150 for Jinbe and 1700 for Blackbeard. 19300 overall. My goal for the last day is clear all stages for gems, monitor those two so as not to drop below 5k, and start a third for a team I can do well. Maybe Akainu, maybe one of the others. Whichever has the best cutoff.

I also have it timed well that I'll be near full stamina at reset, and right before I'll run the Ray EXP island today. So I'll level up with overflow and go ham on the stuff tonight, should give me a good edge. In total that's 5 legends I'm aiming for - 2 for under 20k, and 3 for 3 different rankings.

I'm also trying to hold onto as many forbidden tomes as I can. The maintenance in a few days SHOULD give us stacking tomes, I think. I don't really have any units to use them on right now so the more I can save the better

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Holy hell those are high ranks. How many gems have you spent so far? Curious.

I'm at 2150 for Jinbe and 1700 for Blackbeard. 19300 overall. My goal for the last day is clear all stages for gems, monitor those two so as not to drop below 5k, and start a third for a team I can do well. Maybe Akainu, maybe one of the others. Whichever has the best cutoff.

I also have it timed well that I'll be near full stamina at reset, and right before I'll run the Ray EXP island today. So I'll level up with overflow and go ham on the stuff tonight, should give me a good edge. In total that's 5 legends I'm aiming for - 2 for under 20k, and 3 for 3 different rankings.

I'm also trying to hold onto as many forbidden tomes as I can. The maintenance in a few days SHOULD give us stacking tomes, I think. I don't really have any units to use them on right now so the more I can save the better
this is almost exactly my plan, except I'm just going for two top 5ks. Sabo and Jinbei are easy enough that I dont have to worry too much about crashes, so I'm just sticking there

anyone remember how much exp rayleigh gives? I also wanna try to time to this level up with almost full stamina

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
this is almost exactly my plan, except I'm just going for two top 5ks. Sabo and Jinbei are easy enough that I dont have to worry too much about crashes, so I'm just sticking there

anyone remember how much exp rayleigh gives? I also wanna try to time to this level up with almost full stamina

I got you covered, I wrote it down last time to plan for this!

Double Neptune + Flying Dutchman on Ray's island gives 168,750 exp.

Currently I did a bunch of FN runs mostly for the beat 3-stages a day missions, then started the Ray exp island and got to the last stage, then closed it. I'll finish it maybe 10 minutes before reset and enjoy the gem
and massive stamina overload!

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Just under 2.1k on Jinbe and Blackbeard, 2.9k on Akainu. My goal stays the same, minus trying to get <5k on Sabo. I think it'll be tedious and I'd rather take it easy just maintaining on my three chosen stages. So that should be 3 Legends off the ranking, 4 if Global and friends pull off a hat trick.

EDIT: And 2 from top 15k so 5, maybe if we get lucky

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I went ham on Akainu last night. Now I'm just around 3k ranking for BB, Akainu, and Jinbe. So today is all maintaining. Will probably spend a gem or two since I'm under 20k and want to try for that second sugo pull there

I thought about a fourth one but honestly with ranks changing at half stamina it's not worth my time. If I can walk away with five pulls I'll be happy

EDIT: Wait, am I going crazy? I SWEAR it was top 20k worldwide get a second sugo pull. Looking at it now it says top 15k. I'm currently 21k worldwide so I don't want to push for 6k ranking, but 1 was doable. Guess I'll try to focus on a fourth? Seem to be very safe for BB and Akainu, only Jinbe is moving

Last edited: