• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Aw they delayed the rewards? Weak. Might miss skill-up. I've been saving some of these tomes too, on the off-chance I got something decent. Just gonna socket some RR I never use now though.

Extra Island changes seem very meh. On one hand, I never used the rookie/intermediate quests, but I really liked the raids being there. Changing everything up to be a different day of the week is some shit I don't want to memorize. Remember when evolvers were like that? Awful.

But Legend Carrot and second-best-Charlotte-Galette are now a thing. Cool. Always imagined they'd do an Enraged Army raid though. I'm surprised that wasn't even an event. Bavarois over Mont d'Or too? Weird decision given how Mont d'Or and Galette work together often.

Edit: Sure enough, Blucci 6+ seems pretty underwhelming. The art has excellent potential for 'record scratch' memes though.

Last edited:

Dante_727

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
As a someone who doesnt have any shooter captain (good shooter captain) this is amazing.
Have an extra copy of blucci 5star
Wanted to use him in some rankings but might as well evolve him into 6+.

I think if one has only one blucci, its not wise to super evolve him

Oct 25, 2017
There was once a time many many months ago where I thought to myself "I'll never need more than 5 skulls of each type!" so I proceeded to sell all my excess red and blue crystal skulls for 1 beri as I got them. Fast forward to the present and I'm now sitting here with 1 blue skull in my inventory. Barto, Law, and Boa collectively used four. I'd be more upset if I didn't have a surplus of Ray points and nothing to spend them on but it's still kinda shitty. They nerfed the global drop rate and never really give us an incentive to run invasions.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen so many errors and apologies in the news screen.

On the one hand it's nice to finally get them to admit there's a problem with the game crashing. On the other hand it's shitty that it took them five weeks to go "uhhhh gonna be a while. Compensation? Huh? No we're very sorry bye"

On the third, conspiratorial hand it's awfully convenient that they address this following a massive campaign after ignoring it for so long

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I'll go ahead and concede that my first reaction to the changes were premature. I was too focused on the things being removed over the things being added. This is actually a great QOL improvement for most players, especially new raids being added to the rotation because having stages available like Raid Sabo, Bellamy or Fuji 3 or 4 times a week is way more valuable than having Raid Mihawk up at all times. The meta is basically build around your chosen starting Legend now, and less so the F2P grind path of Mihawk/Chopper - > Doffy - > etc. Why Enel is there for driven instead of Ceasar Clown is weird but ok Bandai.

6+ Blucci's art is JoJo:
9FEE8068FF7C2D7BADB35063D3328FDB8BFA9285

He's kind of disappointing. No HP boost, zero recovery? He goes well with Katakuri but that's pretty much it. He'll have his niche as a sub for Shooters but as a captain? This ain't it chief

Carrot is cool and unique but not particularly meta defining by any means. She'll age very well as a speed run Legend but Hody and his PH crew will always have their niche too

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
There was once a time many many months ago where I thought to myself "I'll never need more than 5 skulls of each type!" so I proceeded to sell all my excess red and blue crystal skulls for 1 beri as I got them. Fast forward to the present and I'm now sitting here with 1 blue skull in my inventory. Barto, Law, and Boa collectively used four. I'd be more upset if I didn't have a surplus of Ray points and nothing to spend them on but it's still kinda shitty. They nerfed the global drop rate and never really give us an incentive to run invasions.

That reminds me I still need a skull to evolve BoaV1. Show how much I use her.

Probably just going to buy the skulls I need thank to the Sengoku fund I've gotten recently

Oct 25, 2017
TIN FOIL HAT TIME:

Bandai made Lucci 6+ cost 3 skulls because they knew we would have a lot of Ray points to burn in the not too distant future.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Joke's on them, I already have way more than enough ray points. :D

I could buy three blue skulls (since it's the only color I lack), the Thriller Bark and the Garp Ship, and still have enough Ray Points leftover in case anything new pops up. And that's not including the handful of dupe legends I'm keeping here and there in case of rankings or 6+s.

I think I'll keep my Blucci as a Powerhouse captain though, since I only have one. I do like the 6+, and I think Global benefits from getting him now since he'll be our best Shooter captain for now. When Capone and Zephyr get here he can slot right in as a crew member for them.

Alcemon

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
Tesoro and other movie raids hitting Global on Dec the 11th.

If the Tesoro batch is ever coming to Global, this would be a very good time for it.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Decent amount of content coming for global

- Pizza FN is up. Easy as the other FNs. Skillup is meh so far despite being 3x. We'll have another in a few days though
- I think we have maintenance tonight? For a new version upgrade to give us golds-to-red animation, and maybe tome stacking
- ColoKid coming tomorrow
- RaidZoro coming on the 30th at reset with some decent chopperman rewards.
- MAYBE getting legend pulls on the 30th. Would be nice....

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Oh right, the Gold to Red stuff started with the G4 sugo in JPN, so I guess that should be coming.

If nothing else the "new features" being added probably include the Ambush-style bosses in TM like Big Mom, Shanks, and Boa.

But yeah, expect Tesoro in the TM sugo. If they stretch the movie content to a month or so it'll probably include Shiki in the Enel TM (note that the Strong World FNs aren't scheduled yet). Worst case scenario, I could see Tesoro and Shiki RRs being available for that month and then popping out for a few until Zephyr comes. But hopefully they'll be permanent here like in JPN.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Colo TS Kid tomorrow, wonder what he does
Deals 5 hits of random DEX damage to random enemies and reduces Special Cooldown of Striker and Shooter specials by 2 turns.
Seems okay, kinda lame I don't get wh-
If your Captain is a Striker or Shooter character, deals 350x character's ATK as DEX damage to all enemies at the end of the turn for 2 turns
Hahahaha WHAT?? And his limit break takes off 11 turns of cooldown at the start?!

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
This is your reminder to burn all your stamina before update o'clock, we have maintenance today. Pray for tome stacking yall

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Whoops, my mistake. I thought new version updates give us full stamina so I burnt it all, now I've got to wait for this Colo Day.

And no tome stacking! Booooooooo. I'm only at 1400 box space so I'll spend 5 (always in batches of 5 for 25 space) to expand a bit more.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know a double buggy team for underground Kid? I found one but it basically required a max LB Elizabello.

That said I FINALLY found someone to take those CDR Tablets. Had 3 saved, got Elizabello to level 2. At 5 he'll basically be ready to go on stage 1 which is awesome

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
I have to report that I havent had any crashes since the update so CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC that they fixed it on accident

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using a V1 Akainu team to beat TS Kid. WHAT YEAR IS IT????

Sadly it's currently my best option. It seems every Luffy/Ace team requires either LRR Bonney or V2 Ray and I have neither. Every other team seems to use Lucy, Doffy, Magellan, or one of the newer legends. There's a KFL/Lucy team I could potentially use but I'm not sure how consistent it is without orb manipulation. I really need these WC reward pulls to pay off.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
So what are the odds we get the rewards tomorrow morning instead of ~40 minutes after update o'clock

Oct 25, 2017
So what are the odds we get the rewards tomorrow morning instead of ~40 minutes after update o'clock
Deep down you already know the answer to this question.

I'm more disappointed we didn't get tome stacking in the update. I have 25 mail sitting in my inbox with just tome rewards from previous treasure maps. I'll be getting something like 35-40 more tomes of each type and they're just going to be sitting in my inbox as well.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Deep down you already know the answer to this question.

I'm more disappointed we didn't get tome stacking in the update. I have 25 mail sitting in my inbox with just tome rewards from previous treasure maps. I'll be getting something like 35-40 more tomes of each type and they're just going to be sitting in my inbox as well.
Yeah I'm almost glad I didn't place higher just to get less tomes.

I think I'll be happy with one new unit across all my pulls. My "realistic" legend hope is Enel just because his 6+ should be coming soon

My unrealistic hope is they fuck up and accidentally include the WCI batch

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
My heart is saying reset'clock tomorrow for rewards, but my mind is saying delay until after this new sumo ENDS, so like... 5-6 more days?

Dream Tier: Luffy/Ace, Lucy, AkainuV2
Realistic Dream Tier: Magellan, Shiri, Blackbeard, any Sanji
"At least it's new": LL, RayV1, Second Croc

Did all the coliseum matches except for Kid's last stage. Want to team build a bit more for that, but the rest went down easy enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Rainbow'd my Colo TS Kid. Praise be V1 Akainu. Ol' reliable still has some life in him yet. Only took 2 gems and a level up. Really wanted to get this in before the 3x skill up left and it was probably worth.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
three off max for Kid, not bad. One gem spent and a level up. God bless underground farming

Also *looks left and right* I dont want to jinx it but I grinded all day and didn't have a single crash

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Went ahead and did one multi anyway, just since it's hard to pass up 2x legend rates. Ended up getting Chobro and two red posters which were SW Shanks and Shirahoshi, both new (yes, I've been playing since launch and only now got SW Shanks). I'm content with that for 50 gems, especially with TM Sugo coming fairly soon.

Sadly, the unthinkable finally happened: the Shanks I pulled was evolved, meaning for now, I have that painful blank space in the PirateDex. Alas, such sorrow!

Also I thought Kid was continuing tonight, but there's still one more round of Opera. Oh well, we have more 3x skill ups coming, I'll just have to hold copies for a while.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I got 2 Namis in six ultis....yeah, now's a good time to bounce. I now I said I'd hold off till TM but I got impatient and really wanted Chobro + Carrot. Maxed both with 4* manuals and immeaditely LB'd both. Time for the V2 Sanji goodtimes

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Okay got all mine

Gold pulls: Derringer, 3D2Y Usopp, Marigold x2, Qck Ace, Gear 2 Luffy, SW Robin, SW Sanji, Orlumbus, Dosun (All dupes)
Red pulls: Magellan, KF Luffy, V1 Fuji, Blucci (All Dupes)

not the worst, good limit break material and my first dupe Blucci which is damingly good timing

Oct 25, 2017
Gold: SW Sanji (dupe)
Gold: 20th Anni Zoro (dupe)
Gold: SW Franky (dupe)
Gold: 6* Marco (dupe)
Gold: Whitey Bay (dupe)
Gold: Captain Kid (dupe)
Sugo-rare 1: Sabo (dupe)
Sugo-rare 2: Buggy (dupe)
Sugo-rare 3: Magellan *NEW*
Sugo-rare 4: Barto (dupe)
Sugo-rare 5: Jimbe (dupe)
Sugo-rare 6: Enel (dupe)
Sugo-rare 7: TS Luffy (dupe)
Sugo-rare 8: V2 Lucci (dupe)
Sugo-rare 9: Whitebeard (dupe)

Jesus fucking christ. I'm going to bed now.

Alcemon

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
REDS
Dupes: Logfy, Kuzan, v1 Akainu, croc, sabo,v2 Fuji
New: Garp

GOLDS
Dupes: base chopperx2, donchijao, v1 garp, v1 marco, base zoro
New: Bastille, Ricky

Could've been worse, I'll take it.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
RR Sengoku dupe
3D2Y Robin dupe
Legend Barto dupe

Pedro
V1 Senor Pink
Legend Mihawk dupe

X DDrake
Log Nami

Funk brothers
Apoo

RR Barto
Legend shirahoshi dupe.

These rewards are always shite for me.

Edit: Did one multi. All shit. Dupe Lucy. Evolved Lucy. Fantastic.

Last edited:

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
4th multi got stussy!!! and a dupe carrot lol. Only unit I am missing is Opera, but I am done with this sugo. 3 new legends, Stussy and Gallette.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game worth it? It takes forever to load, especially compared to Fire Emblem Heroes, the only other gacha I play.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I'll spare you the details, but lets just say I pulled V2 Sanji. Anyone got any team recommendations? I haven't paid attention to fighters at all.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
My gold pulls were pretty trash. Maynard, Leo, Croc, Bepo, Dosun, Qck Jinbei, Impact Usopp, Hannyabal, and Duval. Pretty disappointed that I didn't get a single new pull here.

My reds were 4 dupes (v1 Sanji, v2 Ray, v1 Doffy, and KFL) and 1 new (Garp). I'll fucking take it. Sucks that Ray came evolved.... whose idea was that anyway?? I'll keep him though, maybe he gets a 6+ down the line. Also got trolled by Doffy. Why can't you be v2? :((

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointment is not a strong enough word. Everything WC was a dupe:

5 Reds: Whitebeard, LawV1, LucciV1, Croc, Croc.
6 Golds: Amande, Sanji, LaoG, Bonney, Boa Marigold, QCK Diamante

The only thing useful is that I got a second croc to leave as Dex, but really how often is that needed? I threw a LB at Law since I use him for my farming teams but otherwise the other three are being converted to blue skulls for LucciV2+. And for golds, story sanji, really? And that Boa wasn't the right one! I've pulled Marigold 5 or 6 times, never Sandersonia

Look, overall the event was great since I got a LOT of gems, CC, and tomes. Tomes for days, really. But these pulls were beyond bad. Timeline wise, the legends were all what, year 1 content? That shouldn't be allowed. Especially when I'm missing some decent but not high tier legends. I won't pull on this sugo, will probably do 1-2 discounted on the TM. Then Xmas

Also, to feed my disappointment, I did 3 multis in japan. Got nothing but disappointment there (guaranteed was Ray2)

Is this game worth it? It takes forever to load, especially compared to Fire Emblem Heroes, the only other gacha I play.

Recently the first load after an update takes a LONG time, not sure why. After that it's pretty smooth. tl;dr this game is great despite us complaining about these free pulls here. Lots of content, lots of F2P options, great team diversity, etc etc.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
....huh. I have mixed feelings rn. My reds from world clash were V2 Aokiji, Garp, a dupe Judge which I really needed, and a dupe KFL. That was such good RNG I decided to go for some multis just to keep the streak going. Went to 12, and got V2 Akainu in the process. I had great luck but I'm disappointed I went in as deep as I did...and also that I didn't get G4 lol.

Overall a great haul, and at least half my gems for there multis were F2P.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017

I'd say it's pretty damn good, and probably one of the fairest of all the gachas for someone that's dedicated to F2P. If you're looking to whale, you're probs better off with something like Dokkan that has regular ingame currency sales whereas OPTC doesn't. If you like One Piece though, you really can't go wrong with this.

Dante_727

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
For the first damn time I got the debut legend

G4V2
Couldnt believe it. Got also marco which I always wanted