• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I ditched the old marine turtle team, giants, etc, a while back. I've been culling a bit here and there, stuff like the WB Commanders and Allies FN versions basically exist just to socket their RRs so outside of one or two decent ones I just got rid of those too. I've been doing the same for each new FN as well, didn't end up keeping Kid Niji or Yonji for instance. Sometimes I hold onto them through the TM but that's it.

I'll never ditch RRs, even if they're useless, just since they do have some value and can't be "easily" re-obtained. Otherwise I'm just keeping useful units, stuff that might be good for speedruns, and the occasional oddity (I have the Impel Down wolf because I love his art). I do think a few story units have been boosted in TMs (Story Vergo and Jinbe were, I think), but that doesn't necessarily justify keeping them.

The Pizza Party FNs are kind of devious in that respect: if you keep everyone, that's +9 to your permanent storage.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I ditched the old marine turtle team, giants, etc, a while back. I've been culling a bit here and there, stuff like the WB Commanders and Allies FN versions basically exist just to socket their RRs so outside of one or two decent ones I just got rid of those too. I've been doing the same for each new FN as well, didn't end up keeping Kid Niji or Yonji for instance. Sometimes I hold onto them through the TM but that's it.

See, that's where I differ. If the latest World Clash taught me anything, it's always keep a FN version hanging around. Layfette from BB's FN (who makes block orbs count as matching) was a godsend for my team VS Akainu. Naturally he was one of the one I never bothered to farm for sockets or skills.

Oct 27, 2017
I tend to keep the FN and story characters in hope that there might possibly be a small chance where their specific special/class combination/type/cost/etc might be useful.

I don't really have any excuse for the fodder, though.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
See, that's where I differ. If the latest World Clash taught me anything, it's always keep a FN version hanging around. Layfette from BB's FN (who makes block orbs count as matching) was a godsend for my team VS Akainu. Naturally he was one of the one I never bothered to farm for sockets or skills.

Ha, FN Laffite is one of the few I kept, he's got potential as utility since he has three useful functions in his special (plus I didn't have his RR back when the FN debuted so I didn't have anyone to socket). I used FN Namule myself during the World Clash since I was running a Fighter team (granted I kept him anyway because I like Namule's design).

There's certainly potential here and there, but then you have stuff like FN Izo who has unremarkable orb control on an 18 turn cooldown (plus I actually use RR Izo now and then, so sockets were nice). Keeping someone is just a 1 spot investment, though, so it's not too bad. At least with the World Clash they actually gave us most of the FN units too.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
The one for me recently was fucking MACRO being the lynch pin for a theoretical v2 Aokiji with 6+ Blucci sub shooter team

Well not so much lynchpin as the only psy/qck shooter def down conditional booster but STILL! A use, Macro!

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
The one for me recently was fucking MACRO being the lynch pin for a theoretical v2 Aokiji with 6+ Blucci sub shooter team

Well not so much lynchpin as the only psy/qck shooter def down conditional booster but STILL! A use, Macro!

Poor guy needs a 6+ quick. I don't even know what it could be but he needs it

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Oh my god that 100 million downloads event o.o

Yup, 50 free gems (going right to the TM sugo fund) and a bunch of special quests with other free stuff. Plus ten days of free pulls, which might extend into the TM sugo.

LOL at the double character vote. Hey, Chopper/Usopp is one of the choices! There's your legend Chopper! Probably going to lose though. Inu/Neko is too intriguing.

I reeeeally want WB to win the raid vote, but it'll probably be Ace. Wouldn't mind seeing what they have in mind for a raid Nami, though.

Last edited:

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Pedro maxed with only a gem and a levelup, oh yes :)

Tomorrow I'll farm my 8 copies for LB once I have more potions and get started on the Bege FN for those Germa books

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
so this Rayleigh island

on the one hand, 6 million exp with double Neptune

on the other hand, 3 million exp and the possibility of duping +100 attack/hp candies or absolute almighty tomes with double Buggy

not sure which way to go

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
This is an amazing event!
- 50 gems, obviously amazing to receive. Going straight to the Xmas fund if it's a good banner, else 4th Anniversary
- Ray's island, oh man. So many rewards, and 2mil exp default is insane.
- New double legend, I always love those. Hoping for Int/Neko but I have a feeling Nami/Robin will win. Shame because there are so many of those and it'll just limit your characters more
- New Raid is neat too, always want more of them. Don't really care who it is, I imagine everyone listed will get one eventually
- Japan is getting a neat sumo. Guaranteed legend on multi 1, 2, and on 3 it's from a select pool (still big). I doubt we'll get this on global though since G4 is just ending and we have a LLR banner, then TM should begin around the 17th or 19th. (even ends on the 16th so usually TM Banner1 is up a few days before the TM).

Farming Dalton today because... reasons, I guess. Nothing else to do and double neptune easily beats it. Droprate isn't terrible

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Great news to wake up to, this is both a unique and very rewarding event. Bandai have been slowly ramping up the hype since the end of November and the World Clash. The lead-up to Christmas celebrations already feels much more special than last year! At this rate TM Big Mom will feel like a side event.

I love the fact they seem to put to good use the players polls they just held a couple months ago : World Clash, choose the next double legend (we can even pick their captain ability, special and switch ability), choose the next raid. After years of minimal interaction between the playerbase and the developpers, this is more than welcome

- Nami/Robin is totally going to win the vote, at least on the JP side. I'll vote for a Chogeking dual unit just because Chopper is the last Strawhat without a legend version but I reckon it will be the least popular choice.
- Smartest choice for new raid probably would be Hody followed by Whitebeard to avoid overlap with existing units (so many great Nami and Ace out there already).
- I'll go double Buggy for the special island, would rather duplicate a +100 CC or absolute almighty manual than getting more exp.
- The upcoming sugo on JP is very tempting, 3 guaranteed legends in 3 multis is even better than 2x legend rate. These bait sugos before New year sugo are getting better and better, need to stay strong >___<
- No idea what kind of sugo we'll get on Global, maybe the 100 million downloads one will be rolled into Warco one, which would be the best case scenario. I doubt the TM sugo will be extra special but I can see at least 3-4 sugos in a row as soon as the LRR banner is over : 12th special 100 million downloads sugo (similar to Japan), 16th TM sugo, 23rd Xmas sugo, 28th New Year sugo.

Also next TM unit confirmed in Japan, Christmas Nami, amazing utility unit, removing most annoying debuffs and turning Block orbs into matching. Great artworks for the TM boosters aswell. Cavendish 6+ coming too, a direct upgrade, not enough to turn him into a must have unit but at least he should have a niche as the hardest QCK hitter against a STR boss.

And Raid Arlong is coming aswell, which is a nice surprise, guess they'll start exploring the East Blue sagas more now. He brings some much needed utility and 3 turns of orb boost. All the signs point to an incoming slasher meta. Getting ready for Mihawk V2 or Zoro V2!

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Okay I did it, I made a first pass and sold all my fodder I'd been holding on to and freed up 25 slots. I basically made 5 gems!

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized this, but while we won't have a Sugofest during the free pull period(and thus no free red posters), we will have LRRs up. The list ain't bad either though I wish LRR Coby and Akainu were in the pool. The list of LRR units:

Byrnndi World
Doffy
Hawkins
Law
Leo
Beckman
Kizaru
Aokiji
Kid
Jinbe(4* only)

On the new units revealed, everybody's sleeping on this but dat Striker support. Between Nami and Colo Magellan plus the already existing Raid Barto, Strikers finally have a full suite of utility units. It helps that Magellan is also a self proc conditional too. All they need to do is give Neko a 6+ with a class boost(I'd even take 1.75x) with no attack multiplier boost and Strikers are immediately viable again.

For the new dual unit Legend...if you vote for Nami/Robin you're dead to me .-. Inu/Neko has potential to be a Striker/Slasher lead, or maybe Powerhouse/Cerebral to go with Zunesha as a ship. Or rather, that's what I'm going to vote for when they win :^)

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized this, but while we won't have a Sugofest during the free pull period(and thus no free red posters), we will have LRRs up. The list ain't bad either though I wish LRR Coby and Akainu were in the pool. The list of LRR units:

Byrnndi World
Doffy
Hawkins
Law
Leo
Beckman
Kizaru
Aokiji
Kid
Jinbe(4* only)

Oh dang, good catch. I need a few of those. I only pulled on the guaranteed LRR banner with a few of them (Leo, Coby, Jinbe, and Beckman), and would love to get my hands on a few others

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
I wasn't expecting to get so much exp from the Rayleigh island LOL. Leveled up 3 times from that shit wtff. Made it to p.lvl 600 now so that's cool.

My free pull was a Rakuyo, the first of many dupes. At least this beats having raffles and hoping you get something better than beli.

Also 6+ cavendish.... is alright? Probably still won't use him except for maybe that one or two TMs where he's boosted.

Alcemon

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
Pulled me an RR Kyros dupe...ok

They are making the Tesoro batch a "regular" TM Sugo, with TM boosters (Sanji and Reiju) guaranteed at 2 and 5 multipulls.

Also worth noting that, since the notice only speaks about Sanji and Reiju being discontinued, the Tesoro batch seems to be here to stay in Global too (at the very least they will put it on the pool at each movie frenzy event when they are allowed to use movie characters).

I always pull at TM Sugos so at least I will get a pair of discounted multis most likely, but the big question in my mind is....what about Xmas now?

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Dupe 20th Brook. Could be worse I guess

TM Tesoro! Not surprising but still surprising to get movie content that seems to be here forever. I'll probably be in for 2 multis but not sure where. First day makes the most sense to get Sanji as a booster, but I'll do at least the first discounted and see how it goes from there. Still want to save a majority for Xmas/New years

Anyone know how much EXP Rebecca's 50-stamina island gives? I'm close to leveling up and want to maximize the time running it -- I suddenly find myself very low on potions

Last edited:

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Good old "not-a-silver" Mirage Tempo Nami, sweet 10 Rayleigh points.

They are making the Tesoro batch a "regular" TM Sugo, with TM boosters (Sanji and Reiju) guaranteed at 2 and 5 multipulls.

Also worth noting that, since the notice only speaks about Sanji and Reiju being discontinued, the Tesoro batch seems to be here to stay in Global too (at the very least they will put it on the pool at each movie frenzy event when they are allowed to use movie characters).

I always pull at TM Sugos so at least I will get a pair of discounted multis most likely, but the big question in my mind is....what about Xmas now?

TM sugo landing a bit earlier is kinda good news :
- We'll get 5 free pulls during that sugo, hope you guys are ready for your free Tesoro/V2 Sanji/V2 Shanks/Katakuri
- We won't be getting a 100m downloads sugo before TM like they did on Japan so our Xmas sugo (which should be Warco) might be extra special

Regardless, I'll probably spend 80 gems on 2 multis on part 1 to get Sanji and hopefully some other point boosters. Xmas/New Year is the planni. I think Tesoro batch and future movies legends batches will be available all year long, maybe they solved that copyright issue.

Anyone know how much EXP Rebecca's 50-stamina island gives? I'm close to leveling up and want to maximize the time running it -- I suddenly find myself very low on potions

Going by Zeenigami's video, it was 6k exp so 9k with Flying Dutchman.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Cool, thanks! Means I only need to wait an hour or so and then can go ham on this

Did a multi on JPN for funzies. Got Marco and Tesoro, both new.

Wow grats! Now you're tempting me, was considering doing 3 multis for that "restricted" pool. I do own half of the 24 legends but it's such a great selection. Kinda feel it's just yet another bait before a somptuous Xmas sugo though.

The dual legend poll is up on the Global Facebook btw, Inu/Neko winning by a landslide right now with 4.3k votes! Japan has put Nami/Robin firmly in the lead though, is it the second World Clash? I did my part and picked that crying emoji (so fitting) for Chogeking...

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone is curious, I did the 50-stamina island 10 times since I leveled up in between. Could have gone more with time but stamina ran out. Results:
Small Potion: 26 (two were doubled since my last run was buggy)
Medium Potion: 24
Large Potion: 4

So... yeah. First four runs gave me the 4 large potions and also false hope. Didn't get a single one after that!

Whatever happened to that Garp/Sengoku?
"Coming Soon"

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to farm Kid for the 8 copies needed to LB him....14 skillbooks later, zero Kids. That''s more skillbooks than I got from the last 3 colos combined maxing out Kid, Pedro, and Opera. And Kid's already max special too...

;____;

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Caved in and did 3 multis on JP and zero regret! Pulled 4 legends : Robin (dupe), V2 Lucci (dupe but going to keep it for his 6+), Zephyr (new, max special too since he dropped on the 3rd multi) and... Big Mom (new)!! Pretty chuffed about that, finally joining the afk farming meta and the shooter meta. Got Binz and Ain too from Zephyr batch. :)

Was a bit worried since there was no rate boost for legends and RRs but turned out it was pretty fair in terms of ratio between old and new units. Still over 600 gems saved for Xmas sugo too.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Finished LBing and socketing Colo Pedro and Kid. Colo Pedro is some complete BS. Even teams that should have an easy time with it like V2 Doffy are kinda screwed because of the zero silence removers for Driven outside of a lone promo RR Perona. Ended up using a wonky ass V2G4 team with V2 Doffy, Nami, Raid Barto, and Valentine Shirahoshi. The team actually works way better with KFL as a lead in place of G4 so that way you don't kill the fodder with his special and can rack up more overkill damage. Still a complete pain though, and I actually didn't do enough damage to KO him with Doffy special. It was close enough that I could KO him on the second turn with Barto's special still up.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
6 4* almighty manuals and a dupe Sandersonia who I've already got rainbowed. On the bright side, I should at least be able to max Carina once the Tesoro batch drops .-.

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
Got LRR Law yesterday (alas a dupe, one of the few LRRs I own) and 3D2Y Chopper today.

Finished LBing and socketing Colo Pedro and Kid. Colo Pedro is some complete BS. Even teams that should have an easy time with it like V2 Doffy are kinda screwed because of the zero silence removers for Driven outside of a lone promo RR Perona.

Yeah Colo Pedro is pretty awful for V2 Doffy teams, I actually haven't even beaten the Chaos version yet on Global. I just farmed him in Underground, like most 50 stamina coliseums nowadays. I really like having that option.

The Xmas event has been unveiled. Some pretty cool stuff like new Ambush Tashigi after FN runs, special Chopperman missions rewards and Restaurant Le Crap +3.
As some predicted, there also is a movie frenzy type of event with double exp for movies FNs and half stamina for movies coliseums and raids. Perfect opportunity to farm easy sockets for new units if you're lucky on the upcoming Tesoro sugo.

The interesting part is the fact that only Tesoro and Zephyr are coming back, no sign of Shiki. And Shiki sugo should land soon enough in January or so. So maybe there will be a licensing issue after all for these movies legends and RRs. Hopefully they'll be available all year long and not just restricted to 2-3 times a year when the movie frenzy events come back. Because those batches contain some fairly good units, would hate for them to be time-limited.

A shame 3x skill-up and 100% super success aren't coming back for the next two sugos. Hopefully it will be available during New Year.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Tesoro sugo is almost perfect, only issue is that the WCI Strawhats are spread out through the three parts (and p1 is just Chobro, the only one I have, of course). Oh well, we got 30 gem multis again and the whole Tesoro set. Not sure how many pulls I'll do...somewhere between 2 and 5 multis depending on how it goes. I'll see if I get Reiju and most of the Tesoro set early.

Sanji and Reiju actually have the same level of boost, so I guess two pulls for Sanji is actually a decent deal (though I'm guessing these two will be like Vivi and Urouge and won't be perms-boosted). The extra boosted characters are up now, only a few legends got added (Katakuri, Aokiji, Akainu). Probably gonna have to rely on the older TM characters more than usual.

It'll also probably be a good idea to design your final boss team to match with friend Tesoros, since he has the highest boost. Anyone lucky enough to pull him is gonna get a lot of friend points...

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
This TM is really different as far as boosted units go. Not necessarily bad, but just really different. The old RR/Legend pool is relatively anemic compared to past times but we've got a lot more 1.35x booster that are available and pullable via the the Tesoro batch. Plus an easy to get 1.75x booster in Sanji off of 2 multis guaranteed which is really nice. The other 1.75x booster is also a guarantee, which is downright madness, Bandai normally makes you RNG hardcore for good boosters. The conclusion is Bandai really, REALLY wants you to pull on the TM Sugofest and actually added decent incentives for it this time around. Even if you don't pull though, the entire Pizza Straw Hat FN batch is boosted alongside all the old Neo raids. It's bad for LB point farming on your RRs/Legends but it's honestly fantastic in all other respects.

One thing to note on Tesoro is that his entire batch go well with G4 as subs since they work with either their own color or QCK; so I'm def pulling for Carina/Baccarat who are the best G4 subs of the bunch plus Sanji who'll be a great point booster. My early clearing team will look something like this assuming my RNG holds and give me a 12.9x multiplier. If I don't pull Tanaka I'll throw in Colo Kid, if I don't pull Carina I'll replace her with Sicilian, Brook, or Pedro:

anSejeI.png

As for my other teams and w/ minimal research, it looks like I'll be running a V2 Aokiji team w/Hina and Pedro, a V2 Akainu team with Brook and random STR/INT subs, a Katakuri team with random units that slot together(Neo Kuma/Legend Nami/Chobro/Jack?), and a V2 Lucci team that'll be terrible because Shooters are dumpster tier on Global rn lol. The best thing you could run with him would be double V2 Lucci 6+ w/ Neo Kizaru, Coliseum Kid, TM Ivankov, and Pizza Usopp IMO.

Also who else is confused that WC Sabo ain't boosted, cuz I am

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, despite what I was saying earlier about not holding all FN units, it's probably going to be a good idea to keep all nine Pizza Hats at least through TM, if only to be space fillers due to how the boosters are done this time. I didn't skill up a Nami or Sanji, but they should be fine as-is.

We only get a few days to get the second half of the Pizza Hats together. I kind of thought they'd save them for the January TM, but I guess not. I think they were in Croc TM for JPN, so it's not like we can do that anyway. On that same note, it'll be interesting to see if Croc or Jack come in handy for this TM, since it wasn't designed with them in mind.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, despite what I was saying earlier about not holding all FN units, it's probably going to be a good idea to keep all nine Pizza Hats at least through TM, if only to be space fillers due to how the boosters are done this time. I didn't skill up a Nami or Sanji, but they should be fine as-is.

We only get a few days to get the second half of the Pizza Hats together. I kind of thought they'd save them for the January TM, but I guess not. I think they were in Croc TM for JPN, so it's not like we can do that anyway. On that same note, it'll be interesting to see if Croc or Jack come in handy for this TM, since it wasn't designed with them in mind.

I've done my research, and double Jack is actually the best possible lead for clearing the Pudding stage(she summons 5 goons and has debuffs depending on which die so you can use double Jack special to nuke her. Croc doesn't particularly shine but you can't go wrong with him as a unit in your team. The rest of your subs don't really matter but it's worth noting that the PH pool is super tight; you've pretty much gotta run double TM Jack with TM G4 + WB, Pizza Sanji, and Neo Kuma barring TM RRs or LRRs. Pedro as a boss dies to a friend Nami ez and FN Pizza Franky is actually the perfect sub; Zoro/Sanji, Kizaru, or TM Sicilian are your best leads without Nami. Brook is 'bring double Raid Zoro, bring the new RR Brook, sleepwalk through him'. Throw TM Cabbage on the team instead if you don't have a RR Brook and kill him easy af anyways. Nami is a V2 6+ Lucci + Colo Kid showcase. Burst on turn 1, Colo Kid turn 2. The only lame thing is if you want to burst on turn 1 you have to bring PSY Kuma, otherwise you gotta wait a turn for the Despair to go away but otherwise super easy. And if you don't have V2 Lucci 6+, FN Pizza Ussop gets rid of Paralysis and delays Nami anyways so you don't take any damage and can burst on turn 2. The F2P team will be Colo Kid + V2 Kuzan or V2 Lucci 6+ and a Pizza Usopp sub to easily clear. Sanji is the only one that's annoying without pulling as all his buffs and debuffs cater to the new batch. Tanaka Stage 6, Baccarat + Carina Stage 7 for an easy clear. The F2P option is to bring TM Jack and wait a turn on Stage 6, Stage 7 use Pizza Usopp and Colo Kid to bypass his resilience/attack down and burst with V2 G4, an orb booster, and your captain of choice. I'd probably go with TM Ace as a lead and Croc for burst turn. V2 Kuzan and Katakuri would probably be the best captains to use unless you have Tesoro/G4. 5+ Luffy if you're super early in.

As for invasion BM, bring a friend Tesoro or failing that V2G4 and a chain locker. TM Beckman works well if you have him. Bring either Chobro, Raid Zoro or Carina and win ez. Alternatively, bring double Raid Zoro and TM Mihawk as a sub, stall like mad, and easily burst her.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very small boosted units list for this tm

Might go for a 30 gem pull in part 2 trying to get ichiji

EDIT. the boosted unit list is so short i might not be able to actually make all boosted teams this time..it's a lil insane.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Not happy at all with the boosted units the TM. Definitely going to pull 80 to get Sanji at least, maaaaybe a final 50 for the legend depending on how the RRs go

Got Kuina silver for the free pull.

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
So far I'm at Nojiko, Sai, Thatch

Sai and Thatch are at least limit break mats and Thatch got me the last skill up I never bothered with

BlindCom

Dec 4, 2018
SW Nami, another day, another 300 RP. Could have been worse I guess.

And woah that's a pretty anemic legend and RR pool for this TM, as feared. Hopefully it's not the start of a new trend for TM on Global. It's always been much more generous than the JP TM in terms of boosted units. This time might just be an exception because Bandai expected everyone to pull on V2 G4 sugo but still they could have added some more older legends and RRs. Will have to rely mostly on TM units as captains

Sure feeling forced to pull on this TM sugo tonight, really really need that Carina more than ever now that characters like Raid Barto aren't boosted. Hoping that 80 gems will be enough to get Carina + Sanji, anything else would be a bonus. I'll probably end up running some teams with non-boosted units and rely on the 1.5 point boost from the ambush.

On the other hand, the pool of boosted units for TM Nami on Japan is fairly generous by their usual standards. No ambush this time though so it evens out. I will try aiming for 3M on JP and top 2.5k on GLB as usual.

Good luck to everyone pulling tonight!

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I got my teams sorted. Sort of, I know I'm being very optimistic on my team for Sanji lol, seeing as I only plan to do two multis, three max

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow they're straight up skipping TM G4 as a point reward, this TM will give Zoro/Sanji past a million

What an absolute dick move

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuuuuck Bandai. It's my fault guys. I spend three months salivating for the return of TM G4,, and now Bandai decides to go full haha fuck you :(